Forum » FFXI » General » Not about the Lv cap Thread
Not about the Lv cap Thread
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-02 10:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Removal of CoP Lv Caps intrests me alot . See it says Area caps , not BCNMs . So i am thinking the Fights that are capped will continue to be so , while The areas will all be uncapped . Makes Scale farming and Blue Magic learning easier right ? I also thought i read something about making Progression faster . There are some promising things in these Changes that dont include or revolve around 99 , just wondering how you all feel About them . Personally i think Uncapped CoP areas will be interesting , especially if they keep the fights capped . I mean the Capped Fight is like 71% of the difficulty IMHO , but i do have to admit Farming in a capped area does add to it . In the end tho , removing the cap from the Areas doesnt Diminish the work , effort , and time I put into getting Access to Sea and my Tamas Ring . But it does gimp CoP , yet again .I thinks its a testiment to the difficulty level of the story line and should make the more Vetran player proud of how far they got and what they did before it was gimped . I got to 3 paths before the first Nerf , and even tho i was 1/5 on each of the first 3 Promies , i beat them pre-nerf . any way , Yea no more CoP Area Lv Caps sounds kinda exciting , at least to this SMN .
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of speeding up progression. I think they should make the need for 3 people max to complete all the qst/miss/story lines.
 Hades.Rictor
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2010-03-02 10:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty excited for this as well, as I never have the time for static groups. Being able to low-man the essential missions would be awesome. I really hope the area cap removal does apply to the BCs. If nothing else, getting to Promy ENMS will get waaaaay easier.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah With the new expantion new quest for weapon upgrades ect..and all the old stuff subjob qst kazam keys ect... the time it would take a brand new player to complete the game to this new endgame stuff will take like 2 years which is just lol they would have to make the old stuff easier to complete via removing lv caps on areas miss ect.. and allowing 99
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-02 11:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It would also make some pieces of Gear easier to get like Sorobo , Voyager Sallet , Swift Belt , Ect . The removal of Area cap alone makes many aspects of Game and story eaier to complete , especially with smaller numbers . By maintaining BCNM Lv cap it still allows for Story progression by lower Lv players , much in the way the G2 NMs were Nerfed . Thats probly not such a great example , but yea . I'm also very interested in what Reward awaits for the completion of WotG . While the Glory Crown for ToAU is more of a SHow piece , i am sure WotG will be similar since , like ToAU , the Bad-assedness of the Gear/items obtained thru the Expansion it self doesnt exactly require something like a CoP ring or DM earring . I am sure they will give us something to signify the Completion or being damn near it . I mean While alot of things recieved thru CoP (AF/Relic+1 , Torques , Capes , Novio , Hommam , Nashira ) and ZM ( Abj Armour , Kirins Osode Set ) these things are not nearly as..... versitile as a CoP Ring or some of the things rewarded thru WotG and AU ( Iron Ram , Cobra , Askar , Assault Rings , Salvage Gears , ZNM equip ) . Being able to Take on the SHadowlord in the Past could be fun aswell . They also kinda hint that he'll drop some pretty cool things in the Past , like in Dynamis , specific to him . The Shadowlord Helmut thing looks really cool . cant wait to see the stats , know what i'm sayin .
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2010-03-02 11:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally I can get my swift belt and probably some panties for my PLD.
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-02 11:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i have had one CoP static that has failed and working on another one atm that doesnt seem to be going any where, while I do respect the hard work and dedication it took vet players to complete this story line it would be nice for someone like me that has had bad luck finding people willing to stick out a static and get it done to be able to find 2 or 3 people that are on enough to be able to blast through this, so I'm crossing my noob fingers and hoping that the bcnms will be uncapped as well lol
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 12:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
It would also make some pieces of Gear easier to get like Sorobo , Voyager Sallet , Swift Belt , Ect . The removal of Area cap alone makes many aspects of Game and story eaier to complete , especially with smaller numbers . By maintaining BCNM Lv cap it still allows for Story progression by lower Lv players , much in the way the G2 NMs were Nerfed . Thats probly not such a great example , but yea . I'm also very interested in what Reward awaits for the completion of WotG . While the Glory Crown for ToAU is more of a SHow piece , i am sure WotG will be similar since , like ToAU , the Bad-assedness of the Gear/items obtained thru the Expansion it self doesnt exactly require something like a CoP ring or DM earring . I am sure they will give us something to signify the Completion or being damn near it . I mean While alot of things recieved thru CoP (AF/Relic 1 , Torques , Capes , Novio , Hommam , Nashira ) and ZM ( Abj Armour , Kirins Osode Set ) these things are not nearly as..... versitile as a CoP Ring or some of the things rewarded thru WotG and AU ( Iron Ram , Cobra , Askar , Assault Rings , Salvage Gears , ZNM equip ) . Being able to Take on the SHadowlord in the Past could be fun aswell . They also kinda hint that he'll drop some pretty cool things in the Past , like in Dynamis , specific to him . The Shadowlord Helmut thing looks really cool . cant wait to see the stats , know what i'm sayin .

If se is smart they'll put a small boost on the existing endgame gear as you climb to lv 99(homam askar relic ect..)similar to how the rajas ring works so it won't make the current endgame obsolete. maybe adding an additional +3 to the current stats of the gear when you reach lv 99.
 Carbuncle.Heithem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-03-07 12:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't know why nobody realizes why the cap on COP area's are lifted. SE spelled it out for you in the statement on the vana' con web site. They are adjusting mob placement to make camps for the Exp camp after cap increase. What better places like CoP area's the have no Exp camps in them because of the lvl caps. Look at the damn name of the Add-on's. ABYSSEA.<<<<< SEA. Doesn't it stand to reason, that the first lvl cap lift and CoP area lvl cap Lift happen in the same update, That your going to be entering the new area's from Promivon or revine site #b01 #a01.

It may be a good idea for ppl to lvl on the new higher lvl mobs that area gonna block your way to the add-on content. I think dodging them is gonna be a big mistake. unless you wanna get to the new area's and find out every mob is gonna be like fighting a HNM because your lvl 75 and they are all have screwy status effect debuffs.