Haste vs. Accuracy Endgame
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 09:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you can put say Accuracy+7 on it, which for certain jobs more so that can't use homan, a perfect TP piece.

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Quote:
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this guy is just being stupid and needs to grow up, accept, and drop it.
This is an incredibly ironic statement. To be blunt, the easiest way for this to stop is for everyone to stop. Not one side, not the other... Both. In reality, if anyone really wanted to see it stop, they'd be like "You know what.. The OP has more or less been answered, all I'm doing is bumping this up and prolonging the annoyance." It's really not that difficult... No really, it's not. :p The fact that it hasn't happened yet is probably the reason I continue to be incredibly entertained.
This is true, but sadly this will probably still go on for awhile. I will admit it was a blunt statement, but it was also a true statement, Tiger won't back down cause his math is right and he knows it. Not sure for Virt, and I'm in this cause he is causing misinformation and stupidity which irks me more than anything.

The fact that I don't bother much in this thread is cause of the math. But when he goes around and pulls things like the subpar gear thing at the start which caused all this then I have a reason to be posting. I personally tank in 'subpar' gear and yet I can do just as well if not better than any of the uberleet geared PLDs I have come across.

Honest opinon, this thread will only die when an Admin/Mod closes it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-07 09:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
lol, my bad I was thinking of byakko's.

Edit: looked up homam pants versus ASA augments... why is ASA better than?

Acc+7, more than homam have.
But, assuming you wanna use asa panta for something else, homam WOULD replace them.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-07 09:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is about THF right?
ACC+7 would be better then I would think.
I was thinking about WAR then PLD, continue then.

Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-07 09:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
This is about THF right?
ACC 7 would be better then I would think.
I was thinking sbout PLD, continue then.

Yeah, but if you got WHM or something, should get cure+5% pants if possible etc. Probably more useful augments than a few extra acc, but that depends on your jobs, ofcourse.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-06-07 09:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I`ve seen, on Asura at least is most people just stick haste and movement speed on the ASA legs and use Homam or w/e as an alternative TP peice. When I do finally get the ASA pants i`ll most likly get the mage ones, since the melee set makes you look like you ***yourself
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-07 09:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
This is true, but sadly this will probably still go on for awhile. I will admit it was a blunt statement, but it was also a true statement, Tiger won't back down cause his math is right and he knows it. Not sure for Virt, and I'm in this cause he is causing misinformation and stupidity which irks me more than anything.

The fact that I don't bother much in this thread is cause of the math. But when he goes around and pulls things like the subpar gear thing at the start which caused all this then I have a reason to be posting. I personally tank in 'subpar' gear and yet I can do just as well if not better than any of the uberleet geared PLDs I have come across.

Honest opinon, this thread will only die when an Admin/Mod closes it.

I admit that I haven't followed every page to the dot, but as I'm reading it, one side is on the standpoint of "Here's upgrades" while the other sits with "Don't waste time on small increment upgrades and go for the best." All of which comes down to personal preference and play style.

Jumping over to the Math aspect, I believe it was taken care of. This is assuming you're speaking of the Blau/Sirocco vs PHarpe/Blau. As was stated, paper and practice are pretty much separate, and it's purely situational with some preference mixed in.

Where I stand in this is pretty much as follows:

Minor increments are almost worthless to me, unless I know they will add up. This is why I don't purchase HQ gear very often. I'll sit around with 2 INT+4 rings and simply wait until a better option becomes available, especially when the money could be spent improving other slots. I understand the need to have decent gear, but sometimes the gains aren't major enough for me to give a damn.

Additionally, my time on THF was always spent main-handing a High-Damage/High Delay dagger. It was primarily personal preference, but there was some math (that I didn't do :p) involved.

I think that sums up most everything. Though there was one detail that seemed to be overlooked, but it could've been something I personally missed:

Ihina stated not to use the ASA pants with specific augments. If this wasn't completely overlooked, then ignore the last part.(I think I was gonna use mine for ACC+EVA for a tank set or something xD)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-07 09:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Minor increments are almost worthless to me, unless I know they will add up. This is why I don't purchase HQ gear very often. I'll sit around with 2 INT 4 rings and simply wait until a better option becomes available, especially when the money could be spent improving other slots. I understand the need to have decent gear, but sometimes the gains aren't major enough for me to give a damn.

BUT, when you HQ alot of your pieces, you get a big improvement, so it's worth it over time.
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-07 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
BUT, when you HQ alot of your pieces, you get a big improvement, so it's worth it over time.

I don't disagree. The opinion comes in to when it should happen.

Spending 1 Mil for +2 INT (Upgrades from Diamond to whatever the 500kish rings are) is, in my opinion, worthless. 2 INT isn't enough to make or break me, so I'd rather keep the cash. However, if I had enough money to upgrade several pieces that would add up, then I'd be more than happy to do it. In most cases, if there's a Rare/Exclusive drop that could fill the slot best, I'll wait for that. For example, I believe there is a new ring from a VNM that gives like +5-6INT and more. Instead of buying a 500k ring, I'd just wait for that.

My mere opinion, of course, but if it isn't going to make or break me, then I'd rather wait until I can make a sufficient upgrade.

I'm not sure if I'm speaking clearly, but does that make sense?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 10:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, though for the original gears in question that got brought up I dunno if that can stand true and I'm not going to bother with it.

Again, this is where I believe in the skill over gear bit, out of a PvP context~ still should have decent gears. Doing something like Kirin in PLD AF1 is not the best choice ><;

Anyhow I'll stop posting and help to let this die. Any other questions just PM them.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM:

BRD:

BLU:

THF (Lv. 50):

I realize there are plenty out-right noticable upgrades, and I'm working on them as I'm able to. Sure, I don't have Perdu/Kogg, but I worked on Kogg and I duo'd it for it and now I'm working on Assaults. Sure, I don't have a musical earring, but I don't use BRD enough to justify getting one unless it's to break a March tier. That, and I don't have the ABCs currently unless I head to Upper Jeuno and find a decent deal on them, because I'm not up for spending money on it for a job I don't use as much as my others when I could be using it to upgrade other slots for jobs I use more.

I don't care what you have to say, I don't mind if anybody ridicules my gear, I could *really* care less. I've been playing since 04, and this character is just a few months old. I've beaten CoP 3 times, twice pre-nerf, and this character beat CoP as a 69 rank 3 BLM. I fought BLM Maat in my Tamas Ring (which I ended up switching to Rajas once I picked up BLU).

Since then, I've done many a things to make money for all my gear, and applied my own skill to the game to be the best with what I could get my hands on. I'm in no end game shells now besides dyna/limbo/einh. I soloed my Zenith Mitts, I soloed my *** off doing sky and Baobhan Sith selling Cheviot Cloths for gil. I soloed most of my AF+1 that I have.

I have no Homam or Nashira, so I use what I can until then, the reason I have no ASA Legs on BLU is because I'm an old school player, and I just hate augments. I don't even currently own the add-ons, although I'm ready to give up pretty soon and buy them, and I'd probably get the Movement/Haste or Movement/PDT legs for my mage jobs (haste for RDM).

And I almost no AF2 besides the Sorc Coat I bought, and the lucky drops of the BLU Body/Legs I obtained. I only do Einh once a week and barely get enough ampoules for anything.

I'm currently working on putting together low man groups so I can obtain stuff such as Homam and become a better player (which wouldn't even be a fraction of the player I used to be. I had it all, Dalmy, Heralds, Novio, name it. I could give a *** less what anybody says about my gear as it is now, because this is a newer account.)

And before you say something about me only giving you one gear set for each job, I'm not about to list every possible gear set I have, because I use PDT/MDT for all my jobs, Enf, Dark, Fast Cast/Haste for Utsu, Ele, Head Butt, Big 3, Cannonball, Heat Breath, Firespit/Regurg, EoM, Singing/Wind Skill, Evasion Sets, Para/Slow Potency, 150 INT Elemental DoT Set, HMP, you name it. They might not be top notch, but this account is a whole 7 months old, and I don't have all the time in the world to be playing it either. I chigoe burned BLU and BRD up to 75 (I've played BRD before and this did not gimp me whatsoever, and even if I didn't, I'm not a retard and I have my own player skill.)

I'm an elitist/E-peen/whitebox syndrome kinda guy myself, I will buy HQ just because it looks nicer. But the difference between me and you is, you ridicule others gear, and I don't. I'm not going to stoop to your level.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-07 19:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Oh sorry I didn't ding 75 into Morrigan's and AF+1 last month >_< I feel so bad about myself now. How could I imagine ever leveling a job to 75 without already having completed endgame gear for it already! And what was I thinking when I stopped doing endgame seven jobs ago?! And how ridiculous! I must've been drunk when I passed all but two items that I was called to lot against someone else on because I cared more about other people being happy with themselves than myself. I forgot FFXI was all about being better than everyone else.

And why should I be in a rush to get Wizard's Gloves +1 if I don't do endgame? I must be totally missing something here.

And when did I insult your gear? I must've missed this...because I don't consider myself in any position to mock your gear, assuming I even looked at it (if I did, I don't actually remember any of it). If you read closely, you'll realize that many of these posts are mocking your attitude, not gear nor player skill (which I don't believe can be properly judged over forums anyway). And in fact, the only reason anyone pointed out your gear in the first place was not the gear itself--I highly doubt anyone would care about a random person using PHarpe/Blau whether it is or isn't worse than Blau/Sirocco--but rather because of your uncalled-for elitism in a very modest thread.

And yeah, I'd agree my THF is one of my sadder jobs, in fact probably the worst excluding WHM and SMN, which are both essentially naked. I sold several things, including Blau Dolch, to spend on my BLM instead and I'm waiting to see how the update pans out before I spend anymore gil. But no, I wouldn't say I'm generally gimp, I'm just nothing special. Does it make me a bad person to not be as badass as you ._.

In other words: You were right about everything about me as far as gear goes.

As far as your purpose in this topic, what is it again? You've kept up with this topic simply to mock me for my attitude? Is this how you imagine yourself spending your life? "Hey look, there's a guy who suggested something I didn't like over the net, I'm going to spend the next few days mocking him!" There's nothing elitist about what I initially said. I gave advice on how to use your time proficiently, showing how you can be the best you can be in the least amount of time possible. The aura of elitism didn't surface until what I said was horribly twisted and distorted. You all made it seem like I didn't have an Amemet Mantle+1 or a Sniper ring myself, once upon a time. I bet some of you are still hung up on the subpar thing out of your own misconception of what I was trying to convoy to begin with and your refusal to understand that that isn't what meant to begin with, no matter how many times I correct you. (This is what you call grasping at straws)
Quote:
To Iniha: All my item sets were made for other people's questions, and none of them are used by me. Way to assume ***though, I'm not going to argue anymore because now you've just started bragging and I could really give two shits less about how much your WHM cures for, I'd rather have a shitty WHM who isn't a total douchebag than you anyway.

Oh, you mean how all of you assume I use the p.harpe/blau full time? Hypocrite much? On that note, I don't hear people talking about daggers anymore. What's wrong? Have all of you given up. Looks that way, all I see are pathetic pokes at my attitude. Is the rest of this topic really going to be about incredibly arrogant I am when I admit to being arrogant from the start? Really? Talk about running out of fuel.

Do you honestly think I care if you don't want me for your WHM? Just do this for me. Think of me whenever your WHM tosses you a cure5 when you're in red hp as a blm and know that they don't have a clue how to play their job.

And you're not going to argue with me anymore? Well too bad for me then huh! Maybe after you age half a decade, you'll realize that we're not even arguing a point, you're just sitting there blasting insults at me. Once I started to retaliate, you finally realize you don't even deserve to stand in my shadow and decide to run away. Good riddance.
Quote:
Wait, he's bragging about WHM cures, and this 975 is his average? Serious question before I post another reply (looking for someone else to answer aside lolIniha)

I'm bragging about how I gear all my jobs incredibly well and not only is it incredibly foolish to talk down to any of them(besides my lolbrd), if you're going to take a swing at any of my jobs, you better be decked to the teeth yourself. k.

Quote:
Quote:
Bismarck.Iniha said:
Also, do.not.use.ASA.legs.with.3%haste.and.7acc.please.
Quote:
Bismarck.Iniha said:
Bravo's subligar/Dusk trousers to Homam legs to Skadi legs.

You're going to do an entire mini-expansion to get something you're going to replace anyways?
Quote:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
BTW, Homam pants don't replace ASA legs, but thanks for joining in on our conversation anyways.
Quote:
Bismark.Iniha said:
It would have been pretty childish to go back on your word again, huh? Once is plenty per topic.

What the hell are you talking about. Do you not even know the order it goes in? It goes

Bravo's subligar/Dusk Trousers > Homam legs > ASA legs > Skadi legs

So yes, what I said was entirely correct. Not only are you not half as geared as I am, you don't even understand basic fundamentals of the game. Looking at stats and comparing them is hard, huh? 0acc is better than 5acc? Really?

The only reason why you don't skip Homam legs is because you need them for Utsusemi recast.

No concept as to how to play the game, no gear to back it up either. Yup, sounds like you, alright.

Quote:
I can't even read his posts anymore. The sheer stupidity makes my head hurt.

Still lol. Seeing as this will now probably creep into WHMs too, our resident LS WHM has 180% potency and can break 1.2k Cure Vs, and she has every potency+ gear there is. So there, use your mighty math power and break that down for us.

If I have to I'll ask her to do testing and personally assist in it.

First of all, you're not going to cure fore 1.2k without lightsday/medicine ring/DS. Riding off someone else's achievement? Are you really that pathetic?

Quote:
Also why not just strip your BLM then and get that much close to your relic, might as well since you want to be teh 1773ist THF there is.

Because I like my BLM and I don't believe in gimping one job to buff another? What the hell do you think? Yes, I aspire to be the best THF I can be, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to sacrifice another job to do it.

All this, coming from a 75PLD with an evasion set, for god's sake. It's not even a half decent evasion setup, either. Dodge earrings, really?

Quote:
Edit: looked up homam pants versus ASA augments... why is ASA better than?

Because 5acc > 0acc.

Quote:
Tiger won't back down cause his math is right and he knows it. Not sure for Virt, and I'm in this cause he is causing misinformation and stupidity which irks me more than anything.

Tiger didn't even complete his math. Laphine had to do it for him. And if you haven't noticed, as of late, Tiger hasn't spent every post bashing me. He even brought up a point that I had to agree with. I have a bit more respect for him now than I did earlier in the thread.

Quote:

See? Didn't I call it? Some people are still going by the distorted version of my intention. No matter how many times I go back and correct people, tell them, "Hey, that's not what I said or meant at all, this is what I mean", some people still don't listen.

Also, you can tank things in 'subpar' gear better than 'uberleet' plds you've come across? Congratulations. We didn't already know that skill > gear.

Quote:
From what I`ve seen, on Asura at least is most people just stick haste and movement speed on the ASA legs and use Homam or w/e as an alternative TP peice.

As much as it irks me, I'll have to admit that I'm guilty of this myself. I thought it was dumb to combine utility piece with a movement piece, but in the end, one of my characters has cure potency+5/movement speed+8. Too bad for me, BRDs can't use gaiters, huh.

Quote:
When I do finally get the ASA pants i`ll most likly get the mage ones, since the melee set makes you look like you ***yourself

Prepare to be surprised. Or, learn to dat swap, it makes this game so much easier to look at.
Quote:
(I think I was gonna use mine for ACC+EVA for a tank set or something xD)

You know what really sucks it is that there aren't really any good evasion legs for THF, besides ravens, but that might not be the greatest idea outside of solo'ing. That's why on my ASA legs, I have Enm+4/hp+25/Evasion+7. You'll kill a tad slower, but you don't always use your evasion set for tanking, do you - you also use it for kiting/sac'ing. I've made it out of enough hairy situations with less than 25hp to know that they've proven their worth, though I can definitely see the benefit of +7acc.

Virtuosus:

1. I thought you weren't going to argue with me anymore

2. You're still not as well geared as I am.

3. Tell me you have a sorc ring. Please.

4. No one cares about BLU/BRD.

5. It's "I couldn't care less." Pet peeve of mine.

6. No one cares if you've done things nearly every other person in the game has done.

7. Every job in the game can solo Genbu with ease, even if some take longer than others. It's Genbu, for god's sake.

Although there is no basis to what I'm about to say, my intuition tells me you weren't a great a player as you're passing yourself off to be, simply because you listed doing missions and solo'ing Genbu as an achievement.

Quote:
I'm an elitist/E-peen/whitebox syndrome kinda guy myself, I will buy HQ just because it looks nicer.

Of course. I didn't spend 10m on heca hands/feet+1 because of the extra 2 str/dex. I probably don't need to tell you this, but when you look at your gear, you're not proud of the fact that you have all this good stuff. You're proud of the fact that you had the patience, the resources and the determination to go through of obtain those hard-to-get pieces.

Quote:
But the difference between me and you is, you ridicule others gear, and I don't. I'm not going to stoop to your level.

You mean how everyone was raving on my p.harpe the first 12 or so pages of this topic? And my Cuchulain's belt which is undeniably superior to a Warwolf's belt? It's ok for everyone to insult my gear all they want, but when I say something about their gear, I'm a mean, mean person? Really?

PS: 11k characters.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-07 19:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW, 180% Cure potency off a normal set is impossible to reach. The only cure potency piece I don't have is the Fylgja Torque +1 and I'm sitting at +40% cure potency. +50% if I proc my medicine ring.

Actually, +180% Cure potency is impossible to get. Period. There isn't enough gear available at the moment. Thanks for pulling numbers out of your behind.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 20:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Iniha said:
What the hell are you talking about. Do you not even know the order it goes in? It goes
Bravo's subligar/Dusk Trousers > Homam legs > ASA legs > Skadi legs

I didn't even say anything, I quoted 4 posts throughout this thread, you obviously missed the purpose so I'm not going to explain it.

Quote:
Not only are you not half as geared as I am

You're a retard, did you even read what I wrote in my post? This character is about 7 months old, sorry I'm not decked out to compare to your gear. Not to mention I had all the good gear on an old char. But nah, it's cool. I should have everything.

Quote:
No concept as to how to play the game, no gear to back it up either. Yup, sounds like you, alright.

Yeah, because you know me so well.

Quote:
Virtuosus:

1. I thought you weren't going to argue with me anymore

2. You're still not as well geared as I am.

3. Tell me you have a sorc ring. Please.

4. No one cares about BLU/BRD.

5. It's "I couldn't care less." Pet peeve of mine.

6. No one cares if you've done things nearly every other person in the game has done.

7. Every job in the game can solo Genbu with ease, even if some take longer than others. It's Genbu, for god's sake.

1: I changed my mind, because I can.

2: I could care less, really if you read anything I've said, I just told you this character is but a few months old. I'd like to see how well geared you were 7 months after making your character.

3: I don't. I'm not ready to spend gil on a ring that might suck come level cap time, pending on race/amount of HP needed to proc/etc. Maybe a year ago I would have one, sure. Oh wait, that's right, I had one on my old character.

4: Now you're just being an ignorant PoS.

6: Okay.

7: I wasn't listing my accomplishments, way to go.

Quote:
Although there is no basis to what I'm about to say, my intuition tells me you weren't a great a player as you're passing yourself off to be, simply because you listed doing missions and solo'ing Genbu as an achievement.

I did not list them as achievements, I listed what I've done to gear myself up on my current character in the past few months that I've had it. Those are not accomplishments, that was a list of what I've done for myself gear-wise so far. I'm not the type to brag, because there's nothing to brag about, I haven't done anything special in this game that nobody has ever done. The best I've done is soloed Faust and Rapido, and I have tanked Khimmy. Nothing special. Nothing to brag abut, and nothing that I'm bragging about. Learn to decipher my posts better next time though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 20:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All of this took a hell of a lot of time and I didn't get this far by jumping every small increment along the way.

Oh my bad, I shouldn't use the "my character is relatively new" card. Sorry, I forgot when I made this character, I checked the boxes next to "Morrigan's", "Novio", "Sorc Ring", "Herald Gaiters", "10,000,000 gil". No, I've been working on this char for 7 months and it's been a work in progress ever since. This game is all about progression, learn it, live it, love it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-07 20:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

suggesting flame core. This has just become a flame war.

You're both HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE putting this much work into a time sink.

(gearing fair enough, but arguing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***like this is stupidity.)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 20:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
suggesting flame core. This has just become a flame war.

You're both HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE putting this much work into a time sink.

(gearing fair enough, but arguing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***like this is stupidity.)

Nah, after I just scrolled up and saw how long the posts have become talking about utter ***, I'm done arguing and going to say it was pointless, albeit it did keep me pretty occupied throughout my boredom in the past two days or so. I'll let Iniha "win" in their mind, don't want to become "obsessed" with a silly little thread as he said.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-08 04:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I didn't even say anything, I quoted 4 posts throughout this thread, you obviously missed the purpose so I'm not going to explain it.

Oh, my lost then, huh.

By the way, ever read a book before? Going back on your word means that you'll do something and then at a later time, you decide not doing. It does not mean saying something that conflicts with something you said earlier. There are proper ways to use phrases, you know.

Anyways, the fourth quote implies that somewhere in the first three quotes, I went back on my word. The third quote states that I don't believe Homam legs replace ASA legs. Put these two together and logically, that would mean that you believe some time earlier, I stated that Homam legs do replace ASA legs. The only thing I see in the first two quotes is you not knowing where ASA legs go in the transitional order from decent to best.

If I'm wrong, why not call me out on it? Knowing you, you'd love to take every opportunity to make me look bad and make you look good, right? Why so timid all of a sudden?

Quote:
You're a retard, did you even read what I wrote in my post? This character is about 7 months old, sorry I'm not decked out to compare to your gear. Not to mention I had all the good gear on an old char. But nah, it's cool. I should have everything.

If you think you should have everything, then those are your words, not mine. Lets not have this be one of those times where you put words in my mouth. I don't have everything, but even if I did, I can't expect other people to measure up either.

What I can expect, though, is that if you're going to comment on me as a player, you better be sure you, at the very least, measure up. And I mean the player you are now, not the player you were years ago. And stop using time as an excuse. You have the time; you've had the time to keep up with me throughout this thread. You can't spend all this time flaming some random person over this forum over a nonsensical issue, then turn around and say 'Oh, I don't have the time to gear myself properly'. I wonder why. Sounds to me like you need to manage your time more efficiently and sort out your priorities.

Quote:
Yeah, because you know me so well.

I comment based on what I see from your posts. You could be the smartest FFXI player in the history of the game, if you make dumb statements, I'll think you're dumb.

What is it with you and this idea that you think people owe you something(respect) base on something that isn't even relevant(the past, who you are away from the forum)?

Quote:
3: I don't. I'm not ready to spend gil on a ring that might suck come level cap time, pending on race/amount of HP needed to proc/etc. Maybe a year ago I would have one, sure. Oh wait, that's right, I had one on my old character.

I'm confused here. The sorc ring ...a <b>10MAB</b> ring ... might suck... pending on race/amount of HP needed to proc... My only conclusion is that you don't know how to swap in -hp gear before switching to your main nuke set.

There are a lot of things I can't fathom in this world and right now, the thing I can't fathom most is how you could have had this supposedly incredibly well-geared BLM back then, and now think that the sorc ring, the ring-slot equivalent of a relic, isn't worth getting because it might be hard to proc it. To put things in a bit of perspective, the next best thing, the Galdr ring, something that's incredibly difficult to get and highly desired by all BLMs, has 6INT/1MAB...which roughly translates to 4MAB, as well as all the goodies from having extra INT.

Quote:
4: Now you're just being an ignorant PoS.

I'll say it again, no one cares how well your BLU and BRD are geared.

Quote:
I did not list them as achievements, I listed what I've done to gear myself up on my current character in the past few months that I've had it.

Oh I see. So why did you beat CoP three times on your current character?

It's because you did not beat CoP three times on your current character. You were listing your achievements in the game and now you're just trying to weasel out of it after acknowledging the fact that I am correct when I said they aren't achievements which ultimately makes your meaningless rant about how great a player you are/were pointless.

Quote:
Oh my bad, I shouldn't use the "my character is relatively new" card. Sorry, I forgot when I made this character, I checked the boxes next to "Morrigan's", "Novio", "Sorc Ring", "Herald Gaiters", "10,000,000 gil". No, I've been working on this char for 7 months and it's been a work in progress ever since. This game is all about progression, learn it, live it, love it.

And yet, here you are, arguing with me over the internet. Are you going to sit there and tell me that if you log on right now, at that exact moment, there's nothing you can do to further improve your character? Or is it in fact that you find trading words with me more fun? Or maybe you don't feel like playing, time to relax and continue with the flame war you threw yourself in a couple days ago, huh?

Quote:
Nah, after I just scrolled up and saw how long the posts have become talking about utter ***, I'm done arguing and going to say it was pointless, albeit it did keep me pretty occupied throughout my boredom in the past two days or so. I'll let Iniha "win" in their mind, don't want to become "obsessed" with a silly little thread as he said.

This is a fun paragraph. Let's break it down.
Quote:
I'm done arguing

I've heard that before. Probably not going to keep your word around this time, either. Even if I could feel your posts being more and more hesitant with every post, you're too hard-headed to walk away so early.
Quote:
albeit it did keep me pretty occupied throughout my boredom in the past two days or so.

I'm sure that if you put your mind to it, you could have found something else to occupy your time with other than spending your time in this thread with me.
Quote:
I'll let Iniha "win" in their mind

Thanks, but no thanks. You have far from what it takes to grant me such a thing.

But before you completely bow out of this thread as so many have before you, I honestly would love to hear your rationalization of the sorc ring. It's not like it's hard to obtain enough convert/minus hp gear to proc it as a taru BLM. Do you know you don't have to actually nuke in it, yes?

PS. 6.3k characters
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 04:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quality over quantity.

You're repeating the same argument.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-08 05:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"a ring that might suck come level cap time, pending on race/amount of HP needed to proc/etc"

His rationalization is the unsurety of the upcoming updates, not any current difficulty to proc latent. Come level 99, people might need an unreasonable amount of gear just to activate the ring. It will just depend on how much HP will be increased and if they'll introduce higher -HP gear. It's a reasonable concern that I've heard from people, but I don't expect level 99 will give so much HP that it will render it impossible--just a tad bothersome given that BLM is already generally low on free inventory space.

In any case, it's likely price will drop when maintaining the ring at higher levels ends up costing more and more, both in terms of gil and/or inventory. So waiting really isn't a bad idea (I'm doing it with some items, and intended to sell just about everything I have, but it's pretty much too late now as the market's rather flooded by people doing the same thing).
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-08 06:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
"a ring that might suck come level cap time, pending on race/amount of HP needed to proc/etc"

His rationalization is the unsurety of the upcoming updates, not any current difficulty to proc latent. Come level 99, people might need an unreasonable amount of gear just to activate the ring. It will just depend on how much HP will be increased and if they'll introduce higher -HP gear. It's a reasonable concern that I've heard from people, but I don't expect level 99 will give so much HP that it will render it impossible--just a tad bothersome given that BLM is already generally low on free inventory space.

In any case, it's likely price will drop when maintaining the ring at higher levels ends up costing more and more, both in terms of gil and/or inventory. So waiting really isn't a bad idea (I'm doing it with some items, and intended to sell just about everything I have, but it's pretty much too late now as the market's rather flooded by people doing the same thing).

Not reading 20 pages of them arguing but I guess at some point sorc was mentioned and made u comment this? I personally sold mine about amonth ago before the rush, ironically though, at least on my server it seems to have went UP. Price will drop when 99 cap hits regardless of weather it will be useful still or useless. At that point i'll have made profit and can just buy it back cheap.

I'm a galka and already use almost full zenith to reach my >75%. I'll wait and see what gear they have before I buy it back. I also do not still use blm much anymore. If I did I prolly would have just kept it and lost the chance to make profit.

Considering they may release better rings or almost-as-good rings at 75 letting you keep your full HP, sorc may become just a 50-75 leveling ring for ppl who want to spend the gil. It's not unreasonable.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-08 07:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You don't know what an argument is, do you.

Anyways. I don't really think we'd gain too much hp in the next 25 levels. Being a Mithra BLM ...

50 -> 55 = 76 gain
55 -> 60 = 79 gain
60 -> 65 = 41 gain
65 -> 70 = 44 gain
70 -> 75 = 41 gain

50 -> 75 = 281 gain

Seems like our HP gain slows down after 60. Assuming the best, which means our HP gain per level stays consistent and doesn't take another dip, proc'ing the sorc ring would only require an extra -71hp in gear for a Mithra. For a taru, so it'll be even less - around 60 at most. Seems to me like this concern is a bit unfounded.

To put things into perspective:

A tarutaru blm/rdm has 530hp at lv50 and 772hp at lv75. At best, a tarutaru blm/rdm will only have 1012 at lv99.

At lv75, a Galka blm/rdm has 1180hp.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-08 07:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:

You don't know what an argument is, do you.

Anyways. I don't really think we'd gain too much hp in the next 25 levels. Being a Mithra BLM ...

50 -> 55 = 76 gain
55 -> 60 = 79 gain
60 -> 65 = 41 gain
65 -> 70 = 44 gain
70 -> 75 = 41 gain

50 -> 75 = 281 gain

Seems like our HP gain slows down after 60. Assuming the best, which means our HP gain per level stays consistent and doesn't take another dip, proc'ing the sorc ring would only require an extra -71hp in gear for a Mithra. For a taru, so it'll be even less - around 60 at most. Seems to me like this concern is a bit unfounded.

To put things into perspective:

A tarutaru blm/rdm has 530hp at lv50 and 772hp at lv75. At best, a tarutaru blm/rdm will only have 1012 at lv99.

At lv75, a Galka blm/rdm has 1180hp.

Assumptions based on previous settings, not bad for a troll and/or moron. I'm not going to have any form of conversation with you though after seeing your previous ignorant posts regardless of whether they will be better or worse.

The only thing I will say since you didn't open with an utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement is a galka already uses nearly full zenith, serket, morgana's choker ect. to reach 75% as is, another 100+ will destroy my sets w/o them adding more -hp gear. Better to sell now and buy back at equal or lesser price later after everything has settled. Assuming gets no one anywhere.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-08 07:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's completely reasonable to believe SE would increase the hp/level gain then after decreasing it after lv60.

Anyways, almost full zenith gear, right? I'll assume 3/5, that's 150hp. M.choker, 40. Let's be cheap from here on out. Ether ring, 30. Wirve's hairpin, 20. Errant feet, 20. Black cotehardie, 25. Random elemental grip, 20. That's 305, how much hp do you have again? I won't even mention Ixion cape, since it's a tad more expensive and many BLMs have turned to the new Hecate's Cape. And of course, there are many, many more pieces of available gear to bring your HP down.

If you follow the logic that SE won't suddenly boost the hp gain/level after 75, you'll only need another -82hp in gear. You're gonna tell me you can't handle 2-3 more pieces of gear to your inventory? You aren't nuking in -hp gear, are you?

By the way, a troll is someone who posts solely for the sake of annoying another. It's not a random word you use to label people you don't like. It's kind of hard for me to troll you if I wasn't talking to you from the start.

PS. *whether

Don't worry, it's a common mistake.

Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-06-08 07:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to report this, this is as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as someone typing 6.3k character posts
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-06-08 08:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been reported, hopefully this thing can just end pretty soon
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-06-08 08:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol 15 pages, and I think this stopped being about THF on page 5
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 08:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
Im going to report this, this is as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as someone typing 6.3k character posts
lol'd. Would be funny to see something happen now.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-08 08:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad. I should just quote single sentences, call them a mean name and call it a day.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-08 08:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

P.S. *convey, not convoy
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-08 08:41:58