users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFXIII: Lightning Returns
FFXIII: Lightning Returns
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-02 04:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Staggering is very important in this game. Even on standard enemies.

Learning enemy attack timings for perfect guards is important as well. Quite a few enemies get staggered by a perfect guard. Like Upright Reavers.
Server: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-03-02 11:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Get mediguard and lancet. Win the game.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-03-03 09:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know the stats on the 3 new outfits? dont wanna spend 10 bucks on flops, although be fun to say i own an aegis!
By Darkalenia 2014-03-03 11:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
anyone know the stats on the 3 new outfits? dont wanna spend 10 bucks on flops, although be fun to say i own an aegis!

New outfits...?
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-03-03 11:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought them and I've used them once (maybe?) Excalibur and Aegis have recovery abilities on (perfect attack/defense recovers 1% HP). Their usefulness doesn't last very long
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-03-03 11:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
I bought them and I've used them once (maybe?) Excalibur and Aegis have recovery abilities on (perfect attack/defense recovers 1% HP). Their usefulness doesn't last very long
thanks ill save my money~
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-03-04 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I see some guides using Atremis's Arrow for stagger spamming. Does it beat slayer? Cant get on atm to check it out. looking for Ultimate lair help, i dont wanna skip through it i want to slaughter everything, but i think i might have to wait till another run through for higher stats or something cause im getting owned by stuff like the dreadnaught and even the gurangatch whooped me.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-04 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to bail out on the Earth Eater. :<

I'm a fan of Double Jump (Locket Pendant) staggering. Then using a twinbladed weapon with a high level Light Attack (with appropriate elemental potion) spam.
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-03-04 15:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemis can be good when the stagger bar is almost full, but I'm a stickler for -ra spamming
By Leoheart 2014-03-04 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
I see some guides using Atremis's Arrow for stagger spamming. Does it beat slayer? Cant get on atm to check it out. looking for Ultimate lair help, i dont wanna skip through it i want to slaughter everything, but i think i might have to wait till another run through for higher stats or something cause im getting owned by stuff like the dreadnaught and even the gurangatch whooped me.

Artemis's Arrows is probably one of the best skills in the game, with a maxed out heavy strike and 5000 strength (maximum with no limit break) it can do 200k damage on a non staggered opponent, the only issue is its large damage range (50%) so it tends to be rather inconsistent, and it's modifier is 2.50 at level 1, while slayers is 2.0.

They're both great skills, but slayers helpfulness ends when the stagger does while Artemis's arrows can be used all of the time.

Sophie Tilgung said: »
I had to bail out on the Earth Eater. :<

I'm a fan of Double Jump (Locket Pendant) staggering. Then using a twinbladed weapon with a high level Light Attack (with appropriate elemental potion) spam.

Twin bladed weapons are awesomesauce :)
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-03-04 20:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo Eater is ridiculous. Just spent 30 minutes on a single attempt to finally kill it.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-03-04 21:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Chocobo Eater is ridiculous. Just spent 30 minutes on a single attempt to finally kill it.
they give 2 EP on normal so overclock on first stagger, deprotect/deshell at start, theres an accessory that steals haste/bravery use that to so when he uses that buff move steal those 2 buffs asap, enareo potions or enthunder potions help to
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-03-08 18:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I hate waiting on the Warrens.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2014-03-08 18:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on my last day, just entered the temple for ciaus and only been to 3 zones. I keep doing quests, I got 3 flowers on the plant and still no time extensions.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-08 19:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Each flower on Yggdrasil is a time extension.

Have you been finishing the main story line in any areas you've been to? If not, there's your problem.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2014-03-08 20:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished 2, when I got to the temple I turned back to find out how to counter the hp loss and I don't seem that strong. I've been using rdm, blm, and cosmocrator but haven't really found a solid 3 job combo.

I hate this time limit crap, I feel like im being rushed and don't have time to enjoy it.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-03-13 17:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

just got around to playing this, so far really not impressed. this time limit bullcrap is so dumb -.-;
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-03-15 09:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on Last One farming locations?
By Leoheart 2014-03-15 09:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on Last One farming locations?

You can fight all of them in the ultimate lair when you unlock it, the only exceptions are Arcangeli, Sugriva, Neela, Wendigo's and Chimeras which can only be fought on the last day though
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-03-15 09:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware of that. I have like 6 days left with almost nothing to do except the last ones and high item count canvas quests that I will get while farming last ones.
By Leoheart 2014-03-15 09:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware of that. I have like 6 days left with almost nothing to do except the last ones and high item count canvas quests that I will get while farming last ones.

Oh right, not like I knew.

Just go to their respective spawn areas, not much too it other than that.

Day 9 and onwards the Global Canvas of prayers quests Roadworks 1, 2 and 3 are unlocked, if you can complete those to unlock the highways, then all Large scale mobs have more spawn frequency there.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-03-15 10:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I did specifically say farming locations.

To be more specific, I was looking for spawn locations that contain multiple mobs with little to none of the non-last one mobs. (Like stupid Gertrude/Desdemona/Desmond while trying to work on Hoplites.) The ones with the worse spawn conditions are the ones I'll save for the lair.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-03-20 18:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

my copy just showed up I am just curious does this game have a new game + option so you can restart with all your garbs and stuff?
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-20 19:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup!
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-04-10 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got a copy of the collectors edition stratigy guide. I did not realize it would have code for art of war for both ps3 and xbox. someone gave me the xbox one while ago and I gave away the ps3 code to a RL friend already. but I have a code for the xbox 360 art of war if any one wants it just send me a messege. I will give to first messege
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-04-10 23:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I beat this earlier today. Overall, it wasn't terrible. The story was ok, the battle system was pretty fun, although hard at times trying to stagger enemies or some of the bosses. I liked the ending too, I even teared up a little bit at one part of the ending lol. And I think this one made me appreciate the characters a little more, like I liked Noel and Snows character, although I liked them in 13-2 too.

Anyways, I am probably going to do ng+, so should I play on hard? I seen that a lot of enemies drop stuff only on hard, and I wonder if that stuff will make a difference? Like the synthesis upgrade materials, or stuff to upgrade weapons and garbs.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-04-11 01:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm close to beating the game, does anybody know how many quests i need to have done to unlock the 14th day? currently on day 10 with only a handful of small quests left to do D:
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-04-11 01:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its like 50ish
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-04-11 01:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
I'm close to beating the game, does anybody know how many quests i need to have done to unlock the 14th day? currently on day 10 with only a handful of small quests left to do D:
Each side quest(depending on it's rating) contributes to the extra day you need to reach a value of "1"
One star gives you 0.02.
Two starts 0.04.
Three stars 0.08.
if you do around 45 side quest's canvas of prayer's does not count toward's this. you will unlock extra day and ultimate lair. aim for 45 quest's the higher the star the better for the quest. and you should be fine getting it. also when you unlock extra day it unlock's another CS after credit's
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-04-11 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 41 quests and got 14 days. I was on day 12 and it was my last day, but I finished the 2 main quests in the wildlands, and got the last 2 days.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25