Any Friendly/ Gay Ls'?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Any friendly/ gay ls'?
Any friendly/ gay ls'?
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Valefar
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-06-13 19:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to join a friendly or gay social ls (it's cool if you do events too), got tired of the leader of my old one, would purposefully use homophobic/derogatory slang to piss me off, would like a nicer ls TBH lol, so, please reply if you're in one/ know of one!
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=7923
Might be some Phoenix people in this thread.
I'm sure whatever linkshell they're in is cool with homosexuality, so PM dem suckaz.
By tingletaru 2010-06-13 20:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Starmie already posts in that thread :P
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-13 20:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Valefar said:
I'm looking to join a friendly or gay social ls (it's cool if you do events too), got tired of the leader of my old one, would purposefully use homophobic/derogatory slang to piss me off, would like a nicer ls TBH lol, so, please reply if you're in one/ know of one!

That LS Leader needs a player warning thread lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Settiesama
By Phoenix.Settiesama 2010-06-13 22:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit me up ingame if you're still looking for a shell. No matter where you go, there are immature people that will try and insult you.. So I can't promise that someone in the shell I'm in won't try and belittle you.. but generally we're nice and very helpful. :]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-06-13 22:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Valefar said:
I hardly ever see you on. I don't have an LBGT Friendly LS, but I do have a LBGT Friendly FriendList.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-13 23:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

tingletaru said:
Starmie already posts in that thread :P

My mistake then. I don't venture in there >.>
 Phoenix.Valefar
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-06-14 08:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
I hardly ever see you on. I don't have an LBGT Friendly LS, but I do have a LBGT Friendly FriendList.

Where do you live? I'm EST, but now with school being pretty much over, I'll have more time.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 18:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We do sky, if your interested too.
We don't judge over whatever your preferences are, not like your going to run up to someone and rape them or anything like that. It's irrelevant, hit me a /tell whenever.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 18:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know he was intentionally trying to piss you off?

I use homosexual slang all of the time.

"Thats gay" being one of them.

Most people understand that its not meant to be offensive, but for those that do, by all means leave. Also for those that can't take jokes involving gays, by all means leave. Don't let the shards from the shell hit you in the eye when I break it.

Hell if you get offended that easily, quit the game >.>
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-14 19:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Most people understand that its not meant to be offensive, but for those that do, by all means leave. Also for those that can't take jokes involving gays, by all means leave. Don't let the shards from the shell hit you in the eye when I break it.

Edit: ... *** it, you aren't even worth a reply.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 19:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Edit: ... *** it, you aren't even worth a reply.
lol
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-06-14 19:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure daleterrence is lookin for this kind of LS as well.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-14 19:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said:
im sure daleterrence is lookin for this kind of LS as well.

Yes, that was incredibly witty of you there. I apologize for being taken aback by how truly well thought out, and meaningful your reply was. It was so brilliant a 7 year old would of never seen that coming.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 19:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys I have long hair and a goatee. I like playing PS3 and I don't play 360. I want a linkshell with only long haired, goatee, PS3 players and if someone says something bad about long hair, facial hair or PS3s I'm going to leave b/c I'm sensative.

Really? Come on. I'm not trying to discriminate, but its like if you can't take jokes about something that you like, either 1) Don't like it 2) get a better attitude toward comedy. Learn to laugh a little.
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-14 19:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Guys I have long hair and a goatee. I like playing PS3 and I don't play 360. I want a linkshell with only long haired, goatee, PS3 players and if someone says something bad about long hair, facial hair or PS3s I'm going to leave b/c I'm sensative.

Really? Come on. I'm not trying to discriminate, but its like if you can't take jokes about something that you like, either 1) Don't like it 2) get a better attitude toward comedy. Learn to laugh a little.
You can't help liking something that you like, why should I have to change my preferences so others can be asshats? Theres some people who think they're funny, when they are just being raging twatwaffles and harassing others to amuse themselves. I know, I got kicked from a shell because I wouldn't let this one idiot harass and bully me, for his own amusement and I personally have a great attitude towards comedy.

I don't see anything wrong with looking for a more friendly or at least friendly towards your likes, kinda LS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 19:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so me and the leader of this LS mess around saying "***" and "dawg" and such. If someone asked us to stop, we would tone it down but not stop completely. For someone to change their life style and THEIR likes for you is just as wrong as you changing your likes for them.

SO would it be right for someone to say that I was harassing a "street" or African American person b/c I use such language? I understand that using the word "gay" around homosexuals CAN be offensive, but if you seriously get so offended by one person using words jokingly that you want to throw a hissy fit and leave, then MMOs are not for you. The internet itself is not for you. Especially for homosexuals, it can be...a little much but seriously, lighten up and stop being so tight *** about ***.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-14 20:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ok so me and the leader of this LS mess around saying "***" and "dawg" and such. If someone asked us to stop, we would tone it down but not stop completely. For someone to change their life style and THEIR likes for you is just as wrong as you changing your likes for them.

SO would it be right for someone to say that I was harassing a "street" or African American person b/c I use such language? I understand that using the word "gay" around homosexuals CAN be offensive, but if you seriously get so offended by one person using words jokingly that you want to throw a hissy fit and leave, then MMOs are not for you. The internet itself is not for you. Especially for homosexuals, it can be...a little much but seriously, lighten up and stop being so tight *** about ***.

I never said they had to change their likes to suit the other person, find a compromise to make both parties happy. I don't think its the gay comment that might've bugged him, personally when I've seen people get offended its because they're throwing around ***like ***/***, that bothers some people, maybe not everyone but some. Personally I don't care what people say, but if its bothering a friend, then I'll speak up, I've had people say some "hurtful" insults to me, that were just funny and not at all bothersome. And you can't always say that a person is saying something jokingly, just cause you and an LS mate do, doesn't mean everyone means it in a joking way.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 20:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, not everyone says it jokingly, but say...someone didn't know straight up that you were a homosexual...and u got a drop the person wanted and, meaning no harm, the person said "you're such a *** lol." Would it be ok for you to get extremely offended and blow up over it?
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-14 20:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Of course, not everyone says it jokingly, but say...someone didn't know straight up that you were a homosexual...and u got a drop the person wanted and, meaning no harm, the person said "you're such a *** lol." Would it be ok for you to get extremely offended and blow up over it?
No, in that case it wouldn't be, but we don't know the exact details for this issue, so its just safe to say there were problems and now hes looking for a different LS.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-14 20:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the thing:

I hear people all the time saying "if you get offended that easily, get off the internet."

That's ***. That only works if your social circle is basically limited exclusively to other gamers and /b/. And you never intend to rise above that level for the rest of your life.

'cuz you know what? You drop "***" or "***" or whatever even in jest on say... Facebook? Or somewhere connected to your real life identity? You will never be hired by any business with the tech chops to look you up again. Context be damned.

"But it was the intarwebs!" won't help, because shockingly, most of the online world outside of gamer circles does equate how you behave online with how you behave in real life.

If you think I'm joking, I'm not. I've seen dozens of very qualified applicants -- even in gaming jobs -- forever blacklisted from the entire industry via word of mouth of how they act online. Even though they never linked their online nicks to their RL identities in public. And even if their only crime was a habit of using "that's gay" derogatorily. Colleges are starting to do this too. Professional suicide via Twitter is becoming fairly common.

The internet is not a magical place without consequences. The line between RL and online is blurring more and more every day, often retroactively filling in details that point to your identity without your consent. And what you post online is there forever. Will you be proud trying to explain yourself 10 years from now?

(Edit: Wow, rereading that, I sound really condescending. I'm not trying to be. Sorry. Just sayin': be careful. Most of the world does not buy the argument that what gets said online is somehow privileged or immune.)
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 21:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Here's the thing:

I hear people all the time saying "if you get offended that easily, get off the internet."

That's ***. That only works if your social circle is basically limited exclusively to other gamers and /b/. And you never intend to rise above that level for the rest of your life.

'cuz you know what? You drop "***" or "***" or whatever even in jest on say... Facebook? Or somewhere connected to your real life identity? You will never be hired by any business with the tech chops to look you up again. Context be damned.

"But it was the intarwebs!" won't help, because shockingly, most of the online world outside of gamer circles does equate how you behave online with how you behave in real life.

If you think I'm joking, I'm not. I've seen dozens of very qualified applicants -- even in gaming jobs -- forever blacklisted from the entire industry via word of mouth of how they act online. Even though they never linked their online nicks to their RL identities in public. And even if their only crime was a habit of using "that's gay" derogatorily. Colleges are starting to do this too. Professional suicide via Twitter is becoming fairly common.

The internet is not a magical place without consequences. The line between RL and online is blurring more and more every day, often retroactively filling in details that point to your identity without your consent. And what you post online is there forever. Will you be proud trying to explain yourself 10 years from now?

(Edit: Wow, rereading that, I sound really condescending. I'm not trying to be. Sorry. Just sayin': be careful. Most of the world does not buy the argument that what gets said online is somehow privileged or immune.)

That's ga....Ganymede!

Truer than we all once thought!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-14 21:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Just sayin': be careful. Most of the world does not buy the argument that what gets said online is somehow privileged or immune.)

While I agree that you should be careful with what you put on Facebook etc, what you say in a game is a bit different.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Settiesama
By Phoenix.Settiesama 2010-06-14 22:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus. The guy just wants to find a LS that won't put him down, or say offensive things. What's wrong with that? No need to be going 'Oh you are too sensitive, grow some balls' or whatever.

If he's not comfortable with whom he was playing with before, he's a right to move on and find something better. He's paying to enjoy the game, not be insulted by immature ***. :]
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-06-14 22:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Going to echo this. Always up for meeting new folks. My Flist is LBGT-friendly as well.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2010-06-14 23:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats up with ffxiah forums and gays, did this board become some battlground for gay rights? Seems every time i decide to check up the forum threads i step upon some gay peep being all butt hurt over he said she said.

Are internet boards and video games like the new "it" for gays to take a stand for their beliefes or something? cuz i can assure you that 99% of internet ppl dont give a crap about what you got to say to make yourself feel better, at the very best you gonna get some pitty talk from someone and at the very worst some internet /b/adass living in his parents basement shitty comment.
 Fairy.Victoire
Server: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-06-15 00:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He said nothing about standing up for his beliefs. He said he wanted a nicer, gay friendly LS. If a straight person posted a thread that said "I'm looking for a friendlier LS" you'd have nothing to say because the vast majority of people won't judge you if you're straight. Let's not pretend we know how it feels to be a gay person unless y9ou are one. Not everyone likes gay people, or can tolerate them and all he was doing was trying to avoid a LS with those kind of people.

If you want to talk about why some people don't like gays or can't tolerate them thats a completely different topic and it's not worth wasting time on.
[+]
 Phoenix.Destrac
user: Destrac
By Phoenix.Destrac 2010-06-15 01:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

>>serbzook, you don't have to fool yourself. Its not that you "don't care," its actually that you do care: you resent gay topics showing up, you resent us being more visible, and you can't stand it. It ticks you off inside somehow, and bothers you enough to post about your sentiments in one of the only two topics on the forum. The OP doesn't need a pity talk. You need a pity talk, because I feel sorry for your situation. (and I just gave you one, no need to thank me.)

>>OP, don't hesitate to send me a /tell in game. Although I can't guarantee entry, my LS has a few gays and we all get along nicely.

[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-06-15 01:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how Serbzook thinks gay people aren't "internet people." I can assure you 9.9% of your 99% of "internet people" are gay and very much care about things like this.

I swear to god, some people click onto anything in the latest topics with the word "gay" in it like it's going to offer them some kind of opportunity to get upset themselves.
[+]
First Page 2