Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 20:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
By agriculture I mean I a man-made conscious effort to create a settled society with farming as the source of food.

That's a very, very new idea.

Our "branch" has been around for 7million years. In the past 10,000 or so, we've finally actually done ***.
Lol more than 10,000 years we've been marking our history. Just everyday we loose a little more evidence... ^^
Not really.

Seriously. We've been doing very little.

Progress was entirely slow because it took us so long to develop our bodies up to a point where we could speak, and therefore have thought, and therefore start society.
I guess. we still had a system of survival though, otherwise we wouldnt be here, like animals.

now we have tv though..It fixes it! : D
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-01 20:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
By agriculture I mean I a man-made conscious effort to create a settled society with farming as the source of food.

Our "branch" has been around for 7million years. In the past 10,000 or so, we've finally actually done ***.

Yeah, agriculture is conducive to settlement. It also gives people a LOT of time. Whereas hunter-gatherer societies would constantly be on the move for food, they would have much less time to develop, say, a language. But a people who can create their own food without having to move from place to place, can focus on other things, like mate attraction. So we start finding evidence of piercings and jewelry. Also, we start seeing laws be made so that humans don't rape their women, or steal all the food, or etc. It's pretty much agreed upon by any anthropologist you ever meet.

Ehh, language really took so long because we simply weren't physically capable of it for a very long time.

Our system of survival was just like that of animals too. We are animals. We just have memory, higher emotion, and language. That's pretty much it.

We're essentially the biggest ant farm EVAR
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 20:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:

Yeah, agriculture is conducive to settlement. It also gives people a LOT of time. Whereas hunter-gatherer societies would constantly be on the move for food, they would have much less time to develop, say, a language. But a people who can create their own food without having to move from place to place, can focus on other things, like mate attraction. So we start finding evidence of piercings and jewelry. Also, we start seeing laws be made so that humans don't rape their women, or steal all the food, or etc. It's pretty much agreed upon by any anthropologist you ever meet.

Ehh, language really took so long because we simply weren't physically capable of it for a very long time.

Our system of survival was just like that of animals too. We are animals. We just have memory, higher emotion, and language. That's pretty much it.

We're essentially the biggest ant farm EVAR

ah you sound like you were actually there, tell me moar i know you have a time machine and spyed on us having sex at nights o.~ you tool! how dare you. thats like CP!
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-01 20:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
ah you sound like you were actually there, tell me moar i know you have a time machine and spyed on us having sex at nights o.~ you tool! how dare you. thats like CP!

No, but if you'd like, I can tell you how they used to have sex, if you're into that sort of thing.

Actually one of the only reasons the gender gap came early on was due to the fact that they had to change and experiment all sorts of positions to have sex once their lower body changed, but I digress.

Romance philology courses that cover way back to our start teach you an awful lot.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 20:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

No, but if you'd like, I can tell you how they used to have sex, if you're into that sort of thing.

Actually one of the only reasons the gender gap came early on was due to the fact that they had to change and experiment all sorts of positions to have sex once their lower body changed, but I digress.

Romance philology courses that cover way back to our start teach you an awful lot.

what the *** i was only kidding lol now im interested, moar please. i didnt know such a study existed. >: ( MOAR
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-01 21:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People like Action are why, despite being an atheist that was raised a Catholic in a racist family and despite the racism still in my home town since it's part of NYC, my best friend is a Moroccan Muslim.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 21:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion had it ok.

Then people started to think for themselves. Thats what screwed them up.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it I cant quote that guy. But thanks for the info, I've always wondered the differences in both cultures, I'm still fascinated by the artwork in most of them.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Religion had it ok.

Then people started to think for themselves. Thats what screwed them up.

hellz yeah. This post should be bumped for moar sauce.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-01 21:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

what the *** i was only kidding lol now im interested, moar please. i didnt know such a study existed. >: ( MOAR

I wasn't being defensive, I was being totally nonchalant in that statement lol.

I'll see if I can dig through my old notes and find where we discussed sex through the ages.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I wasn't being defensive, I was being totally nonchalant in that statement lol.

I'll see if I can dig through my old notes and find where we discussed sex through the ages.
maybe we can learn from our old anscestors some kamasutra... <3 lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread is officialy now about sex
 Gilgamesh.Andras
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-05-01 21:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

why is the creator of these threads still alive? -.-
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Andras said:
why is the creator of these threads still alive? -.-

This thread is about sex, Please proceed to post sex in here or you will be banned, our best regards, [GM]Darki
By Trebold 2010-05-01 21:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Action said:
Hello I am a Muslim and an Arab and I saw this topic and, unfortunately, the subject of non-meaningful.
First, there's a big difference between a Muslim and Arab,
Islam is a religion and each religion beliefs is not entitled to speak to the person of any faith or religion but it does not have the information at that, and it is clear evidence I am sure that the majority involved in the topic does not have legitimacy in the culture of religion. To hand the text is clear and explicitly stated in the Koran for you your religion, we have our religion.
Islam is a religion full praise and if you think a day in his study and look you will find it a peaceful religion that respects human life in all its standards more than anything else.

As to the issue of the Arabs as a group of several countries, each country its own way in dealing with debt of some countries have more open than others, like any other country. For all of the terrorists know that there are two sides to every religion and every country and every civilization by the bad and good side.

The meaning of these words: Mistake of the customs and ancient traditions in some countries does not exceed 30% of Muslims, including mean that there is 70% of people have nothing to do with terrorism, colonialism, invasion and war.

I hope the lack of severity and respect the beliefs of others and are not attacking religion or insulting unlawfully. And actually I hope you become acquainted to Islam correctly we are human beings like you practice the same customs and everyday we share the same life but we have different beliefs and this something normal. Does not make us criminals.

Read the bold part like 10 times trying to make sense of it. When I thought I made sense of it, it seemed like it just boiled down to: "Don't criticize my religion(Islam)." But I can't be too sure. Can anyone fully explain to me what that bolded run-on means?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sex.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 21:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The sad thing is, Christianity is this fanatical most of the time.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 21:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
By Trebold 2010-05-01 21:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You guys aren't allowed to talk about Christianity like that.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You guys aren't allowed to talk about Christianity like that.

says who? if he says it its because he has a good reason backing it up. Honestly most christians ive met are fanatics who dont respect anybody else.
Go christ! in the name of loljesus.com.

Atheism ftw.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 21:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Muslims aren't always violent and Christians aren't always civil...or logical. Anyway, Idk why this derailed thread is still going.

I am boss, this thread sux.

Good night.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 21:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Christians are quite often violent, check out red-necks.

Personally, I find it hard to believe in something that condones bloodshed. I believe there is a higher power perhaps, but if there is we will never be advanced enough to detect it.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 22:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Muslims aren't always violent and Christians aren't always civil...or logical. Anyway, Idk why this derailed thread is still going.

Good night.

SEX THREAD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Good night.

SEX THREAD

Are you coming on to me?!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 22:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Christians are quite often violent, check out red-necks. Personally, I find it hard to believe in something that condones bloodshed. I believe there is a higher power perhaps, but if there is we will never be advanced enough to detect it.

Ok, one more post. Then I'm going to bed, my eyes hurt.

I believe in God, I believe there is a higher power, but I also believe that many religions are anti-nature, anti-progress*, and for the most part illogical. "It's ok, you can atone, but if you don't I condemn you." and "Only God can judge me!" Compare those two. One could condemn a sinner, but fly off the handle if someone judges them. Now, Not all individual churches have these fanatics, as one of them recently helped my family when we went completely broke due to no work. There are good religious people out there. There are those who actually DO live by their morals while keeping up with modern society. But for every legit church with good people, there are 2-5 cult-churches. But that's Christianity. This thread is about Islam. (And sex) But the first part applies to many religions.

*By anti-progress I mean how people condemn something brand new because of morality. Or even how certain people won't have a blood transfusion to save their life due to religion.

And with that, I'm done, pick it apart, dissect it, whatever. I'm out, peace.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-01 22:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the more important question is what are we gonna call ourselves?

The Unified Atheist League (UAL), the United Atheist Alliance (UAA) or the Allied Atheist Allegiance (AAA) ?

[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 22:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Christians are quite often violent, check out red-necks. Personally, I find it hard to believe in something that condones bloodshed. I believe there is a higher power perhaps, but if there is we will never be advanced enough to detect it.

Ok, one more post. Then I'm going to bed, my eyes hurt.

I believe in God, I believe there is a higher power, but I also believe that many religions are anti-nature, anti-progress*, and for the most part illogical. "It's ok, you can atone, but if you don't I condemn you." and "Only God can judge me!" Compare those two. One could condemn a sinner, but fly off the handle if someone judges them. Now, Not all individual churches have these fanatics, as one of them recently helped my family when we went completely broke due to no work. There are good religious people out there. There are those who actually DO live by their morals while keeping up with modern society. But for every legit church with good people, there are 2-5 cult-churches. But that's Christianity. This thread is about Islam. (And sex) But the first part applies to many religions.

*By anti-progress I mean how people condemn something brand new because of morality. Or even how certain people won't have a blood transfusion to save their life due to religion.

And with that, I'm done, pick it apart, dissect it, whatever. I'm out, peace.

Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-01 22:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most people have a problem with Islam when they are trying to force Sharia upon others. Take a look at the UK, and what Islam is trying to do there.

If you do not know what I am writing about, I am not going to explain.

I mean you dont see any foreigns going into Islamic countries and try to change their laws. If we did, there would be lots of problems.

No one forced them to go and live in other non Islamic countries. If they do not like the laws of the US or the UK why are they still living there?

Most Islamic women are suppose to wear berkas, it varies from country to country. The Islamic men have no problems staring at modern women, now do they.

When you are in a foreign country you are suppose to respect their customs and not change them.

All of us are a bunch of infidels, according to Islam.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
I think most people have a problem with Islam when they are trying to force Sharia upon others. Take a look at the UK, and what Islam is trying to do there.

If you do not know what I am writing about, I am not going to explain.

I mean you dont see any foreigns going into Islamic countries and try to change their laws. If we did, there would be lots of problems.

No one forced them to go and live in other non Islamic countries. If they do not like the laws of the US or the UK why are they still living there?

Most Islamic women are suppose to wear berkas, it varies from country to country. The Islamic men have no problems staring at modern women, now do they.

When you are in a foreign country you are suppose to respect their customs and not change them.

All of us are a bunch of infidels, according to Islam.

Agree completely, the amount they get away with in the UK makes me sick sometimes.

They were going to cause a riot when we were parading our fallen soldiers, I was deeply sickened tbh.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23