Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Quit like a Cat
Quit like a Cat
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-05-02 09:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Looks like Ashbringer is in the wrong career. He obviously shouldn't be involved in customer service.

Actually I am in the perfect career. I love helping people that genuinely need help. I also love telling little snots that are born to make peoples lives difficult to gtfo.

It does seem that people confuse a GM service with a Santa style wish list, that must be fulfilled. No matter what the request, its "Perfectly ok cause its a virtual world, why the hell can you not do this?". It is not a wish list, it is a request service and nothing more, if they say tough bananas, then go away and stop crying.

My theory: If you want help, and you don't make any attempt to help yourself, you can eat a load of goat spooge for all I care, but if you at least try to help yourself, or accept that it is your fault or not shout and abuse people who are just trying to help you, then I have all the time in the world for you.

Customer Service is not a submissive role, if someone is being a ***, the way CS has evolved tells us we can tell them this, and tell em to get lost, which in my opinion is very fair. You wan't to be abusive, go shout at your parents for not using a condom that night.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-02 10:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
No one cares.

Obviously not. This thread is 4 pages of people QQing about what this guy did. Let's forget the fact that the majority of the people posting aren't on the OP's server, and didn't help him attain any of that gear. It's still a "slap in the face." Yet, they don't care? Interesting.
Quote:
The point was, when she returns, which inevitably she will (or he, gender wasnt specified), they will make a GM ticket asking for everything back. They will most likely make up some crap that they got hacked, which won't help them at all. They will then have an investigation done, only to be told that their stuff is gone for good. They will then kick and scream at the poor GM who picks up their stupid *** moron ticket.

You sound like such the expert on the subject. Except you forgot to mention the part where you don't know ***. SE allows one character restoration per account if you don't have a security token. If you do have a security token, it's infinite. They wouldn't offer this service if they didn't feel like doing the legwork. They could just say "Screw you, you deleted your ***. It's your problem, not ours. Start over again."

Secondly, the OP doesn't need to make up an excuse as to why his character is gone. They'll restore it if he said "I got sick of the game and quit. I deleted my character and dropped all my stuff." As long as he has a date of when the deletion occurred, he can have it restored no problem. They aren't going to deny restoration simply because he deleted his account, ESPECIALLY since they are hurting for membership in the first place.

And what leading MMO are you a GM for again? Because I can assure you that GMing on some kid's private WoW server is hardly the same thing.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-02 10:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no... Cerberus.Katarzyna is back and about to rip the QQ people a new one... do what your tooth filled vag does best!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-02 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
No one cares.

Obviously not. This thread is 4 pages of people QQing about what this guy did

We have to let him know no one cares though.

If you're going to quit, then just quit. You don't need to take screen shots or make a youtube video of it, unless you're seeking attention.
Quote:
ESPECIALLY since they are hurting for membership in the first place.

I thought they were getting rid of people in 11 so more people will play 14 instead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Selim
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wanderer
By Quetzalcoatl.Selim 2010-05-02 11:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

See ya in 6 months!
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-05-02 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
No one cares.

Obviously not. This thread is 4 pages of people QQing about what this guy did. Let's forget the fact that the majority of the people posting aren't on the OP's server, and didn't help him attain any of that gear. It's still a "slap in the face." Yet, they don't care? Interesting.
Quote:
The point was, when she returns, which inevitably she will (or he, gender wasnt specified), they will make a GM ticket asking for everything back. They will most likely make up some crap that they got hacked, which won't help them at all. They will then have an investigation done, only to be told that their stuff is gone for good. They will then kick and scream at the poor GM who picks up their stupid *** moron ticket.

You sound like such the expert on the subject. Except you forgot to mention the part where you don't know ***. SE allows one character restoration per account if you don't have a security token. If you do have a security token, it's infinite. They wouldn't offer this service if they didn't feel like doing the legwork. They could just say "Screw you, you deleted your ***. It's your problem, not ours. Start over again."

Secondly, the OP doesn't need to make up an excuse as to why his character is gone. They'll restore it if he said "I got sick of the game and quit. I deleted my character and dropped all my stuff." As long as he has a date of when the deletion occurred, he can have it restored no problem. They aren't going to deny restoration simply because he deleted his account, ESPECIALLY since they are hurting for membership in the first place.

And what leading MMO are you a GM for again? Because I can assure you that GMing on some kid's private WoW server is hardly the same thing.

Reading Comprehension -1.

I said when they come back and the GM tells them they cannot get their stuff back (assuming they have either done this before, it is outside of the log range, or not able to locate the loss) the player will kick and scream and hurl abuse.

This happens about 3-5 times a week for me.

I just slowly shake my head, and pity our human race more and more.

Also if I was able to tell you which game I GM for, I wouldn't type it because it would be the same as me saying I am the president, or I am Madonna, this is the internet, people make stuff up, so I couldn't offer much proof even if I did tell you. I do GM for another game though, and it is my full time job, not a private server, or some second rate turd.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-02 20:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, let's see here....

I met Azura about... gawd, 3, 4 years back? It's been so long I can't remember. What I do remember is that he was this amazingly helpful--and skilled--Thief. Given there were and are other skilled THFs, I remember jokingly giving him my personal nickname of "PWNTEEF," because of how much I looked up to him as a player, but most of all, as a friend.

I still look at my Gallant Surcoat, Coronet, and Parade Gorget with enormous gratitude--How long did it take to farm up that damned key killing demon after demon with your THF in Castle Zvahl Baileys? I remember 7 hours one night, but the key still hadn't dropped by then, hahahaha.... And then running around Garlaige Citadel like, 3 times with Jc, Kiyo, and Blind, just to find that one stupid chest. I also remember him helping me with that Parade Gorget, popping it 3 times before it finally dropped, AND THEN got a friend of mine one, as well. He didn't have to, but he did.

He "raised" his roommate and our mutual close friend Blindphleb quite well, I might add. He never spoon-fed the guy nor completely neglected him to fend for himself. Blind pretty much started the game off with what I feel was the best possible upbringing.

He used to camp Argus... a LOT. And Hoo Mjuu the Torrent--his drinking buddy. I remember Blind was the one who got claim on the very first drop... XD with Stun, of all things. And Hoo Mjuu's just a ***' tard for not dropping that damned staff any of the 50+ kills.

I remember doing Promyvions for the first time with him and Blind and a few others (Ash, Pump, Saeryn?). I remember Blind singing "A MINIMALL!!!!" while we were all facedown after a failed run. And finding out what "golden showers" were.

I remember him teaching me how to dodge aggro in Qufim after another Promy in which I had... so intelligently aggro'd and killed him and Greiver on the way back from a run. I'm awfully grateful, but I'm not sure if I've learned it quite yet....

I think that was the same night he gave me the nickname "Leaky" because of all the stuff I... tended to blurt out, unaware of the consequences. :x

Oh yeah, and there was that time when I faced him in Diorama, my PLD vs. his RDM, and being slept like... 3 times. I was so frikken furious, kept saying stuff like, "WAKE ME UP, *** D:<" hahahahaa... XD He won, btw. :/

Last of all, I remember him standing up for a friend when no one else would, caring for her when no one else cared. In hindsight, I wholeheartedly regret ever having quarreled with him; my blindness to the situation as a whole and my arrogance to disregard his compassionate actions leave me in shame. I've made my amends, but I'm still left with the regret for having been the cause of the rift in our friendship.

Now, honestly. If you have the gall to say "no one *** cares," I politely ask that you take it back.

There are others who care, and I'm one of them.

So shut the *** up.

PS. I also remember when he got all shitfaced and logged on one night. :3 You should have done that more often, bro....

PPS. D: And how could I forget this moment:

Gonna miss you, Pwnteef. <3
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nightdawn
Server: Ragnarok
user: nightdawn
By Ragnarok.Nightdawn 2010-05-03 00:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here Here Anye~

Though I didn't spend a whole lot of time with Azura I did have the pleasure of doing a few missions and becoming acquainted with them.

I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better Azura. However, I am pleased to have met you. Hope life treats you well and I wish you the best of luck and happiness.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-03 17:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This Thread sux, he got what he wanted. Attention, and make us feel bad.

Yo azura, have fun, but you shouldn't throw things at people like 'haha i have it you dont and look what im doing with it' it really makes people dislike you, just though, for future reference in your REAL life.

and we hope you dont come back in a while whinning on forums 'I CANT GET MY ACC BACK HALP ; ; ' coz we will say

*** you