Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23
 Sylph.Vestal
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-05-04 10:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I only come back to creep on haseyo's avatar. I hope this didn't offend a Muslim.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
you really sound like you lost your patience ~.~
Asura.Jetzabel said:
How so? lol Is this a case of "Why is it so difficult to ask something seriously without someone accusing you of being angry?" =p
Phoenix.Darki said:
whut?

Still not making sense? lol

not really.

Ohhhhh ok. {Understood} You don't understand your own posts. I should have guessed that from someone who equates culture to religion ^^

You are really offensive you know? That makes you look like an ***. and I wasn't equating them, art history thought me both are connected and influenced, culture is another form of expression and art, therefor religion is portrayed in it.

sorry I had to explain that to you, your just such a moron you need to be thaught of everything apparently.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
How so? lol Is this a case of "Why is it so difficult to ask something seriously without someone accusing you of being angry?" =p
Phoenix.Darki said:
whut?

not really.

Ohhhhh ok. {Understood} You don't understand your own posts. I should have guessed that from someone who equates culture to religion ^^

You are really offensive you know? That makes you look like an ***. and I wasn't equating them, art history thought me both are connected and influenced, culture is another form of expression and art, therefor religion is portrayed in it.

sorry I had to explain that to you, your just such a moron you need to be thaught of everything apparently.

Also btw, atleast I don't 'pretend' to know ***, I'm not afraid to ask and get informed on things I'm not aware of, unlike some poeple.... so before you decide being a douche to just about anyone, you should really think about whos attacking you on the forums... oh wait, you don't care, because its people online and you shouldnt have any respect for them, I forgot your way of thinking.. yeah, portrays on your stupid face on your avatar.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
whut?

not really.

You posted in the topic directly to me, then feigned knowledge of it/why you said it. That is called being ignorant and bordering on trolling, ergo I gave you the deserved reply: a sarcastic remark that was also serious. By your logic, a christian from asia will have the same 'culture' as a christian from ireland. If you think that is correct, please do explain. Otherwise the sarcasm still stands.

oh god your annoying.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 10:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about Islam is we follow the words in the Qu'ran and the Sunnats of the prophets, basically the way the prophet used the Quran to incorporated it in his everyday life (since Arabic words can have multiple meaning having him explain in example really helped us understand 99.9%* of the Qu'ran) Thats why the religion does not incorporate Culture in it.

*what is not fully understood is currently in open debate with Muslim scholars and will be settled when they come to a agreement.
[+]
By Trebold 2010-05-04 10:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, no, I wouldn't say that Culture and Religion are the same thing. But if you read the Qu'ran word-for-word and read the Hadith as well, then you have to take into context the culture at the time of those events. If you completely ignored Arabian culture, there's no way you could come to understand many of the things in these documents. For example, for Muslims in America, we don't stone people to death for infidelity, but in the Hadith there are many accounts of stoning concerning infidelity.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Hmm, no, I wouldn't say that Culture and Religion are the same thing. But if you read the Qu'ran word-for-word and read the Hadith as well, then you have to take into context the culture at the time of those events. If you completely ignored Arabian culture, there's no way you could come to understand many of the things in these documents. For example, for Muslims in America, we don't stone people to death for infidelity, but in the Hadith there are many accounts of stoning concerning infidelity.

I'm not making them up as the same thing, like I said in a previous post to that stupid closed-minded ***, Art history thought me culture is influenced by a movement of art and times, so religion is aswell portrayed in it, because culture is basicly what we're born into, so some religion is involved in it. Thats why I said your culture, not taking it to a literal level that they're the same, but I was mainly referring to the culture instead of the religion. Because your culture does have alot of beautiful things in it, taking aside religion.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:

I'm not making them up as the same thing, like I said in a previous post to that stupid closed-minded ***, Art history thought me culture is influenced by a movement of art and times, so religion is aswell portrayed in it, because culture is basicly what we're born into, so some religion is involved in it. Thats why I said your culture, not taking it to a literal level that they're the same, but I was mainly referring to the culture instead of the religion. Because your culture does have alot of beautiful things in it, taking aside religion.

Do you see how this works? You posted a comment directed at me without any consideration of context and insinuated that I had somehow lost my cool as it were. I hadn't, so I tried to joke about it using the topic title as my prop. But then you tried to play stupid about it. So now I'm doing the same to you, and... "you really sound like you lost your patience ~.~"

I'm actually surprised you got angry enough to call me a "stupid closed-minded ***". Now that is pretty offensive. Have a nice day.

one question
Are you a drama queen or attention ***?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 10:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

epic battle has started

CHOOSE YOUR POKEMON!

*battle music*

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
epic battle has started

CHOOSE YOUR POKEMON!

*battle music*

lol. wheres 'this thread is about cats' pic.. someone bump it plz.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
you guys and your worthless religious views. Don't you all understand that this is a thread about cats...

hellz yez.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 10:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

thread needs a derail pic
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
thread needs a derail pic

Mission accomplished if it's derailed then! woot.
By Trebold 2010-05-04 10:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to make an allusion to past events concerning State-Shinto. Before the end of World War 2, most of the Japanese had believed that their emperor was above other Japanese citizens. When the emperor's words spoken about the success Japan would have during World War 2 didn't turn out as he expected, people began to question his 'divinity'. He himself eventually came out and stated that he was not an incarnation of god, but just a human as everyone else was.

This is much like what we see in prophets of Western-based religions(saying that they are an incarnation of god, or that they are speaking from god's voice), but the only difference is that Western prophets are all dead, and it can no longer be proven that these men could have been frauds as well.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 10:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
I'd like to make an allusion to past events concerning State-Shinto. Before the end of World War 2, most of the Japanese had believed that their emperor was above other Japanese citizens. When the emperor's words spoken about the success Japan would have during World War 2 didn't turn out as he expected, people began to question his 'divinity'. He himself eventually came out and stated that he was not an incarnation of god, but just a human as everyone else was.

This is much like what we see in prophets of Western-based religions(saying that they are an incarnation of god, or that they are speaking from god's voice), but the only difference is that Western prophets are all dead, and it can no longer be proven that these men could have been frauds as well.

I am the incarnation of hitler, you just don't know it yet ~.~
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:

You dont need the person to be alive to prove him as a fraud. Its easy-er but you dont need him to be alive
By Trebold 2010-05-04 10:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my question is.. if your prophet had said before he died: "Sorry guys, I'm not actually the prophet of god" Would you still believe that the Qu'ran, the Bible, or the Tanakh was the word of god?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 10:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
I guess my question is.. if your prophet had said before he died: "Sorry guys, I'm not actually the prophet of god" Would you still believe that the Qu'ran, the Bible, or the Tanakh was the word of god?

I would be pissed then ate some KD out of the pot.

Understood that from your other post (I knew that was coming lol) of course if he said that it was all a lie then all religions would have been blacklisted from there. (Islam, Christianity and Jewish) all derive from the same religion.
By Trebold 2010-05-04 10:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Trebold said:

I would be pissed then ate some KD out of the pot.

Understood that from your other post (I knew that was coming lol) of course if he said that it was all a lie then all religions would have been blacklisted from there. (Islam, Christianity and Jewish) all derive from the same religion.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Some would say, "Oh, HE'S lying, but obviously our religion is true." Then you would see that Buddhism or Hinduism would be the dominate religion of this age. If Muhammad outright said that he was lying, Islam would be a small faction. If Jesus said that he was lying, I don't even know if Islam would exist to begin with. If Moses said he was lying, I don't know if Christianity would exist, therefore begging to question if Islam would.

Considering everyone you've ever met in your lifetime is human, and as such fallible, why do you give credit to one man for stating he knows god? Do you believe that god only speaks to 1 out of billions of people? Or do you argue the point because it's an age-old religion, or maybe because your parents taught you to believe?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 11:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The way he lived his life, the religion itself and how it changed nation. Its not everyone that could accomplish what he did and the way of life he teachers interest me. Islam isn't "Believe with faint" kind of religion you can Question all you want aspect of the religion and you will be given a valid reason.
By Trebold 2010-05-04 11:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at people like Winston Churchill and see the way he lived his life and spoke to people with much respect. I feel the same about Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes from these people, I generally respect, but I will not follow their beliefs without good reason first. It just so happens that there generally is good reason for it. These men also accomplished great things in their lives, and their way of life interests me as well. However, from a personal standpoint, some of the events in the Hadith make me question the actions of Muhammad.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-04 11:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why its very important to make sure the hadiths you are reading valid and if you dont understand or question a certain aspect of the hadith you can ask someone to clarify it for you
By Trebold 2010-05-04 11:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Examples:
Bukhari (60:139) - Which sanctifies temporary marriage, simply for the sake of obeying law.
We used to participate in the holy wars carried on by the Prophet and we had no women (wives) with us. So we said (to the Prophet ). "Shall we castrate ourselves?" But the Prophet forbade us to do that and thenceforth he allowed us to marry a woman (temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then he recited: "O you who believe! Do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you."

Bukhari (52:260) - Right to kill for apostasy
Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Bukhari (89:271) - Apostasy
A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle.

Qu'ran (33:50) - Women are but possessions of the people they took captive, "what your right hand possesses". Also, they can be made wives by their new owners.
O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who fled with you; and a believing woman if she gave herself to the Prophet, if the Prophet desired to marry her-- specially for you, not for the (rest of) believers; We know what We have ordained for them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess in order that no blame may attach to you; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Unless you're an imam, I don't expect you to answer these. And these are but a few of the qualms I have with the teachings. Did he struggle to say that all people were equal? Or did he make a harsh distinction between Muslims and non-Muslims, between women and men?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-04 17:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
you guys and your worthless religious views. Don't you all understand that this is a thread about cats...

hellz yez.

catz.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23