Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23
By Keiya 2010-05-03 20:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
I have a question, right now I'm actually watching a series about arabic culture and what not... they just said something about the celebration of the virgin, when a woman marries and she has sex with her husband and the sheets are stained, she is worthy of being his wife, but i dont understand something though, how is that possible? its prooven today that not every woman bleeds on her first time, hymens can break beforehand, when I had my first time I didn't bleed.
so how does that work? though just asking, im not questioning and I expect a mature answer, thankyou.

That's an old custom in some families (very few families do this now) some of them even show their families that she's virgin

The thing is there are some men who still believe in this and very very few of them may end up killing her if she did not bleed (because he think she already did it with someone else)

due to lack knowledge about the virgin and that makes most of arabian women so afraid of getting marry.

But again it's an old custom people now started to get educated about this :)

Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
he had always been on drugs, I dont know how I let that pass by. I think weed is a fine fun trip, it seemed like he was just like anyone else doing weed for fun, truth was he couldn't control his anger with out it and he was hooked with other things I didn't know of. Then again, I try not to be around those kind of people, so I wouldn't had noticed really, excuse my naiveness on that fact, now I know better atleast. And again, do drugs or not, he was still abusive/controling, how did he expect me to submit to all his ***-rules? Gosh, he couldn't believe it when I went against him and dumped his sorry ***, I don't even count him as an ex, more like a big mistake I learned from.
Marijuana isn't a drug, it's an herb. Drugs are synthetic, they are made. Chances are the 'nice guy' persona was him calmed by the effects of the weed.
He is *** up, he's on more meds now than before, I don't want that kind of man near me and less likely my son, that could fall innocent to that hand. I'd rather run away than let him have us. but I'm not running away, I'm facing him in court and I'm also saying his several death threats to hurt me and what not. and I hope the judge comes up with a system that protects me and my child and makes him also take responsability, he's not getting away that easily from me.
His name isn't Eric, is it?
Juan Pablo. But if it sounds like someone you know, means that kind of man exists in too many numbers. I still do believe good men are out there, and hopefully I will get my paws on one, when I'm ready to put effort on a relationship, for now I have to dedicate myself to one little man.

'Eric' has a bipolar condition. Maybe this Juan does, too. I doubt you care. I know I don't.

You are very observant to realize I don't give a ***about him and his life. I only care about my son which is sadly also his... so at some point, if he desires to get close to his son which he doubts for no apparent reason that I've given him, I will let him, but I will have to really be more attentive over him. Outside influences can destroy the work I will put on my son, I will not let a douche bag plant hatred on him.

and really, no, I don't care about him, he could die and I'd be as indifferent.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
he had always been on drugs, I dont know how I let that pass by. I think weed is a fine fun trip, it seemed like he was just like anyone else doing weed for fun, truth was he couldn't control his anger with out it and he was hooked with other things I didn't know of. Then again, I try not to be around those kind of people, so I wouldn't had noticed really, excuse my naiveness on that fact, now I know better atleast. And again, do drugs or not, he was still abusive/controling, how did he expect me to submit to all his ***-rules? Gosh, he couldn't believe it when I went against him and dumped his sorry ***, I don't even count him as an ex, more like a big mistake I learned from.

Marijuana isn't a drug, it's an herb. Drugs are synthetic, they are made. Chances are the 'nice guy' persona was him calmed by the effects of the weed.

He is *** up, he's on more meds now than before, I don't want that kind of man near me and less likely my son, that could fall innocent to that hand. I'd rather run away than let him have us. but I'm not running away, I'm facing him in court and I'm also saying his several death threats to hurt me and what not. and I hope the judge comes up with a system that protects me and my child and makes him also take responsability, he's not getting away that easily from me.

And it sounds like you did the right thing keeping your son out of that environment of an unhealthy relationship. I'm glad you could stand up for yourself, there are too many out there who simply "stay together for the kids", while more often than not, it would be better to leave.

On a side note, at one of my friend's house, we could hear a neighbor yelling at his wife which led to beating. The police came by for a while, and then left. Days later, my friend tells me the same thing happened again, just without police. This was all about a year ago, and they are still together. My friend says he still hears arguments from them from time to time. I guess my question is.. why do they still put up with it?

I get judged over being a single mother already and I'm still pregnant, people give me the weird look when I tell them I'm alone, I'd rather get that *** than let a worthless insecure man rule over my head.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
And it sounds like you did the right thing keeping your son out of that environment of an unhealthy relationship. I'm glad you could stand up for yourself, there are too many out there who simply "stay together for the kids", while more often than not, it would be better to leave. On a side note, at one of my friend's house, we could hear a neighbor yelling at his wife which led to beating. The police came by for a while, and then left. Days later, my friend tells me the same thing happened again, just without police. This was all about a year ago, and they are still together. My friend says he still hears arguments from them from time to time. I guess my question is.. why do they still put up with it?
I get judged over being a single mother already and I'm still pregnant, people give me the weird look when I tell them I'm alone, I'd rather get that *** than let a worthless insecure man rule over my head.

It's 2010, where do you live, a retirement center?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Keiya said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
I have a question, right now I'm actually watching a series about arabic culture and what not... they just said something about the celebration of the virgin, when a woman marries and she has sex with her husband and the sheets are stained, she is worthy of being his wife, but i dont understand something though, how is that possible? its prooven today that not every woman bleeds on her first time, hymens can break beforehand, when I had my first time I didn't bleed.
so how does that work? though just asking, im not questioning and I expect a mature answer, thankyou.

That's an old custom in some families (very few families do this now) some of them even show their families that she's virgin

The thing is there are some men who still believe in this and very very few of them may end up killing her if she did not bleed (because he think she already did it with someone else)

due to lack knowledge about the virgin and that makes most of arabian women so afraid of getting marry.

But again it's an old custom people now started to get educated about this :)

Yes but some people refuse to live on 2010 because they are afraid to come out of that shell and face their own life and fears, and therefor, innocent blood is spilled.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Keiya said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
I have a question, right now I'm actually watching a series about arabic culture and what not... they just said something about the celebration of the virgin, when a woman marries and she has sex with her husband and the sheets are stained, she is worthy of being his wife, but i dont understand something though, how is that possible? its prooven today that not every woman bleeds on her first time, hymens can break beforehand, when I had my first time I didn't bleed. so how does that work? though just asking, im not questioning and I expect a mature answer, thankyou.
That's an old custom in some families (very few families do this now) some of them even show their families that she's virgin The thing is there are some men who still believe in this and very very few of them may end up killing her if she did not bleed (because he think she already did it with someone else) due to lack knowledge about the virgin and that makes most of arabian women so afraid of getting marry. But again it's an old custom people now started to get educated about this :)
Yes but some people refuse to live on 2010 because they are afraid to come out of that shell and face their own life and fears, and therefor, innocent blood is spilled.

I've always had a slight feeling that God actually DID come up with religion. I believe it was Charles Darwin who referred to it as 'natural selection.'
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
And it sounds like you did the right thing keeping your son out of that environment of an unhealthy relationship. I'm glad you could stand up for yourself, there are too many out there who simply "stay together for the kids", while more often than not, it would be better to leave. On a side note, at one of my friend's house, we could hear a neighbor yelling at his wife which led to beating. The police came by for a while, and then left. Days later, my friend tells me the same thing happened again, just without police. This was all about a year ago, and they are still together. My friend says he still hears arguments from them from time to time. I guess my question is.. why do they still put up with it?

Actually people just do it for being ***, i mostly got that *** from people from university, they felt like laughing at me and going like 'haha *** is knocked up'

Right. Better knocked up than STDs like some of them.

and you'd be surprised to realize that it doesnt take a retirement center to find weak people on this world, that would feel weak and helpless with a child alone and would rather adopt/abort. so infact, its not that the people around me are old-fashioned, it's that they are weak.

Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Actually people just do it for being ***, i mostly got that *** from people from university, they felt like laughing at me and going like 'haha *** is knocked up' Right. Better knocked up than STDs like some of them. and you'd be surprised to realize that it doesnt take a retirement center to find weak people on this world, that would feel weak and helpless with a child alone and would rather adopt/abort. so infact, its not that the people around me are old-fashioned, it's that they are weak.

I mean, it takes someone 80-90 years old to think of a single parent as taboo.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Keiya said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
I have a question, right now I'm actually watching a series about arabic culture and what not... they just said something about the celebration of the virgin, when a woman marries and she has sex with her husband and the sheets are stained, she is worthy of being his wife, but i dont understand something though, how is that possible? its prooven today that not every woman bleeds on her first time, hymens can break beforehand, when I had my first time I didn't bleed. so how does that work? though just asking, im not questioning and I expect a mature answer, thankyou.
That's an old custom in some families (very few families do this now) some of them even show their families that she's virgin The thing is there are some men who still believe in this and very very few of them may end up killing her if she did not bleed (because he think she already did it with someone else) due to lack knowledge about the virgin and that makes most of arabian women so afraid of getting marry. But again it's an old custom people now started to get educated about this :)

I've always had a slight feeling that God actually DID come up with religion. I believe it was Charles Darwin who referred to it as 'natural selection.'

if god existed on my mind, that argument would be valid.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Actually people just do it for being ***, i mostly got that *** from people from university, they felt like laughing at me and going like 'haha *** is knocked up' Right. Better knocked up than STDs like some of them. and you'd be surprised to realize that it doesnt take a retirement center to find weak people on this world, that would feel weak and helpless with a child alone and would rather adopt/abort. so infact, its not that the people around me are old-fashioned, it's that they are weak.

and it takes a couple of 12-25 year olds to think so aswell.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Keiya said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I was making a joke, 'natural selection' is basically 'survival of the fittest' the weak, defected, and stupid die of their own disadvantages, whereas the strong, and smart live to procreate.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

then again, mostly everyone around that age ive told im pregnant go like 'welp time for an abortion'

What the ***? no one asked if I needed advice if I should get one, STFU and say congratulations, no one asked opinions.

Darki /raged.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
then again, mostly everyone around that age ive told im pregnant go like 'welp time for an abortion' What the ***? no one asked if I needed advice if I should get one, STFU and say congratulations, no one asked opinions. Darki /raged.

Are you older than 16?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Keiya said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I was making a joke, 'natural selection' is basically 'survival of the fittest' the weak, defected, and stupid die of their own disadvantages, whereas the strong, and smart live to procreate.

I was also kidding about the argument being valid... theres no way a bunch of christians with more insecurityes than anyone on this world would survive... lolz..
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
then again, mostly everyone around that age ive told im pregnant go like 'welp time for an abortion' What the ***? no one asked if I needed advice if I should get one, STFU and say congratulations, no one asked opinions. Darki /raged.

Are you older than 16?

I didn't know 16 year olds could have a couple years on them on university.... Just saying.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Are you older than 16?
I didn't know 16 year olds could have a couple years on them on university.... Just saying.

Some High Schools allow you to take courses for both College and High School credit. Point was, if you're older than 16-18, pregnancy isn't a big deal, especially after 18. now 12-14 and pregnant.. Yeah. and still 16 is pushing it.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Are you older than 16?

Some High Schools allow you to take courses for both College and High School credit. Point was, if you're older than 16-18, pregnancy isn't a big deal, especially after 18. now 12-14 and pregnant.. Yeah. and still 16 is pushing it.

12 is a pretty early age to start even thinking of sex, there are the parents to blame right there at some level.
and I'm almost 19. getting pregnant did not seem like a big deal, just wasn't ready, but other people make it seem like I'm 12 and can't handle my life.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Are you older than 16?
12 is a pretty early age to start even thinking of sex, there are the parents to blame right there at some level. and I'm almost 19. getting pregnant did not seem like a big deal, just wasn't ready, but other people make it seem like I'm 12 and can't handle my life.

Then tell them to kiss your motherly ***, it's 2010.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

*** yeah
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 20:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, my FFT A2 is ordered, my hair is dry, my allergy meds kicked in, I'm off to bed. Take it easy.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

night
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 20:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

btw

reasons to love their culture.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-05-03 21:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming wall of text. A catchup needs to be done, I guess >.>

Considering my points have barely been touched, I'm not really hoping for actual answers (edit: anymore, after 15 pages of wishing for it). But hey, at least we have some people talking about Islam. If you are offended, just ignore the stupid posts and you will survive through it.

Thanks for every civilized comment, both from some Muslims or some others. I had to go through a moderate amount BS to find them, but I did read everything and somehow there was a discussion going on, in between the trolling.

I doubt every Muslim in here realized that even though what I say may be incorrect about Islam, it is without too much pretension, I do not pretend to know everything about you, and clearly stated that I am hoping for answers. Even as a Muslim, therefore human just like me, you do not know everything about Islam, and you know even less about atheism, etc. But you will never learn without asking questions or if you're afraid to have people correct you.

For atheists, it's normal to feel that religion is not special in anyway, sorry if it's annoying but it can't be helped. It deserves to be criticized just as much as any other subject, it does not have a privileged status. To anyone who feels religion is a special subject needing to be handled with care: Not in my culture, and neither in your Internets.

I have a suggestion... For a change, how about saying all kinds of positive stuff about Islam and Christianity. We can make a whole list. And then think about it for a while, about all these nice things you can find in religion... and you'll realize that you can find them all, in most people, in most countries, in most religions, in most everything you can think of. You find them in humans. Because religion comes from humans, it has good. It's not that hard to understand.

I'm all for improving religions by removing the *** in them. Islam is a religion that teaches tolerance? I encourage tolerance too. Christianity tells you to be good towards the poor and the afflicted. I tell you the same. Islam tells you not to *** around? I waited until 20 to find the right girl, and now almost 9 years later we're still together and faithful. This is our atheist choice, we didn't need the pope to tell us. Religion does not make people good. If you need God to tell you not to steal my stuff or try to kill me, you should seriously consider a psychiatrist because you're a potential time-bomb.

Why people try to defend their religion by stating a bunch of nice things that you can find in them is cute. Using Stalin as an example of Atheism gone WRONG, and then saying we shouldn't point at religion but focus on the EXTREMISTS is just funny. Because you all know that if a Catholic or Muslim steals or kills, it's not necessarily in the name of God, it may be because he's just crazy. Fact: some killing is done in the name of religion, whether or not it's because of religion is up to interpretations. But when you see some idiots on TV saying "fix your women" or "behead those who insult Allah" and no religious figures telling them to behave... Think about it: these guys are believing so strongly that they'd die for their God, all it would take is some Imam telling them to shut up because Allah is mad at them. But nothing ever happens. Just silence and more useless prayers.

People do not need religion, they just need to try to be good, the rest of what you can find in religion, besides being good and "tolerant" is not even worth mentioning so much its missing evidence and puts useless restraints on your life.

Tolerance! Hell yeah. Discussion without killing people. Yes, sir. Loving and helping those in need? All for it. Statements without evidence? Do me a favor and toss them in the trash. Don't recycle it. Burn it if you must.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-03 21:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
And I was not looking for a bad man deep down, I thought he was good, trust me he turned way differently at the end of the road, right now he's not around either.
Phoenix.Darki said:
he had always been on drugs

Something's wrong here.
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Marijuana can also be laced with synthetics.
Quote:
I'm not really hoping for actual answers

You never want actual answers. You just want to bastardize religion in every way possible to raise your own self-esteem and make yourself feel worthwhile. It's useless to have a dialogue with someone as closed-minded as you.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 21:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP is back after 16pages of discussion/trolling by others....

Sup
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 21:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
And I was not looking for a bad man deep down, I thought he was good, trust me he turned way differently at the end of the road, right now he's not around either.
Phoenix.Darki said:
he had always been on drugs

Something's wrong here.
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Marijuana can also be laced with synthetics.
Quote:
I'm not really hoping for actual answers

You never want actual answers. You just want to bastardize religion in every way possible to raise your own self-esteem and make yourself feel worthwhile. It's useless to have a dialogue with someone as closed-minded as you.

whut dude? we just had a heart to heart chat and you come in talking about nonsence? gtfo.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 21:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:

Considering my points have barely been touched, I'm not really hoping for actual answers. But hey, at least we have some people talking about Islam. If you are offended, just ignore the stupid posts and you will survive through it.

Thanks for every civilized comment, both from some Muslims or some others. I had to go through a lot of BS to find them, but I did read everything and somehow there was a discussion going on, in between the trolling.

I doubt every Muslim in here realized that even though what I say may be incorrect about Islam, it is without too much pretension, I do not pretend to know everything about you, and clearly stated that I am hoping for answers. Even as a Muslim, therefore human just like me, you do not know everything about Islam, and you know even less about atheism, etc. But you will never learn without asking questions or if you're afraid to have people correct you. For atheists, it's normal to feel that religion is not special in anyway, sorry if it's annoying but it can't be helped. It deserves to be criticized just as much as any other subject, it does not have a privileged status. To anyone who feels religion is a special subject needing to be handled with care: Not in my culture, and neither in your Internets.

I have a suggestion... For a change, how about saying all kinds of positive stuff about Islam and Christianity. We can make a whole list. And then think about it for a while, about all these nice things you can find in religion... and you'll realize that you can find them all, in most people, in most countries, in most religions, in most everything you can think of. You find them in humans. Because religion comes from humans, it has good. It's not that hard to understand.

I'm all for improving religions by removing the *** in them. Islam is a religion that teaches tolerance? I encourage tolerance too. Christianity tells you to be good towards the poor and the afflicted. I tell you the same. Islam tells you not to *** around? I waited until 20 to find the right girl, and now almost 9 years later we're still together and faithful. This is our atheist choice, we didn't need the pope to tell us. Religion does not make people good. If you need God to tell you not to steal my stuff or try to kill me, you should seriously consider a psychiatrist because you're a potential time-bomb.

Why people try to defend their religion by stating a bunch of nice things is cute. Using Stalin as an example of Atheism gone WRONG, and then saying we shouldn't blame the EXTREMISTS for the crusades is just funny. People do not need religion, they just need to try to be good, the rest of what you can find in religion, besides being good and "tolerant" is not even worth mentioning so much its missing evidence and puts useless restraints on your life.

Tolerance! Hell yeah. Discussion without killing people. Yes, sir. Loving and helping those in need? All for it. Statements without evidence? Do me a favor and toss them in the trash. Don't recycle it. Burn it if you must.

I read through all this text, i never got answered over the women that are actual virgins and dont bleed...

so off with theyre heads...religion is what people make it at the end of the day..
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 21:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, OMG I am totally awesome people need to lighten up?

Without humor in our lives we will not get far
By Trebold 2010-05-03 21:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

Considering my points have barely been touched, I'm not really hoping for actual answers. But hey, at least we have some people talking about Islam. If you are offended, just ignore the stupid posts and you will survive through it.

Thanks for every civilized comment, both from some Muslims or some others. I had to go through a lot of BS to find them, but I did read everything and somehow there was a discussion going on, in between the trolling.

I doubt every Muslim in here realized that even though what I say may be incorrect about Islam, it is without too much pretension, I do not pretend to know everything about you, and clearly stated that I am hoping for answers. Even as a Muslim, therefore human just like me, you do not know everything about Islam, and you know even less about atheism, etc. But you will never learn without asking questions or if you're afraid to have people correct you. For atheists, it's normal to feel that religion is not special in anyway, sorry if it's annoying but it can't be helped. It deserves to be criticized just as much as any other subject, it does not have a privileged status. To anyone who feels religion is a special subject needing to be handled with care: Not in my culture, and neither in your Internets.

Why people try to defend their religion by stating a bunch of nice things is cute. Using Stalin as an example of Atheism gone WRONG, and then saying we shouldn't blame the EXTREMISTS for the crusades is just funny. People do not need religion, they just need to try to be good, the rest of what you can find in religion, besides being good and "tolerant" is not even worth mentioning so much its missing evidence and puts useless restraints on your life.

I read through all this text, i never got answered over the women that are actual virgins and dont bleed...

so off with theyre heads...religion is what people make it at the end of the day..

I think this applies.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 21:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

I think this applies.

Lol. whatever, he just sounded like some preacher from a christian church honestly.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23