Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Magians Trial 83
Magians Trial 83
 Shiva.Steo
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-04-09 22:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I know everybody is having trouble with the weather elements path, but im REALLY stuck for ideas on this one,

Me and a PUP buddy are going for the STR+4 Pet: Attack+12, Ranged Attack+12 Augment, as it will come in useful when using the Sharpshot Frame against non-bird type mobs (Assuming you use Birdbanes against birds)

So the requirement is 100 members of the Goobbue Family under the weather conditions of Fire, Wind, Thunder or Light

Any Suggestions are welcome, im looking for the fastest way to get kills possible.

So far the cons are:

Rolanberry Fields [ S ]:
Over 2 hours there, was doing campaign while waiting for Wind weather to pop but never did.

Pashow Marshlands [ S ]:
Thunder weather occurs freqeuntly enough (at least once an hour) but lasts for ~2 mins normally. We were there for almost 3 Hours and got 4 kills recorded, Weather always disappears/changes just as 2nd mob is dead ><

The Boyahda Tree:
Thunder weather lasts longer here, but takes longer to occur. I was there for at least 90 mins with no thunder weather occuring, therefore it isnt really a viable option.

The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah:
Farmga, RMT's, enough said......
We were allowing a sync to keep all drops from Goobbues while he goes afk. This would work if there where mobs in the zone to kill... Weather lasts quite a bit also.

I have left out Pashow Marshlands and Rolanberry Fields as we would have to find a sync for that area, and dont want to bore the life out of a ls member as we wait for weather effects to occur. And its more fun doing it at a higher level!

As said, any suggestions are welcome :D

Asura.Talonnx
Server: Asura
By Asura.Talonnx 2010-04-09 22:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If u have a sync then Zi'tah is alright.... but lack of mobs as you mentioned. RMT shouldn't bug you much near KoH area but there is only like 9? spawns, which kind of sucks. Zi'tah and tree share same weather so you can kill all the goob's in there without sync. Best to duo this for faster kills, but you are on a job that can DD fairly well for this.

Basicly, to save time. Have a mule logged at the Weather reporter in jeuno and when weather wears off, check him for when the next set is coming around. None of these weapons are completed fast duo to the weather ever changing, just got to hang out and wait for the weather. Be prepared to spend several hours waiting around for weather. It is quite annoying at times.
 Shiva.Steo
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-04-09 22:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, unfortunately though both areas in Zi'tah are always being farmed on Shiva, and i have a duo buddy with me.

Strange what you said about the weather being shared, I always thought that too, but earlier today it was thunder in Zi'tah but nothing in the tree when we zoned in. And thunder was still in Zi'tah when we zoned back out?

We can kill Goobbues in tree np, its just the weather issue. We did 100 skellies in Uleguard Range in under 3 hours, this 1 is terrible ><
 Sylph.Priy
Server: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-04-10 17:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stuck on Crawlers during Ice, Earth, Water, or Dark weather and its pretty awful, I sometimes get a ls mate to sych down for Pash but like you said, you feel kinda bad that they have to deal with that. I really want the Pet: MAB +5 and its not so terrible after the crawlers but I have to say the crawlers are pretty bad.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-04-10 17:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE may have to re-think this particular trial. I've been doing this trial in The Boyahda Tree for 4 days at 6-8 hours a day. You know what my total is? 13. Thunder weather is just that rare.

A simple fix would be to have kills count under weather OR day, like the trials that come have this one.
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-04-10 18:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

weather in The Boyahda tree sucks no doubt and being Ramuh home really makes me mad that thunder weather not up like 70% of the time. Hubie and I did that trial in 2 days 1st day we started late but the key is to use the weather person to plot your best 3 game days weather. Once u have 3 good days lined up just invite all the people thats skilling and if someone is farming invite them too let them lot use your blm pupppet I was nuke'n them for over 2k damgage np very fast kills. Good luck im on my 3rd Magina Trial weapon for pup u can do it stick with it.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-04-10 18:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It could also be that particular day...its doesn't have to only be weather kills. (atleast all the paths I've looked at said weather/day) If that helps.
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-04-10 19:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

not for this trial Gilhaven its weather only which makes it suck so bad its like having your last trial 2nd
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-04-10 22:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Okies...sorry I couldnt be much help. All I can suggest is keep on keeping on. Hopefully your last trial is easier. Goodluck!
By nightxade 2010-04-14 12:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Priy said:
I'm stuck on Crawlers during Ice, Earth, Water, or Dark weather and its pretty awful, I sometimes get a ls mate to sych down for Pash but like you said, you feel kinda bad that they have to deal with that. I really want the Pet: MAB 5 and its not so terrible after the crawlers but I have to say the crawlers are pretty bad.

Stick yourself in the Knight Crawler room in CN. Water weather happens often. Very easy to solo and a lot less trying on the patience, but Sync makes it even better (had help from a 73 MNK which made the Rumble Crawlers EP to me as well).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Thunderstorm
By Shiva.Thunderstorm 2010-05-14 20:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Priy said:
I'm stuck on Crawlers during Ice, Earth, Water, or Dark weather and its pretty awful, I sometimes get a ls mate to sych down for Pash but like you said, you feel kinda bad that they have to deal with that. I really want the Pet: MAB 5 and its not so terrible after the crawlers but I have to say the crawlers are pretty bad.

If you can sync yourself down to 30, Pash is an awesome place to work on both trials at the same time. Equip 1 weapon during thunder weather for the Goobbue, and the other for the crawlers in rain weather. This will allow you to work on at least one of the trials during most of your time there.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-05-14 21:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

check the weather NPC in upper jeuno for the sactuary of zi'tah. It shares weather with the tree. if no weather is predicted for the 3 game day the NPC provides, go camp a diff zone like the marshlands {s}

repeat this every 3 game days and u'll finish eventually.