[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-04-12 23:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH is sick. <3

May I ask what your gear setup was like and what merits for SCH you had (if any) for the Ugg. Pendant NM?

I checked your profile and it shows you don't have any merits, but I figured you might have forgotten to input them.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-13 00:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

was everything here done solo? i'm 75 sch and wouldn't dare attempt some of that ***lol let me know if it was solo and i'll damn sure try now lol
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-13 00:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

having herald's gaiters makes everything easier
[+]
 Kujata.Nugzkraka
Server: Kujata
user: nugzkraka
By Kujata.Nugzkraka 2010-04-13 00:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

they were solo, obviously herald gaiters are required.

ill have to update ffxiah for my sch sets

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-13 00:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

oh heralds..right.... i guess sand storming it up would cost too much mp....damn lol
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-13 00:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it'd cost too much MP since he is already casting Hailstorm.

The benefits of Hailstorm with Stormsurge (along with casting Blizzard) are better then Sandstorm + Boots.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-13 00:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ya, i'm a big fan of stormsurge myself...so gaiters + hailstorm and spamming bliz/cryo?? is that really all thats required? you do seem to cast a LOT of bliz 3/4's, judging by the spam of recast macro
 Kujata.Nugzkraka
By Kujata.Nugzkraka 2010-04-13 08:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on the mob, mainly helix will be the best damage with bliz 3 and 4 if I have mp. But for other mobs helix doesnt work well so bliz 3/4 is the only option. Of course Drain usually is a winner.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-13 08:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit, those look very impressive.

How "required" would you say /NIN is to do those? I'm no SCH, but I do enjoy BLM/SCH'ing it up whenever I can. If some of those were doable as BLM using /SCH to help MP Conservation, I would be very tempted to give it a shot.
 Kujata.Nugzkraka
By Kujata.Nugzkraka 2010-04-13 08:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

sch/nin is the key for most of the fights. example: euryale has en-petrify, so if you get hit 1 time your dead. Tikalang has triple attck and never stops.

I'd say you can do golden(I usually kill it sch/rdm for fast cast), anataboga, chary, and boom non-/nin.

Sublimation is another tool used for anti-sleep. ex: golden, anataboga
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2010-04-14 03:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
SCH is sick. <3

May I ask what your gear setup was like and what merits for SCH you had (if any) for the Ugg. Pendant NM?

I checked your profile and it shows you don't have any merits, but I figured you might have forgotten to input them.

I update my char on valefor for item sets
 Valefor.Serif
user: Seriftaru
By Valefor.Serif 2010-04-24 09:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Great item sets Nugzkraka

I like your idea of using yigit gages instead of v muffs for helix.. I'm going to go test that out myself :o!

Also if you are using windower, you can easily set a pre-cast within your equip changes instead of leaving your sch af1(+1) feet, af2 head, and loq. earring equip and still receive the fast cast from them.

here's my cure cast example!:

input /equip ear2 "Loquac. Earring";
input /equip feet "Scholar's Loafers";
input /equip waist "Capricornian Rope";
pause 1.1;
input /equip main "Apollo's Staff";
input /equip sub "Staff Strap";
input /equip head "Goliard Chapeau";
input /equip neck "Benign Necklace";
input /equip ear1 "Novia Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Delta Earring";
input /equip body "Errant Hpl.";
input /equip hands "Sch. Bracers +1";
input /equip ring1 "Tamas Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Trooper's Ring";
input /equip back "Errant Cape";
input /equip waist "Penitent's Rope";
input /equip legs "Mahatma Slops";
input /equip feet "Arborist Nails";
input /echo Cure+

Only thing I would say to change in your idle sets is the hp-, you are taru after all lol :3
I recommend Jelly+Patronus combo! ftw

I was wondering though where you kited the Greater Amph in Xarc-S? Maybe you can show me sometime :3

and guys!! don't be emo! Gaiters are not required for all these kills, lol. I have Tatsumaki sitagoromo with movement speed +8% and can kite a lot of these things very easily as well. Never tried Gharial, but if he is anything like Dea it can be done. And Euryale I have never killed kited around, lol ballsy~scary! Only ever killed that by zone-nuking in a trio (blm+sch+thf). Once we got the Lyft weapon, I just never went back.. such a pain to get there haha

It honestly comes down to where you are kiting; AI gets very dumb around big rocks, fences, and towers lol
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2010-05-05 23:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

serif said:
I was wondering though where you kited the Greater Amph in Xarc-S? Maybe you can show me sometime :3

I found Counter-Clockwise to be the best

serif said:
It honestly comes down to where you are kiting; AI gets very dumb around big rocks, fences, and towers lol

Your right for most the pulls i had to scout out a location where i could use the terrain to my advantage, sometimes this required a extremely long pull like for Autarch, Ghariel, and Euryale. Ignamoth was a pain in the *** to pull too, in addition i had to stop doing dmg to de-pop a bug that walked around that area.
 Fenrir.Empedocles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2010-05-05 23:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The Yellow Globes are a lie.

Good job on the solos! Can you do videos? :D
By Seriftaru 2010-05-07 14:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nugzkraka said:
serif said:

serif said:

Your right for most the pulls i had to scout out a location where i could use the terrain to my advantage, sometimes this required a extremely long pull like for Autarch, Ghariel, and Euryale. Ignamoth was a pain in the *** to pull too, in addition i had to stop doing dmg to de-pop a bug that walked around that area.

Thank you! I will have to try it now for sure, no excuses!

I always find is funny when the some of the slower NMs de-aggro me.. even when they are at like 10% lol "oh she only took 90% of our HP away, T don't need to chase her anymore" lol

Then there are the ones where you want to de-aggro, that don't want to do it lol Like orc nms in La Vaule.. jump in the the water to save your butt and they still just put along after you haha
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-07 14:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally never used /NIN on SCH. Then again, I never solo anything this high (Except Draketrader). SCH/RDM works just fine for Sky NMs/Gods and a few ZNMs. Though some of those NMs obviously require /NIN.
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2010-05-09 19:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

newest sch/nin vnm2 thingy
By Serano 2010-05-09 19:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How Hard was Anta? D: (or w/e that ZNM tier 3 one is)
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2010-05-10 20:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

anantaboga is a znm t2, its fairly easy. Its mainly about the location where I kite and keeping sublimation up. I can make it take a wide turn and move a couple feet then make it run back. Keep helix on and nuke when able.
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2010-05-12 15:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

another t2 vnm

I used my thf to pull it to the area where I killed it.

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-09-01 20:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

those are some pretty nice solos, cg.
@ Tussilo: you inspired me to try that NM lol i always thought it to be a baby rapist but i kited to those ponds with ASA pants. after that it was hella easy. once in awhile i would alacrity tier IV and he would catch up to me for 1 hit. the only problem he ever posed was when he got close enough to use Jettatura. >< all you can really do is make sure to always have 3 shadows up and pray to god you dont get your *** kicked. its a really fun fight tho ^^
 Cerberus.Delsus
Server: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-03 08:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nugzkraka said:
serif said:

serif said:

When i solo'd greater amph on sch/nin i kited round the campaign outpost, this does get rough if the mobs pop but it does work.

The only reason i fought there was because i didnt know about any safer places