Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 36 37 38
 Bismarck.Danara
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Shinzoku
By Bismarck.Danara 2010-07-13 16:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Bakka in the earlier post I had a quick question that needs some clarification. I did a run in Konstadt yesterday for some key items and apparently there are rumors going around that Bakka drops a key items that gives -10 hrs for new stones. Nothing is up on the FFXIclopedia site. Has anyone ever gotten this key item or is it just a rumor?

Also does anyone know how to get the key item for holding 4 stones?
(haven't read much of this thread so if I was answered already I apologize :D)
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 16:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danara said:
Speaking of Bakka in the earlier post I had a quick question that needs some clarification. I did a run in Konstadt yesterday for some key items and apparently there are rumors going around that Bakka drops a key items that gives -10 hrs for new stones. Nothing is up on the FFXIclopedia site. Has anyone ever gotten this key item or is it just a rumor?

Also does anyone know how to get the key item for holding 4 stones?
(haven't read much of this thread so if I was answered already I apologize :D)
Haven't heard that.

As far as I know, nobody has confirmed how much the abyssite that reduces time to next stone actually reduces it by. I highly doubt it halves it.

Again, as far as I know, nobody has done it. People are still working up their fame levels in each zone to unlock the quests and check rewards.

Edit: Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can find anything else aside from what I just posted.
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-07-13 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Valmur said:
Melee's... just dont listen

Me melee!
Me smash!
Me no listen to puny mage-thingy.
[+]
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-07-13 23:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do pop NMs in Abyssea progressively get harder when you chain them also? A group of 12 of us chain popped the dragon fly NM and he seemed to get harder after every pop and also gave more xp. Was this just coincidence or can you chain them also?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 23:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
Do pop NMs in Abyssea progressively get harder when you chain them also? A group of 12 of us chain popped the dragon fly NM and he seemed to get harder after every pop and also gave more xp. Was this just coincidence or can you chain them also?
Fought Mandy NM 5 times yesterday. Was a joke the whole time, but with our mage heavy strat I doubt we would've seen a difference even if it did get harder.

Edit: Though we did get a few more XP each time.
By Wisestone 2010-07-14 20:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished fighting mandy NM few min ago with ls
and 0/3 on bomblet drop >.> one thing i did notice about 10 min to end of run was i think everytime we Magic killed mobs (mandys) they seem to about allways drop a chest.... a diff chest at that...
Gold...blue and red...also im still trying to figure out how to get time extension
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-14 22:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
Me melee!
Me smash!
Me no listen to puny mage-thingy.
Totally off topic here, we used to have a guy in our LS called Junstrife, nice guy actually, but I think he stopped playing a while back. We started calling him JUNSMASH because of this very attitude though. I think he took it as a compliment.

Oh and Krizz, yes, you've answered all my questions so far. As much as they're things I want to know for myself, they're also asking questions on things that I think need answering for the sake of general information in the thread though :) Thanks for all the info in this thread.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-14 22:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol we had a guy like that in one of my lss. He'd even yell at us for getting magic aggro after he yelled at us to heal him after he ran into a room full of magic aggro after the brd pulled one out of the room.

Would also yell at us for not coming to help him kill a mob that didn't need to be killed after we left it slept...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 08:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Opo Opos are now up in La Theine on several (if not all) servers. Near the Jugner zone line.

Edit:
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 08:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait like they weren't there before?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 08:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Wait like they weren't there before?
Correct. Same with the Xzomits and mini-Wyverns. There are still tonberries that haven't spawned as well. Otherwise, all mob families are now accounted for.
 Asura.Braego
Server: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-07-15 08:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Opo Opos are now up in La Theine on several (if not all) servers. Near the Jugner zone line.

Edit:

Hey sorry about that Krizz... Someone broke into my opo-opo farm last night and were let loose everywhere. Since it's illegal to actually farm these creatures, I haven't been able to report this to the police... ><
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 08:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the known drops list.

New adds are:

Item NM
Barcarolle Medal Poroggo Dom Juan
Goading Belt Lacovie
Hero's Galea Lacovie
Matre Bragezenn Hadhayosh
Saika Hachimaki Lacovie
By Wisestone 2010-07-15 08:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

so has anyone found out more info about time chest?

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 08:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wisestone said:
BG said:
Last two time we went in we focused on Azure til we hit tier then Pearlescent. It doesn't take that much Azure to cap out on that, usually 20ish kills and we'd hit top tier? Of course there would be occasional other Azure kills throughout or from chests but they didn't seem needed. Though when we had to replace a few people we recapped Azure because we weren't getting as many top tier chests from the new people. Only took about 10-20 magic kills to cap for them. (Might have been some from chests too.)
BG said:
Azure = Tier of Blue Chests
Ruby = Tier of Red Chests
Golden = Exp Cap
Silver = Cruor Cap
Ebon = Exp and Cruor, but it seems to be not as powerful as silver or gold.
Amber = Tier of Gold Chests
Pearlescent = Rate of Chests

I agree with what has been said in those quotes. One thing that isn't mentioned is that TEs require max tier of blue chests.

Edit:

Azure = magic kills
Ruby = WS kills
Pearlescent = Melee kills
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-15 09:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Night, we did Abyssea for up to 6 hours, but I left with 40 mins. We noticed we lacked alot of Azure when we had new people. WE tried to recap Azure near time is over, but more blue chests drop, more TE chests. Normally they are just random with 5 types: EXP, Cruor, Light (HP/MP recovered), Time Extension, and Temp. Items.

We made over 200k exp with about 60 cruors. It was great run.
By Wisestone 2010-07-15 09:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

/Flamesuit On!

Tnx going to try that out on Fridays run^^
Not sure if anyone one answered this allready
But that Key you can get from Npc for 500 cur
Does that open all types of chest or certin ones?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 09:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Does that open all types of chest or certin ones?
All except pre-spawned chests (Mimics)
All except pre-spawned chests that are mimics.*

There are pre-spawned chests that aren't mimics. The brown/gold chests are the mimics. If you find a blue one randomly, you'll be able to open it.

However, I don't recommend using keys unless it's to unlock top tier chests that you're within one guess of failing.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-07-15 09:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

last night we did a run, did kills with magic, and we never got anything above feeble azure light? any ideas? few posts above says should take 10-20 kills to reach cap but we never got up to 'faint'. what did we do wrong? did we not kill fast enough and lose the "chain"? any ideas why? if you need mob fighting, ally set up, that kind of stuff let me know. I don't get it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 09:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
last night we did a run, did kills with magic, and we never got anything above feeble azure light? any ideas? few posts above says should take 10-20 kills to reach cap but we never got up to 'faint'. what did we do wrong? did we not kill fast enough and lose the "chain"? any ideas why? if you need mob fighting, ally set up, that kind of stuff let me know. I don't get it.
think of each faint as adding +1 to an invisible counter. You won't know when you hit it aside from the quality of your blue chests.
 Lakshmi.Tadacho
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tadacho
By Lakshmi.Tadacho 2010-07-15 09:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Last Night, we did Abyssea for up to 6 hours, but I left with 40 mins. We noticed we lacked alot of Azure when we had new people. WE tried to recap Azure near time is over, but more blue chests drop, more TE chests. Normally they are just random with 5 types: EXP, Cruor, Light (HP/MP recovered), Time Extension, and Temp. Items.

We made over 200k exp with about 60 cruors. It was great run.

Chest drops, their quality and colour is basically determined by two things: 1. The type of damage that inflicts the killshot (determines type) and 2. The amount of time the person who inflicted the killshot has been inside Abyssea (determines quality).

When you're in there for a long time, your chest drops get better and faster, but say after 3 hours you swap half of your alliance for new people.

You'll start to notice some chests may pop 1250 EXP whilst other pop 400 EXP. Why the inconsistency? It'll be because the new arrivals are landing the killshots. When you get new people try to ensure they aren't landing the final blows until they've been in Abyssea for an hour+.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-15 09:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Varistor, just going off stuff in this thread, it seems you never really actually get over that, but it's actually adding to an invisible total. So every time you kill a mob and get "feeble azure light", it adds +1 to your azure light total. If you do happen to get "faint azure light", then it's +2.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Wisestone said:
BG said:
Last two time we went in we focused on Azure til we hit tier then Pearlescent. It doesn't take that much Azure to cap out on that, usually 20ish kills and we'd hit top tier? Of course there would be occasional other Azure kills throughout or from chests but they didn't seem needed. Though when we had to replace a few people we recapped Azure because we weren't getting as many top tier chests from the new people. Only took about 10-20 magic kills to cap for them. (Might have been some from chests too.)
BG said:
Golden = Exp Cap
Silver = Cruor Cap

I agree with what has been said in those quotes. One thing that isn't mentioned is that TEs require max tier of blue chests.

Edit:

Azure = magic kills
Ruby = WS kills
So Golden, Silver, Ebon and Amber lights all come from chests? What colour? In fact, what are the differences with all the chests?
 Alexander.Temaruma
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-15 09:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Varistor, just going off stuff in this thread, it seems you never really actually get over that, but it's actually adding to an invisible total. So every time you kill a mob and get "feeble azure light", it adds 1 to your azure light total. If you do happen to get "faint azure light", then it's 2.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Wisestone said:
BG said:
BG said:
Golden = Exp Cap
Silver = Cruor Cap

Edit:

Azure = magic kills
Ruby = WS kills
So Golden, Silver, Ebon and Amber lights all come from chests? What colour? In fact, what are the differences with all the chests?

The "Lights" drop from red colored chests.

The difference in the color of the chests is what is inside them.

The blue chests drop either exp, cruor, temporary items, time extensions, or are "restoration boxes" think limbus but single target.

And the golden colored chests drop a variety of items, from new scrolls to synthesis materials, to augmented equipment.

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 09:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Blue = XP, cruor, time extensions
Red = lights
Gold = temp items, augmented items, key items, other random items

Is that what you were asking?
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-15 09:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Red = lights

In my experience I have never had temp. items in golden chests, but they can drop in blue chests (like blue treasure caskets from fov) at lower tiers, and at higher tiers drop to everyone in alliance.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 09:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Red = lights

In my experience I have never had temp. items in golden chests, but they can drop in blue chests (like blue treasure caskets from fov) at lower tiers, and at higher tiers drop to everyone in alliance.
I couldn't remember which the temp items came from. Working from memory. I also left out the stupid useless restore chests.
 Alexander.Varistor
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-07-15 09:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you guys for the info. one more Q. last night i opened a chest that gave a golden light which from posts above raises exp cap, does that reset the azure light to where we start over or is just a one time deal and does not affect our actual light?
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-15 10:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
thank you guys for the info. one more Q. last night i opened a chest that gave a golden light which from posts above raises exp cap, does that reset the azure light to where we start over or is just a one time deal and does not affect our actual light?

No, getting one light will not reduce the tiers of other lights.

Golden lights (this is theory as its kinda rough to test) raise the exp your getting by roughly 10.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-15 10:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yus thank you Krizz. Looks like it's best to concentrate on magic/ws kills first off to get to a higher tier of chest, then go with some melee kills to increase how often they drop?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 36 37 38