Haste vs. Accuracy Endgame
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-04 17:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Seem to miss my point. My point is not that ASA/Cobra harness is better than another piece. It's that you shouldn't go out of your way to obtain a piece of gear that's subpar to another available piece of gear. Rather than spend all that time campaigning or working on ASA missions, you should work on salvage/ACP missions for the better pieces.

For the record, I agree that ASA legs are better than Homam, and Cobra harness is better than various other pieces.

It's not that I miss the point. I just don't agree that doing ASA missions and Limbus/Campaign would prevent you from doing the ACP missions or salvage. And in all honesty Skadi legs could take quite some time to drop, I got lucky on mine but I know people after them for stupid amounts of time, so it may end up being a more time consuming option. I'd say it's more worthwhile to obtain the next best gear available instead of being gimp till you obtain the best pieces, in my opinion.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
TPing in 3% haste head... that has something to do with ***.

I believe 2% haste is worth giving up for 10acc/5atk on harder things. Of course, I keep the turban on me and have a separate tp setup for things where I don't need the acc.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 17:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Rapp Harness to Homam to ACP body. No reason to use the cobra harness.

I listed Rapparee in case you haven't realized. Not everybody goes for Mirke Hauby or has Homam Body. In any case, during the time leading up to the point you obtain the better pieces, you're going to be using fill-ins. That, sir, is where SH(+1) and Cobra Harness come in. Temporary pieces until you can get something better.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Bravo's subligar/Dusk trousers to Homam legs to Skadi legs.

I listed Bravo's. And guess what, ASA Legs > Homam Legs. Not everybody can procure skadi legs out of their *** within hitting level 75, it takes time. If you want to be gimp until then, be my guest.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
You're going to do an entire mini-expansion to get something you're going to replace anyways?

It's a mini-expasion, it doesn't take that long, QQ moar. Oh, and it's not like you can re-do the fight to exchange the augments for something else once you no longer need them. *sarcasm*

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Because Rappare Harness exist. And stop being so defensive. And don't start off your next response with 'lol'.
Right, because that's what I do majority of the time, because you definitely stalk me on these forums to see if I troll or not. Oh, and again, there are cases where you'd want ACC body over Rapparee.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
I'll never understand why people go out of their way and work for something that's subpar to the best.

Because until you can obtain the best, you're going to just not use a piece of equipment in that slot, right? Hai guyz, I don't has a Speed Belt, so I'm not going to use anything in my waist slot to make up for that.

PS: Your avatar is annoying.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 17:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Honestly, Virtuosus, the only thing I'm hearing from you is that you're ok with being gimp because it's easier. That's fair and all for you, but do avoid to give advice to others.

Oh, and just because you asked me not to:

lol.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 17:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
If I'm proven wrong, then that's all the better for me since I would have learned something I didn't know before. I'm still waiting to be proven wrong though.
Ah... from what I am seeing you have been. I don't even like / have leveled THF and what they are saying makes more sense than what you are.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-06-04 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What should I use, my friend. P.harpe/Blau is a respectable combo
Lost me there.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-04 17:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:

PS: Your avatar is annoying.
It moves so slow I thought My PC was glitching... or that I'm still drowsy from my slumber~
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 17:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
I use Pharpe whilst talking ***to people about their thf gear hurr durr
Ok

Oh, by the way Ihina, I don't use Cobra Harness. My THF is 43. And before you say it, my level has no bearing on the argument, I already obviously know how to gear a THF up better than you.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
I'm extremely anal about people playing my job correctly, if that's what you mean.

Why, because they do it better than you?

Edit: Messed up the second quote.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, for the third time, Mr.Tiger Woods
Quote:
I'll never understand why people go out of their way and work for something that's subpar to the best.

I don't know how many times I'll need to say that. Also:
Quote:
Well everything seems to be so easy to get. Why don't you have an X's knife?

First, I never said everything seems easy to get. That's even my point, to not put effort into getting something that's subpar and devote your time into getting the best. Second, see:
Quote:
Personally, I'm still working towards an X's knife (and a Mandau at the same time) and I'm going to be PISSED if they don't let us augment the X's knife somehow.

...albeit it's on another thread, but still.

Quote:
It's not that I miss the point. I just don't agree that doing ASA missions and Limbus/Campaign would prevent you from doing the ACP missions or salvage. And in all honesty Skadi legs could take quite some time to drop, I got lucky on mine but I know people after them for stupid amounts of time, so it may end up being a more time consuming option. I'd say it's more worthwhile to obtain the next best gear available instead of being gimp till you obtain the best pieces, in my opinion

I can respect that opinion. I just have a different opinion where I'd rather devote all of my time and resources into getting the best. Virtuosus seems rather persistent in arguing which opinion is better, which is kinda lolz. That's not what I'm here for.

And you guys complaining about the avatar should switch to firefox. It seems to only lag with IE.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 18:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Why do you have pharpe then?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You're not going to come up with another assumption? That's a surprise.

It dropped while I was helping friends get the b.kote.

Another another pair of those hands did drop that kill, so it was a good day. We needed like 5 pairs of those hands.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 18:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're lazy then?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 18:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:

You're not going to come up with another assumption? That's a surprise.
Nah, figured I'd let you explain the reason behind using a subpar dagger.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:

First, I never said everything seems easy to get. That's even my point, to not put effort into getting something that's subpar and devote your time into getting the best.

It's not about going out of your way, it's about having a temporary solution to not having the best. Think of it this way: Not everybody has money to buy a Chuchalain's Mantle. If you don't, you buy a Forager's. If you don't have money for a Forager's, you buy an Amemet Mantle +1. If you don't have money for that, you buy an NQ. This game is all about progression, you can't just synth up what piece of gear is best.

You're contradicting yourself, btw.

Quote:
" Personally, I'm still working towards an X's knife (and a Mandau at the same time) and I'm going to be PISSED if they don't let us augment the X's knife somehow.

...albeit it's on another thread, but still. "

So you use PHarp until you can obtain those right? Why bother going after sub-par gear instead of obtaining the best?

Contradictions taste good.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So you're lazy then?

Are you going to do anything in this thread besides throw in weak jabs from the sidelines?
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-04 18:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmfao starburst
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 18:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:
So you're lazy then?

Are you going to do anything in this thread besides throw in weak jabs from the sidelines?

Yeah, it's fun!

[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 18:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. My. God.
Video is win.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's not about going out of your way, it's about having a temporary solution to not having the best. Think of it this way: Not everybody has money to buy a Chuchalain's Mantle. If you don't, you buy a Forager's. If you don't have money for a Forager's, you buy an Amemet Mantle +1. If you don't have money for that, you buy an NQ. This game is all about progression, you can't just synth up what piece of gear is best.

We already all know you're content with being gimp because getting good gear is too hard. You don't have to repeat yourself.

What's more, gil is not a valid excuse to be gimp. If you don't have it, farm it. Get that Amemet mantle+1 so you can pass yourself off as decent, then farm until your brain rots until you have enough for the Cuchulain's mantle.

Quote:
So you use PHarp until you can obtain those right? Why bother going after sub-par gear instead of obtaining the best?

So what's subpar? X's knife or Mandau?

Btw, even though this place likes to regurgitate generic internet arguments without knowing how to use them...you should still like, tell me where I'm contradicting myself so I can tell you why you're wrong. Otherwise, you just come off as a coward who's content with getting away with saying whatever.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You ever stop and think that you use meme's and videos because outright saying it will make you sound silly and childish? You use them so you can avoid the hassle of an argument.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 18:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So what's subpar? X's knife or Mandau?
I'll go with the hidden option.
C. Pharpe
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
C. Pharpe

Except I didn't go out of my way to get the p.harpe.

You're not very good with context, are you.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 18:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
It's not about going out of your way, it's about having a temporary solution to not having the best.
Bismarck.Ihina said:
What's more, gil is not a valid excuse to be gimp. If you don't have it, farm it. Get that Amemet mantle +1 so you can pass yourself off as decent, then farm until your brain rots until you have enough for the Cuchulain's mantle.
Bismarck.Ihina said:
you should still like, tell me where I'm contradicting myself so I can tell you why you're wrong.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 18:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
You ever stop and think that you use meme's and videos because outright saying it will make you sound silly and childish? You use them so you can avoid the hassle of an argument.

Nah, it's just funny as hell.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 18:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:
C. Pharpe

Guess not, was just pointing out the subpar option
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 18:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

hai again guyz, y shud i bother using mkris or ridill for drk zerg, they r sub-par to da krakenz klub i can no afford
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 18:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:
C. Pharpe

How does this make it any less subpar?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. So you're trying to put words into my mouth and say I think the best course of action is to wear worthless gear until you can obtain the best.

Did you miss the part where I recommended

Bravo/Dusk trousers to Homam to Skadi?

Or

Rappare Harness to Homam body to ACP body?

You seem to have the simple case of having a distorted idea of what I'm trying to say. The most common reason for that is because you really want to win this internet argument so you're willing to believe what you want.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 18:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Guess not, was just pointing out the subpar option
Quote:
How does this make it any less subpar?

Context was more important in that case. The dagger was dropped on my lap, on par with Blau/Sirocco and I didn't have to worry about wind damage against certain mobs. Tell me you wouldn't have used it.

Quote:
hai again guyz, y shud i bother using mkris or ridill for drk zerg, they r sub-par to da krakenz klub i can no afford

That's not even relevant to this thread. Getting something and using something are two different things. Also, in this case, the Kraken club is a very extreme case so it'd be understandable not to want to pursue it. I don't know why you mentioned ridill though. M.Kris or go change to BRD. If you don't have that, BLM to d2 people when they're done.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 18:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So you're trying to put words into my mouth and say I think the best course of action is to wear worthless gear until you can obtain the best.

Well, you ARE using Pharpe, are you not?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16