Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-12-20 11:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Versus XIII has to be released, they've spent too much money on it not to
that's why they would liquidate assets and put it towards another FF game.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-12-20 11:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Never understood why so much stock is being put on Versus XIII. Can anyone help me out?
my thought is because people wanted to like FF13, but didn't, so "VS" is a second chance at getting that. Also, because the game is never going to come out, and there isn't alot of info out about it, they can just keep hyping it in their mind and make it seem like the best game ever, even though it's done nothing to deserve that title.

Also flashy well done CGI Trailers.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-20 11:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me a proper Final Fantasy Tactics sequel already, SE.

You know, one more along the lines of Tactics Ogre with a serious storyline and not ***about kids, a magic book, some kid in a wheelchair and snowballs.

More Tactics Ogre games as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-12-20 11:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Avitori said: »
Still waiting on versus 13...
it's Vaporware, just accept it.

best case at this point is that assets will be taken and put into FF15, but I highly doubt that 13VS will ever see the light of day...

Also with how much everyone pans FF13 it always shocks me why people hold onto this game with such high hopes, to me it looks exactally FF13 but with 'Advent Childrens' Metal and Leather fetish going on

I think most of us who are fans of FF still want a good game, and as silly as judging from trailers is, ffv13 looked a lot more promising. Even before they came out hardly anyone seemed as excited for 13 as they were for versus.

Give me a proper Final Fantasy Tactics sequel already, SE.

You know, one more along the lines of Tactics Ogre with a serious storyline and not ***about kids, a magic book, some kid in a wheelchair and snowballs.

More Tactics Ogre games as well.

Also, A classic front mission game while we're at it!
 Lakshmi.Alryc
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-12-20 11:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a Vagrant Story follow up. SE has so many games that actually deserve sequels but are never made.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-12-20 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
That's not what I meant. I meant instead of putting the FF label on a planned trilogy, just make it an original series from the get go. You're thinking I mean FFXIII starring Lightning followed by FFXIV starring Lightning again.

But even if they didn't realize it was going to be a hit and only later on decided it would be a good move to release sequels, it's still kind of annoying.

I'm all for continuations and spin off series if it's handled like Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus where it does not impede new FF entries.

I know it's not what they'll do because there's probably more money in just building off the FF name but imo, the old ways of releasing FF games was just more fun from a consumer standpoint.
It isn't impeding the release of new games. XIV and Versus XIII are both being developed at the same time. XI has an expansion being worked on. Just because SE hasn't said it, doesn't mean XV isn't in the works. We weren't told of XIII or Versus until they had some groundwork done.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-20 12:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a Vagrant Story follow up. SE has so many games that actually deserve sequels but are never made.

I don't what's wrong with them. Do they think that a proper followup to Vagrant Story wouldn't sell? It was a survival horror game with elements of an RPG, sounds good on paper to me.

Tactics Ogre has so much left untold and though the main guy is no longer with SE, get some fresh faces on the series already. You could even throw some new coats of paint on a typically slow-paced genre of game - it won't pull in the CoD crowd but is that really SEs target market in the first place?

Jeez, I'm just frustrated with SE. They don't seem to know their base anymore, they refuse to revive good titles that made them who they are and have been lagging behind the pack for years now. A Balthier/Fran buddy cop spinoff series sounds more interesting than another FFXIII title.

I've probably just outgrown the company but jeez at this rate I'll be seeing a Final Fantasy XV is a FPS with RPG elements a la Mass Effect.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-20 12:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

versus reminds me of that mario 120 game that never came out (ended up being scrapped and turned into pikman or wtf its called).

13 was worth a sequel but 13-2 doesnt do a good job of that story wise atm, but i have hope and believe its possible 13-3 can make it all worthwhile, if not 13 was far better off w/o 2 follow ups.

also, here is a better scan:

Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-12-20 12:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish SE would hit us with another valkyrie profile or star ocean game :(
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-12-20 12:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Cardinalgate said: »
i wish SE would hit us with another valkyrie profile or star ocean game :(
At least Star Ocean! And I wholeheartedly agree with Sparthosx on a sequel to FFT.. A real one that takes place years after the first one.. maybe with the children of the main characters taking over and going on their own convoluted quest?

Btw, I just picked up Crimson Shroud for the 3DS.. only a few hours into it and it's a short game to begin with.. but if you like old school D&D text games you'll love it! Definately worth the 8 bucks I paid. :D

As for 13.. I ended that ***right at the end of the game when I realized every regular battle was going to be a boss battle.. I mean there is difficulty, and then there is LOLLOOKATYOUGOATIT difficulty.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-12-20 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tri-Ace makes those games, not SE. They just publish them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-20 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »

As for 13.. I ended that ***right at the end of the game when I realized every regular battle was going to be a boss battle.. I mean there is difficulty, and then there is LOLLOOKATYOUGOATIT difficulty.

Learn the battle systen! ^^

Each normal battle should last under 30-40 seconds, even at the beginning~

Bosses, maybe 2-4 minutes.

:P
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-12-20 12:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You were doing something wrong then... there were only a few regular battles you needed a pulse to win.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-20 12:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've probably just outgrown the company but jeez at this rate I'll be seeing a Final Fantasy XV is a FPS with RPG elements a la Mass Effect.

Dirge of Cerberus says hello.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-20 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We try to forget that Devil May Cry knockoff.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-20 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What the *** is up with her costume? God I hate this franchise so much.

So don't invest in it? *shrug*. I think her costume looks odd, but I wouldn't not buy the game as a result. Not trying to sound like a douche, and if you take this that way, I'm sorry. Just sayin' that your comment won't change the final build of the game or anything >_<.

If you do sound like one it's only because the other person never mentioned they planned to buy the game or that the costume was the deciding factor for them disliking the game. But, I'm not trying to sound like a douche by pointing that out.

Then why even complain if you never planned on buying it at all? Seems rather pointless to me.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-12-20 12:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

That's a bit of a streatch to make a comparison... the RPG elements of DoC could pritty much be ignored except for upgrading your weapon and ME offered alot more on the rpg frount. That said DoC was fun as hell on a no weapon/acc upgrade challange with manual aim only XD
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-20 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

That's a bit of a streatch to make a comparison... the RPG elements of DoC could pritty much be ignored except for upgrading your weapon and ME offered alot more on the rpg frount. That said DoC was fun as hell on a no weapon/acc upgrade challange with manual aim only XD

I still have my copy and the guide! I bust it out every now and then, still a good game. I thought Vincent deserved some spotlight~ One of the few shooter games I actually like, another one being RAGE.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-20 13:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually amusing Vincent got his own game when he was technically a "secret" character in FFVII.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-12-20 13:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Learn the battle systen! ^^

Each normal battle should last under 30-40 seconds, even at the beginning~

Bosses, maybe 2-4 minutes.

:P
Asura.Ina said: »
You were doing something wrong then... there were only a few regular battles you needed a pulse to win.

Well if I was doing something wrong how did I get to the end of the game..?

The point I was making was that the system graded on me after a while to not even finish the game and trade it in, like a lot of other people.

Don't fanboy me about "OH YOU CAN'T PLAY THE GAME LOLZ".

Effort put in towards leveling and what you got.. wasn't worth it to finish the story for me. Point blank. As with several others it seemed like.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-12-20 14:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What the *** is up with her costume? God I hate this franchise so much.

So don't invest in it? *shrug*. I think her costume looks odd, but I wouldn't not buy the game as a result. Not trying to sound like a douche, and if you take this that way, I'm sorry. Just sayin' that your comment won't change the final build of the game or anything >_<.

If you do sound like one it's only because the other person never mentioned they planned to buy the game or that the costume was the deciding factor for them disliking the game. But, I'm not trying to sound like a douche by pointing that out.

Then why even complain if you never planned on buying it at all? Seems rather pointless to me.

I imagine that since this is a final fantasy site maybe they have some sort of interest in SE and their games. Despite what you said previously complaining and expressing your opinion does get back to publishers in some form or another, it is after all why 13-2 wasn't as linear as the original and why dark souls got a pc release. I just thought your comment was unwarranted in regards to what he actually said.

It's actually amusing Vincent got his own game when he was technically a "secret" character in FFVII.

Well I just assumed it was a "secret" game too, and that's why nobody played it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-12-20 14:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It sold like 1½ million copies though
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-20 15:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yea like when it 1st came out, idk if u ment it in a negative way, but it has sold more than just that, 1.5 is prolly xbox alone. it did well enough to contribute in a big way to SE turning a profit this year despite 14 still being a money sink.

Edit:
ps3
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49773/final-fantasy-xiii-2/

xbox
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49774/final-fantasy-xiii-2/

not even counting the tons of DLC 13-2 had. that being said 13-1 still sold a lot more, but at the end of the day 13-2's numbers are still very strong that even if the decline from 13-2 to 13-3 is about the same as 13-1 to 13-2, it will still be considered a success~

i havnt done much research but i have seen quite a few video game studios being closed in the last year or so, some even after well received games. support and enjoy SE while they still here, even if they not what they used to be to you, a few more shitty games and a 14 fail could possibly turn em to sega, a company that once launched the dreamcast, or possibly worse.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-12-20 17:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably wouldn't hate 13 as much as I do if there were other jrpgs to play this generation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-21 00:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I sense a little of Mirror's Edge in the design.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-12-21 02:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I played through XIII until I was able to control who was in the party. That's when it got exciting--in terms of battle stuffs. But then my friend decided to take back his PS3. At the time, I was all right with the story; there's a lot to take in and it felt like MY FEEBLE HUMAN BRAIN COULDN'T COMPREHEND.

...So I went out and got it on 360 and after watching the cutscenes again, it made a whole lot more sense. The characters' actions were understandable, considering their circumstances (inb4 SE brainwash). ...Though I still thought Snow was the Final Fantasy equivalent of my friend that gives himself much more credit than he deserves.

I try to enjoy the game as a stand-alone game rather than sitting down with it for the first time, thinking, "Okay, SE. This better be moar awesome than VII; after all, XIII is a higher number than VII. c:"

The only thing I didn't like that I can remember is
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-12-21 05:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »

yea like when it 1st came out, idk if u ment it in a negative way, but it has sold more than just that, 1.5 is prolly xbox alone. it did well enough to contribute in a big way to SE turning a profit this year despite 14 still being a money sink.

Edit:
ps3
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49773/final-fantasy-xiii-2/

xbox
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49774/final-fantasy-xiii-2/

not even counting the tons of DLC 13-2 had. that being said 13-1 still sold a lot more, but at the end of the day 13-2's numbers are still very strong that even if the decline from 13-2 to 13-3 is about the same as 13-1 to 13-2, it will still be considered a success~

i havnt done much research but i have seen quite a few video game studios being closed in the last year or so, some even after well received games. support and enjoy SE while they still here, even if they not what they used to be to you, a few more shitty games and a 14 fail could possibly turn em to sega, a company that once launched the dreamcast, or possibly worse.

Dude I obviously meant Dirge of Cerberus
 Valefor.Surivere
By Valefor.Surivere 2012-12-21 05:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated XIII mostly because of Vanille's voice. I bought it, so SE got their money, but barely played it. After something like 11 chapters of tutorial i was like "f*ck it".

Recently bought XIII-2 for $10 bucks somewhere on a sale, it still has the dreadfully stupid constant-switching combat system, but the game itself looks interesting with all the diffirent area's opening up. Again, i've not played it much since the first one left such a bad taste in my mouth, but combat aside, it seems very interesting.
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2012-12-21 07:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even get a chance to play 13-2 yet, is it really that bad? (No huge spoilers please) D:
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25