99 Scholar What You Think?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » 99 Scholar What you think?
99 Scholar What you think?
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-03-09 09:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I Know it's just Scholar but as usefull and powerfull a realy SCH can do, Wht you think will they do for a 99SCH?
99sch/rdm = Covert , AOE refersh , More En- , Haste AOE , MAB II
99sch/blm = Nothing much realy.....

Also look at new spells for blm to sch... If Blm get Blizz VI again then 99SCH will too.

Wht esle do you think?
 Asura.Farel
user: Farel
By Asura.Farel 2010-03-09 09:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a Conserve MP II or Helix t2 would be nice.
Our own Stoneskin? let's dream about it but i don't think we'll get one xD
And a Klimaform II with less delay
Or Finally raise and rr3
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-09 09:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No offence to SCH, but I hope SCH doesn't get the same tier of nuke as BLM.

IMO it should be:
* BLM VI (although that would mean 12 spells in 24 levels, which seems a lot)
* SCH V
* RDM IV
* DRK III

The line between BLM and SCH is already very blurry and there is a strong argument for SCH being the stronger nuker while also clearly more MP efficient.

For BLM to retain its crown as the nuking job, it needs at least a tier of spells above the nearest rival, or something else that will allow them to complete with SCH. This could mean a boost in MP efficiency or a boost in damage (to improve damage/mp).

As for what SCH should get, they will need a new Stratagem or 2 as they are likely to have lost their AOE niche. More Helixs would be good. I doubt you will get RR3 unless WHM get RR4 (*Dripples*).
[+]
 Asura.Farel
By Asura.Farel 2010-03-09 09:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
For BLM to retain its crown as the nuking job, it needs at least a tier of spells above the nearest rival, or something else that will allow them to complete with SCH. This could mean a boost in MP efficiency or a boost in damage (to improve damage/mp).

As for what SCH should get, they will need a new Stratagem or 2 as they are likely to have lost their AOE niche. More Helixs would be good. I doubt you will get RR3 unless WHM get RR4 (*Dripples*).

That's why blm have AMII so maybe everybody (sch and blm) with t5 nuke and blm would get aga IV and AM III. Because as the situation is now it's how i can imagine that may be in a futur.

For rr3 i was thinking the same only if whm get rr4 and i hope for the whm and for the sch that'll be like that.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-09 09:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think SCH will get T5s right off the bat to be honest.

They get T4s only with Add:Black. Kindof hard to give them T5s straight away.

I do see T6s though, 12 spells in 24 levels isn't unheard of. See how BLMs and SCHs get T4s? 1 per level towards the end.

AMIIIs maybe. BLMs get Meteor, while we all know SCHs won't.

What I want to see is Sleep III and Sleepga III. That would make BLM > SCH in most everything that requires crowd control.

Aspir II for BLM only would also be best.

Elemental DoTs v.2 would also be great for BLMs.

Poisonga II will probably be level 76 spell, first thing BLMs learn.

-ga IV for BLMs is a given.

Those alone make BLMs better nukers than SCH. What Argetto said makes sense though, and I really hope it passes.
[+]
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-03-09 09:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

rr4? what can that be? 0 exp loss or raise unweakened but 2.5k exp loss?

I hope SCH gets more unique abilities (MP dependent abilities?) and is not a BLM-1. SCH should be treated as SCH and not BLM/RDM/WHM.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-09 09:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Farel said:
That's why blm have AMII so maybe everybody (sch and blm) with t5 nuke and blm would get aga IV and AM III. Because as the situation is now it's how i can imagine that may be in a futur.

For rr3 i was thinking the same only if whm get rr4 and i hope for the whm and for the sch that'll be like that.

But AMII aren't 'good' spells, the only time they are worth the MP is Magic bursting (with enough merits) or 2hring. That's hardly useful for day to day use.
Asura.Korpg said:
I don't think SCH will get T5s right off the bat to be honest.

They get T4s only with Add:Black. Kindof hard to give them T5s straight away.

I do see T6s though, 12 spells in 24 levels isn't unheard of. See how BLMs and SCHs get T4s? 1 per level towards the end.

AMIIIs maybe. BLMs get Meteor, while we all know SCHs won't.

What I want to see is Sleep III and Sleepga III. That would make BLM > SCH in most everything that requires crowd control.

Aspir II for BLM only would also be best.

Elemental DoTs v.2 would also be great for BLMs.

Poisonga II will probably be level 76 spell, first thing BLMs learn.

-ga IV for BLMs is a given.

Those alone make BLMs better nukers than SCH. What Argetto said makes sense though, and I really hope it passes.

T6 is unlikely, I was simply trying to illustrate the point about a full tier of separation. Although it would be possible for T6 at lvl 99.

DoT -ga and Nuke -ga spells are also not efficient or effective use of MP (like AMII) and it is VERY rare where you actually need/want and AOE spell.

Additional tiers of sleep would be nice, that would certainly be useful.

Elemental DoT II... I don't think they are going to help BLM much. More potent burn would be nice for epeen numbers, but outside that they are another line of spells that are rarely used and even more rarely needed.
 Hades.Zandra
Server: Hades
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-03-09 10:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A 1 tier difference would ruin sch, I wouldn't expect that at all in the update. Blm always will be the top nuker getting more DMG in a single spell (AM2 -GA) Plus they ALWAYS will have better gear. Sch may be a more efficient nuker getting more dmg per mp but that doesn't in any way make BLM obsolete.

T5 will top out SCH @ 99 BLM will top out T4 -GA @ 99 with T5s arriving much earlier.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-09 10:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:
rr4? what can that be? 0 exp loss or raise unweakened but 2.5k exp loss? I hope SCH gets more unique abilities (MP dependent abilities?) and is not a BLM-1. SCH should be treated as SCH and not BLM/RDM/WM.

riase unweakened.. that kinda sounds game braking @.@; people wont even have to zobmie ***anymore @.@; or have to wait for a cool down, people will have claim all day. new phrase whould be "*** it, throw more exp at it" lol

0xp lost with a slightly higher weakend phase seems ore plasable
 Midgardsormr.Mikania
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Mikania
By Midgardsormr.Mikania 2010-03-09 10:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would probably think at least 1 more stratagem charge probably around 90. I would hope for 2 but com'on, this is SE... if anything, they'll take one away.

Raise 3... if they change the exp loss (between 69-75 is about a fixed 250 using R3) more after 76 then sch might get it, otherwise no.

After that, I don't see anything else other than another elemental tier, and more lackluster passive traits. Or... make the helix we have now actually useful /cough maybe macc boost to it or actually hits more than 80 damage(other than mob completely stupid--low int).
 Asura.Farel
By Asura.Farel 2010-03-09 10:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And something noone talks about is more charge. Because ok new abilities like stratagems ok but without charge to use them that would be a problem (because already 4 charges is not enough).
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vampirediaries 2010-03-09 11:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I CAN possibly see them giving sch tier 2 storm spells as well as tier 2 helix spells maybe. I also hope they give sch some new even more powerful abilities that we have never seen before as well as unique spells. it's why I lvled sch because it is such a unique job that can control the weather and cast unique spells that have never been seen! :O
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vampirediaries 2010-03-09 11:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I 100% agree that they need to seperate sch from blm,rdm, or whm. They need to make it, it's on job and make it very powerful!
 Kujata.Segaia
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-09 14:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

considering the number of stratagems:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Stratagem

i post this link because i want to hint to a very important thing: the stratagem timer. Increasing the maximum amount of stratagems available cuts down the recharge time for one stratagem aswell.

Since i expect Scholar to have at least 6 stratagems at 99 that would be one stratagem every 40 seconds. Even when subbing SCH you would only get ONE stratagem every 2 minutes.

Aswell afaik SE is planning to add new unique stratagem-JAs and im rly looking forward what awaits us in that point. Maybe Accession II (AoE over your whole alliance) or something totally different. I think SCH will become more and more what the job description already says: a military tactician - not a BLM, not a WHM and not a RDM. SE will most likely focus on the stratagem aspect rather than letting SCH keep up with the tiers of other jobs imo.
[+]
 Fairy.Yunachan
Server: Fairy
user: Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-03-10 03:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey,
I'm a 24/7 sch, definitely the most amasing jobs.
Here is my opinion on lv99 sch:

Stratagems Number: we will get another stratagem charge, no more...is u see, we got a stratagem charge upgrade every 20lv, and the last was at lv 70. So, I assume we'll get the 5th charge at lv 90.

Stratagems: we will for sure get other tipe of strat. Theories could be infinite, from better mp usage, to max damages or healing. I would say that we need to wait what SE will offer us.

Healing: Well, this is a tough point too...we could get cureV, just if whm gets cureVI, that is very much possible, seen the fact that pl will higher up their hp in a relevant way.
We'll perhaps get ProtectraV and ShellraV via merit, same for cure: just if whm gets P&S VI.
I hope they will increase the cap of Stoneskin; but I think they will rather put StoneskinII for whm, that combined with accession that they will get with /sch, would be really cool, and necessary for whm. Phalanxga will be still impossibile to gauge. I got almost the highest enhancing u could get for a sch, and I get a phalanx 28. Just a full merit rdm could do better, but in a worste way (phalanx II is single target).
For -naga, with a 5th strat charge, it will get much easier to remove all that status.

Debuff: well, this could be LOL...hastega, enspellIIga, refreshga (I don't think we'll get it though) stormga (don't think we'll get II)...the only chance for SE would be to put hasteII or other debuff, otherwise sch would be also the best debuffer all over.

Nuke: this is lol too.. atm sch is the undesputed leader in Damage Dealing in long event. Objection? In full time addendum black, with TIV - TIII and helix (that full merited, are the best MP/Damage spell in the whole game)and parsimony strat, u're a full time nuker, with no resting time. U're able to cast 50% more spells than a blm, with a just a bit less dmg. Blm are sure usefull to get high number damages, but their mp will finish soon. Once said that the point is: BLM will get TV, Meteor, -gaIV and, with high probability AMIII. Based on this i think sch will get TV in its last lvs (like 90+), will never get -ga, but it will still be the highest "long range" magical DD in the game. As Blm will still be the short time DD with really high number.

To finish it up, I don't wanna think what SE planned for us, I just wanna see it. I just hope they make a good job.

Sch is a great job for every situation, and for every event. Sure the best MP/Damage job, and, atm, the best healer together with whm (or, sadly, even better (I've been whm for several years).

P.s.

My personal wishlist:
CureV
BuffV
6th Charge
New Stratagems (have tons of ideas)
HelixII (supersbav)
KlimaformII
StormII (unlikely possible <.< )
TierV
other cool things XD

Sylph.Landyr
Server: Sylph
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-10 03:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what I would like to see SCH get and what makes the most sense.
Most likely LVL 2 Helix and Storms.
Storm spell lvl 2 gives double weather and extra 3 stat points on stormsurge.
Helix 2 will either have higher base damage or better MACC and last longer.
Also I'm guessing at least 2 more stratagem charges.

As for stratagems themselves its hard to call. Needs to be something for both dark and light art. Probley something like next spell will cost 1mp. Possibley a double cast stratagem.

I'm looking forward to convert and Hastaga.
Also AF 3

Here's hoping they make it good.
 Fairy.Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-03-10 03:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Landyr said:
I know what I would like to see SCH get and what makes the most sense.
Storm spell lvl 2 gives double weather and extra 3 stat points on stormsurge.
Here's hoping they make it good.

That would be nice, but we need to get them as merit, otherwise, stormsurge merit would become useless.. ^^

I also would like to get the 6th charge, but it seems that there's not the space for that...
 Sylph.Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-10 04:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

not really what I'm thinking is Stormsurge when used in connection to you lvl 2 stormspell would get extra stat boost or something like it. So you still need to merit stormsurge its just giving you more reason to cast teir 2 then teir one storm spells
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-10 04:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Could some one please explain to why SCH should be best nuker over time?

I know I will get called a QQing BLM, and maybe I am; but I really don't get it.

BLM has one use... Nuking.
SCH has about 30 all of which they can do very nearly as well (if not better than) the main job that is set that task as well as unique spells/abilities.

To me, that seems a little unbalanced. How is it right for the best nuker in the game is also the best buffer (of the mages, obviously BRD and COR are different) AND the second best healer?

I know SCH can't do all these things at the same time, but you nearly can, if you manage your Strats well.

IMO the level 99 thing will allow SE to redress the balance:

BLM = Nuker
RDM = Enfeebler
WHM = Healer
SCH = Buffer + 'jack of all trades, but the master of NONE OF THE ABOVE)

When SE notices SCH being better at healing than WHM then buffed WHM with a big update. So I am hoping they will do the same for BLM, either via an update or by altering how the jobs progress to 99.
[+]
 Fairy.Vylandra
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-03-10 04:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Could some one please explain to why SCH should be best nuker over time?

I know I will get called a QQing BLM, and maybe I am; but I really don't get it.

BLM has one use... Nuking.
SCH has about 30 all of which they can do very nearly as well (if not better than) the main job that is set that task as well as unique spells/abilities.

To me, that seems a little unbalanced. How is it right for the best nuker in the game is also the best buffer (of the mages, obviously BRD and COR are different) AND the second best healer?

I know SCH can't do all these things at the same time, but you nearly can, if you manage your Strats well.

IMO the level 99 thing will allow SE to redress the balance:

BLM = Nuker
RDM = Enfeebler
WHM = Healer
SCH = Buffer 'jack of all trades, but the master of NONE OF THE ABOVE)

When SE notices SCH being better at healing than WHM then buffed WHM with a big update. So I am hoping they will do the same for BLM, either via an update or by altering how the jobs progress to 99.

This post couldn't possibly be more right.
 Asura.Sneaker
By Asura.Sneaker 2010-03-10 04:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i 100% agree with Argettio!
 Sylph.Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-10 04:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed SCH was meant to be a buffer and support mage. Helix was designed to be a powerful dot. I was happy with SCH when if first came out. I liked that you needed to think about how best to support your party/alliance with it not replace other jobs. Its still meant to be its own thing not a blm or whm and it bugs me when people think that. I know SE was thinking so much more about augmenting a party with a SCH not replacing other jobs. Stormspells I think where intended to augment both spells and ws of that element. Also to activate weather based latants.
 Fairy.Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-03-10 04:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
When SE notices SCH being better at healing than WHM then buffed WHM with a big update.

Actually, that was a LOLupdate... didn't improve that much the whm healing power...

Sadly, also the RDM taken just as nuker, with the proper equip, refresh, convert, and TIII spam, would have a better parser then a blm, in a long time event...

But in fact, sch is meant to be a support job for evey kind of pt: blm pt with hailstormga and klimaformga (great in combo with af2 feet), and just TIII spam). DD pt with enspell, firestormga or thunderstormga. Tank ot (best supporter) with phalanxga, stoneskinga, and sandtormga.

I agree too it should be more balanced..
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-10 05:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Yunachan said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
When SE notices SCH being better at healing than WHM then buffed WHM with a big update.

Actually, that was a LOLupdate... didn't improve that much the whm healing power...

Sadly, also the RDM taken just as nuker, with the proper equip, refresh, convert, and TIII spam, would have a better parser then a blm, in a long time event...

SE updates are rarely 'effective' my point was, they did it, which means they felt it needed doing.

As for the RDM vs BLM nuking, while that is true (to a point), RDM is a long way behind in terms of M.ACC. This is ok in placed like dynamis and some of limbus etc but on harder stuff a RDM just won't cut it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-10 05:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's holding out hope Scholar gets Endow-Element unique spell line. High power-1shot Enspell cast on target party member. Damage if a function of Caster Skill/INT and Target party member's Attack, Versus the enemy's typical resistance factors. If you've played FFIX with Vivi and Steiner in the same party, you know what I'm gettin at!
[+]
 Fairy.Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-03-10 05:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of really strong HNM, I'm obiously haven
Kujata.Argettio said:
Fairy.Yunachan said:
Kujata.Argettio said:

As for the RDM vs BLM nuking, while that is true (to a point), RDM is a long way behind in terms of M.ACC. This is ok in placed like dynamis and some of limbus etc but on harder stuff a RDM just won't cut it.

In terms of really strong HNM I'm obviously having big troubles too on nuking...often I got resisted....and blm overrun sch of course...
my long time events were referred to dyna especially...
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-10 05:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Yunachan said:
In terms of really strong HNM, I'm obiously haven
Kujata.Argettio said:
Fairy.Yunachan said:
Kujata.Argettio said:

In terms of really strong HNM I'm obviously having big troubles too on nuking...often I got resisted....and blm overrun sch of course...
my long time events were referred to dyna especially...

The difference is, SCH can reach the same level of m.acc (approx) as a BLM, a RDM can't.

A well geared SCH and easily hit ~320-330 skill and ~120 INT which is the basis of a resist set, so will be as accurate as a BLM
 Fairy.Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-03-10 07:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

330 Skill is really not that easy to reach....U could, but your INT would be nerfed like crazy... Sure, if u're a taru, with items like Aureole, Kaeko, with food, was able to hit 326/120, that is definitely less then his 334/131 of his blm...Scholar has B+ in elemental, that is 20 ems less then a blm...
I can get loew resistance rate on landing helix (due to full merits, that give me +15 MACC).
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-10 07:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You have you're AF spell and with storms you can always get the benefit of free m.acc.

Yes SCH is behind BLM in terms of m.acc, but not by enough to make a difference. And the gap is closing.

Kaeko's comparison must be over a year old now, we have had the 3 mini expansions since then (all of which have given SCH a decent improvement in gear) as well as the Fomor NMs in the past with the Shrewd pumps (to what ever they are called) and a few other things that have improved the SCHs 'ideal' builds.

Fairy.Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-03-10 07:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Klimaform has a 3 min recast, so that doesn't make a difference...

Yes, we have a decent equip, but nothing amazing, and yes, we deal good long time dmg, but just because of mp best usage due to dark arts and parsimony, not because of the amount of single damage.
Blm has better nuke equip, with genie/igqira,nashira,"morgana" (luck who get it ^^), and deal easly more dmg then a sch on the single nuke. Blm should /sch for example in dyna...and I bet the amount of damage would radically change...
Moreover, blms have this:
Magic Attack Bonus IV
Obtained: Black Mage Level 70
Total Magic Attack Bonus: +32
that is huge...

I mean, and I repeate, the problem is not on numberbs (in favour of blm) but on abilities...

First Page 2 3 4