Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Knives
Knives
 Asura.Despayn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 07:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself I haven't parsed, but back when I use to be hardcore into THF, my friends would parse -every- merit party we had. I had these parses saved, but like I said earlier, reformatted my comp.

Point is my performance was always better as /WAR than it was with /NIN.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-31 08:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really unusual. Did you hold TP for WS or so? I soloSA/soloTA heavily but if you held TP for WS a lot of the time, it would bias your performance more towards spike. Still, would have to change a lot...
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 08:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I never held TP. I did have to divide SA and TA on weapon skills simply because my TP gain was through the roof, and the occasional SATA + Hide whenever Hide was avail on birds to do close to 2500~2800 damage average if Triple Attack proc'd. Really wish I had these screen shots.

Am I saying THF/WAR is better? No. I'm saying it honestly depends on your dagger choices. Its like people who swear by off-handing mkris on THF that that makes them God.

Once I regear my THF in the future, I'll parse my results personally THF/WAR vs. THF/NIN.

In the end, THF sucks as a DD anyway. Not that this means anything.

(Deleted first post because for some reason this ***keeps posting on my other account -.-;)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-31 09:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think THF is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. People underestimate MNK a lot as well <_> I've always been told THF is gonna suck on things like Fafhogg and hit for 0 all of the time but never happened to me.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Never happened to me either, and I use to go THF to HNMs all the time way back when. I usually just stick to RDM and COR nowadays anyway. Personally I don't think THF is bad at all... the problem is it'll never outshine other damage dealers. The best THF on this game will never be better than the best SAM on this game.

I remember doing a 1k SB on Fafnir and thinking that was good.

Wish Birdbanes existed back when I leveled MNK @.@
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-31 09:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yah, and that's why I'll never be back properly until they nerf WAR and SAM in particular. A full rebalancing would be nice, but SE like sucking off WAR and SAM farrr too much for that.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 09:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongly concur.

Doesn't matter if THF was the worst job in existence. Doesn't matter that I have PLD leveled. The first and only relic I'd get would be a Mandau, period.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-01 13:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol someone lost his name~

Yeah Des /war is the subjob if you are not pulling and not at 75 lol (which means merits pts) or if you are doing hnm.

Actually i think every DD in the game should /war for damage while leveling. Most times we are fighting stuff there is too tough, and by the time things are squishy enough for /sam or /nin to work, we are already leaving camp or syncing down.

Well SE says they will increase the damage potencial of thf, and I'm looking forward to it lol. I already beat Gala's war at kirin and some other gods i parsed. We even put a bet to make it interesting and he lost every time lol.

Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-01 14:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. How is Meshita BTW? Shell still around?
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-01 14:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

nope lol, ppl started getting even worse rl aggro and so we decided to quit. Made it a social ls, and then everyone disappeared lol.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-04-01 14:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yeah Des /war is the subjob if you are not pulling and not at 75 lol (which means merits pts) or if you are doing hnm.
Nope ;/ Actually /nin is pretty much equal in damage, if not better for merits. It might also depend on the quality of your equip/merits though. Good daggers = good /nin. Non capped triple merits = more advantage from dobule attack. Less attack = more advantage from berserk. Even for mandau, /nin is better dmg for merits. Really the damage is close to the same, /nin pulling ahead more often than not in my experiences. The only genuine difference is that you take more dmg /war. Edit: Actually now that I re-read that quote it looks like you didn't say /war was better for meritz.

Pre-75 and HNM if we're talking damage, /war is almost always better.

Man this thread de-railed :3 hehe
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-01 15:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah my intention was to defend /war as pre 75 and hnm lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-01 15:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait till post 80 and getting DW III lol...
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-01 16:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait for this update, honestly. I remember when daggers got their damage boosted (Harpe going from 25 base damage to 35 made me cream back in the day) and thinking holy ***. However, later updates pretty much ignored THF and boosted everyone else. It can get pretty annoying when people say THF is only useful for TH.

Although it's true, but that's not our fault :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-01 16:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I would say it is our fault in a sense. By that I don't mean say you mean or people on this forums but the countless thfs out there that let Dncs DD better then them. Or other such nonsense