Nidhogg Merc?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » nidhogg merc?
nidhogg merc?
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-06 21:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm i wonder if I could sponsor einherjer runs in return for the abj. would be much cheaper that way
 Bahamut.Altron
Server: Bahamut
user: Kayeel
By Bahamut.Altron 2010-03-06 21:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even
 Bahamut.Rienea
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2010-03-06 21:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. Good luck with that.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-06 21:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut represent
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-06 21:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be busting your *** to finish CoP by any means possible and trying to find a good Limbus shell for your Homam. Don't make excuses. Do it or quit the game.

Other than that, and just going off your AH page and assuming salvage gear is never going to happen:

Death Scythe-> Perdu Sickle (Tred Scythe and NOTHING else if you're not planning to get access to Perdu weapons)

Mythril+1-> Pole or Rose (depending on x-hit)

Earrings-> Brutal(CoP!)/Abyssal - if you're DRK main there is ZERO reason to not have these...

adaman celata-> turban for TP and oHat (yes, oHat) for WS

NQ Hauberk-> +1

Hands-> Homam Ideally for TP (dusk until then), AF+1, Heca or Alky's for WS

Rings-> Rajas/5acc or 2x5acc ring of your choice for TP / Rajas/Triumph for WS

NQ Amemet->+1 or better yet Cuch Mantle or maybe Abyss Cape for WS

lolBreeches-> Black Cuisses at the very least, again Homam is one of the biggest upgrades you can realize of all slots. GET SEA ACCESS.

feet-> even nq AF should serve you better that crap :/ Homam (dusk until) is again the winner for TP and Heca/Black Sollerets should do well for WS.

waist-> Headlong>Swift>VBelt for TP, Camp a Virtuoso Belt for WS until you have more accuracy in your gear in general, then probably play around with Warwolf.

Neck-> CChain>PCC for TP, SeaGorgets or Justice Torque (CoP completion again!) for WS

I'm going to be brutally honest, your supporting gear falls so massively short that an Adaman Hauberk would be wasted on you and piss off a lot of people that actually put in the work to gear their DRK before considering that upgrade. There's a million things that are actually within your reach that would improve your performance substantially, you just have to be willing to put in the effort.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-06 21:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i was looking
DRK75
SAM 1

start getting that to 49 XD

and will add AMMO:Bomb Core -> Fire Bomblet

yes my DRK is only 37 and i dont have to lv it for the new lv increase, i will /drk37 untill i can /blm45 ('.')b
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-06 21:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
You should be busting your *** to finish CoP by any means possible and trying to find a good Limbus shell for your Homam. Don't make excuses. Do it or quit the game.

Other than that, and just going off your AH page and assuming salvage gear is never going to happen:

Death Scythe-> Perdu Sickle (Tred Scythe and NOTHING else if you're not planning to get access to Perdu weapons)

Mythril 1-> Pole or Rose (depending on x-hit)

Earrings-> Brutal(CoP!)/Abyssal - if you're DRK main there is ZERO reason to not have these...

adaman celata-> turban for TP and oHat (yes, oHat) for WS

NQ Hauberk-> 1

Hands-> Homam Ideally for TP (dusk until then), AF 1, Heca or Alky's for WS

Rings-> Rajas/5acc or 2x5acc ring of your choice for TP / Rajas/Triumph for WS

NQ Amemet-> 1 or better yet Cuch Mantle or maybe Abyss Cape for WS

lolBreeches-> Black Cuisses at the very least, again Homam is one of the biggest upgrades you can realize of all slots. GET SEA ACCESS.

feet-> even nq AF should serve you better that crap :/ Homam (dusk until) is again the winner for TP and Heca/Black Sollerets should do well for WS.

waist-> Headlong>Swift>VBelt for TP, Camp a Virtuoso Belt for WS until you have more accuracy in your gear in general, then probably play around with Warwolf.

Neck-> CChain>PCC for TP, SeaGorgets or Justice Torque (CoP completion again!) for WS

I'm going to be brutally honest, your supporting gear falls so massively short that an Adaman Hauberk would be wasted on you and piss off a lot of people that actually put in the work to gear their DRK before considering that upgrade. There's a million things that are actually within your reach that would improve your performance substantially, you just have to be willing to put in the effort.
I'm waiting for a group for abyssal fight and is tred scythe really better than death? I know it's a crit every 13th hit but that doesn't seem like much of a difference in the long run.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-03-06 21:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tred Scythe is the best non relic scythe /SAM in most situations. DPS on that weapon is absolutely amazing, and never use the Ehead....
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-06 21:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Tred is about +7.5% crit rate (before accounting for diminishing returns). That's a very good amount of extra DoT on your melee swings even if your WS cant crit. I can't say 100% that it beats a Death Scythe(+1) with a really good augment on it but i can say for certain that the math wizards determined it was second only to Perdu before FoV augments became available.

Also good catch by Krazyrs on Fire Bomblet I had overlooked ammo for some reason.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-06 21:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if you don't have Rajas! The 501 Scythes are the best typically.

EDIT: Death +1 will beat Tredecim just on account of the lowered delay. Moliones also does but aside from that, not much does.
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-06 22:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My death scythe augment is only +2 mnd +25 hp -25 mp -1 int
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-06 23:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebody is awesome until you realize that it's barely distinguishable from a Haubergeon/Berk +1. Then the doubt sets in of if your gil/time was wasted.

It's your gil, and time though, so do what you want with it, I just thought you should see an opinion of an Ebody owner who doesn't ballwash the ugly thing just cause they spent months getting it.

I own the shadow plate too, but aside from being dead sexy in it, it's just a part of a regen/idle set. You'd be surprised how nice it is having 4hp/tic regen in gear. Though Shadow Plate(Valkyrie is HQ) is an insane Single-hit WS piece, Guillotine is still the preferred use of 100tp thus the Haub family is still the breadwinner of my DRK at least.

Bonus points for BST in Ebody tho, nothin pisses Warriors off more than seeing lolbst in Blurple. At least on Odin.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-06 23:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Harsh >.> Also, I don't play drk, but wouldn't N head be a better ws piece than o hat?

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ebody is awesome until you realize that it's barely distinguishable from a Haubergeon/Berk 1. Then the doubt sets in of if your gil/time was wasted.
/skeptical.
If you're paying 3m to gain 1str/dex 2att/acc on a hauby+1, how is 5str/dex/att/acc not worth at least 20m (the lower end of ffxiah bazaar prices)?
I dunno but in a game where major gains are made w/ small improvements saying that there's barely a difference reeks of sour grapes.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-07 00:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bonus points for BST in Ebody tho, nothin pisses Warriors off more than seeing lolbst in Blurple. At least on Odin.

Hahaha, I think that goes for all servers.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-07 00:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Usua said:
I was just wondering if there were any links that merc this NM and how much they would charge me for earthen body abj. Any one have any idea?

haha, nq amemet and looking for an ebody. as others have said, you've got a lot of improvements to make before you start thinking about a piece you'll never see without buying an account.

Edit: well, that's not quite true. If you want it that bad, wait for the 99 cap and try getting it then
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-07 00:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Harsh >.> Also, I don't play drk, but wouldn't N head be a better ws piece than o hat?

yes, but like ebody, it's not something he's going to see anytime soon
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-07 00:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Earrings-> Brutal(CoP!)/Abyssal - if you're DRK main there is ZERO reason to not have these... "

even if drk main, fowling or assault is a good substitute, and suppa is too important for dps on nin or thf. so if drk main, but have thf or nin, no need for abyssal.
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-03-07 00:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm skipped most of the posts. Freelot IS selling E.body, just told Max and Ama to bring the price down and make it somewhat in-line with the other servers.

But FYI you aren't getting an E.body for 180k, and LOL at people wanting top-end gear for nothing. The reason we are able to sell at this point is because of winning every Ein we do, and gearing our members completely. Anyone who wants to come in and scoop up an ebody for a couple hundred K, well..... yeah, go ahead and do it on your own.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-07 01:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ebody is awesome until you realize that it's barely distinguishable from a Haubergeon/Berk 1. Then the doubt sets in of if your gil/time was wasted.
/skeptical.
If you're paying 3m to gain 1str/dex 2att/acc on a hauby 1, how is 5str/dex/att/acc not worth at least 20m (the lower end of ffxiah bazaar prices)?
I dunno but in a game where major gains are made w/ small improvements saying that there's barely a difference reeks of sour grapes.

A fair point. Also, perhaps the gain was more marginal as I've been basically a career DRK, so I have much invested already, so E.body might have come off a little bit less worthwhile than it may be to someone else, and BST spends it's time focusing on the EM-T-(T+) range, well within modest gear's hit/damage capacity. That said, I by no means am saying that the jump from a Haubergeon/berk to +1 is worth it either. But value of something is relative. If you can crap out 5m gil a week without any issue, you'd have much more leverage against an argument of "Wasted value" than someone who can maybe farm with significant effort, 1m a week.

Long story short, there's a lot better things that could be done with the minimal 20m you see for an E.body abj. There's a lot worse too.

I don't want to come off as like "I'm sooo awesome lol" but I really have no reason for "Sour grapes" About my own adaburk. It's probably one of the least inspiring stories about the coveted slip of paper. I happened to just forget I was in Dragon Aery, and log in at the right time, in the right circumstances. No Dramatic flail/mpk/steal/drama. Just pure, unadulterated luck.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-07 01:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Well NHeads are only 2-3M + ~3-400k cursed gear. Not bad at all if you're looking at buying an EBody. Also, he said he had put together the mats for a PAbj Cursed body, and those run around 3m iirc....

Edit: tbh If i had 20-40m laying around and I didn't already have my blurple, I'd be much more likely to spend it on a speed belt or dusk+1 gloves. But then again i'm a wh*re for haste.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-07 01:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Well NHeads are only 2-3M ~3-400k cursed gear. Not bad at all if you're looking at buying an EBody. Also, he said he had put together the mats for a PAbj Cursed body, and those run around 3m iirc....

Look at the rest of his gear. NQ Amemet, bomb core, etc.

He was asking about ebody because he had no concept of how much it cost. He was basing the price off the cost of the cursed gear. His gear is beyond terrible. He has no chance of scraping up that much gil, and if he somehow does, there are a lot of things he should spend it on first.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tealsic
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-03-07 01:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

d00d for ur feet slot since u dont have cop go for Aurum Sabotons pretty easy to get from Achamoth
[+]
By Fairy.Maximilianbob 2010-03-07 01:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgrades I would recommend for your drk, assuming what I am seeing is your tp set (minus the empress of course)
get /sam, get /nin (well it can't hurt anyway), get /dnc, finish /whm; get them to 40+ since the level cap may or will be changing.

Get combat merits. Learn about how tp/acc/haste/wses work, or at least basic stuff about em. At a very basic level, for combat you want to tp in acc/haste and ws in acc/stats/atk depending on stats. The ffxi wiki is reasonably layman-oriented but take it with a grain of salt.

Start working on getting gear. The other recommendations listed so far do a good job of explaining what you can do to improve your gear, but you need to use your own judgment as to what is feasible given your own play-time, gil, etc.

Given what I see in your ffxiah gear profile, it probably isn't a good idea to worry about stuff like ebody at your stage of play. However there are some affordable other options. If you are interested in purchasing gear feel free to send me a PM on ffxiah; I can provide you my ls's information as well as other possible options.
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-07 02:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Well NHeads are only 2-3M ~3-400k cursed gear. Not bad at all if you're looking at buying an EBody. Also, he said he had put together the mats for a PAbj Cursed body, and those run around 3m iirc....

Look at the rest of his gear. NQ Amemet, bomb core, etc.

He was asking about ebody because he had no concept of how much it cost. He was basing the price off the cost of the cursed gear. His gear is beyond terrible. He has no chance of scraping up that much gil, and if he somehow does, there are a lot of things he should spend it on first.
2-3 mil isn't too extremely hard to pull together I just tend to spend a lot of money on other ***so I don't keep large amounts.
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-03-07 02:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is giving you an E.body for 2-3 mil. ... or did I misunderstand what you were implying.

Also, if you have 2-3m spend it on your gear.
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-07 02:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Andrinne said:
No one is giving you an E.body for 2-3 mil. ... or did I misunderstand what you were implying.

Also, if you have 2-3m spend it on your gear.
they were talking about a head piece.
 Phoenix.Tealsic
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-03-07 02:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole spending gill on ***has gatta stop though. Sounds like a bullyish thing when read but its the truth. Its like my friend wants his main job to look pimp but also wants to get a blau for his thf which he just got 75? lol put ALL your gill to your drk. If you feel you will spend the gill then put it all on a mule so you dont have to see it.

edit* look at your profile and click on your assault rank. This will pull up al ist of everyone on your server with the same rank. Write em down or if ur on pc just start sending out tells. This way you can rank up so you can get a perdu in the mean time youll need standing to get that perdu so you can go merit ^^/ 3 things takin care of in 1 motion
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-07 02:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tealsic said:
the whole spending gill on ***has gatta stop though. Sounds like a bullyish thing when read but its the truth. Its like my friend wants his main job to look pimp but also wants to get a blau for his thf which he just got 75? lol put ALL your gill to your drk. If you feel you will spend the gill then put it all on a mule so you dont have to see it.

edit* look at your profile and click on your assault rank. This will pull up al ist of everyone on your server with the same rank. Write em down or if ur on pc just start sending out tells. This way you can rank up so you can get a perdu in the mean time youll need standing to get that perdu so you can go merit ^^/ 3 things takin care of in 1 motion
lol I know, I tend to spend it when I'm playing on other jobs for gear/spells/whatever.
 Fairy.Sandman
user: sandman16
By Fairy.Sandman 2010-03-07 02:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Try getting a good link. Prove yourself a faithful memeber, enjoy making new friends, in time you'll get your gear. Its not the destination, is the trip.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-07 09:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, you have a lot to work on before Ebody. I didn't even click on your profile before making my initial post.

If you want an ebody, there's always the next mog bonanza