Forum » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Gardening update
Gardening update
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-22 15:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I know, not the most exciting thing to have happen in this update but just kind of wondering something. They said they are changing the growing cycle of plants to 1 week and crystal feed to 2 days. I'm guessing this means things like grain/wildgrass gardens will take a bit longer now but are they doing this for ore gardens as well, no more 3 weeks from sappling to finding out you got nothing but kitrons?
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-22 15:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vacian said:
yeah I know, not the most exciting thing to have happen in this update but just kind of wondering something. They said they are changing the growing cycle of plants to 1 week and crystal feed to 2 days. I'm guessing this means things like grain/wildgrass gardens will take a bit longer now but are they doing this for ore gardens as well, no more 3 weeks from sappling to finding out you got nothing but kitrons?

I always liked gardening, I'd like to see what happens and may try my hand at ores again
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 15:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah looks interesing too me. Might make it kinda my new money maker. Especially since I'm getting back into goldsmithing and have lots of mules
 Fenrir.Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-22 15:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ores not too bad, I do it once in a while, I only have 2 mules though so kind of a waste of time/gil....wildgrass is where its at
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-03-22 15:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a huge green thumb, so I read the update about gardening a few times to make sure I understood it.

The harvesting period for plants grown via gardening has been changed to one week (Earth time).
Furthermore, the crystal feeding period for certain seeds has been changed to two days (Earth time).

At first I thought the same things you guys did, but after reading it a few times.

The HARVESTING period for plants has been changed to a week: what I think means when they're ready to harvest instead of dying roughly 1.5 days later, they will not wilt for another week.

Same thought about the feeding period, instead of getting about 1.5 days to feed you will have 2 full days.

I think they're doing this for the more casual player who doesn't log in everyday. What do you guys think?
[+]
 Fenrir.Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-22 15:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Xiong

that would make alot of sense, price on ores would drop significantly if it only took a week to grow them dropping the price of HQ staves and the high level rings as well
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-03-22 15:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Xiong said:
I have a huge green thumb, so I read the update about gardening a few times to make sure I understood it.

The harvesting period for plants grown via gardening has been changed to one week (Earth time).
Furthermore, the crystal feeding period for certain seeds has been changed to two days (Earth time).

At first I thought the same things you guys did, but after reading it a few times.

The HARVESTING period for plants has been changed to a week: what I think means when they're ready to harvest instead of dying roughly 1.5 days later, they will not wilt for another week.

Same thought about the feeding period, instead of getting about 1.5 days to feed you will have 2 full days.

I think they're doing this for the more casual player who doesn't log in everyday. What do you guys think?

Hoping your right - while this will still lower the prices on items like ore's due to a greater success rate, at least people wont be growing new crops every week... Guess we'll see. Might be interesting to churn out a bunch of ore on a weekly cycle per mule too tho for people that use their own ore for gs rather than selling them heh.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-22 15:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably right Xiong

Caitsith.Dryope
Server: Caitsith
user: Dryopae
By Caitsith.Dryope 2010-03-22 15:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're misreading what they said

"The harvesting period for plants grown via gardening has been changed to one week"

I don't think they mean growing

edit: oh Xiong beat me to it. So yes I agree with Xiong.