March And Minuet, Or March X2 For Merit Birds?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » March and Minuet, or March x2 for merit birds?
March and Minuet, or March x2 for merit birds?
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-29 02:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Each party is different, you have many factors such as; DD merits, gears, weapon, your minuets merits etc.

What I usually do when pulling on brd, is pop up exp watcher, check the exp per our and try different combinations, marchx2, march/minuet, minuet/madrigal, minuetx2, march/madrigal. and compare exp per hour see what's best, if your DDs are poor marchesx2 doesn't always win. specially pick up meripos.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-29 02:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
DNC shouldn't help pull. They shouldn't be TPing in a ranged item, and they need to engage the mob full time for them to be a benefit. :/
+1'd
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-29 02:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Each party is different, you have many factors such as; DD merits, gears, weapon, your minuets merits etc.

What I usually do when pulling on brd, is pop up exp watcher, check the exp per our and try different combinations, marchx2, march/minuet, minuet/madrigal, minuetx2, march/madrigal. and compare exp per hour see what's best, if your DDs are poor marchesx2 doesn't always win. specially pick up meripos.
If you're in that situation, you should promptly rep yourself
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-29 02:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
DNC shouldn't help pull. They shouldn't be TPing in a ranged item, and they need to engage the mob full time for them to be a benefit. :/
1'd
ditto, i'd love to try a meripo with BRD/DNC/DDs/RDM. with a capped haste samba merits.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-29 03:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As DRG I usually prefer Minuet+March, but if all your DD are expertly geared, and your DRG are eating attack food and your polearm SAMs are eating Crab Sushi then I'd imagine double March puts out the better exp.
By Thandar 2010-05-29 17:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'd be interested in seeing said LS member's math <_<

Meh, I just went with what was said, Idc, I've seen more then enough here to know what to do.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-29 17:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
As DRG I usually prefer Minuet March, but if all your DD are expertly geared, and your DRG are eating attack food and your polearm SAMs are eating Crab Sushi then I'd imagine double March puts out the better exp.
Doesn't take expert gear at all, especially in the high-buff situation that is a good meripo.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-03 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i've had a crazy pt b4 that had 3 wars 2 brds and a rdm , we had to keep getting a new rdm cause they would complain about the crazy pulling but i never got so much xp in my life than that pt. it would be double march and double minnuet.