[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-18 17:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
just a side note here...did nobody take into account dmg during the TP phase due to raised attack from riceballs? (hey i'm just asking...calm the heck down lol)

the reason you're feeling some hostility is you are making the EXACT same arguments hundreds of gimps have made before you, and you could find out why your counterarguments aren't valid by simply using the search function

instead, clinpachi has to sit down with you and slowly and patiently explain the errors in your logic until six pages later you finally see the light. it's tolerable with one person, but eventually it gets old
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
just a side note here...did nobody take into account dmg during the TP phase due to raised attack from riceballs? (hey i'm just asking...calm the heck down lol)
I'll be pretty honest attack caps off or is a moot point EXCEPT when calculated into penta damage.... which is polearm... which to get 5 hit you need 5/5 store TP merits >_<.

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

the reason you're feeling some hostility is you are making the EXACT same arguments people have before you, and you could find out why your counterarguments aren't valid by simply using the search function

instead, clinpachi has to sit down with you and slowly and patiently explain the errors in your logic until six pages later you finally see the light. it's tolerable with one person, but eventually it gets old
I think a lot of the problem to be honest... is the fact nobody will take the time to show them WHY or show practicality. Bandwagon's or people who do it wrong were brought about by the very people who criticize them in my opinion. Why WOULD you want to do it right when most of the population who had/uses that gear treats you like a piece of ***. That's where the term cookie cutter came from I'm sure.

I understand the minor flaws of "not being engaged 100% of the time" but that can go two ways.... one person may pay better attention and on top of his toes... while the other person may be the lazy jerkoff you see in merit PT's sitting on 300% TP and just swinging away after engaging the mob at 70%.

Even in which case those flaws aren't flaws if you are both equally skilled in terms of playing.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll ask again, anybody have a working parser I can use?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hagun brings about 15-17% increase... you're rindo only has 5% increase.

17%+19%overwhelm 5/5 = 36% WS damage.
4%+19%overwhelm 5/5 = 23% WS damage.
Overwhelm is a separate component from TP bonus, not sure how it interacts with Rindo.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
50 attack on 35% of your damage (probably 40%+ in your case), which is compensated for by the loss of haste (which affects your total damage)... not really worth noting, sorry. Further, pizza just so happens to give 50 attack.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-18 17:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

google kparser
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

50 att? how much att+ does pizza give, my riceballs give 150? again just asking for clarity sake..i thought 150 att on a food wasn't THAT bad for an att food
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

google kparser

thx ^^
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I used to use Kparse back when i did SAM... now that i am getting back into the swing of things i could use one myself.

Parsing is always the ultimate key to success... figure things out and compare for yourself is the best thing you'll ever do.

Just don't take you're riceball build vs askar body/hachiman SAM's STILL with gkatana and think you are in the clear if going after birdies.

Try to snag a Tomoe, Gondo, Engetsuto in that order of availability. But again with 5/5 store TP you can't hit a 5 hit build but i almost promise if you gear the WS part right you'll beat you're own gkatana setup.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
50 att? how much att does pizza give, my riceballs give 150? again just asking for clarity sake..i thought 150 att on a food wasn't THAT bad for an att food
My bad, thought you were at least using Turban/Dusk.

100 attack vs 11% haste

100 attack is a ~20% increase to ~40% of your damage, or 8% overall. It generally doesn't affect your WS damage at all.

11% haste on the other hand is at least a 12.4% increase in damage. That's if you had zero haste aside from those slots.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
50 att? how much att does pizza give, my riceballs give 150? again just asking for clarity sake..i thought 150 att on a food wasn't THAT bad for an att food
you sure its 150? i thought it was just 100... and pizza+1 caps out at 55 i believe. But again you have a 7 hit build with 4% haste. It won't even matter that i can promise.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

3x rice ball gear = +150 att yes i'm 100% positive

and yes i have a latent broken Gondoshizunori
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
you sure its 150? i thought it was just 100... and pizza 1 caps out at 55 i believe.
50 per piece, he's using all 3. Was using NQ pizza since I figured he wouldn't go to the expense of HQ.

EDIT: Also, that was a best-case scenario for your build. Any attack buffs and it only gets worse for riceballs.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
50 per piece, he's using all 3. Was going for NQ pizza since I figured he wouldn't go to the expense of HQ.

come on dude...really? lol like i said i have dusk gloves, i have sarutobi's i have turban..i just chose the rice ball gears...its not like i don't give a ***entirely lol....wtf

edit: anyways, time for work..see you all in about 6ish hours..gotta pay my bills and stuff somehow hehe
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok gotcha i didn't see that it had it on 3 different pieces of gear... i thought just two.

But even with 150+ attack... you have a 7 hit build with 4% haste. You could have 250+ attack and you still wouldn't even come close.

And remember with polearm you'll still get beat because you'll only have a 6 hit build at best.

You lack too much in the haste department + xHit build.... I've done the best i could to show you why 5/5 store TP > 5/5 zanshin.

Take that parser and make real use of it is the best advice i can give you at this point.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
50 per piece, he's using all 3. Was going for NQ pizza since I figured he wouldn't go to the expense of HQ.

come on dude...really? lol like i said i have dusk gloves, i have sarutobi's i have turban..i just chose the rice ball gears...its not like i don't give a ***entirely lol....wtf
Yeah, really.
Quote:
Ifrit.Eikechi
2010-06-18 14:15:04
I'm just gonna PM this one to you, since I know I'll get laughed at..hell you might even laugh at me lol idc....its all good
GK: (atm) Rindomaru (STP+7 acc+6 WS dmg+5%)
Sub: Pole Grip
Ammo: Balm Sachet
Head: Roshi Jinpachi (yes rice ball)
Neck: Chiv chain
Earrings: Bushinomimi + Brutal
Body: Hauby
Hands: AF+1
Rings: Jaeger/Flame + Rajas
Back: Aesir for TP, Smilodon+1 for WS
Waist: Swift for TP/WW Belt for WS
Legs: lolShinku haidate (no sky LS..haven't had one in years unfortunately)
Feet: Nobushi Kyahan
Its a riceball build, but I do have the 6 hit with it
Look familiar?

EDIT: rl card, nice

btw, the reason I said you wouldn't go to the expense is because you clearly don't have the gil to do so, nor should you as you could do more with that gil elsewhere.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Clin pulled the rl card, just a few hours ago lol he had ***to do...I'M SORRY I PAY MY OWN BILLS lol..i really do have to go i'm gonna be late....and i do have the haste gears for sam (just no haidate or usukane but i have sarutobi's) and i use HQ pizzas on pup a lot...they are nice lol..i just dont on sam lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You have them, but you're not using them.

Not helping your case here.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

._. its more a navy card than RL card because believe me i'd rather be here doing this lmao. >_<
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-18 17:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@Eikechi

TBH I can't believe most of these ppl are being this nice...Clin, Nightfyre and others have take the time and effort to slowly and methodically show you the errors in your build (might be the first time i've seen this happen on these forums..) These ppl clearly are trying to help you..open up the eyes man learn from the advice given..and its not just advice its proven math!

With the set you use as much as you love it you are just limiting the damage that you can deal on your sam..simple as that.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
@Eikechi

TBH I can't believe most of these ppl are being this nice...Clin, Nightfyre and others have take the time and effort to slowly and methodically show you the errors in your build (might be the first time i've seen this happen on these forums..) These ppl clearly are trying to help you..open up the eyes man learn from the advice given..and its not just advice its proven math!

With the set you use as much as you love it you are just limiting the damage that you can deal on your sam..simple as that.
I had my wheaties today.... t'was a good day.
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-18 20:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If I can interject...

Even someone as unorthodox as me can tell you you'd get more out of just about any merit besides Zanshin.

Every time someone starts quoting numbers at me my brain goes fuzzy too and I tune it out, but even if you have low accuracy in your build Zanshin should work fine on its own. If you really feel it necessary, use gear that enhances it and save the merits for something else.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-18 20:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I personally did 5/5 meditate (I think thats a must) 5/5 Zanshin, 1/5 shikkikoyo 4/5 ikishoten.. I think the zanshin bonuses help with mobs with insanely high acc and the TP bonus from ikishoten is very noticeable and I personally like it..most don't like the build I use for sam, but its my play style and I happen to like the dmg I do on sam, as do others I've played with
Pizza says hi.

5/5 STP
5/5 Meditate or Third Eye, your choice

5/5 Overwhelm
1/5 Shiki is good to have to pass TP around before events
4/5 BB to round it out

Why did people rate this down? This is the best way to merit your SAM. Personally I did 2/5 meditate, 3/5 Third eye because I do salvage as SAM/WAR.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-18 20:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I personally did 5/5 meditate (I think thats a must) 5/5 Zanshin, 1/5 shikkikoyo 4/5 ikishoten.. I think the zanshin bonuses help with mobs with insanely high acc and the TP bonus from ikishoten is very noticeable and I personally like it..most don't like the build I use for sam, but its my play style and I happen to like the dmg I do on sam, as do others I've played with
Pizza says hi.

5/5 STP

5/5 Overwhelm
4/5 BB to round it out

Why did people rate this down? This is the best way to merit your SAM. Personally I did 2/5 meditate, 3/5 Third eye because I do salvage as SAM/WAR.

Some people will rate you down no matter what. While others, because they dont like you. It doesnt matter to them if you typed something that is helpful or useful

/Welcome to the web
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-18 20:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Pizza says hi.

5/5 STP

5/5 Overwhelm
4/5 BB to round it out

Some people will rate you down no matter what. While others, because they dont like you. It doesnt matter to them if you typed something that is helpful or useful

/Welcome to the web

Guess what I just did!
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-18 20:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

rated us down

so what
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-18 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
rated us down

so what

; - ; I thought you'd be offended and mad /cry
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-06-18 21:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
I don't have Haidate, nor do I even have an LS that does events
Do you know 6 people with the following jobs and a bit of skill:

2 PLD or 2 DRK
WHM
RDM
BRD
THF

and a few other people who would be willing to help?

Great idea, except the DRK's he knows are probably wearing full Black set, THF's with AF legs, etc etc.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Whats wrong with THF af Legs?! thats Shield Skillz right there D: and AGI!
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-06-18 21:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously everyone needs to TP in full slow gear. Slow gear would mean that each swing you do = 100TP% and you WS every other hit.

jk.

These are mine.
5/5 STP - Needed for a PROPER 5 hit PLM and 6 hit GK
5/5 Med - I have considered putting these into Third Eye since I do tank a lot of stuff when I'm on SAM

5/5 Overwhelm - Gotta love this
2/5 Shiki - Good for preparation between HNM windows and longer fights.
3/5 Blade - Can save lives.