Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF99 For the Win
THF99 For the Win
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 06:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm gonna enjoy Sneak Attack/Trick Attack/Unexpected Attack + Ultimate Edging me some Grand Colibri and getting 50% drop rates on Promathian Seals (for use in PSNMs, of course) with my TH5.

<...< >...>
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 06:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think it's funny how the update to THF pretty much set in stone even in SE's eyes that thief is little more than a TH stick.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 06:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I loathe TH. But if I'm gonna make a joke topic, I may as well do it from an angle everyone else would get. And what's everyone else see THF as?

A TH-***, that's what.
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-03-01 06:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking forward to that new "Steal" they're thinking about! I could finally steal an item... Err, Gil! Oh wait... Well, how about Hate or buffs? Shi-

Hmmm.. Yeah, I got nothin'

Tiny pokey sticks of death go?
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 06:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aura steal is pretty neat method of dispel. THF dps is pretty decent assuming they're well geared and versed in its function and are against mobs weak to piercing.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-01 06:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

pft WHM99 > all

Curaga VI

Cure VII

Protectra VI
Shellra VI

Regen V

Holy II
Haste II

but i hope BLM gets Ultima >.>
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-01 07:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK needs job ability "hit the target". Hopefully by 85.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-01 07:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
rofl
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Aura steal is pretty neat method of dispel. THF dps is pretty decent assuming they're well geared and versed in its function and are against mobs weak to piercing.
Lol, I always love stealing an effect like Warcry and keeping it for like 10 minutes. WTF kinda Warcry are these mobs using, anyway? XD
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 07:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall an old LS mate stealing a UFO's boost effect and immediately getting 999 attack. Sadly he had already meleed by the time he noticed.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 07:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:

I can see salvage now "make sure you aura steal the qiqirn before attempting regular steal for the cell".
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2010-03-02 15:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
rofl
ISnt this the truth... could we have it by 80 though?
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-02 15:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

having a NIN/WAR tank against any kind of colibri you need a THF that knows what they are doing to help the tank keep hate, my GF and I would always lfp as a group on THF/NIN me and NIN/WAR her. We got a few compliments here and there about how well we worked together establishing and keeping hate. Other than that yes it sadly seems that my first 75 is nothing more than an awesome NM/crafting mat TH farming tool

><

it's still pretty badass though
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-02 20:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also turn it into a DD powerhouse and a powerful, albeit situational, tank. Just takes a lot of work to get it from a farming too, to that poing. Grats on your first 75 :3

OP, God I hope endgame mobs aren't Super Colibri or Grand Colibri, hah. Or Super Crabs.... etc...

On a bit of a serious note though, there are two things to be interested in for Thf as an up & coming 99 DD:
(1)10% Dual Wield, Yonin/Innin, and 5% SubtleBlow is going to be the biggest boost that any DD's will be able to get from their respective common sub-jobs. So in theory if they balance the attack/accuracy formulae at 99, then in theory it looks like we just got buffed.
(2)If they don't balance attack/accuracy formulae at 99, we'll be 30 combat skill behind A+ weapon users. And the 2-hander buff acting on STR/DEX will cause an even greater disparity in accuracy/attack. If a level 99 War/Sam just barely reached 95% accuracy, we would be at less than ~75%-80% with the same equipment.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-03-02 20:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA sry i cant stop laughing :P
By Neonracer 2010-03-02 20:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds to me the OP has a case of Im better than all of you, and seems to know the JA's and the WS's of a 99 thf...

were you there at Vanafest, and are you really now at 99 and you let the cat outa the bag???

hmmmm I'd wanna check that waiver that you signed at the entry desk at vanafest there son, i think you mighta implicated yourself.

<Ouch>
 Asura.Kairyu
user: kairyu
By Asura.Kairyu 2010-03-02 20:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
OP, God I hope endgame mobs aren't Super Colibri or Grand Colibri, hah. Or Super Crabs.... etc...
Quote:
Super Crabs....
All I saw was crabs! lol.

Seriously though, It will kind of suck if they don't scale weapon skill ranks properly - it would totally suck if you had an A- in your main weapon and found it difficult to get your hitrate to at least 75% comfortably. To be honest I think that partially why they decided to boost PUP's H2H skill. Could you imagine the gap at 99 from an A rating?

On that note, whats going to happen to COR? Don't they get like a C+ in Marksmanship?
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-03 08:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonrace yer bein too serious ><

But you missed out it seems. Did you know that Vanafest was, essentially, from start to finish, aired over a live stream for everyone to watch? Also we had live twitter updates translated into English regarding most of the major points.

Per what they said at Vanafest, it looks like they're goign to be giving thief another level of TH and possibly some sort of steal ability. Which isn't anything special >,< but owell we don't 'truly' need a buff anyway.

Oh yeah and shiiiiat, if you look in the update notes, you can already see that Super Crabs are on the rise.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-03 08:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why they don't give THF a DD buff is beyond me :( it's such a fun job and it's not really anywhere near as weak as people would lead you to believe, but still. I shouldn't have to put in obscene levels of effort to match/beat a mediocre SAM.

That said, this is probably more to do with the overpowered nature of SAM etc than anything...

Also I would kill to be able to play a THF of your calibre, Shamaya :( I adore THF (and Mithra) and mine was only very meh compared to your beast!

EDIT: Also, wtf at PUP to A (very deserved) yet THF remains at A- fmlllll
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-03 08:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shamaya said:
Neonrace yer bein too serious ><

But you missed out it seems. Did you know that Vanafest was, essentially, from start to finish, aired over a live stream for everyone to watch? Also we had live twitter updates translated into English regarding most of the major points.

For Starters, I knew of it, 2, most of us who sit behind a cpu (FTW) also have RL, and we do put them first, so to i'm sorry to break that to you. Tell Vanafest I had a Real life. ALso..if one is sick, are you going to be up trying to get updates, it happens. and as for twitter, I'm not up with the new upgrades..i'm too oldskool for that. Call me a grumpy ol ***.LOL

I did read afterwards, but the way the twitter updates were going, there were alot of pauses and breaks.. and I just closed my windows..

I had an idea that every job was going to get a form of TH so to boost the original th, for thf, thf would automatically get the th3, or 4 b.c w a thf knife and being 75 w/o assasins hands, you'd be at th3.
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-03 11:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Think about the reverse though..... any job @99 that now subs thief will now automatically get TH2 and Hide.
 Garuda.Glaciont
Server: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-03 11:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

TH6 please
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-03 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Sounds to me the OP has a case of Im better than all of you, and seems to know the JA's and the WS's of a 99 thf...

were you there at Vanafest, and are you really now at 99 and you let the cat outa the bag???

hmmmm I'd wanna check that waiver that you signed at the entry desk at vanafest there son, i think you mighta implicated yourself.

<Ouch>

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-03 13:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Neonracer said:

<Ouch>

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Oh you're so late on this one....< Catches the airplane, but decides to let it go...I'll catch the next one!>
 Asura.Nightbear
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-03-03 14:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya your THF is far beyond DD you maggot >:/ you need no more updates.. go gimp your self! <3 jk

Anyways I seen Sham THF go from lolTHF to zomgTHF in the lapse of 2 years+ now? and me been a DD player ( MNK WAR SAM NIN ) I hate to break it but THF once worked on it is an insane DD.

>_> 2 SHOT mobs ? wut? Or maybe any job is a lolJOB unless you commit to it and play it right. I have THF my self and really hate to play it when i know all the work i need to put into it. Yet is fun to go chase mobs *** from time to time.

But anyways Sham go farm me some hides THHo'
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-04 04:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, thx for the compliments. Kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu ne^^ I hope this new content doesn't leave me int he dust.

You guys might like this:
Quote:
Thief employs a unique set of Abilities, but also relies on the party to bring out its full potential. This is the form Thief will retain, but expect new variations where instead of matching the pace of the party, the Thief will instead be able to direct the flow party through the use of its techniques. This will include new ways to manage Enmity, allowing the player to more freely raise and lower Enmity and avoid dangerous situations. For endgame content, the Thief may also be improved to deal out more damage. The Community Team Twitter also indicated an enhancement to Treasure Hunter and a new Steal Ability could be in the works.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=126750549243888343&num=31&page=1
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-04 04:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nightbear said:
Shamaya your THF is far beyond DD you maggot >:/ you need no more updates.. go gimp your self! <3 jk

Anyways I seen Sham THF go from lolTHF to zomgTHF in the lapse of 2 years now? and me been a DD player ( MNK WAR SAM NIN ) I hate to break it but THF once worked on it is an insane DD.

>_> 2 SHOT mobs ? wut? Or maybe any job is a lolJOB unless you commit to it and play it right. I have THF my self and really hate to play it when i know all the work i need to put into it. Yet is fun to go chase mobs *** from time to time.

But anyways Sham go farm me some hides THHo'

Greatest avatar ever.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-04 05:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wha-? This topic isn't dead? Kewl.

Yeah, I'm definitely coming back to this game soon, if only to see what they end up doing to my favorite job. I certainly hope they don't screw it up, but from what they said it seems they know the direction in which to take it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 06:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
I recall an old LS mate stealing a UFO's boost effect and immediately getting 999 attack. Sadly he had already meleed by the time he noticed.
If that actually did work it probably wont anymore. Stolen traits are supposed to give precentages though at first if I remember right it gave you whatever it gave the mob.

You can get +50% for a few min off of scorps. What I love doing when trying to skillup parrying on steelshells is to steal there def up move. It's +100% def so yeah my thf/dnc in tp gear hits like 800 def with a taco and I can afk with drain samba up on the T crabs and actually gain health lol

Anyways as far as the OP the fanfest mentioned trying to give thf more DD capability and to let it lower/raise emnity at will. Add on DWIII innin/yonin from /nin and yeah sounds kinda hawt
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-03-04 06:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shamaya said:
Heh, thx for the compliments. Kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu ne^^ I hope this new content doesn't leave me int he dust.

You guys might like this:
Quote:
Thief employs a unique set of Abilities, but also relies on the party to bring out its full potential. This is the form Thief will retain, but expect new variations where instead of matching the pace of the party, the Thief will instead be able to direct the flow party through the use of its techniques. This will include new ways to manage Enmity, allowing the player to more freely raise and lower Enmity and avoid dangerous situations. For endgame content, the Thief may also be improved to deal out more damage. The Community Team Twitter also indicated an enhancement to Treasure Hunter and a new Steal Ability could be in the works.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=126750549243888343&num=31&page=1

I only wanted SE to give us our own dual wield trait, and A+ in dagger. Was that too much to ask for? I think so, because all we there for is sticking th stats up ls leaders *** *** and pulling.