FFXIII: Lightning Returns
First Page 2 3 4 ... 23 24 25
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-20 03:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well battle system looks close enough to the other 2 games, im happy with that so far, as well as the remixed song.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-20 03:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** is up with her costume? God I hate this franchise so much.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-20 03:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

So don't invest in it? *shrug*. I think her costume looks odd, but I wouldn't not buy the game as a result. Not trying to sound like a douche, and if you take this that way, I'm sorry. Just sayin' that your comment won't change the final build of the game or anything >_<.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-12-20 04:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

So don't invest in it? *shrug*. I think her costume looks odd, but I wouldn't not buy the game as a result. Not trying to sound like a douche, and if you take this that way, I'm sorry. Just sayin' that your comment won't change the final build of the game or anything >_<.

If you do sound like one it's only because the other person never mentioned they planned to buy the game or that the costume was the deciding factor for them disliking the game. But, I'm not trying to sound like a douche by pointing that out.
By Avitori 2012-12-20 05:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting on versus 13...
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-20 05:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

1st game had 6 party members, 2nd game had 2 and a pseudo-party member pet system, now so far we see only Lightning... why do I think this is not a good thing...
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-12-20 05:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Return to sender.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-12-20 05:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a weird plot over the 3 three games. I really hope this ties things together.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-12-20 09:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »

I'd even settle for the psp game, I heard that one was pretty good.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-12-20 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Her new costume is really ugly lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-12-20 09:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Type-0 or Versus XIII please; to hell with this crap.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-12-20 09:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like ATB guage, but you're given much more direct control instead of just doing them immediately and consecutively.

That's pretty awesome, to be honest. My only issue with the previous games battle system was timing Blitz, Ruinga and -ra spells to actually go off when enemies were grouped. If they were fast enemies that is.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-12-20 09:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The fighting and whatnot looks good but, I really don't like Lightning as a character and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I miss the days when Square would release a Final Fantasy and that would be it; end of one game, start of another. Cuz if I didn't like the FF entry I was playing at the time, I at least had hope that the next one might be a hit for me. But with their *** for releasing sequels, if you don't like the story, characters, art style, or whatever else you're basically stuck waiting years for the next actual FF game to be released. Oh vell
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-12-20 09:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Matrix Style! .. lol

But well.. If the Game answer the unanswered questions leaved in FF13-2, it is enough for me.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-12-20 09:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Versus XIII taking so long falls mostly on Versus' team wanting an absolutely 'perfect' game.

Also, XIII was very popular in Japan iirc so it has a captivated audience there (and with me as well) so that means it's going to make money. Which they're in need of after XIV 1.0 flopped.

Making XV would be a huge risk in an attempt to make money, because if it flopped like XIV they'd be in a lot more trouble than they already seem to be in.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-12-20 10:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know. I just miss the days of looking forward to a new "adventure" every couple of years. I'd rather them release a Lightning game as a standalone thing instead of XIII, XIII-2, XIII-3.
 Leviathan.Tarantio
Server: Leviathan
user: Tarantio
By Leviathan.Tarantio 2012-12-20 10:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks shocking. Games have been getting progressively worse. Please stop making sequels SE, you blow at them!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-12-20 10:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't make sense to reuse characters and plot from a previous game, then expand upon them, in a standalone game. At all. It's the same thing as a sequel, but it eats up the available roman numerals.

And Final Fantasy has always (after the first few anyway) been each new numbered game being it's own self contained world with some throwbacks from older titles tossed in for some familiarity.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-12-20 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Looks like ATB guage, but you're given much more direct control instead of just doing them immediately and consecutively.

That's pretty awesome, to be honest. My only issue with the previous games battle system was timing Blitz, Ruinga and -ra spells to actually go off when enemies were grouped. If they were fast enemies that is.
Valkyrie profile2 (one as well I guess, never played it : ( ) is the game it reminds of but with only one character...
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-12-20 11:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what I meant. I meant instead of putting the FF label on a planned trilogy, just make it an original series from the get go. You're thinking I mean FFXIII starring Lightning followed by FFXIV starring Lightning again.

But even if they didn't realize it was going to be a hit and only later on decided it would be a good move to release sequels, it's still kind of annoying.

I'm all for continuations and spin off series if it's handled like Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus where it does not impede new FF entries.

I know it's not what they'll do because there's probably more money in just building off the FF name but imo, the old ways of releasing FF games was just more fun from a consumer standpoint.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-12-20 11:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
it's Vaporware, just accept it.

best case at this point is that assets will be taken and put into FF15, but I highly doubt that 13VS will ever see the light of day...

Also with how much everyone pans FF13 it always shocks me why people hold onto this game with such high hopes, to me it looks exactally FF13 but with 'Advent Childrens' Metal and Leather fetish going on
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-12-20 11:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

^ First thing I thought of when I saw her outfit. She's the female Cloud, so it was only a matter of time til she got his Advent Children costume with slight differences.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-20 11:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
^ First thing I thought of when I saw her outfit. She's the female Squall, so it was only a matter of time til she got his Advent Children costume with slight differences.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-12-20 11:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Versus XIII has to be released, they've spent too much money on it not to
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-20 11:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

versus gonna flop, 14 gonna flop again, then SE gonna go back on their word of ff13 series being done, they will start a new trilogy and go back to moving profitable games.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-20 11:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Never understood why so much stock is being put on Versus XIII. Can anyone help me out?
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2012-12-20 11:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

still going to buy it. don't really spend much time online complaining about FFXIII-sequels or other spin-offs. I Rather play it and enjoy it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-12-20 11:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the developers essentially created her as the female Cloud.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-20 11:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SO much hate for this "series".

I personally enjoyed what they've done so far.

You're not a true FF fan if you cant see the good in each one and enjoy them, in my opinion.

Sure, they each have flaws...what doesnt? Look at FF2's leveling system ._.

Though that didnt stop me from enjoying the story, which is what FF is all about.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-20 11:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if it was really like that it would be out already. the 13 series has been going strong sales wise, it's part of the reason last year SE actually had profit. versus is more of a gamble vs the sure thing that 13 is.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 23 24 25