The Music Thread!( No Rap Or Country)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The music thread!( no rap or country)
The music thread!( no rap or country)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-06 22:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I knew u were gay!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-06 22:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it is a very happy video!
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-06 22:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Electronica includes a wide range of contemporary electronic music designed for a wide range of uses, including foreground listening, some forms of dancing, and background music for other activities; however, unlike electronic dance music, it is not specifically made for dancing.[1][2] The term was first used in the United States in the early 1990s with regards to post-rave global-influenced electronic dance music.[citation needed] Genres such as techno, drum and bass, downtempo, and ambient are among those encompassed by the umbrella term, entering the American mainstream from "alternative" or "underground" venues during the late 1990s.[2][3] Prior to the adoption of electronica for this purpose, terms such as electronic listening music, and intelligent dance music (IDM) were used

thats straight from lolwiki some maybe you can understand it? might be on your level of comprehension.

and im only so aggressive towards you cause he explained it in his post. let me bold it for you.
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Electronica actually is a genre. It is the more broad description of electronic dance/techno/house. Just like Metal is broken up into black, death, symphonic, etc.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-06 22:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:

but you said it was a genre. oops! it appears that maybe you actually have no idea what the *** youre talking about. i guess if you need a cutesy little name for everything, "electronica" could be a substitute for "electronic music", but electronic music is a production method, not a genre.
But it IS a genre actually. Drum and Bass is a sub genre, but at the same time can be used by a douche like yourself as a "production method." If you were to substitute "electronica" with "electronic music" as a production method then EVERYTHING would be "electronic music" due to the fact that every type of music that is produced is done so electronically. Once again, you are either being a troll or are just a flat out dipshit.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 22:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said:
Electronica includes a wide range of contemporary electronic music designed for a wide range of uses, including foreground listening, some forms of dancing, and background music for other activities; however, unlike electronic dance music, it is not specifically made for dancing.[1][2] The term was first used in the United States in the early 1990s with regards to post-rave global-influenced electronic dance music.[citation needed] Genres such as techno, drum and bass, downtempo, and ambient are among those encompassed by the umbrella term, entering the American mainstream from "alternative" or "underground" venues during the late 1990s.[2][3] Prior to the adoption of electronica for this purpose, terms such as electronic listening music, and intelligent dance music (IDM) were used

thats straight from lolwiki some maybe you can understand it? might be on your level of comprehension.

and im only so aggressive towards you cause he explained it in his post. let me bold it for you.
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Electronica actually is a genre. It is the more broad description of electronic dance/techno/house. Just like Metal is broken up into black, death, symphonic, etc.

inb4 anyone can edit wiki
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-06 22:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i think he already got to wiki. it now says

"Electronica is the gay"
By eskae 2010-05-06 22:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Electronica does not exist. Not as a genre or a description. It was coined by the North American music press to refer to the second wave of electronic music's explosion in the late 90s, and exists purely as a marketing buzzword, not any actual quantifiable branch of music (the first wave of electronic music, incidentally, they called 'techno', and, having driven the word into the ground beyond all sense of meaning, they couldn't keep using it if they wished to re-market the music). Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Prodigy's 'Fat of the Land', Chemical Brothers and other big-time stars of that period were all called "electronica" at one point or another, but the person who really popularized it in the public consciousness was Madonna and her shallow, William Orbit-produced piss-poor attempt at appropriating trance music as something she invented (Ray of Light). She used that word all the damn time in interviews. If you want to talk about the music as a whole, simply call it what it is: "electronic music" (or EDM--Electronic Dance Music--for the club/rave stuff).
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-06 22:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
and what is rap now? basically a computer singing since everything is autotuned
You're thinking of R & B. Tpain akon ect, is not rap.
Haha first thing I thought of was T pain when I saw "computer singing"
wow, found a tpain song w/o autotune. Didn't think that existed.

wow he was actually raping o.o.

Huh.

Totally didn't think he had a real voice.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-06 22:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i think he already got to wiki. it now says

"Electronica is the gay"
lol someone should text that place that gives the answers to ***via txt and take a pic of it...
By eskae 2010-05-06 22:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

also quoting wikipedia = admitting you know nothing about the subject. great job. surely i dont need to explain to you that wikipedia is an awful source of solid information, seeing as anyone can edit it
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 22:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
Electronica does not exist. Not as a genre or a description. It was coined by the North American music press to refer to the second wave of electronic music's explosion in the late 90s, and exists purely as a marketing buzzword, not any actual quantifiable branch of music (the first wave of electronic music, incidentally, they called 'techno', and, having driven the word into the ground beyond all sense of meaning, they couldn't keep using it if they wished to re-market the music). Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Prodigy's 'Fat of the Land', Chemical Brothers and other big-time stars of that period were all called "electronica" at one point or another, but the person who really popularized it in the public consciousness was Madonna and her shallow, William Orbit-produced piss-poor attempt at appropriating trance music as something she invented (Ray of Light). She used that word all the damn time in interviews. If you want to talk about the music as a whole, simply call it what it is: "electronic music" (or EDM--Electronic Dance Music--for the club/rave stuff).

Semantics.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-06 22:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

and to make amends to the OP for my bickering i will post another vid. sorry OP and someone already posted nightwish a finnish band and heres another.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 22:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
also quoting wikipedia = admitting you know nothing about the subject. great job. surely i dont need to explain to you that wikipedia is an awful source of solid information, seeing as anyone can edit it
Shiva.Flionheart said:

*** CALLED IT!
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-05-06 22:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dismissing an entire genre is pure ignorance.

progressive rock

Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-06 22:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
Technically, according to you, Metal doesn't exist and neither does country since 1) They are all just words that were "made up" as you say to describe an art form 2) They are broad descriptions of the music that is produced just like ELECTRONICA.

you sir, don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.
By eskae 2010-05-06 22:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

are you really that *** stupid? wow, im impressed. being produced electronically, and going through a studio mixdown and master are two completely different things. i bet you listen to metal, youre *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-06 22:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Lol'd
By eskae 2010-05-06 22:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
eskae said:
Technically, according to you, Metal doesn't exist and neither does country since 1) They are all just words that were "made up" as you say to describe an art form 2) They are broad descriptions of the music that is produced just like ELECTRONICA.

metal exists because its a genre of music with its own defined sound and influences. electronica does not because it is not a genre of music with its own defined sound and influences. there is just plain old metal out there, as well as death metal, black metal, and what have you. there is no plain old electronica.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 22:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
are you really that *** stupid? wow, im impressed. being produced electronically, and going through a studio mixdown and master are two completely different things. i bet you listen to metal, youre *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

You're*

The apostrophe is the place-holder for the space and first letter of the net word.

Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-06 22:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

*** CALLED IT!
Yea, but the problem with this that unless you provide a valid source for the information you pull, Wiki lets you know that a citation is needed. On the parts of info that supports my argument, no citation is needed. *** you and have a nice day EskaeTheGay
By eskae 2010-05-06 23:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:

You're*

The apostrophe is the place-holder for the space

and you call me the troll lol, having fun listening to creed? and omg you go to 4chan?! can you get me a premium account there plz
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-05-06 23:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright enough you guys.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 23:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:

You're*

The apostrophe is the place-holder for the space

and you call me the troll lol, having fun listening to creed? and omg you go to 4chan?! can you get me a premium account there plz

I used to go to 4chan, before it filled with people like you.

And I listen to a wide variety of music.
By eskae 2010-05-06 23:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

*** CALLED IT!
Yea, but the problem with this that unless you provide a valid source for the information you pull, Wiki lets you know that a citation is needed. On the parts of info that supports my argument, no citation is needed. *** you and have a nice day EskaeTheGay

valid source for the information? lol unlike you ive actually been involved in the electronic music scene for over a decade. you copypaste wikipedia. settle down
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 23:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

*** CALLED IT!

valid source for the information? lol unlike you ive actually been involved in the electronic music scene for over a decade. you copypaste wikipedia. settle down

I've* (Capital I because it is a shortening of two words 'I have')
By eskae 2010-05-06 23:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

*** CALLED IT!

I've*

yea, commenting on people's punctuation is a great pussy cop-out for all occasions. although a bit overdone id say
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 23:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
eskae said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

*** CALLED IT!

I've*

yea, commenting on people's punctuation is a great pussy cop-out for all occasions. although a bit overdone id say

I just try and educate the uneducated.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-05-06 23:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

1 down, who is next.

Gave you guys chances to cut it out.
 Shiva.Daimos