Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 40 41 42
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-28 11:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl, my linkshell calls me "Anan" sometimes... I almost called myself that once @_@ (thanks RARA D:)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Bossmaru
Server: Remora
By Remora.Bossmaru 2009-01-28 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

While at the store or some place, My roomie and I saw a pregnant lady with a very young child at her side as well, and I says to my roomie "Look she's going for a chain #1!" then our friend came up and I explained my joke to him as well, since we're all FFXI nerds. We lol'd.

I can't recall any other instances of FFXI-in-real-life moments, but I -know- I've had some. Maybe the time I was camping Leaping Boots for the first time, hardcore, I had dreams about that damn lizard.
 Caitsith.Ryder
Server: Caitsith
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-01-28 12:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I call my RL friend Jedi (Jedimindtricks) and he calls me Ryder, also when we play soccer, I wear a headband and he goes, Stamina + 1, Shin guards, + Agility + 2.. Or when he attemps to cook, I go cooking raises 0.3... lol is funny
[+]
 Bismarck.Homefry
Server: Bismarck
user: Homefry
By Bismarck.Homefry 2009-01-28 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not, let me set abit of background.

I work at a family owned Auto Shop as a Mechanic. I tend to have an MP3 CD-Player going with random disks of music, some game music some other types (And Yes I do own the CDs.)

Now then, While I was in the middle of rebuilding a motor for a Dodge Ram-1500 the level up theme from FF9 came on. I looked at my brother (Oddone in game) and threw my hands up and yelled "Woohoo! Mechanic Craft its 99!" He and one of my friends who also played looked at me funny for a moment before nearly dropping to the ground laughing...

And thus my story is told.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-28 13:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Katela said:
I was at a formal dinner with my family, nans 60th or something. And aftewards my grandad was like, 'so son what you gonna do tonight' without thinking i said.. 'going home to help james get his rank up, he cant do it on his own' silence... pretty sure he thinks im gay.

I just sprayed my drink all over my keyboard at this one.lol
 Siren.Freja
Server: Siren
user: Freja
By Siren.Freja 2009-01-28 13:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny Thread

I play FFXI with several people at work and we use references all day long.

When its smokebreak time the email dings with {Outpost Warp}{Burn}{Do You Need It}{Ready!}

theres a restaurant we go to almost daily and we've come to label all of the wait staff by their level of expertise. The Girls who are amazing are 'Fully Merited', Theres a new waitress whos simply amazing and she had to have 'Bought her account'. Then theres the waitresses that are in a dunes party.

We recently had an ls mate from Cali come to visit us in Mass. I threatened to hold up a sign with his in game name at the airport when we picked him up. I also considered making a 'party hat' (you know the little Green Exclamation mark) and put it on my head at the airport. Although i think security wouldn't know what to do with me and toss me out for being a wierdo.
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-28 13:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Freja said:
We recently had an ls mate from Cali come to visit us in Mass. I threatened to hold up a sign with his in game name at the airport when we picked him up. I also considered making a 'party hat' (you know the little Green Exclamation mark) and put it on my head at the airport. Although i think security wouldn't know what to do with me and toss me out for being a wierdo.

Awesome. I may consider this if I ever visit someone from in game. I'll just show up outside waiting to be picked up with this hat on... LOL

~Yotevol
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-28 14:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
>doing something useful >fishing :/

hehe I get a tiny lil kick outa this.. You have to be oldskool to get this...

I used to go to the old Commodore Vic 20 Promo Sales Model in the old Eaton's dept, and when I saw it , I would go up to it and use the old BASIC language and type almost in the same fashion as this..

This:

>doing something useful
>fishing

:/

As to Oppose to this:

10 Print "Doing something Useful, Fishing"
20 Goto 10
Run
Fish

LMAO!!!

Now tell me thats really oldskool.. I think albeit my old memory.. that was pre 1982-83ish...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-28 14:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
And Warp II, how handy that would be in the workplace ^^
Coworker: Hey, Anye... I know it's really late, *Anye begins casting Warp II.* but I really need you to look over this paperwor--*Coworker vanishes!*

excuse me for the double post, but with fresh new material to work with, its awesome..

Anye.. lol you're absolutely gonna remind me of this...LOL
/please check this..

Hello Anye, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?mmmkkk?
Ahh, I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Thannnnnkkkkks!!

Then cast warp 2... LOL

Remember where this is from???

ROFLMGDAO!!
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-28 14:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
10 Print "Doing something Useful, Fishing"
20 Goto 10
Run
Fish

LMAO!!!

Now tell me thats really oldskool.. I think albeit my old memory.. that was pre 1982-83ish...

OMFG Basic, now there's something I haven't thought about in like a billion years. Used to have a blast writing programs to write/draw the most obscene things back in the day (teacher would find out every once in a while, give me a pained look, and say "now if only you applied yourself to something useful" lol)

And then later on in high school in the windows 3.1 days, I installed Doom on every computer in the computer lab, teacher thought we were working on our typing skills...in reality, most of us were fragging the ***out of each other for an hour a day (what she gets for spending most of the class sitting in her office) lol good times and good memories ^^
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-28 14:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a tendency to play any other game, lets say zelda and think "Huh is link a pld/rng?"
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-28 14:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks #2 . thanks very much. So you an old skooler too!

Awesome!!! Those were the times! Actually were we still pre and post basic b/c we were still using the old cpus that had the trackball built into the cpu and the HD was attached as well with the 5x5 Black Floppy 16 mb discs...

but after that we were using the tiny lil macintoshes with Workbench!

LOL
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-28 15:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Thanks #2 . thanks very much. So you an old skooler too!

Awesome!!! Those were the times! Actually were we still pre and post basic b/c we were still using the old cpus that had the trackball built into the cpu and the HD was attached as well with the 5x5 Black Floppy 16 mb discs...

but after that we were using the tiny lil macintoshes with Workbench!

LOL

Oh yeah, I'm old skool. Back in the good old days, when hard drives were still optional, a 25 MHz CPU was blazing fast, and if you had 4 megs of RAM in your machine you were leetsauce :) Playing Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe at school, all the gravestones saying "Here Lies POOPFACE" when you examine them...and then when we got "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" and the teachers used to yell at us to get off the freaking computer and go outside...got very used to hearing THAT as time went on lol

It's really amazing how far computers have come from back when I was a kid. Going when from floppies actually were floppy, DSDD 3.5" disks coming out ("OMG you can fit an entire MEG on ONE DISK!!!!"), VGA graphics (256 colors, that's CRAZY TALK, it looked SO GOOD! lol)...and now I'm sitting here doing Campaign battles on FFXI, listening to music and typing this at the same time. Gotta love it ^^
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-28 16:02:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just say I'll never see acronyms the same ever again. I remember doing inventory and unloading boxes and one of which was labeled like 376RDM or something. Couldn't help but snicker at that.
 Fairy.Tyh
user: Tyh191
By Fairy.Tyh 2009-01-28 17:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO, i know what thats like Ethereal, a few months back i was working in a warehouse, picking and packing and all that, so i get a item and looking at the label it read DRG75/37.

and when i first started we have ID cards and mine was TYH2783
when i saw it i was all "@_@ OMG"

But like many others i do the /p and /l thing.
In school aswell i alwaysed done the High Jump and Long Jump to see if my DRG's Abilities were working XDD
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-28 17:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Anye said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
And Warp II, how handy that would be in the workplace ^^
Coworker: Hey, Anye... I know it's really late, *Anye begins casting Warp II.* but I really need you to look over this paperwor--*Coworker vanishes!*
excuse me for the double post, but with fresh new material to work with, its awesome.. Anye.. lol you're absolutely gonna remind me of this...LOL /please check this.. Hello Anye, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?mmmkkk? Ahh, I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Thannnnnkkkkks!! Then cast warp 2... LOL Remember where this is from??? ROFLMGDAO!!

ROFLMAO, office space FTW \o/
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-01-29 00:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Countless times i have asked for stacks of things, potato chips, cookies, etc... It just slips out "When you go to the store bring me back a stack of apples"

I'm also very famous among my friends for calling cats mithras, I remember the first time i did it. I was at a friends house and i was trying to catch his cat...
ME: What is your mithra's name?
FRIEND: (without hesitation) Dude, that is a cat, not a mithra. You can obviously tell this by the lack of penis on my cat. We all know every mithra has a penis.
ME: (semi-embarrassed falls out on the floor LMAO)

And last but not least... one time while typing a report for school, while mid sentence I typed "/p AFK", got up and never thought twice about it. Few minutes later i returned to my desk to see this on my screen. all I could do was laugh!!!!
 Sylph.Leumeroc
Server: Sylph
user: leumeroc
By Sylph.Leumeroc 2009-01-29 00:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So my alarm goes off in the morning, and my gf is like "wake up hun or you'll be late for work". my response: "unnnghh..what subjob should i bring?".... >.<
 Sylph.Leumeroc
By Sylph.Leumeroc 2009-01-29 01:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

O...and i also find myself randomly adding <can i have it?> or <do you need it?> to the end of sentences...
 Sylph.Leumeroc
By Sylph.Leumeroc 2009-01-29 01:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

crap sorry for post blitz, but thought of another good one...occasionally get confused when i try to call gf and cant find her in cellphone under in-game name, like "wtf, is she not on my FL anymore?" lol
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-01-29 01:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the goodyear blimp on teevee, and the shoes on it reminded me of Binding boots or whatever from LL. Also I cant look at dragonflys without getting angry anymore (VE)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-29 01:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oric said:
one time while typing a report for school, while mid sentence I typed "/p AFK", got up and never thought twice about it. Few minutes later i returned to my desk to see this on my screen. all I could do was laugh!!!!

Try writing an essay for an English class at 4AM--I noticed I was writing things commonly said in-game wherever possible: "Subsequent" became subligar (my ls was doing some subligar runs in Phomiuna Aqueducts at the time), experience = experience points.... @_@

Also, when typing in an IM to an in-game friend, I told them I FINALLY got <job>, and realized when it sent that it wouldn't convert into PLD75/WAR37. D: On a similar note, I helped my uncle navigate through San Francisco and it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE one-way streets. While looking at the map, I almost asked him what our current <pos> was about 4 times.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-29 02:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leumeroc said:
O...and i also find myself randomly adding <can i="" have="" it?=""> or <do you="" need="" it?=""> to the end of sentences...</do></can>

I do that to! My ls is always talking on vent when we play and we'll talk to each other that way 'cause we're big nerds and and we just do that. Only problem is that I sometimes forget when I'm talking to someone I don't play FFXI with won't understand so I'll be talking to my brother and be like "Remote {Can I have it?}" to which he responds "Duuuuuude why are you talking like that?", I explain and he calls me a nerd, crackhead, or something like that, and then promptly forgets and the whole process repeats a few weeks later because his short term memory is shot.

True story. Really gotta stop doing it on the phone with Mom though...
 Siren.Serik
Server: Siren
user: Serik
By Siren.Serik 2009-01-29 07:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently at college away from home. I travel home about every month and about 3 hours into my trip there is a sign that says "Camp Arthur ->" Everytime I think about King Arthro and the velocious belt that I need to get!
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-29 10:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
one time while typing a report for school, while mid sentence I typed "/p AFK", got up and never thought twice about it. Few minutes later i returned to my desk to see this on my screen. all I could do was laugh!!!!

Yes...
This...
So many late nights in college, this.

Sometimes waking up with keyboard imprints on my face and about 40 /tells from friends asking for help from me 75WHM for a HNM.

Wow, good memories. :-)
Sorry I wasn't there Mashy!

~Yotevol
 Garuda.Firewind
Server: Garuda
user: Firewind
By Garuda.Firewind 2009-01-29 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, So I fly for the Air Force for a living, and out Jet has a chat system on board so the different crew positions can talk. Well anytime someone sends me a message (which I sadly refer to as tells from time to time) I press Ctrl+R to respond. And that shuts down my workstation. /faceplam
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-01-29 12:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a couple...
1. Dreaming about FFXI is a for sure sign of too much FFXI. I once dreamt you could buy Testimonies to fight Maat. I woke up that morning determined to beat Maat only to realize that I didn't have a testimony and well obviously you can't buy them. I was thoroughly disappointed.
2. Saying you sent your friend a tell instead of a text message.
3. Talking about people in game with your friends in rl and your friends have no clue who you're talking about. That's always fun.
 Ramuh.Jennii
Server: Ramuh
user:
By Ramuh.Jennii 2009-01-29 12:38:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

While hanging out with my friends, when I have to leave the group for the bathroom or something like that, I said "AFK {Bio}."

Or like when I have to make relections in my math class such as "How can YOU use linear equations in your daily life?" This is what I wrote:
"Amount of gil that can be made while camping the Devil Manta:"
My teacher thinks I'm pretty odd.

Or another example would be if I ordered pizza or something, and someone asks me to do something, I'd say something like "Sorry, I'm busy camping the pizza guy. His window's almost up." I swear I think my family hates me. x3
 Bahamut.Cyr
Server: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-01-29 13:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Luelle said:

1. Dreaming about FFXI is a for sure sign of too much FFXI. I once dreamt you could buy Testimonies to fight Maat. I woke up that morning determined to beat Maat only to realize that I didn't have a testimony and well obviously you can't buy them. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Damn that Maat. Many a nightmare back when I was trying to beat him as 66mnk, and he kept owning my face :(
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 40 41 42