Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 17:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
This thread is out of control. Stop making such heated topics. Talk about something less controversial like abortion.

Or Female Genital Mutilation.

Post deleted by User.
By Trebold 2010-05-03 17:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you familiar with the animal phenomena of empathy? That humans naturally feel empathy towards other humans unless taught otherwise. Also, note the fact that many children are forced to memorize the Qu'ran to appease their parents. That would be all fine and dandy... if the Qu'ran didn't have such hideous dehumanizing passages in it...

"Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures." (98:6)

"Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe." (8:55)

"Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful." (7:179)

There are more, lots more, stating that unbelievers aren't even human.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 17:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Are you familiar with the animal phenomena of empathy? That humans naturally feel empathy towards other humans unless taught otherwise. Also, note the fact that many children are forced to memorize the Qu'ran to appease their parents. That would be all fine and dandy... if the Qu'ran didn't have such hideous dehumanizing passages in it... "Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures." (98:6) "Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe." (8:55) "Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful." (7:179) There are more, lots more, stating that unbelievers aren't even human.

Meh, I'd rather not be human, humans are *** stupid by nature.
By Trebold 2010-05-03 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
So basically your trying to create an argument with God?

That makes perfect sense!

All this time I thought you didn't like me.

And then you get people, who actually believe that all this trash is the word of God.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 17:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Trebold said:
Are you familiar with the animal phenomena of empathy? That humans naturally feel empathy towards other humans unless taught otherwise. Also, note the fact that many children are forced to memorize the Qu'ran to appease their parents. That would be all fine and dandy... if the Qu'ran didn't have such hideous dehumanizing passages in it... "Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures." (98:6) "Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe." (8:55) "Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful." (7:179) There are more, lots more, stating that unbelievers aren't even human.

Meh, I'd rather not be human, humans are *** stupid by nature.
don't forget evil.

I have been saying that for years
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-05-03 17:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angering it deeply?

#1 Islam is a religion and not something that can have feelings.

#2 The question is very general and loaded with what seems like racism by the blanket generalized assumption of a negative reaction tied to a faith not of your own.

#3 Islamic people are not like the Borg on Star Trek with one over mind or something like that.

#4 Get off your high horse and take your head out of your ***

If you are lets say, a christian, which is obvious given the high ingorance question, than do you think all christians are pissed alongside you for some junk you heard in your head or on TV? Common sense tells me it's highly unprobable.

Even folks of other religions than you value indapendant thought. The only reason you assume that Islamic folk are so co-dependant for thoughts is because you yourself look to a religious authority or TV person for how to think and what to think and are projecting yourself onto an entire religion and than casting out that crap as what you think is an interesting question. Now go back to your Fox tv and feel those feeling you like to feel, the feeling of xenophibia fueled hatred.

[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 17:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We are not going to solve anything on here. Just offend someone even more. Peoples feeling will always be hurt when talking about religion.

There has to be an open dialog if people want to solve the problems that we currently have. Our leaders just cant ignore the matter like nothing is going on and think that it will simply go away.

After all, dont we all want to live in peace? How do we do that without offending anyone? I do not have an answer, do you?
By Trebold 2010-05-03 17:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Zoey said:
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angering it deeply?

#1 Islam is a religion and not something that can have feelings.

#2 The question is very general and loaded with what seems like racism by the blanket generalized assumption of a negative reaction tied to a faith not of your own.

#3 Islamic people are not like the Borg on Star Trek with one over mind or something like that.

#4 Get off your high horse and take your head out of your ***

If you are lets say, a christian, which is obvious given the high ingorance question, than do you think all christians are pissed alongside you for some junk you heard in your head or on TV? Common sense tells me it's highly unprobable.

Even folks of other religions than you value indapendant thought. The only reason you assume that Islamic folk are so co-dependant for thoughts is because you yourself look to a religious authority or TV person for how to think and what to think and are projecting yourself onto an entire religion and than casting out that crap as what you think is an interesting question. Now go back to your Fox tv and feel those feeling you like to feel, the feeling of xenophibia fueled hatred.

improbable

Actually, I'm not religious at all. But no other religion challenges the human-rights of people as often and as cruelly as Islam does. That is where I draw my line.

Post deleted by User.
By Trebold 2010-05-03 17:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
We are not going to solve anything on here. Just offend someone even more. Peoples feeling will always be hurt when talking about religion.

There has to be an open dialog if people want to solve the problems that we currently have. Our leaders just cant ignore the matter like nothing is going on and think that it will simply go away.

After all, dont we all want to live in peace? How do we do that without offending anyone? I do not have an answer, do you?

Well spoken.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 17:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
don't forget evil. I have been saying that for years

It's just, in my eyes, people are living every day of their lives by books written, millenia ago. Be it that they are interpreting it wrong or not, it is MY personal belief that to not question something written by man 1000, 2000, 3000 years ago is stupid. What if everyone is right about God, but wrong about religion? "Heavenly Father, my Lord & Savior, I vanquished millions of non-believers for you, following the teachings of..." "You followed what? Written by WHO? Oh, he's been in hell for 2000 years, by the way, tell him I said 'hello'." Then what? I'd rather take my chances with neutrality, myself.
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 17:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I think what bothers people about Muslims the most is, there is no camp training people to spread the word in any religion, there is no camp training people to enjoy life, but there are camps in Afghanistan and possibly other places we don't know of that are training radicals.

Islam has the largest radical/rational population in all religions. You can't deny that.

What do you call Southern States? Catholic Schools? etc.. Come on, do you honestly believe half the people in our red states are all about cultural tolerance or closet racists desperately trying to cling to maintaining their circles of like-minded individuals?
 Seraph.Zoey
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-05-03 17:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There are over a billion Islamic folk on Earth. Not all of them are that Cleric which runs Iran.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 17:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Dunno about that. The Hindu caste system was pretty harsh..

unless being untouchable is your kind of thing..
That is true, look at Buddhism.

6 levels of reincarnation, all of which you don't know even if you are good and all that.
By Trebold 2010-05-03 17:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:

It's just, in my eyes, people are living every day of their lives by books written, millenia ago. Be it that they are interpreting it wrong or not, it is MY personal belief that to not question something written by man 1000, 2000, 3000 years ago is stupid. What if everyone is right about God, but wrong about religion? "Heavenly Father, my Lord & Savior, I vanquished millions of non-believers for you, following the teachings of..." "You followed what? Written by WHO? Oh, he's been in hell for 2000 years, by the way, tell him I said 'hello'." Then what? I'd rather take my chances with neutrality, myself.

lol, this made me giggle.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 17:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:

How so?
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold, feel free to shoot me a PM if you're really interested.
 Seraph.Rafik
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-03 18:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me this.

What normal human being will blow themselves up?

It does not matter what religion they are, because they are mostly Fanatical, Radical or an Extremist. Every religion has its own nut.

Why do they do what they do? That is the million dollar question.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 18:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

*** google with their singlemuslim.com ads, lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-03 18:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
Asura.Korpg said:
I think what bothers people about Muslims the most is, there is no camp training people to spread the word in any religion, there is no camp training people to enjoy life, but there are camps in Afghanistan and possibly other places we don't know of that are training radicals.

Islam has the largest radical/rational population in all religions. You can't deny that.

What do you call Southern States? Catholic Schools? etc.. Come on, do you honestly believe half the people in our red states are all about cultural tolerance or closet racists desperately trying to cling to maintaining their circles of like-minded individuals?
Now you are just generalizing.

Every southerner is a radical? When did that happen?

I didn't say there were no such things as radicals outside of Islam, I said that there are more radical/rational people in Islamic communities than there are in any other religion.

You are assuming too much, go back to doing whatever you were doing before you came here on this thread.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-05-03 18:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Tell me this.

What normal human being will blow themselves up?

It does not matter what religion they are, because they are mostly Fanatical, Radical or an Extremist. Every religion hast its own nut.

Why do they do what they do? That is the million dollar question.

They would do it for a Klondike Bar :)

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 18:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Tell me this. What normal human being will blow themselves up? It does not matter what religion they are, because they are mostly Fanatical, Radical or an Extremist. Every religion hast its own nut. Why do they do what they do? That is the million dollar question.

Well, if it's a Christian doing it, it's probibly insanity. If it's a Muslim doing it, it's probably because someone has manipulated him to do so, or it could be insanity.
By Trebold 2010-05-03 18:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:

How so?

In a good way, that you've made a good point.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-03 18:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Trebold said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
How so?
In a good way, that you've made a good point.

Ah.
Fairy.Maimed said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Tell me this. What normal human being will blow themselves up? It does not matter what religion they are, because they are mostly Fanatical, Radical or an Extremist. Every religion hast its own nut. Why do they do what they do? That is the million dollar question.
They would do it for a Klondike Bar :)

"Hey, Lee Harvey Oswald, what would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?"

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23