Asura.Tero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-07-18 08:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Alexander.Varistor said:
so why is it that 2/3 of our melee kills had no pearl light? i just don't get it.all these ppl stay in for hours and we go and can't get past 90 min. we ahve tried a cpl times to do marathon runs and never got a TE chest. we did azure til we got 1k cruor or 1250 exp then went to melee and nothing the whole time. we need to do some ruby too in there? please help
I'm not 100% sure but from what i hear it all depends on how u kill the mobs. By magic, melee, weapon skill or what ever else im leaving out. Can anyone confirm this?

And pls ppl for the sake of getting good exp and curor pls get all the Veridical Conflux's

yes killing the mobs in different ways yields different rewards

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q%26A:_Abyssea

here is the link to what killing them in different ways can do.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-18 09:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Varistor isn't asking about that. He's saying that, despite having melee deal the killing move, they aren't getting Pearl light.

It seems that recently some families have been found to not give certain lights. This sounds like it changes, possibly by server (there was no complaint about bats or mandies not giving Ruby until a couple days ago, in which people from different groups seemed to experience the same problem). Someone reports on BG that they heard bugards didn't give Pearl, so they killed different monsters along the way to build up Pearl and noticed that efts didn't give Pearl (and ironically bugards gave them Pearl anyway). Someone else posted that efts gave Pearl for their group.

So...whatever the reason, whether it be random or because some families are being killed too much, if you find that a family isn't giving you all three, it's probably best to switch to a new family. All the areas have plenty of choices.
 Asura.Tero
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-07-18 09:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i think that if you kill a mob with the same form of damage it doesnt show the light at least that what i think.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-18 12:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Azure light seems to be the only one guaranteed to come from the kill. I had my SMNs test out avatars, and out of all the blood pacts / spells used, they only got pearlescent once. However, we get azure light every magic kill (regardless of if it's back to back in response to the above post).

Edit: My internet is out right now so bear with me on response time.
 Asura.Franchise
By Asura.Franchise 2010-07-18 12:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

11 Hour Run Last night. 75-80 x2 cap XP on both and 10 merits. I love Abyssea!
 Asura.Franchise
By Asura.Franchise 2010-07-18 12:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
not sure if this has already been posted but i was wondering if ppl had info on best mobs (easiest to take down) to camp for curor/exp. mabey i should start a new thread for this info :/

Bats/Mandragoras in Konschtat Highlands.
Just did bats now, they are pretty easy, however someone said that the reason we weren't getting any ruby lights (we didn't get a single one) was because some families simply can't drop them). Because of this, we only had teir 1 red chests, which means we couldn't get our exp past cap.

Having said that, we only went to 370exp a kill anyway.

I was keeping track of lights for a while, pearlescent seemed to be a random drop rate, it only dropped from melee kills which was as expected, but it didn't drop from ALL melee kills. Since we leveled up Azure first, we weren't getting that many chests to start off with. So we didn't get our first exp chest until we'd hit Azure light level 39. At that time we were already capped (1250exp) on chest tier, so I'd say it takes less than 35 azure light to cap that. That took just under half an hour, because the two people that only had one stone got booted about 2 minutes before our first time extension. If anyone had entered with 2 stones (we all entered with at least 3) they would have been fine. Pearlescent light was harder to track, partly because of the infrequent drops, and partly because I started being a lolmeleerdm and also helping open chests. However, I'd say we were also capped on pearlescent (chest drop rate) at around about the 30-35 mark.

Just did an 11 hour run on bats didn't get ruby light and still capped and got enough red chest for it. I even had to rep the whole alliance throughout the run, and even some of the new members and everyone was able to get enough aura to cap xp and cru at 610 and 70 respectively.

We had multiple people come in with one stone and leave with over the max amount of time I have no idea why everyone else is having trouble this is my third run like this with no problems whats so ever.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-18 12:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Joined an Abyssea group the other day at 4 PM Est..

Got in an argument with this guy about random ***..

He was a ***! Maybe I am too, but that is not the point!

At 1 Am.. I couldn't take it anymore! I had to go to sleep..

I woke up the next morning, and they were still going at it!

So I joined them again <.<

Got my 6th level 80! So I mentioned that it was my 6th.. Right?

That *** was still there..

He says, "NO LIFE!"

I'm like, "Dude.. You've been here since 4pm yesterday -.-"

It was 10 Am The next morning XD
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-18 13:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pickup Abyssea? lol

Last night I got a pickup group, went really well. Enter with 90 minutes, left with 120+ minutes and about 250k exp.

Today, enter with my banked 120 minutes. leave 2 hours later with 10k exp and 60 min to bank.

WTF?

How hard can it be?

seacom now says:

Abyssea, can I have it?
RDM or BRD
Amateur No thanks.

Some people arent just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to put 2 BRD's in the BLM pt. (when there only was 2 BRD's in the entire alliance)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-18 14:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yesterdays run on bats in Tahrongi shows that not all families drop all coloured lights, but todays run on toads gave me a little more knowledge on them.

Azure = magic kills (including physical blue magic), this is 100%
Ruby = ws kills, this also seems to be 100% for mobs that give it
Pearlescent = melee kills, this is kinda random
Amber = Magical ws kills, also seems to be 100%

Azure increases blue chest tier, and according to SE, blue chest rate.
Ruby increases red chest tier, you need to tier this up to get gold/silver lights from red chests, else the only other way to tier this up is with ebon light from red chests, as ebon is all lights
Pearlescent increases chest drop rate
Amber increases gold chest tier. You'll know this one is capped when you get the oversized gold chests. Aside from some expensive synth items (which will all drop pretty fast I think), these also drop T3 NM pop key items.
Gold light increases exp cap
Silver light increases cruor cap

We actually had a little trouble keeping time up this run, even though we were getting good exp (~200k in 4-5 hours). Granted we only had about 2 parties at the end, and half a dozen afk leeches lol. Mostly we were getting gold chests, these contained temp items like megalixirs, lucid ether III, revitalizers, fanatic's drinks... all the good ones that'll come in hand for any serious NM fights. We were also getting T3 pop key items though. Got quite a few pop items for Briareus, not sure if we have any 2/3 sets, but certainly we have a lot of 1/3's, and various other key items. We got a fair few augmented items as well, pretty much nothing of interest, except for a hmp+3 jewelled collar, and a fast cast +1 jewelled collar.

we had one person who I think only entered with an hour, perhaps a little less. We were already capped and getting time extensions, so he'd been in for about 2 hours when we really started to struggle with time. Since we were getting a lot more gold and red chests than blue, I decided we should aim for magic kills for a little while, and sure enough, more blue chests started to drop... About 2 minutes too late for that member lol.

Perhaps it was just coincidence, but if you find yourself struggling for TE chests like we were, aim for magic kills for a bit and see if it helps :)
By Halfpint 2010-07-18 14:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in a pt last night and we struggled to get ANY lights at the mandy camp..Wwe tried straight magic kills for 20-30 minutes (3 lights)....straight melee kills...melee with absolutely no WS At all.. melee with ws.. no blu magic kills, stopped using smn to fight.. didn't matter what we did..only got 3 time extensions, 8 chests and lights Maybe every 10-15 kills.

We had 1-whm, 3-sch, 2-smn, 2-rdm, 1 blm, and a variety of Dd and other jobs. Is it possible to have an alliance that is TOO mage heavy? Does the speed at which things are killed figured in? IS time between killing one mob and attacking the next a factor? will the number of people actually "doing" their jobs while mobs are engaged change things??? If you are wanting azure lights and some numb-nuts kills with a WS, does that screw everything up???
I know there is a specific cycle you need to do to get things going. What i don't know is how to troubleshoot things when what is supposed to work doesn't
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-18 16:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
I was in a pt last night and we struggled to get ANY lights at the mandy camp..Wwe tried straight magic kills for 20-30 minutes (3 lights)....straight melee kills...melee with absolutely no WS At all.. melee with ws.. no blu magic kills, stopped using smn to fight.. didn't matter what we did..only got 3 time extensions, 8 chests and lights Maybe every 10-15 kills.

We had 1-whm, 3-sch, 2-smn, 2-rdm, 1 blm, and a variety of Dd and other jobs. Is it possible to have an alliance that is TOO mage heavy? Does the speed at which things are killed figured in? IS time between killing one mob and attacking the next a factor? will the number of people actually "doing" their jobs while mobs are engaged change things??? If you are wanting azure lights and some numb-nuts kills with a WS, does that screw everything up???
I know there is a specific cycle you need to do to get things going. What i don't know is how to troubleshoot things when what is supposed to work doesn't

There will be a little bit of luck involved, although most groups are getting better at maximizing that luck. Entering with 90 minutes gives you more time to start getting time chests to drop; killing fast gives you more chances for chest to drop; building up pearl light gives you more chances for chest to drop; building up azure light gives you more chance for blue chest to drop--and at a certain point, higher tier chests specifically (high exp, high cruor, time chest). At the point you've capped azure light, you should go for pearl to raise the general treasure chest chance, and ruby for red chests (which give you different lights that raise exp/cruor floor from monsters). If you find blue chest tier dropping (suddenly lower exp/cruor, no time), go back to building azure.

But specifically getting a time chest to drop is just luck as far as I can tell. When I went in once, we just kept getting max exp and max cruor chests...
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-18 17:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If any 1 has tried exping on the Highland Treant in abyssea-konschtat i would like to know how it went? Im thinking about heading there tonight to give it a try
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-18 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Pickup Abyssea? lol

Last night I got a pickup group, went really well. Enter with 90 minutes, left with 120+ minutes and about 250k exp.

Today, enter with my banked 120 minutes. leave 2 hours later with 10k exp and 60 min to bank.

WTF?

How hard can it be?

seacom now says:

Abyssea, can I have it?
RDM or BRD
Amateur No thanks.

Some people arent just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to put 2 BRD's in the BLM pt. (when there only was 2 BRD's in the entire alliance)

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Got my BLM from 10k into 75, to capped buffer at Lv80 in one Abyssea pt, starting with 90mins. Today I go in 120 mins and walk out with 20k xp lol, and we DID reach the 1250xp/1k cruor chest tier.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-18 18:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserket's Tonic temp item.

100% double attack for 3 mins. 36 subsequent double atacks. I like.

Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-19 09:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So, we just tried the Mesa Wivre's in konschtat, because every other mob in every zone was taken.

Know I know why these werent taken.

At first we were like "Oh these are squishy, they die really fast" but the we were like "FFFFFFUUUUUUU"

Aparently they have some spike flail move. ppl died, a lot. we went home

end of story.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-19 10:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
So, we just tried the Mesa Wivre's in konschtat, because every other mob in every zone was taken.

At first we were like "Oh these are squishy, they die really fast" but the we were like "FFFFFFUUUUUUU"

end of story.
I lol'd rather hard.

/comfort
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-19 10:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the known drops list.

New adds are:

Item NM
auric dagger Cuelebre
ocelot gloves Eccentric Eve
tantra necklace Cuelebre

Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-19 10:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to open an alliance to lvl my BLU. Came out after about 9h, my BLU went from 71 to 80 with capped skills.
We went to the Mandy-Camp in Tahrongi Canyon, our setup was 5xBLM,2xCOR,2xBRD,2xWHM,7xDD
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-19 10:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some info on Lacovie.

Firstly, it is huge. Literally huge.
(http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/46108)

Setup:
PLD PLD WHM WHM BRD RDM
THF RNG BRD RDM BLM BLM
BRD BLM BLM BLM BLM BLM
(8 relics)

15 minute fight time. At no point was there any real danger. Tried to note as much as possible, but there's a good chance I missed a lot.

Used invincible 5 times (82%, 65%, 46%, 27% and 11%).
Weak enstone on melee hits. Capable of DA.
200 damage to BLM with protect5.

Used slow2, quake, stone5, break, all single target.
Also used breakga. Possibly used slow2ga also.
At 9% it casted quake which was AoE.
No noticable fast cast.

Doesn't go in to shell at all.
Blizzard4 was doing 527 everytime for 1%.
Aero4 did 237. Only tried this once.
Aspir was very uneffective.
Hard to gauge its movement speed with how little we moved it and its size, but I would say it has speed+.
Can be paralyzed.
Doesn't link.
Doesn't draw-in. When one of the BLMs pulled hate, he would walk over to them.

Seemed to have 5 TP moves:
Standard defensive buff move.
Earth breath was weak, 300~ or so to tanks.
Single target headbutt type, absorbed by shadows.
Single target stomp type, absorbed by shadows. Did 1500~ to very well geared PLD.
AoE stomp type, circular based on Lacovia, wipes shadows. 10-15 yalm range. Damage varied. 500-800 on tanks, upwards on mages. 1206 to myself through full stoneskin with protect5.

Drops with TH4:
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/46109
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-19 10:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

its possible the fact there was no danger was accounted for by the 8/18 full relics ya had.... lol, but thats a lot of good info about the NM itself
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-19 11:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, very nice accounting of the fight dude. Any guess at range on that aoe stomp move? That seems to be the one that's gonna screw the fight more than anything.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-19 11:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

95% sure it was somewhere between 10 and 15 yalms.

Edited it in to the original post, sorry.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-19 11:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Aye, very nice accounting of the fight dude.
Seconded. We need more of this kind of reporting on NMs.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-19 11:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to think of it, that's popped way up the NW somewhere right? There's probably a few places you could drag it close by where you can use ledges to avoid aoe with height, not sure if it's worth the effort or not, but I'd love to see a screenshot of this thing walking down one of the skinny *** passages <_<

It'd probably just be all like, "Oh HELL no!" and spam draw-in.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-07-19 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
5 2hrs (82%, 65%, 46%, 27% and 11%).

Which 2 hour? Manafont?
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-19 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Invincible.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-19 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Pickup Abyssea? lol

WTF?

How hard can it be?

seacom now says:

Abyssea, can I have it?
RDM or BRD
Amateur No thanks.

I've been in that situation as brd, I actually told the leader that me being in the blm party was useless unless he wanted me to hit Intelligence songs on the blm's(???)

I was told BRD's are useless with DD because DD's aren't supposed to get the kills.

/facedesk
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-19 12:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've been in that situation as brd, I actually told the leader that me being in the blm party was useless unless he wanted me to hit Intelligence songs on the blm's(???)

I was told BRD's are useless with DD because DD's aren't supposed to get the kills.

/facedesk
ROFL
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-19 23:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't been able to read everything in the thread, but was curious to ask about EXP alliances in Abyssea.

I've been in a couple shout/pickup alliance groups that did fine. Got lots of EXP and cruor, based on getting several Time Extension and 1000-1250 EXP chests.

However, tonight, I went in with my group that usually focuses on NMs, and we did an EXP alliance instead this time.
We used a full alliance, killed same-mob-type repeatedly, focused on trying to get Azure and Pearl lights from kills ... but somehow we ended up getting no Time Extension chests.

Any thoughts on why? Has anyone experienced similar "dud" runs for seemingly no reason? Is this just craptacular bad luck?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-20 05:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

end of story.

2 days ago, we did the Mesa wivre's since there were alot of camps had been taken. We killed them too fast, but we got these crazy linkga. We survived this Mesa Wivre camp until Abyssea kicked us out. It was good if you can kill faster before next wivre pops. We've noticed they came in 2 different sizes under the same name. One is large and another one is small. Sometimes We got 200exp from One, but next one we got like 110 exp. They don't break a chain as long as it is the same type mob.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 36 37 38