Trial Of The Magians: Peeler Dagger Paths (2)(17)(42)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Trial of the Magians: Peeler Dagger Paths (2)(17)(42)
Trial of the Magians: Peeler Dagger Paths (2)(17)(42)
 Alexander.Lunay
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-03-25 03:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I didn't mean to mislead anyone by saying "weak mobs". Yes, I believe the non-NMs must yield EXP for it to count, but not 100% sure because there are weather ones, also. And I have read that it works on offhand as well.

This is why I am trying to do this right now so I can team up with people.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-03-25 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you can offhand it, you dont need to kill nor touch the enemy. Can be in PT with other ppl and you get their kills count aswell. (doing weather ones atm) But need to give XP i belief.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-25 21:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
you can offhand it, you dont need to kill nor touch the enemy. Can be in PT with other ppl and you get their kills count aswell. (doing weather ones atm) But need to give XP i belief.

This

Also for NM kills you MUST MUST MUST have some sort of enmity on the NM. My party killed Black Triple Stars before i got to it and i didnt get any credit.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-25 21:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:

This

Also for NM kills you MUST MUST MUST have some sort of enmity on the NM. My party killed Black Triple Stars before i got to it and i didnt get any credit.

Wrong, you need 0 enmity, you need to be in range of NM kill to receive your trial. You can enter a party and afk all night, as long as they kill it near you, you'll get your point.
[+]
 Ramuh.Xisin
Server: Ramuh
user: Xisin
By Ramuh.Xisin 2010-03-25 22:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Blau Dolch is gnna tumble :x

Nah, blau is still better than most of these weapons imo, accuracy attack good base damage and low delay makes it great in the offhand.

I'm thinking the 38 base dmg dagger + blau would be nice? though P.Harpe just got made worthless.
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-26 03:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There's some detailed discussion on these daggers over at alla' right now, but some of it's pretty mathy and I don't feel like copy-pasta'ing it. I think these new daggers are good but it's hard to tell which daggers they will or won't replace.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-26 03:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Siren.Delirium said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:

This

Wrong, you need 0 enmity, you need to be in range of NM kill to receive your trial. You can enter a party and afk all night, as long as they kill it near you, you'll get your point.

Is this true for all these Trials? I just started the Staff trial (790) along with a friend in a different timezone. If I left one of us AFK next to the other one and killed the mobs I needed, would both get the credit?
 Alexander.Lunay
Server: Alexander
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-03-26 03:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

^ True. I have to rant about a player who joined our PT and goes AFK 100% of the time. He went 3/3 on Black Triple Stars this way. Sure, it doesn't hurt anybody by just letting him get credit for it but, at the same time, it makes me mad that someone (especially, someone I don't know) would try to ride it out like that. /Rant.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-26 03:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten credit on the NMs and the kill so many of this ecosystem without hate. Have to be in xp range though.

Also any real verdict on lvl sync. I hear yes and no. Like does it work on some but not others? Cause trying to find ep+ treants in weather is *** hard. Especially since I can't find past weather checkers
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-26 03:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having the same problem Das~ I'm doing the Saplings and Treants in Caedarva Mire from the West exit of Nashmau. Saplings EP, Treants VT~IT.

EDIT: Weather pops on and off fairly often there aswell, so you might be able to get it done fairly quickly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-26 03:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yeah I checked the weather npc and for all zones except mount Z (ie the 3 with treants) it was sunny sunny, then 2/3 were sunny the other cloudy. So I put on my swd and went and murdered colibri. Even got a drg/blu and a drk working on his ragnarok helping lol
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-03-26 04:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you equip 2 peelers at once and do the same trials on both at the same time?

Also when they say 200 mobs in bird family do these mobs have to give xp to count?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-26 04:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
Can you equip 2 peelers at once and do the same trials on both at the same time?

Also when they say 200 mobs in bird family do these mobs have to give xp to count?

No, I remember hearing the Moogle say you can only do one trial of the weapon at a time, i.e. the stages. Like I believe you can work on trial 2 dagger and do another trial 1 at the same time?

And I'm pretty sure the mobs have to give xp. Heard it works in level sync too.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-26 04:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think you can do the same trials, but I think you could carry 2 Peelers on different trials.

I'm not sure about the EXP, but mine specified "Experience points yielding monsters". I'd assume yes, but if it didn't say that then you might be able to do it otherwise.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-03-26 10:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also any real verdict on lvl sync. I hear yes and no. Like does it work on some but not others? Cause trying to find ep treants in weather is *** hard. Especially since I can't find past weather checkers

sync work i heard aswell, someone did in qufim island leeches or so that way.

One in LS said
Quote:
For anyone wanting to do the staff Grauberg [ S] is very nice place to find some EP treants. Weather is pretty regular aswell ^^
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-03-26 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
One in LS said
Quote:
For anyone wanting to do the staff Grauberg [ S] is very nice place to find some EP treants. Weather is pretty regular aswell ^^
I was thinking of doing Trial 31 there^^
Guess that's a nice spot for doing Trial 30 as well?
 Phoenix.Shibahime
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Shibahime 2010-03-26 11:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My goal is Trial 33 (DEX+4 ACC+8) Dagger for DNC, and yes, it's a LOT of work.

Trial 16: 100 Rabbits - Uleguerand Range.
Trial 17: 100 Crabs - Vunkerl Inlet (S)

Currently on Trial 30: 100 Mobs (any family) and will most likely stick to Vunkerl or maybe head up to Upper Delkfutt Tower or Ro'Maeve.

Vunkerl has Lightning / Wind weather and it's up most up the time, I was in pt with 2 THF 1 DNC and myself as BRD and we killed 40 crabs in a row without weather leaving. And did I mention no aggro? <.< Only thing to worry about is a Ghost that pops around and elementals if you bring any type of magic.
Oh, and if you need to kill treants under wind / lightning weather, this is also a great place for it since a lot of saplings spawn around the lake.
[+]
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-03-26 11:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've been working on 17 in Vunkerl Inlet (S) too. Still have about 35 more crabs to go. Been going through it a lot quicker than 16 even though I've solo'd all of 17 thus far. Thing is though, I sometimes get wind weather in Inlet so I was wondering if lightning is more consistent in Grauberg or anywhere else for that matter :o
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-03-26 11:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shibahime said:
Trial 17: 100 Crabs - Vunkerl Inlet (S)

Thx! gonna go there next time, kuftal sucks.

Really hard to find a good spot for all those weather mobs ><
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-26 11:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also any real verdict on lvl sync. I hear yes and no. Like does it work on some but not others? Cause trying to find ep treants in weather is *** hard. Especially since I can't find past weather checkers
sync work i heard aswell, someone did in qufim island leeches or so that way. One in LS said
Quote:
Good idea. The 3 aht urghan zones had chance for weather this hour and no chance next 2... yeah so much for a chance in the zone I picked.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-26 12:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wow with everyone doing these upgrades... Im still taking my time doing other things on the game, I'll probably do this, when everyone has already done it. ATM, still early for me, but its all cool and good looking. I think atm, its kinda like a race to be the first to get, but really tbh, I'll go at my snail's pace, and let everyone get theirs done, so that I can see how its done, then do it.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-03-26 12:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i am not in a rush with it :) i just go to a zone, play ps3 until weather pop and kill some mobs lol XD
 Seraph.Tragedy
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Tragedy 2010-03-30 10:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
wow with everyone doing these upgrades... Im still taking my time doing other things on the game, I'll probably do this, when everyone has already done it. ATM, still early for me, but its all cool and good looking. I think atm, its kinda like a race to be the first to get, but really tbh, I'll go at my snail's pace, and let everyone get theirs done, so that I can see how its done, then do it.

That's usually my stance on a lot of new content, although with this system it's nice to have a lot of people working on it. Because everyone in the alliance gets credit for each kill, it makes some of the grinds a heck of a lot easier. For a while there were 12 of us slaughtering every hippogryph in Grauberg we could get a hold of... I can't imagine how long that trial would've taken solo (or even grabbing friends to come help or shouting for others on the same quest).

That, and I've always liked slaughtering large numbers of mobs. Capping my buffer on THF didn't hurt either XD
By Miloki 2010-03-31 23:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys! Long time lurker, finally registered today. Been looking into the magian dagger stuff and got myself a peeler, starting to kill bunnies.

I plan on taking this peeler through trial 19 and 20 for the Dakini with dmg" +9, delay -5, str +4, att +12.

My ? is: will D be calculated as a dagger with dmg 34 or 24 (with 9 dmg as a bonus and not affecting weapon rank).

Also, I currently rock Az/BD combo (no SK ;;). This replaces azoth right? amirite? amirong? Am Idoing this all wrong? If it matters I TP in 22% haste, fully merited triple/crit. Appreciate your input.
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
Server: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2010-04-01 18:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea you could main hand that atk Dakini and offhand Blau. It would be an improvement from Azoth main.

I'm more hyped about the Athame via Trial 12: 10 Eyes of Verthandi. I mean offhand double attack dagger? even with the higher delay than most of our offhand choices (S.kukri or Blau) you can't go wrong. My LS helped my Sam friend get his Items from Krab for his Double attack GK and he claims it has the same procession rate as his joy toy. If this holds true for The dagger (which i don't see why it wouldn't)... Its Athame Via Eyes Hands down for both off handing on my dancer and thief.

The slightly higher delay may in fact help us in the long run. Being... with the new Dual wield we are getting, previous Stp builds would have been destroyed. This may not be the case anymore. normally whats needed was (depending on your dagger combination) Raja's, Brutal, and Skadi legs in TP to pull off what im talking about, essentially re-attaining The once magical 10TP per round Floor we had b4 the Dual wield nerf, effectively decreasing the # of attack rounds needed to reach 100% TP by either 1 or 2 wether you had X's knife or not.

Bit off topic sorry but... Athame with Dmg+ is just SO GLORIOUS I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-28 19:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

o
 Garuda.Galadriel
Server: Garuda