Return Of Da Nut - Looking For Friends :]

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ifrit » Return of da Nut - Looking for Friends :]
Return of da Nut - Looking for Friends :]
By KingWingnut 2010-04-13 11:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone. Well I started playing FFXI back @ NA Release a loooong time ago, and played for about 2 years, quit, played again from 05-06, quit again lol, then picked it up again back in 2008 for a year, before getting frustrated with the game (and life) and quitting. Since then I've been playing Aion, and a few other MMOs, which have only satisfied me for a few short months. FFXI is where its at, but ONLY if you have friends to party with...

I want to come back to FFXI :]

My Taru on Ifrit, Wingnut, is a 70 Rdm, 66Thf, along with about 10 other jobs to 35+.
All if not most Adv jobs unlocked. If I remember correctly I have a ton of gil still waiting for me :]
It's been almost exactly a year since I quit again.
I would like to reactivate my account, and start having fun again, with the greatest MMO i've ever played.
However, I only want to start up again, if I can find a close knit group of players, that would like to
'static party' together. My schedule is pretty open right now, until college starts again in a couple weeks anyway..

So, Is there anyone out here on Ifrit that wants to either:
A: Roll new Characters, 5 or 6 of us, and start grouping everyday and have fun while grinding. the REAL FF experience, Lets team up and have fun playing the game how its supposed to be played. Fun, friends, quests, and more fun! XD
B: Invite me to your wonderful (active) LS, where we can Party, quest, BCNM, NM hunt, and alll the other great things in FFXI!

FFXI has always had a special place in my heart, and I have always came back to it. My goals (if I do infact return) will be do Grind rdm to 75 in my offtime, grind thf to 75, and complete All of the CoP/TaoU/WotG missions Finally. :]

Please reply here if this sounds at all interesting to you. Im thinking along the lines of, us starting in the next day or 2 with new jobs, and grouping all through Valk/Quf/Kaz and onwaaard! Once we get to a certain point, we can take a small leveling break for missions or anything else. My main goal is just to make new friends, have fun, and enjoy the whole FFXI experience, just like I did when the game First came out in North America :]

~Thankies!
~Sir Wingnutty
[+]
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-04-13 15:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

KingWingnut said:
So, Is there anyone out here on Ifrit that wants to either:
A: Roll new Characters, 5 or 6 of us, and start grouping everyday and have fun while grinding. the REAL FF experience, Lets team up and have fun playing the game how its supposed to be played. Fun, friends, quests, and more fun! XD
I doubt you'd find that many strangers who are looking for the exactly same in-game experiences as you, and who have the identical open schedule as you do.

Why not rejoin FFXI, get reacquainted with the game and maybe some old friends, make new friends, and see where you and your friends/LS want to go from there?

Instead of "My goals! My way! It's all about what I want!", make friends, and ask "Hey, should we do something together? When can we all get together for it?"

[+]
By KingWingnut 2010-04-13 21:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

""My goals! My way! It's all about what I want!"

That is totally no the attitude I have, and if you think there are no other FFXI players out there, that want to enjoy playing in static group, grinding, doing missions, and even organizing PvP, your dead wrong. or extremely misinformed.

The whole point of this post, was to organize something BEFORE I rebuy the game, reactivate my account, install, and update.

Also, from all the RMT bannings I have heard about recently (i.e. going on a year now), for gardening mules, mules with similair names holding Gil for backup, people that farm or camp NMs too much, or even totally legit new players, getting banned after 3 or 4 days of playing, I have been second guessing even returning altogether.

But, needless to say, keep the negative comments to yourself, please. Even if you were trying to help, any decently intellectual human being would already know the little 'tip' you gave about rejoining, finding old friends (which there are probably none of left from years ago) and seeing where it goes from there, in the first place. Sure I could reactivate and run around Jeuno/WG shouting looking for players for a static or wanting to play together, but that would make me seem like an idiot wouldnt it?
Hench the forums.
I would think mature FFXI players would understand that, and just not post altogether if their not interested in whatever subject the post is regarding, rather then bust out with a (semi)elitist attitude, like above.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-04-14 00:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind hanging out. I'm coming back soon myself after several months. I was wrongfully banned, and although SE sent me an email a couple weeks later apologizing, I had already grown temporarily apathetic to rejoining.

Most of my friends have recently quit the game, so aside from my limbus group (if they're still together), I'll have very few obligations. I work a lot, but other than that I'm generally online a lot too. It's gonna take about a week for the paperwork to clear and get me back in the game, but after that I'm pretty much going to be looking for some more friends anyway.

And don't really pay attention to people dissing topics like this. It's a totally social game, there's nothing wrong with wanting some cool people with whom to socialize. =P
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-14 01:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Come see me. I hold several pearl sacks. Some of the LS's are for beginners, some are for more advanced players.If you see me, just ask for a pearl!! Always someone on from these LS's!!!
[+]
By KingWingnut 2010-04-14 11:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpers.
Downloading off steam now, should be able to play in about 8 hours after all the updates and stuff are done.
Looking for an active LS or player wanting to party from 1-75 on new jobs, starting this evening ^.^
Post a reply, hell Ill even get us our own little LS so we can have an official 'static' LS ;D
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-04-15 01:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SE hasn't got me quite set up yet, but it should only be a few more days here. All my jobs are 10+, but after that I have a few I wouldn't mind partying to 75 with you, DRK (which is currently in the 30s) being one I'd particularly like to work on when we reach that point. Till then, I have other jobs I can play with while we party to that level range. =)

And about your other topic, I love CoP. Ask anytime and I'll gladly help out, assuming I'm available at the time. I do those missions just for fun with complete strangers quite often, I like them so much. XD
[+]
 Ifrit.Oldgregg
user: oldgregg
By Ifrit.Oldgregg 2010-04-15 02:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Count me in too, would love to do CoP / ZM / ACP etc

Also, ive got lots of low level jobs i'd love to get to 75 THF/RDM/SMN
[+]
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-04-15 07:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmph. Sorry I came across badly. Hope you enjoy your return.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-15 08:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hey, when you get to CoP 2-5, I'll join ya. Been meanin to do that forever but I lost interest when group /shouts died down.

Welcome back to Ifrit *** :)
[+]
By KingWingnut 2010-04-15 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the interest everyone!

Wingnut is back, took 10 hours of downloading and 6 hours of updates, but im finally logging in!

Feel free to send me a /tell in-game.

Keeria: Let me know when you get on, ill hit you up :)
Oldgregg: sounds great man, send me a /tell anytime and lets start getting something together!
Kungfu: Sounds like a plan, and thanks ***! >:P

NUT - OUT :]
By KingWingnut 2010-04-18 11:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Its kind of disheartening to see some of the cities, so dead and untalkative / unfriendly :/
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-04-18 12:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get discouraged!! There are plenty of really great people left in the game. You might not find them right away but they are out there.
By KingWingnut 2010-04-18 12:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

K help me find them ;D
Looking for a good Linkshell.

Wingnut-Rank 6-Sandy
70 Rdm
66 Thf
37 Nin
35 War
35 Whm
35 Blm
most others 15 or under, a couple 1 still.
Trying to explore endgame a bit, while getting Prommies done with the rest of CoP, havnt really done much else with the other expansions either.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-04-18 13:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to help you find them but all the ones I know are on Gilgamesh XD
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-04-18 18:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

KingWingnut said:
Its kind of disheartening to see some of the cities, so dead and untalkative / unfriendly :/

The main cities are going to be dead. This day and age, people hang out in 3 places:

1) Jeuno
2) Whitegate
3) 3 cities in the past (namely, near the campaign arbitor to tele them to campaign battles)

Honestly, there is nothing for people in the home cities.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-04-18 18:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just campaign your RDM and/or THF while waiting for an LS.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-23 16:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you've rejoined the game GREAT.. but you;ve rejoined a dying server..

Ifrit is as dead as they come especially to get back into the grind of things.

you might find it a bit of a *** to get back into properly
[+]
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-24 15:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the OP is on Ifrit anymore; as far as I can tell, he abandoned the LS he made, and ran off to another server. Then, started touting a another LS there.

Kind of a jerk-like thing to do, but guess he went? Asura, I believe. Maybe that's the type they attract there. heheh.

Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-06-02 03:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure this is the case. I hung out with him about half a dozen times and we had some fun, then I saw him on another server. I asked him about it and he said something to the effect of being disappointed in Ifrit's low population. I think I saw him on Ifrit once or twice after that, and his social linkshell (which was off to a very good start) has been dead for about a month now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [246 days between previous and next post]
By elqplau 2011-02-02 18:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

your welcome to look up my LS i remeber you seek out Nitestalker for a pearl i cannot play at the moment till i reget employment
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-02 18:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

why
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 18:18:44