Soloing Master Or Puppet Tank!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » soloing master or puppet tank!
soloing master or puppet tank!
 Shiva.Lucant
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2010-04-05 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

am trying to lvl pup atm and is it better to let you or your puppet tank?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-05 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the level. Early lvs, (very early), maton. higher lvs, probably you, though haven't tested it w/ the recent buff to maton defense.
 Bahamut.Kormix
Server: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2010-04-05 15:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I solo I'm /nin 99.9% and my automaton is set up as a curer/nuker or straight curebot depending on the strength of the mobs I'm after. It's not the fastest way to solo, but it's pretty safe when you've got 75% of your hp left and your automaton is spamming cure V's on you lol. As for letting your automaton tank, like tigerwoods said I haven't tried with the new buff to def. either. However, even with Role-Reversal, Ventriloquy, and Repair recast capped it's still pretty tough to keep your automaton's hp up while fighting anything that hits relatively hard, easier to just tank it yourself and let the curebot keep you alive.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Clocen
Server: Diabolos
user: Clocen
By Diabolos.Clocen 2010-04-06 14:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer master tanking atleast when your 75. Pld frame can tank goldfish in sea np nowdays, but wouldnt let it tank anything much harder than that.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-04-06 14:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see a good reason to let the puppet tank, to be honest. The pld frame has pretty good def and a lot of hp, but even with oil, repair kits, and Pantin Taj, it'll still take a beating since nobody can actually cast cure on it. On the other hand, if you're tanking, the whm frame can keep Regen III on you while casting Cure V when you need it.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-11 02:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I messed with it recently and tried to tank PUKS as level 69 with it, they conned DC-T.And it couldnt tank stuff for ***, highest itll survive is DC, with me doin nothing.
The best results i had with Smoke-screen and 2 dark maneures up ,it evaded like 3 out of 4 hits.Coiler and turbo charger, to get TP and do canibal blade, also steam jaket fits this setup and reduced the damage from 70 to 55-50 andit dont conflicts with canibal blade. Blink, and flash help for sure,Stoneskin is onyl worth 1 hit.Equalizer was kinda worthless, or i used it wrong idk.
Ill mess again if im bored.

Edit: with me doin nothing, except maneuvers of course.