Abyssea
First Page 2 ... 36 37 38
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 00:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for making an appropriately named thread for me to post Abyssea stuff in. I'll add more tomorrow.
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Abyssea NPC that gives gear for Cruor. Gain Cruor for each fight.

Perle Set:

Aurore Set:

Teal Set:

Cruor from mobs

Glowing

Conflux
Quote:
The world of Abyssea is vast and often intimidating. To traverse the realm with greater ease, players will want to make effective use of the "Veridical Confluxes" scattered about each area. First, a conflux must be activated by examining it and paying a nominal fee in cruor. Once a conflux has been activated, you may spend additional cruor to warp instantaneously from it to any other conflux that you have activated in the area. The central base of each area contains a conflux (Veridical Conflux #01) to which players may teleport free of charge.

Also, I'm not here. I'm asleep. You don't see me.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-06-22 00:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know where all 3 abyssea entrances are?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 00:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Anyone know where all 3 abyssea entrances are?
The lower level zone entrances.

La Theine is E-4 or so. Can't miss it when zoning into Ronfaure. Other two zones are the same.
[+]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-22 00:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz, how long did it take to kill those monsters? Full party? I'm just trying to do that math. 3000 Cruor at 15 apiece from mobs is 200 kills... wondering how long a kill takes, given our 30m time limit... etc.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 00:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Krizz, how long did it take to kill those monsters? Full party? I'm just trying to do that math. 3000 Cruor at 15 apiece from mobs is 200 kills... wondering how long a kill takes, given our 30m time limit... etc.
~3 minutes per fight. 76WHM/BLM and... 75COR/DNC. Spent a bit of time resting since I went through a lot of MP testing spells on the mobs. With a PT they go down very fast. Watched a group burn through 3-4 DCs while I was waiting on COR to get unweakened.

He decided to test if XP is lost in Abyssea. It is.

These mobs did not aggro or link . Didn't test healing near them, but don't believe that will cause them to aggro either.

Silence worked. Repose / Light Shot was never resisted. Normal resistance to banish / holy (444 holy with afflatus solace up and some cures tossed. not sure if that's cap).
[+]
 Diabolos.Jaeth
Server: Diabolos
user: Jaeth
By Diabolos.Jaeth 2010-06-22 00:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this elsewhere but....

Played around in the zone from Tahrongi Canyon. There is an oversized Qutrub NM named Manananggal that is invisible. Popped right on my pt while we were fighting a Gully Clionid. Regular hit (not a TP move) hit my 75 mnk for 4k damage.
[+]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-22 00:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
~3 minutes per fight. 76WHM/BLM and... 75COR/DNC. Spent a bit of time resting since I went through a lot of MP testing spells on the mobs. With a PT they go down very fast. Watched a group burn through 3-4 EPs while I was waiting on COR to get unweakened.

He decided to test if XP is lost in Abyssea. It is.

Hmm... so, at 3 minutes per fight, that would be 10 monsters per Abyssea session at 15 Cru each, for a total of 150 per run. So 20 sessions would net 3K Cru for those items. Now there's a few 4K and 5K ones, so those would take even longer... but, if my math is correct, it would still take 6 months or so to get a whole gear set... that kind of sucks.

Obviously the math changes if you can kill faster, or stay longer, etc. But, going off the info supplied... yeah, that does kind of suck how long it would take for obtaining those pieces.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 00:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind there are quests you can do in zone as well. I plan on trying to complete a couple tomorrow when I get off work to test rewards.

Also, keep in mind these are the weakest mobs in zone.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 00:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quests you can do in zone ? what quests are they?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 00:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Quests you can do in zone ? what quests are they?
Example:
Quote:
Another device you will find throughout the Abyssean landscape is the martello. These curious metallic contraptions allow players to restore their HP or MP and cure themselves of status ailments. Martellos are powered by a magically endowed fuel that will gradually be depleted with each use.
A martello whose fuel tank is empty must be replenished before it can be used again. Replenishment of martellos is handled through a quest that may be undertaken by speaking to the "Machine Outfitter" NPC at the central base. This NPC will also offer another quest by which players may install spare tanks to increase a martello's maximum fuel capacity.

*Players may not carry both the martello fuel and fuel tank key items at once; the two quests must be undertaken separately. Furthermore, leaving the area, logging out, or getting expelled from Abyssea will cause the loss of these key items, requiring the quest to be restarted.
I talked to the NPC for this quest, but didn't bother since I was leaving the zone.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-22 00:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh-- 30 minutes isn't nearly long enough to explore anything. :\ I know you can extend it to 120 minutes but really that's not enough either...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 00:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Eh-- 30 minutes isn't nearly long enough to explore anything. :\ I know you can extend it to 120 minutes but really that's not enough either...
Eh, LS event twice a week would get quite a bit done I think. Like I said, there's other stuff in the area. We'll just have to wait and see what the most efficient way to get the gear is.

Edit: And still don't know what drops from the NMs and whatnot here yet.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 00:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

teh eh ehe I am excited.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-22 00:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the mobs give 400+ exp and are easy to kill they're VT but there arent many of them.

The ones that glow give 400+ exp for a pt of 6 75's.

I'm just kinda pissed SE promised new areas to exp but I'm sorry... exping for 30 minutes doesnt seem to appealin for me except for that gear... and even then it's only 30min...

Edit: Btw we fought the Wasp NM; it does Hundred Fist and raped us cause we were unprepared but a different setup I think we woulda been fine with 6.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-06-22 00:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

sup.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 07:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea La Theine:

Entry area with NPCs

Mobs
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 07:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

whaaa..the abyssea ***even isnt worth it; ; lots of Q.Q those 10 dollars couldve bought me some taco maker today D: lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 07:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

well the gears is worth it. i guess its time based gears you get?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 07:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
whaaa..the abyssea ***even isnt worth it; ; lots of Q.Q those 10 dollars couldve bought me some taco maker today D: lol
I wouldn't say that yet. This is just the tip of the zone. There are tons of NMs out there. Nobody knows which of the gear they drop (at least that I've seen so far).
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 07:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, take a look at this post if you haven't read much on Abyssea. It should give you a good idea of the basics of Abyssea.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3887007&postcount=2

Hopefully it doesn't take long for wiki to be populated with some NMs and pops.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-06-22 07:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in for a peek today in a pt of 3 blm. Found an NM called mangy tailed marvin. Was alot tougher than we expected, hitting for 350. Managed to get it down to about 70% kiting it around a wall but it got us in the end. Wouldnt be too hard if we were prepared I wouldnt think. Also one of the guys rr'd and started casting raise and got magic aggro from one of those glowing ghost things, so there does seem to be a bit of aggro.
Seems like a very fun event so far, have to say though I am a little annoyed at SE making us pay for what appears to be just a new endgame event
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 08:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how to get the option to buy these, but according to BG the below items are also for purchase with Cruor. I will go today and attempt to get the map of Abyssea-La Theine
Quote:
==Key Items:
Abyssea-Tahrongi Map 3500
ivory abyssite of sojourn 6k
ivory abyssite of confluence 4800
ivory abyssite of expertise 4800
clear demilune abyssite 300

==Temp Items:
80 points
lucid potion I
lucid ether I
catholicon

120 points
dusty elixir
tube of clear salve I

bottle of stalwart's tonic
ascetic's tonic
champion's tonic

lucid potion II

lucid elixir I
healing powder
mana powder
healing salve I
vicars drink
clear salve II

==Enhancements:
HP Boost 50 points
VIT-AGI boost 100
INt-MND-CHR boost 100
MP Boost 120
STR-DEX boost 120

Edit: Well, I'm going to look for how to get the map. I won't have anywhere near the Cruor today to get it.
 Asura.Tero
Server: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-06-22 08:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Some of the mobs give 400 exp and are easy to kill they're VT but there arent many of them.

The ones that glow give 400 exp for a pt of 6 75's.

I'm just kinda pissed SE promised new areas to exp but I'm sorry... exping for 30 minutes doesnt seem to appealin for me except for that gear... and even then it's only 30min...

Edit: Btw we fought the Wasp NM; it does Hundred Fist and raped us cause we were unprepared but a different setup I think we woulda been fine with 6.

Se did add new exp camps in promys and cost / meadows >>
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-22 08:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

At this moment in time i run an abyssea LS on asura.

I went in with a full alliance, DD, tank, and mage pt.

We tore up the zone naturally. even with an alliance, mobs were giving 40~400 experience points.

There were lots of events things that were happening, mobs dropping chest with temp items and such. Emitting of light after defeating enemies, and some mobs dropping rare items whose uses are unknown at this time.

Our next run we are going to do in groups to spread out, and we are going to wait until we have at least 60 minutes.

*edit oh and most interesting was something about air pressure
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-22 09:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, at the moment the time limit is 30 minutes and unknown how to extend it? Is tahgroni, konschtat, and the plateau all abyssea accessible in from the start? Just curious.

Edit: oh, and what's the cooldown time before entering again?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 09:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
So, at the moment the time limit is 30 minutes and unknown how to extend it? Is tahgroni, konschtat, and the plateau all abyssea accessible in from the start? Just curious.

Edit: oh, and what's the cooldown time before entering again?
Quote:
Traverser stones can be obtained from the Port Jeuno NPC "Joachim," who will have an additional stone in stock every 20 hours (Earth time). Adventurers may call on Joachim at their convenience to collect their due amount of stones that has accumulated over time.
Each stone = 30 minutes. Initially can hold 3. Upon meeting some requirement, you can hold 4.

Edit: Just thought about it, I don't know if you can do them like tags and hold 3/4 and have another 3/4 ready to pick up from the NPC.
First Page 2 ... 36 37 38