Synergy - Ebur Coat
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2010-03-03 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hallo!
I'm wondering if any of you smart people can help me?
I've bought myself an Ebon Frock and farmed an Aptant: Secan. Next up Im going after the Ebur Pigments.

My questions are:
Do I need to dye the frock before I turn it into the coat using the aptant? Or can I turn it into a coat now,and turn it white once I have the pigment?
Also, What level skills do I need to make it?
(My synergy skill is 1 (lol), but I have Clothcraft at 92.)

Really hoping someone can help me. I'm a bit lost XD

Thanks for reading^^
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-03-03 10:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to add the pigment after you make the coat, but not before you etch it, unless you want to do all that etching again. You might have some luck etching the first slot on that coat with level 1 synergy but forget about the other 2.

As far as making the ebon frock, its a level 100 cc synth and also requires 58+ leather and 54+ goldsmithing.
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2010-03-03 10:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i use someone elses synergy skills to etch?
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-03 10:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. After you trade the equipment and relevant Aptant, someone else can direct the synergy.
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Yes. After you trade the equipment and relevant Aptant, someone else can direct the synergy.
Wait im looking into this to, question so You can give the items to someone with the right lvls with the crafts needed the coat and synth and then give back to you? @_@
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-03-20 20:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Wait im looking into this to, question so You can give the items to someone with the right lvls with the crafts needed the coat and synth and then give back to you? @_@
no i believe you would trade it to the furnice and the crafter would make it and i would guess the item goes to who ever used mats? tbh not sure about any of this but the Aptants and the coat its self are ex i believe
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elvaton said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
no i believe you would trade it to the furnice and the crafter would make it and i would guess the item goes to who ever used mats? tbh not sure about any of this but the Aptants and the coat its self are ex i believe
Yeah....And HI ELVATON! :D *tackles*
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-03-20 20:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well hello Ms. Poupee
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

XD lol
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-03-20 20:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so this is what its like to be a troll :P
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Im no troll :(
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-03-20 20:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

:P nope your Poupee now log back on ffxi
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elvaton said:
:P nope your Poupee now log back on ffxi
in a few im playing this unicorn game <,<
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-03-20 20:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> im sure your party already repped you its safe to log on
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elvaton said:
>.> im sure your party already repped you its safe to log on
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine >:|
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-20 21:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an example:

Person A has NO craft/symergy skill at all, but wants the ebon frock
Person B has 50 synergy but no craft skill
Person C has 100 clothcraft and subs but no synergy

All three people party up, since person C has the required synthesis levels, you will be able to attempt the craft. Person A trades the items to the furnace, and Person B operates the furnace.

As far as I'm aware, you only need someone in party (don't even have to be near the furnace, just in the same zone I think) with required synthesis levels to be able to ATTEMPT the synergy. The synth levels play no other part in the synergy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 21:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Distance matters. Or did at first. I know when it first came out we were doing juice near the leather craft guild in sandy and since i was the only one with cooking once I got to near the mh I think they couldn't do it.

Anyways anyone can operate but people with synergy skill (and people who lvld up specific actions) do it more efficiently. Like For feeding will do it with less gain in pressure/impurities. For the others just remove more pressure, impurities, heal more, more likely to prevent explosion etc. Normally for working with people with low/no skill I will feed and when it gets low heal and try to have them keep track of pressure/impurities since going back all the time waste a bit of time.

Only the person trading the items can get the product or in case of failure the ingredients back. As far as dying later yes that's the only way I've done it mostly cause getting ebur pigment is a pain without a group that does those things.

Etching the 3rd slot is pretty hard to even succede solo let alone try to HQ. So I suggest even if you have like 0 synergy skill to either try and help out by operating the pressure/impurities and/or adding fewell while the synergist is using it up to give you more time.
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 22:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Here's an example: Person A has NO craft/symergy skill at all, but wants the ebon frock Person B has 50 synergy but no craft skill Person C has 100 clothcraft and subs but no synergy All three people party up, since person C has the required synthesis levels, you will be able to attempt the craft. Person A trades the items to the furnace, and Person B operates the furnace. As far as I'm aware, you only need someone in party (don't even have to be near the furnace, just in the same zone I think) with required synthesis levels to be able to ATTEMPT the synergy. The synth levels play no other part in the synergy.
makes alot of sense ^^ thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [100 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-06-29 07:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Here's an example:

Person A has NO craft/symergy skill at all, but wants the ebon frock
Person B has 50 synergy but no craft skill
Person C has 100 clothcraft and subs but no synergy

All three people party up, since person C has the required synthesis levels, you will be able to attempt the craft. Person A trades the items to the furnace, and Person B operates the furnace.

As far as I'm aware, you only need someone in party (don't even have to be near the furnace, just in the same zone I think) with required synthesis levels to be able to ATTEMPT the synergy. The synth levels play no other part in the synergy.

Ok, just to be sure, I have 0 synthing and 0 crafting skills, but I do have LS mates with both, willing to help. I want a Furia Talar, which is the rdm/blu specialized version of a Furia/Ebon Frock. If I have all the materials, can the Talar be synthed/synergized/made? I ask because I read somewhere that once it's made into a Talar is becomes EX and can't be traded?
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-29 07:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The person that trades the mats is the one who retrieves them no matter who actually does the synergy.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-06-29 07:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
The person that trades the mats is the one who retrieves them no matter who actually does the synergy.

Thanks!