FFXIII: Lightning Returns
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-09-01 10:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All my friends went out and got FFXIII, none own it today. I traded mine in within a 2 weeks. None of the characters were worth following and most I wanted dead within an hour of meeting them.

Maybe I am just looking at a small group to base this off, but I would venture to guess that FFXIII is their least popular FF game to date. Why would they keep making sequels off a such a bad game?
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-09-01 10:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy

XIII is the 4th highest selling game in the series (After 7 and 8 and 10).
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-01 10:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
so is this a continuation from the storyline of 13-2? I actually would like to play that

Its set hundreds of years after supposedly. Which is utter ***.

"CLIFFHANGER! Ok guys, lets skip what happens and jump hundreds of years afterwards!"

Really? -_-
Well they do say the world is swallowed by a "Sea of Chaos", which that possiblity was described in 13-2 as a world similar to Valhalla where the concept of time doesn't exist. So that 100 years likly only applies to the small ammount of the world remaining. I doubt they will just let the ending of 13-2 just fall to the wayside but the 100 years later didn't suprise me after the Lightning DLC. Noel, Hope, Suzh, Snow, Fang and Vanielle could still show up by way of Lightning rescuing their souls or something .

This is just me spouting theorys though, not to be taken as fact.
 Cerberus.Corphish
Server: Cerberus
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-09-01 11:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I always hate when people bring this up. Number of sales don't always mean popularity. By that logic, people would argue 6 should be the top selling one. I'll admit I bought XIII, I don't like hating on games I haven't played. I played through it, even got a Platinum Trophy on it on my PS3 (I'm a trophy ***, and the trophy lists cover just about everything there is to do in the game), but I returned it the same day I dinged my Platinum.

I understand there's people out there that geniunely enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks after all. But calling it one of the most popular FFXIII based on sales is just that. I've met many more people that regard it as one of the worst, myself included.
[+]
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2012-09-01 11:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I miss the days when they released games with just one number in the name.

Not #-2, #-3, versus, spinoffs, movies, anime, w/e. I understand they grew, but I just enjoyed when you knew the next game was going to be the next number and a completely new story to enjoy in a year or two.

Although I totally agree with you, you have to remember that making a brand new game from the ground up that lives up to today's quality standards takes many more years than it did in the PS1 and PS2 eras. It's a lot faster (and cheaper) when you can re-use an engine and assets.
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2012-09-01 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really disappointed in the direction SE keeps going in, just losing a lot of faith in the company :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-01 12:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While I did like XIII just because of the fact I hate very few Final Fantasy games (or rather, I hate certain things about the game rather than hating the whole game in general), I have to say that I think the reason FFXIII sold so many copies was because it was the first Final Fantasy game for the PS3. I'm not saying that holds true for FF7 and FF10 (each being "the first" for PS1 and PS2 respectfully.) Just that I really never see myself going back to the start of the game and playing through it again. FF1/4/6/7/8/10 were all games I could play over again.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-01 12:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Corphish said: »

I always hate when people bring this up. Number of sales don't always mean popularity. By that logic, people would argue 6 should be the top selling one. I'll admit I bought XIII, I don't like hating on games I haven't played. I played through it, even got a Platinum Trophy on it on my PS3 (I'm a trophy ***, and the trophy lists cover just about everything there is to do in the game), but I returned it the same day I dinged my Platinum.

I understand there's people out there that geniunely enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks after all. But calling it one of the most popular FFXIII based on sales is just that. I've met many more people that regard it as one of the worst, myself included.
It's worth keeping in mind that people who are happy with the game make far less noise then those that are not. It's the same cycle with every FF for some time now. it comes out > every one hates it > next one comes out > everyone hates that one now > previous one gets raised on a pedistal with passing years. The game also did ALOT better over in Japan, which we all know by now is SE's primary audiance.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-09-01 12:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

VI didn't sell that many copies because the series was still pretty obscure.
[+]
 Cerberus.Corphish
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-09-01 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty widespread by many sources of media now, and it's still not that big (in sales, but I won't hold that against it that much. Alot of that "media" is easily accessible emulators). The new generation likes XIII and I can see that. As a long time FF player though, I can't rank it anywhere near the top of my list. Based on numerical FFs, I can only rank it higher than II, which is at the bottom.

But just my opinion, etc.

EDIT : This is also getting kind of off topic, I hate doing that... Blah blah blah FFXIII-3!
 Bahamut.Blze
By Bahamut.Blze 2012-09-01 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

FF13 was a hate it or love it game almost no in between for that matter. Sales wise it a success player based wise most call it a flop. Me i like the game a bit overly linear but still liked it. now look at this ff13 only gonna have 3 parts where as ff7 has about 5 spinoffs. IF you want to send them a message Don't buy the games Q.Q about it on a forum is not gonna change there minds hit them where it hurts the wallet.

At least their Trying. They said not gonna remake 7 until the can beat it, i want them to rise to the challenge they put before them selves and fans. Saying they cant or it will never happen is your own personal opinion not based in any facts. Facts are they can go in any direction they want some successful some not so. They just have to try and us as fan should be wanting them to do better then laying back on the past.

and my favorites ff are 6, 9 , 7, 11, 13,13-2 in that order.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-09-01 12:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure people would like to see them stop expanding upon this particular segment of the FFXIII era and finish other projects for global release like FFXIII Versus, there was another, and Type-0 would be nice to see too. Not to mention, Kingdom Hearts 3. :x
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-01 13:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Type-0 was already released in japan having been renamed to Agito, Versus idk whats going on with but pritty sure they use a different development team so 13-2/3 wouldn't have slowed them down too much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-01 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I found this. Thought I should share.

[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-09-01 14:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

LUCRECIA!

Thats EgoRaptor animation, isnt it?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-01 15:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-04 19:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [105 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-18 13:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest issue of the Japanese edition of Shonen Jump has treated its readers to a shot of the new look for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII's titular character.

A trailer is promised for the 2013 edition of the magazine's annual Jump Festa event.

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-18 13:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+] for her new leather outfit
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-18 13:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[-] for her new leather outfit
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-18 13:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

"The dragon is strong"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-12-18 14:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[-] for her new leather outfit

The leather chest guard makes her look even more twiggy than she already is. It also looks like a cheap oblivion mod where there's an armor/clothing piece, in this case a corset, and they just get rid of half of the armor so they can show more skin. The end result, when they do that, always looks tacky to me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: TyrantSyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn 2012-12-18 14:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't make out her figure at all from those pic's, which kind of bugs me. And that costume seem's a little out of sorts for her? But maybe it has to do with the direction she'll be taking in the game.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-12-18 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently she paradigm shifted into the Dominatrix class. She's in that "assume the position" stance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-12-18 14:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throwing in to agree with the posts prior to the necro...why do they keep pushing XIII so hard. Ugh. It's so bad.

The only reason it's still in my house is because I don't sell/trade games. I haven't touched it. My wife played it out of duty and was pretty "meh" to it. We've more or less loved (or at least liked in spite of flaws) pretty much every other FF game out there.

I've really come over to WRPGs in the past four years or so. Ever since the 360/PS3 hit JRPGs have been in constant decline. In my opinion, anyhow.
[+]
By Zenaku14 2012-12-18 15:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lordzetta said: »
Instead of focusing mainly on versus they giving us more sequels /sigh. At least give us a sequel with fang in it.

Don't think they working on Versus they have over 900+ people working on FFXIV and part of it is the Versus team. I think versus may be release for PS4 as a side alone game not as FF13 from the gameplay/video they show us they could really just call it FF15 at this point lol.
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-18 15:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i loved both 13-1 and 13-2 and feel the compliment each other well, all thats missing is a good closing game, i hope 13-3 can deliver~
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-12-18 15:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Verses really has nothing to do with 13 besides being in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series of games. (and maybe a connection to Etro) They also have more than one team working on more than one game. >.> SE is a huge company.. I seriously doubt all their manpower is working on XIV.

13 wasn't as bad as everyone seems to make it.. I didn't like it at first but grew to enjoy it very much by the end. 13-2 was okay.. nothing ground breaking though so hopefully 13-3 will bring back whatever it was I enjoyed about the 1st.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-18 15:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+] for her new leather outfit

[-] for the fact its going to be crap.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Just throwing in to agree with the posts prior to the necro...why do they keep pushing XIII so hard. Ugh. It's so bad.

The only reason it's still in my house is because I don't sell/trade games. I haven't touched it. My wife played it out of duty and was pretty "meh" to it. We've more or less loved (or at least liked in spite of flaws) pretty much every other FF game out there.

I've really come over to WRPGs in the past four years or so. Ever since the 360/PS3 hit JRPGs have been in constant decline. In my opinion, anyhow.

Ni No Kumi looks like it might right the JRPG ship, God knows SE isn't going to.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-18 19:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

before:

after:

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25