Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Sam Merit options
Sam Merit options
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-18 14:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot his Bushi skill+, I have him at 89.3 acc w/ Hasso. Not that it really helps.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-06-18 14:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Eikechi, I wouldn't say he is flaming you, just trying to give some advice on what you should work on to improve your SAM.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 14:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

no i didn't say Clin was, i was moreso referring to impending flame from others lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 14:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
You forgot his Bushi skill , I have him at 89.3 acc w/ Hasso. Not that it really helps.
Oh i see that, 292 just will full Great katana merits becuase i only assumed that. Still wont hit 95% accuracy maybe 89% roughly IF that.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 14:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*** i gotta run... i dont feel like doing 8 counts for being later than i already am...

hope that helped eikechi.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 14:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

and i would also like to know what clin's acc is WITHOUT pizza...because it doesn't seem like his build has too much more acc than mine

edit: but don't be late clin lol
edit2: and yes i do have 8/8 GK merits

edit3: and idk if his program mentioned this, but i have AF+1 kote, which have 7 dex (just to add a lil to my acc that may or may not be accounted for...)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 14:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

90.1% or something like that.

ok im leaving for real this time >_< *runs like a banshee*
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-18 14:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he tell you what his Rindo is augmented with?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-18 14:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 89, I added merits in too since your image had them. @Eikechi - You're 3STP off 6hit so you could get a Rose Strap, though you'd still be falling far behind a 6hit w/ Pole grip SAM. I don't really follow the logic of Zanshin merits if you're hitting accuracy cap (or even close to it, which you are).
 Cerberus.Nybras
Server: Cerberus
user: wyrmhole
By Cerberus.Nybras 2010-06-18 14:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot to add the 4 store tp from his boots.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

to be honest, i did those merits years ago, and didn't realize just how close i was to the acc cap with riceballs...honestly

edit: and ya seriously, was all the STP added in from ALL my gear? I mean I'm pretty sure I get enough tp per hit for 6 hit..i'll have to get in game and double check..
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 15:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if I'm close to hitting acc cap....isn't that WHEN people use meat (att food) over sushi/pizza? Kinda thought that was what I was doing there.... lol (I know I need Byakko's Haidate...but honestly I haven't had a sky LS in like many many years....I'd use um if I had um, and would like a sky LS, but I don't).
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 15:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Did he tell you what his Rindo is augmented with?

Store TP+7 Acc+6 WS Dmg+5% and yes I told him
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-18 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Clin is at 93.3 w/o food.

Yes I added all your STP gear. You have +18 total, on a 450 Delay weapon givng you 16.4 per hit. 16.4*6 = 98.4. You are 3STP short. (You'd also have to wear the same amount of STP on WS too, giving you less room to swap to a WS set, further lowering DMG.)

Yes you use attack when accuracy is capped or close to capped, but your choice of food is dependent on various slots that could otherwise sport Haste being wasted. You could throw a turban on, dusk gloves, Fuma, and hit 6Hit with your Rindo + STP merits. Your accuracy wouldn't drop much either.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 15:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

all items I have too, I just chose the riceball set up because I like what they do ><
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-18 15:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not popular, but I did 5/5 med and 5/5 Third Eye instead of sTP. I can still get a 6-hit on a GK, but only a 6-hit on a polearm. I don't have much haste besides my Blitzer, but HNMs bore me to tears so that suits me just fine. I have no windower, so can macro at most 2 pieces of gear in and out per WS. It's limiting, but I work with what I have and I pull hate a lot which is why I merited Third Eye in the first place.

The point of this post is just to is to answer the OP's question. 25 sec. Third Eye has saved my *** more times than I care to remember. I like to make myself a little more balanced rather than focus on all-out offense mostly because I find working in a team dynamic is a lot more fun. It's also why I like that SE seems to be trying to bring SC and MB back.

As for group 2, Overwhelm is the best thing you can get, even though it's a pain in the *** to try and get in front of something like a bird in a merit pt. As for the others, Blade Bash is probably next best, but even if you 5/5 it, you can only use it once every 5 mins. For a stun move, that's a long time.

Obviously there are a lot of people who disagree with me. If you actually want to have an intelligent discussion instead of calling me worthless, I'd be more than happy to do so.

There's been a lot of talk in the last few days about an ikishoten build. With the level cap coming, I've actually been pondering more on a /MNK setup focusing on a counter build. Obviously, you'd need the Mythic GK, but I submit it'd be far easier to get than a Nanatsusayanotachi. I'd actually like to hear thoughts on this if anyone would care to speculate.
 Cerberus.Nybras
By Cerberus.Nybras 2010-06-18 15:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an instant lift to your setup man. Very inexpensive and will put you at a 6 hit. You're still a bit short with your current setup. Still plenty of room for improvement. But this will be a big lift.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 15:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to comment on the rest, but Nanatsusaya will be vastly easier to get than mythic gkt before long. Even now you can merc it for far less than the alex cost of mythics alone, to say nothing about the hassle involved in getting everything else done.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 15:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have dusk, I have turban...and using nobushi's by themselves is just silly..might as well stack on the haste
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-18 15:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that's true, I forgot PW will be everyone's *** soon unless SE decides to buff him.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 15:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

PW is still strong as ***...how will it be THAT much easier with 5 levels?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 15:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
PW is still strong as ***...how will it be THAT much easier with 5 levels?
Not so much that PW will be super easy as the fact that mythic quests are really *** annoying and a huge timesink. A number of linkshells can already kill him, get it from them for half the price and far less time than a mythic...

Doesn't make either weapon good, but Nanatsusaya is easier to acquire even now and will only become more so at 80+.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 15:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just added up the straight acc+ I have in gears (not +dex) and I have +42, clin put my #s in as +37...how much of a diff would that make? (not counting hasso btw,just gear acc* edit lol)

edit2: I counted bushi as a straight+5 for the +5 skill (not sure if that is accurate or not though..but that could be what he missed i guess, idk)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-18 15:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I already posted your accuracy counting 297 skill. You have 297 + 37 accuracy.

Without Hasso: 86.8%
Without Hasso and Riceball: 85.3%
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 16:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

what's my acc with Hasso? I know that adds 10 but what does it add to overall %? and is that where the 89 is from you posted earlier when you said i was 3 STP off 6 hit?

edit: I guess my 6 hit was with askar body on...I had been messing around with that a lot lately, I guess I didn't recalc with hauby on
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-18 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
I have no windower, so can macro at most 2 pieces of gear in and out per WS.

What the hell are you talking about? You can swap 6 pieces easily per macro and more if you put swaps in a WS macro.
 Cerberus.Nybras
By Cerberus.Nybras 2010-06-18 16:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I have dusk, I have turban...and using nobushi's by themselves is just silly..might as well stack on the haste

Unless you want a 6 hit with your gear. Like I said your setup still has lots of work needed, but with this setup you'll still be 6 hit an have more haste. SOrry for the double post.
 Cerberus.Nybras
By Cerberus.Nybras 2010-06-18 16:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also note that I was adding a rose strap.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-18 16:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Fenrir.Shindo said:
I have no windower, so can macro at most 2 pieces of gear in and out per WS.
What the hell are you talking about? You can swap 6 pieces easily per macro and more if you put swaps in a WS macro.
Lol funny stuff I don't use windower either but have up to 10ish swaps on certain jobs. Yes its annoying because I physically have to hit 2 buttons instead of 1 and then another 2 buttons to swap back to TP gear..BUT ALAS IT CAN BE DONE!