Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Campaigning as a WHM
Campaigning as a WHM
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-12 06:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So, i wanna know how you guys campaign as a WHM.

like what's your subjob, what do you usually do and whatnot.

I've tried melee + healing and i still get 900-1.1k exp / battle while everyone else is getting like 3-4k exp.

i go as a WHM/SCH. I tried just healing people but with everyone going /dnc they heal themselves before my cures pop off (so i'd still get like 900 - 1.1k exp)

any advice?
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-12 06:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure, Raise, Melee, Haste, Enfeeb (lol) protect, shell

[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-12 06:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't campaign on whm unless I need buffer on it, so idk. But maybe try buffing/curing the npc's as they run around, and raising other people.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-12 06:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Cure, Raise, Melee, Haste, Enfeeb (lol) protect, shell
the only one i haven't really done was hasting others + protect/shell others in-battle. (cuz it's an mp waster) but i can try it next time.
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
I really don't campaign on whm unless I need buffer on it, so idk. But maybe try buffing/curing the npc's as they run around, and raising other people.
i've cured some npcs and raising others (that i could actually cast raise on. /curses reraise earings)

also what's the median exp you guys get from CBing?
[+]
 Caitsith.Unafae
Server: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-04-12 07:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When I do CB on whm I go /nin and dual weild hammers, hexastrike ftw! I can usually get 3k exp pretty easy. Do the haste, cure, raise etc too, enfeeb the mobs too, use that flash, anything u can do to get hate as that is how they base ur xp. Good luck!!
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-12 07:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a sucker for /SCH in campaign, less time I have to spend resting e_e!
Plus, it's nice to take a little beating from AoE, if I remember correctly, damage taken gives exp (Caps after a certain point, or so I'm told haha)~

Usually as WHM/SCH I can get around 1.9k exp (I'm still a lolLowRank e_e) from curing, spamming my stratagems to save mp, curing NPCs, taking a little damage, flashing, holy (Gotta love Solace :Q <3 ) and auspice completely rocks socks if you're using Afflatus Misery too :D. Oh!! Ethereal earring is pretty dandy if you've got it. Not exactly groundbreaking, but every little mp regained helps :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-12 08:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the absolute best I've ever got in CB was... 1.6k-1.8k. That was a LONG *** battle too.

I've tried different things, but aside from going to skill up my club (I don't have hexastrike) I don't have any idea how to improve it.

My 63PLD/DNC kicks the ***out of my 75WHM for campaign XP. It drives me nuts.

tl;dr Screw doing campaign on WHM anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-12 08:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Unafae said:
When I do CB on whm I go /nin and dual weild hammers, hexastrike ftw! I can usually get 3k exp pretty easy. Do the haste, cure, raise etc too, enfeeb the mobs too, use that flash, anything u can do to get hate as that is how they base ur xp. Good luck!!

This is pretty much what I did. It's even easier if you have Mystic Boon for more MP to spam more cures and stuff. I'd go Whm/Dnc sometimes, too, but only when I'd use a staff. One club can take awhile to get TP.

Even as Whm/Nin, I never used shadows. I'd rather take a hit and heal myself for exp from the damage + heal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-12 09:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
So, i wanna know how you guys campaign as a WHM.

like what's your subjob, what do you usually do and whatnot.

I've tried melee healing and i still get 900-1.1k exp / battle while everyone else is getting like 3-4k exp.

i go as a WHM/SCH. I tried just healing people but with everyone going /dnc they heal themselves before my cures pop off (so i'd still get like 900 - 1.1k exp)

any advice?
Two words: Mystic Boon.

Go WHM/NIN, Afflatus: Solace and Cure V. Full out DD. Tank mobs (not NMs). You'll get better exp because you are causing damage, taking damage, curing damage, etc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-12 10:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I always Whinja in Campaign just because I have always gotten much better results from it. The best results usually come from me tanking, strangely enough. With stoneskin, shadows and big cures to keep hate as well as Auspice's en-light and two nice clubs with hexa, WHM can be a beast for exp. The minimum I pull out of a 20-30min campaign (if you can manage to get it to last that long) is 2500. I suggest bringing a friend, though- links will surely get you killed immediately hehe (thank goodness us WHMs are good at running away). In your downtime, spam high cures on NPCs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2010-04-12 10:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I go whm/nin and i pretty much just focus on myself. If someone needs a raise or something i do it. But i normally melee i have a lot of haste gear. Hexa Stike does a decent amount of damage and when i get low on MP mythic boon is awesome to get and instead 300 or so back so i never rest. I bust out as many cures on NPCs when i can max +pot i can and divine seal. Also curing wise try and heal the person taking if they need help since those *** are hard to tank, it can be dont but its a lot of effort. But yeah thats about it. Im pretty reckless so i die alot... then just fight weakend ^^
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-12 10:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC your medal/rank in Campaign limits how much XP you can get and Curing has an 800 EXP cap.

I always go SCH/RDM and try to hit the caps for enhancing, enfeebles and curing. Throw out a few elemental spells and take some aggro and I usually get about 2-3k if the battle lasts long enough. Not sure if a WHM would be able to do the same.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Xaiiver
By Lakshmi.Xaiiver 2010-04-12 10:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

for me when i was lvling whm in campaign battle, i went whm/sam with full acc + haste gears setup with club and hexa strike the heck out of it. Believe me that 60tp from mediate , store TP and spell haste i end up taking so much hate from regular DD. whm/sam in CB is the best time i ever have as whm.ofcoz on top of that dia/banish/cure etc for extra xp. with the new medal and new neck piece that give campaign: refresh its a plus for DDwhm where you can get 3mp/tick instead of 2.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-12 11:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys made me realize there's a cap to exp in campaign o.o i never knew that.

is there somewhere where i can find what the exp cap is for each thing? (that might actually raise my exp up some more)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-12 11:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know FFXIclopedia has a Campaign EXP Point Guide. I used to use a good one on Alla but it is really outdated now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-12 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm/Nin with clubs is where its at...I usually get decent xp/note, and just spam everything you can..Stoneskin, Blink, Cures, Haste, Enfeebs will land most of the time and no one ever does slow/para, if MP is ok Cure the ppl keeping hate on your mob and haste them too.

Nublet Question incoming: Maybe I am forgetting but what is CB'ing?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-12 13:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

CB = Campaign Battle. Its one of those I forget all the time too @_@
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-12 13:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the biggest thing about any job is to continually do stuff, in campaign... mages have alot of tools and for that matter dnc has also... unless you like doing whm/nin, i would do whm/dnc and just load up on acc/haste/atk gears as much as possible... alot of non body gear for those stats are "all jobs" so it wont be an issue there.. and whm can get some decent melee gear too... /dnc gives you sambas'/steps'/waltzes'/flourishes' ... the key here is to always be doing those throughout the battle... along with hitting and ws'in the mob. spells on yourself or others helps too... ive gone recently in campaign as rdm/dnc at 69 and have been getting close to normal xp gain as i would if i went pup or pld ..... i hope that helps.. i think the biggest misconception or mistake that people make when doing a mage like whm or sch in campaign is simply sitting back and curing raising people... theres not enuff gain for xp there cause the cap for it is so low... i have seen a chart that outlines moves and caps for campaign, its on wiki somewhere.. if i can find it again ill post the link at somepoint
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-04-12 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think you've hit your cap in enough areas, turn in your tags and get fresh ones. For 1 min after that, nothing you do counts towards exp, so it's a time to rest MP. You can usually average much higher exp per battle, the only downside is that you can't do unions.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-04-12 14:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget as /sch to use drain, aspir and dispel constantly.

Drain will add to your points as magic damage
Dispel to enfeebling

Melee with club/auspice

Cure random people constantly

Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-04-12 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I go as a whinja, went from 69-75 doing Campaign, whack the ***out of things, curebomb, I don't do haste/enfeebles often, raise a lot. You get exp for taking damage, giving damage, raising, curing etc, do everything you possibly can lol, most I've gotten was 5k from a battle in Eldieme Necropolis, where I tanked/soloed Imps mostly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-12 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
If you think you've hit your cap in enough areas, turn in your tags and get fresh ones. For 1 min after that, nothing you do counts towards exp, so it's a time to rest MP. You can usually average much higher exp per battle, the only downside is that you can't do unions.
Won't this affect your union status?
[+]
 Sylph.Vestal
Server: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-04-12 14:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fenrir.Shindo said:
Reading the final sentance would affect your posting status.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-12 14:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vestal said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fenrir.Shindo said:
Reading the final sentance would affect your posting status.
gdi.. /fail.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-04-12 15:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

When I do CB as WHM, I always sub SCH. I use a lot of Slow, Paralyze, Haste, Hexa Strike, and tons of cures. As someone said above, I think, you pretty much have to be constantly doing SOMETHING to get any decent xp from it, but when I've kept myself super-busy, my xp rivals that of my fiance' when he plays RDM and nukes the crap out of everything. Very satisfying. 8)
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2010-04-12 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I /nin and tank stuff. I find that tanking gets really nice points (I guess b/c you're dealing dmg, taking dmg, and curing).
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-12 15:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

tank mobs, as much as possible, use aspir. if i'm tanking i'll use solace. ja spam (whm/sch can spam a ton of jas when there's nothing else to do), cure npcs, buff, spam dia. i'll run in front of a mob i'm not tanking for orcish counterstance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-04-20 15:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM/SAM with Kinkobo, full haste gear plus the spell Haste and Hasso is very fun :)

Edit: You wouldn't need to worry about MP because you would be spamming Spirit Taker and use Retribution if your MP is full
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-04-26 06:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fu lorzy, you always get 1k more than me D:
[+]
First Page 2