Automaton Skill Ups In Campain?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Automaton Skill Ups in Campain?
Automaton Skill Ups in Campain?
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-15 13:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So can my automaton gain skilups if i dont get Allied tags? i really ahev problems keep my Automaton up to date ><. Any other advice for this?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-15 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

you dont gain skill-ups during Campaign.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-15 13:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
So can my automaton gain skilups if i dont get Allied tags? i really ahev problems keep my Automaton up to date ><. Any other advice for this?
You could go to cape terrigan and do FOV while getting automaton skill ups.
[+]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-15 13:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ist not so easy to get skilups for ranger auto if you have to solo EM+ mobs to get them. Magic is no problem its theranger that makes me trouble
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-15 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
ist not so easy to get skilups for ranger auto if you have to solo EM mobs to get them. Magic is no problem its theranger that makes me trouble
Grab a friend and duo. My friend leveled rng pup skills while I dia spammed to level my enfeebling on drk. It worked out well for both of us. If your pup is WAY undercapped, got to Vunkerl Inlet and kill crabs there.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-15 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

please refer to this guide on how to skill-up the SharpShot Frame...

How to keep your SharpShot skilled
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-15 13:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

depending on the level of your puppet and your dnc sub, you can solo many a mob while skilling up your rng frame..thats how i did it, or you can level sync to a point where it won't kill your output as much if its a lil under cap for that sync and work from there
 Gilgamesh.Darknes
Server: Gilgamesh
user: darknes
By Gilgamesh.Darknes 2010-04-15 13:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

easyer that this skillup guide ... PUP/SCH

range atak your target (Crab or better work best you can aspir)
once arrow land , you sleep and "Retreive" your automaton , wait for sleep recast , repeat it till monster die , /SCH under dark art give you 250 in enfenbling make crab easy target , and keep your MP full with Aspir and some refresh gear (V.Cloak) i lvl this way from 200 to 279 (merited archery) in 3 day (one more thing , you will tank since Sleep and aspir give more emnity that 2-3 arrow a minute)
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-04-15 13:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be using your Sharpshot frame from 54-75 anyway, and if you're level syncing, you're just being lazy.

Lesser colibri til 59~60
Uncommon, but Aydeewa Subterrane Crawlers/Diremite to 63
Colibri til 66~
Imps/Jnun to 72+
Greater Colibri ~75+

If you're trying anything lower then that, Just grab a buddy, let them tank, and have SS go to town. Otherwise quit being lazy, build your own non-levelsync pts, and skill up then.
[+]
 Shiva.Steo
Server: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-04-15 19:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At 75 you can skill easily and fast in sky against birds as PUP/DNC, have the automaton build tp, then when it uses armour piercer use Ventrioquy, (or Dragon kick/Stringing Pummell to create a SC so hate is on you) be sure to have a good evasion setup and its cake, Hades Sainti and Hermes' Sandals help with hate control.

You can do the FoV there also by switching to RDM or WHM frame against pots, be sure to have a wind maneuver up at start of fights so it will silence them. Once you cap on birds you can cap it fully in a meripo with ease. be sure not to use Drum Magazine attachment when skilling. Scope, Turbo Charger, Stabilizers and Accelerator's are all you need.

For to cap magic go to Beadeaux where the Afflictors are, (so you get cursed). Deploy the automaton against a mob which is out of melee range and it will spam cursna.

Alexander.Dawezy
Server: Alexander
user: Dawezy
By Alexander.Dawezy 2010-04-16 00:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP/DNC on Steelshells on upper levels of Boyahda Tree saw my Auto Ranged Skill capped with relative ease. Keep a nice pool of TP against the Tough crabs, they hit hard but with capped evade and some extra evade gear they dont hit very often. Occasional Korrigan can con as EM/T aswell so you could switch between targets easy enough.

Try camp in either the center of the area around the tree, or the waterfall just before the Cloister of Storms.

I have yet to level /SCH so I cant offer any advice on that front sorry ^^;

Also I figure I should mention for alot of PUPs out there in the same position; DONT devote all your skilling time into Besieged, you WILL get the occasional points however the monsters evasion for any given job will see about 95% of your Automatons ranged attack missing (merits and augmented gear may increase the success rate but only marginally). Figure I should make note of it so you dont get frustrated with your Automatons being destroyed due to a aoe, then sitting there without a revitalizer for 20 mins lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-04-16 06:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if this old old method still works but here it is(pre level sync):

pup/bst charm a marid like 29 times (forgot exact charms needed) by then u will have max hate till the marid dies basically, so keep kiting forever.

Have your puppet equipped with flashbulb and retrieve/put up one light maneuver to flash when a chigo pops (5 max) and it should one shot them. then from there on its as simple as keep running and let ur puppet range the thing to death.

Really there are a million ways to skill up.