Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Wind Torque vs Pipers Torque
Wind Torque vs Pipers Torque
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-07 06:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just bought myself a Wind Torque.

But I also see the Piper's Torque a few levels ahead, and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on which is best.

I mean surely I'd be wanting to keep the Wind Torque for trying to squeeze the most out of march anyway, so is it worth buying the Piper's Torque for debuffs? (Campaign is a moot point as I find it utterly dull and won't be doing it at all)

Cheers.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-07 06:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never bothered with pipers. CHR is an easy attribute to get in most any slot, so the extra 5 CHR on piper is usually not needed.

errant body + pants, gleeman and jester's +1 alone is 32 CHR, put on some CHR rings if needed. Just my opinion.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-07 06:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I've never bothered with pipers. CHR is an easy attribute to get in most any slot, so the extra 5 CHR on piper is usually not needed.

errant body pants, gleeman and jester's 1 alone is 32 CHR, put on some CHR rings if needed. Just my opinion.

Am I right to think that chr is pretty much useless when it's passed 100? As in 112 chr would give you the same acc as 100 chr?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-07 06:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember right, the soft cap for CHR, is 120'ish. After that point it shows diminishing returns.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-07 06:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
If I remember right, the soft cap for CHR, is 120'ish. After that point it shows diminishing returns.

Ah cheers, that really helps lol.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-04-07 07:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wind torque all the way. The 5 CHR from pipers give only +.5Macc to your BRD debuffs... If you need CHR gear you can always sing the 2 CHR+ songs and put skill+ in the other slots (legs, back)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=121696

Imo there is too much focus on CHR gear. I tend to go all out in wind/singing gear and get better results than going chr/skill balance.
 Titan.Jingizu
Server: Titan
user: Jingizu
By Titan.Jingizu 2010-04-07 07:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:

Imo there is too much focus on CHR gear. I tend to go all out in wind/singing gear and get better results than going chr/skill balance.

I pretty much agree with this, I also focus more on skill, but I also add in a few macc pieces for good measure.
 Diabolos.Renavi
Server: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-04-07 08:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say you could use Piper's over Wind Torque for buffing and debuffing because unless that two skill is breaking a tier I don't see it doing much. Also wouldn't 5CHR > 2 Skill? Wouldn't that make it better for debuffing also?
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-04-07 08:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My opinion is dependant on gear. If you are using CHR rings, then Piper's would be a better choice when you hit the soft cap. The reason being is that Pipers gives 2 less wind skill at the exchange of 5 CHR. If you use CHR rings and hit the soft cap before the CHR on Piper's, then you can remove one of those CHR rings, use a Nereid Ring and end up with better returns.

Also, unless the 2 Wind Skill from Wind Torque is going to push you into another Tier with buffs, it isn't worth using over Pipers.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-07 08:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also depends on what you're doing and what merits you have in singing/wind. On regular exp/merit mobs I wouldnt worry about getting resisted.

Most of the time I stack singing skill > Wind skill > CHR in that order.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-04-07 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats true Zanno, but still, he didn't give us the purpose around it. So we have to assume what would be better in a general sense. Thats the only reason why I posted the way I did.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Dawnsohma
Server: Asura
user: dawnsohma
By Asura.Dawnsohma 2010-06-30 20:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i use both wind for buffs and pipers for debuffs
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar