New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
 Seraph.Kinkashito
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Kinkashito 2010-02-28 05:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I see.

How about merits? Will the moogle just take them away from us while we level to 99 and then give them back later? Or how is that working?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-28 05:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually really excited about this update. Almost tempted to start playing again ... to be honest, this game was getting very stagnant and a bit of wild change might be all it needs. It could turn out a mess, it could turn out amazing. Kudos to SE having the balls to try it though; speaks great things of FFXIV imo.

I don't really care if my Adaman Hauberk etc become obsoleted because nobody should have to go through the hellhole of HNM to get this kind of gear and it is bad for a game's progression for such old gear to still dominate anyway.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-02-28 05:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'm guessing most people won't care too much about grinding out XP again. How many of us sit in parties getting merits for hours on end? I can't see how switching to xp would make it that much different.

Of course, those of you that are capped in merits and xp... well, now you have something more to keep you busy with your friends :)

Depends how they structure the xp tnl from 75-99. It could be awesome, or could be ridiculously mundane... We'll have to wait and see. I'm glad they are doing something though. After 7 years of same old dead fish... finally, someone had some balls and flipped the game on its ***. If they do it right, and it works... /slowclap

Now, I'm nearly foaming at the mouth anticipating the new areas/mobs/NMs/HNMs that they will be throwing out at us. Now that they are gunning for level 99s... how tough will they possibly be? o.O
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 05:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph. Kinkashito said:
I see. How about merits? Will the moogle just take them away from us while we level to 99 and then give them back later? Or how is that working?

No idea how any of it is working. SE hasn't announced specifics yet. I imagine it'll be kinda like the system is now. You can either choose to xp or merit. Your merits stay with you still as you lvl and a whole new merit system will open up when you reach lvl 99 (higher skill caps, Group 3 merits for jobs?).
 Seraph.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-02-28 06:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

69-70 32,000 611,350
70-71 34,000 645,350
71-72 36,000 681,350
72-73 38,000 719,350
73-74 40,000 759,350
74-75 42,000 801,350
75-76 44,000 845,350
98->99 88,000 2,645,350

How much exp from 69 to 99?
∫ 30000+2000x dx = 1,800,000 <- if exp increases linearly

So total exp from 0-99 = 2,645,350

fixitfixitfixitfixitfixit
 Remora.Pixter
Server: Remora
user: Pixter
By Remora.Pixter 2010-02-28 06:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh me haz your avatar helixx

lol

chihiros reise ins zaberland war das oder?
 Seraph.Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-02-28 06:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ja
 Siren.Ashkente
Server: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-02-28 06:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter how much xp it takes to get to 99.

They've given SMN burns access to Zantetsuken.
Now they've just determined that everyone will be 99 within the first week of the cap hitting.

Welcome to WoFFXI, people, enjoy the ride.

Everything else announced looks solid, but handing out more levels and then basically giving them away without any effort, bad idea.. baaad.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 06:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE there will be limitations to Zantetsuken.

Such as limited number of mobs affected, limit to level difference to take effect, reduced or eliminated exp gain through use of Zantetsuken, etc.

Don't hold your breath yet =/
[+]
 Asura.Foxxy
user: Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-02-28 06:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'm actually really excited about this update. Almost tempted to start playing again ... to be honest, this game was getting very stagnant and a bit of wild change might be all it needs. It could turn out a mess, it could turn out amazing. Kudos to SE having the balls to try it though; speaks great things of FFXIV imo.

I don't really care if my Adaman Hauberk etc become obsoleted because nobody should have to go through the hellhole of HNM to get this kind of gear and it is bad for a game's progression for such old gear to still dominate anyway.
1 why couldnt it been bahamut and asura mergred so i could see friends
2 yea it could breath a lot of live into it but im worryed how much of a just boring burn to 99 it will be x.x
3 hopefully they wont make our other add on items gimp
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-28 06:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

If you come back come to Garuda Lakshmi so I have a local FFXI buddy!
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-28 06:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:

How did you get the integral symbol :( I want it.

And yeah, hopefully they ease the grinding a lot. Anyone excited about levelling that sub they were so happy to see hit 37 and be there forever? <_> That's one of the big downsides I can see.
Quote:

If I came back the temptation was always to go to Phoenix at this point but hmm, will HNMLSs even exist anymore? It would be nice for things ingame not to revolve simply around claiming anymore.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 06:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people have no idea what the hell an xp grind is... way way way back when 75 cap was introduced, it cost about 80k+ just to go from 74-75. And this was when your parties got an average of 3-6k xp per hour... and that was considered good. The camps nowadays are a breeze compared to those days. Newer players have no idea how easy they have it.
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-02-28 06:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Will this mean that there will be a Maat hat +1?
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-02-28 06:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Chocoboaiden said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
I honestly do not see the big deal with this... SE basically just expanded the game and it's no different than what they've done in the past when you think about it. Game first comes out. Everyone lvls up and gets their gear. Some aim high and some just aim for fun. Then CoP comes out. Everyone scrambles to finish the story and earn their reward. Some move on to the endgame aspect for the new and better gear. Then comes ToAU. Everyone lvling new jobs and enjoying the awesome new xp camps. Then the endgame areas are released and everyone is scrambling to do those for the awesome gear. So how is this any different? In the past, you've always end up aiming for better gear/play styles/experiences. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old one. You're getting new gear/abilities/play styles. More endgame is coming which will center around these changes. I think this is actually a brilliant way of adding to the game without actually adding an entirely new expansion. Kudos SE.
WIN!!! =D
FAIL!! It's 3 new addons
 Seraph.Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-02-28 06:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

google: Integral, CTRL C + CTRL V, ??? , Profit.
[+]
 Asura.Scribblesz
By Asura.Scribblesz 2010-02-28 06:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
I honestly do not see the big deal with this... SE basically just expanded the game and it's no different than what they've done in the past when you think about it.

Game first comes out. Everyone lvls up and gets their gear. Some aim high and some just aim for fun. Then CoP comes out. Everyone scrambles to finish the story and earn their reward. Some move on to the endgame aspect for the new and better gear. Then comes ToAU. Everyone lvling new jobs and enjoying the awesome new xp camps. Then the endgame areas are released and everyone is scrambling to do those for the awesome gear.

So how is this any different? In the past, you've always end up aiming for better gear/play styles/experiences. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old one. You're getting new gear/abilities/play styles. More endgame is coming which will center around these changes. I think this is actually a brilliant way of adding to the game without actually adding an entirely new expansion. Kudos SE.

Lets see...what would the base stats on a lvl 99 sword be? I can only assume they'd smash something even like Excalibur. That means even lvl 99 craptastic wpn > relics. That would be BS!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 06:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Double fail. It's 3 add-ons, not an expansion. Huge difference.
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2010-02-28 06:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Scribblesz said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
I honestly do not see the big deal with this... SE basically just expanded the game and it's no different than what they've done in the past when you think about it.

Game first comes out. Everyone lvls up and gets their gear. Some aim high and some just aim for fun. Then CoP comes out. Everyone scrambles to finish the story and earn their reward. Some move on to the endgame aspect for the new and better gear. Then comes ToAU. Everyone lvling new jobs and enjoying the awesome new xp camps. Then the endgame areas are released and everyone is scrambling to do those for the awesome gear.

So how is this any different? In the past, you've always end up aiming for better gear/play styles/experiences. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old one. You're getting new gear/abilities/play styles. More endgame is coming which will center around these changes. I think this is actually a brilliant way of adding to the game without actually adding an entirely new expansion. Kudos SE.

Lets see...what would the base stats on a lvl 99 sword be? I can only assume they'd smash something even like Excalibur. That means even lvl 99 craptastic wpn > relics. That would be BS!

relics can be enhanced/augmented/synergied afaik:)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-28 06:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Seraph.Helixx said:

And yeah, hopefully they ease the grinding a lot. Anyone excited about levelling that sub they were so happy to see hit 37 and be there forever? <_> That's one of the big downsides I can see.
Quote:

If I came back the temptation was always to go to Phoenix at this point but hmm, will HNMLSs even exist anymore? It would be nice for things ingame not to revolve simply around claiming anymore.

They won't exist as we know it. If you think all these NMs being added, some will drop replacement gear for kings... Dring V2 maybe? Ridill V2? etc, all the things worth doing HNM for will probably become obsolete bar a few exceptions. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year's time Fafnir walked around unclaimed for awhile!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 06:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

SE already stated that they were going to make it so you can augment or upgrade relics/mythics so that they would remain the best weapons. They're not stupid. There's no way they'd make people work 2 years+ for an item and then turn around and destroy that item with something generic and easy to obtain.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 06:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As always, and I am sure this will apply to current and level 99 gear:

Situational ***is situational. Just hope we get a beefed up inventory system to justify this dumptruck of new content/updates.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-02-28 06:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Quote:
SE already stated that they were going to make it so you can augment or upgrade relics/mythics so that they would remain the best weapons. They're not stupid. There's no way they'd make people work 2 years for an item and then turn around and destroy that item with something generic and easy to obtain.

I didnt see them say "so they'll still be the best weapon" but i did see them say they can be aug'd. Their track record also argues this stupidity thing you speak.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-02-28 06:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been stated that Zantetsuken's accuracy is effected by SMN MP and the number of mobs you're using it on.

Odin and Alexander are only accessible through Astral Flow. And in saying that, it will be possible to AF without an Avatar out now.

In their attempt to make the game more interesting, they've ruined it.
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-02-28 06:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
It's been stated that Zantetsuken's accuracy is effected by SMN MP and the number of mobs you're using it on.

Odin and Alexander are only accessible through Astral Flow. And in saying that, it will be possible to AF without an Avatar out now.

Couldn't agree more -- I do hope they rethink Zantetzuken's use though or astral flow parties everywhere are going to be crazy. Maybe implement a 0exp gain on use of Zantetzuken? Who knows D:
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-02-28 06:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
Couldn't agree more -- I do hope they rethink Zantetzuken's use though or astral flow parties everywhere are going to be crazy. Maybe implement a 0exp gain on use of Zantetzuken? Who knows D:

I second that, Rin.

Or make Odin and Alexander like, 50+ or something to prevent them from being used as a Sub-job.

It's bad enough that /SCH will have access to Hastega along with SCH/WHM or RDM, and /SMN will, too.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 06:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn. Moldtech said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Quote:
SE already stated that they were going to make it so you can augment or upgrade relics/mythics so that they would remain the best weapons. They're not stupid. There's no way they'd make people work 2 years for an item and then turn around and destroy that item with something generic and easy to obtain.
I didnt see them say "so they'll still be the best weapon" but i did see them say they can be aug'd. Their track record also argues this stupidity thing you speak.

That was pretty much intended. As I said, they're not going to screw people over on something as difficult to obtain as a relic/mythic. They've stated in the past that relics would be the best weapons you can get in the game and mythics would follow them as next best.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-02-28 06:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh! It's going to be crazy! very very very crazy~
Though! on the Vanafest page it does say that summoning Alex/Odin would initiate Astral Flow, and releasing them would end astral flow -- so that should keep them strictly to summoner main jawb. I'm still troubled by this though... I'm in 2 minds about the whole update, a lot is kinda "interesteeeen!" and the rest is like "Hold me :'("
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-28 06:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
Asura.Xenophire said:

It says the more monsters in range the less accurate it is, with that many monsters I bet like 1-3 max will die.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-02-28 06:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a relief :D
I'm still tryin to get all this to sink in haha... it's 5am here so I'm almost turned into a pumpkin... @_e
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23