New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23
 Leviathan.Flashbangx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Flashbangx 2010-02-28 04:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
I mean I understand why so many people are butthurt over the whole level 99 cap thing, as this greatly affects people who felt a degree of comfort and content positions for where they were at with their current level/gear will now feel slighted when that becomes obsolete which they worked so hard for. But if you enjoy the game just swallow your pride and move on. Enjoy yourself, sheesh.

Yeah, I agree with ya. I'm one of the people drinking from a half full glass of Squeenix juice though. BESIDES! I get to laugh at my rl friend who gloats about having all 20 jobs at level 75 now... GET EM TO 99 YA GIMP!
[+]
 Seraph.Kinkashito
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Kinkashito 2010-02-28 04:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's funny to laugh at people who worked for 20 75s. But then again, I don't like people's accomplishments being spit on regardless of the situation.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 04:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how the player behind Minidragon feels about this >:3
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-02-28 04:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

who wants to buy a few tight characters ?
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 04:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also gonna be funny to imagine people bailing from FFXI selling their accounts only to find them be worth a fraction of what they would be prior to this announcement.
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-02-28 04:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think account values will go up. people wont want to start from 0 to 99 if the game may not be supported for long and they are just starting and the xp system stays as is
 Seraph.Kinkashito
By Seraph.Kinkashito 2010-02-28 04:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Better start selling our characters to people before they read the announcement!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-02-28 04:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

By level 99, Absolute virtue cons as "Easy Prey" at the lowest scale (14 level difference). Implications about the 99 level cap are... unsettling. On the bright side, each job might feel fresh with all the new additions that would virtually have to come from twenty-four more levels of exp. I just hope I didn't get my Adaman Hauberk for little more than Temporary Exp gear XD
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-02-28 04:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What some people seem to not get, is aside from Absolute Virtue, every HNM is already a joke, that I've witnessed (And participated in) Being killed by Six or less. Walk of Echos and Abyssea is going to contain new content for high levels. It's essentially going to be the Zilart Expansion pack back when the Level cap was 60. It didn't ruin the game, it presented new opportunities, new strategy, and pretty much a new experience.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 04:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
What some people seem to not get, is aside from Absolute Virtue, every HNM is already a joke, that I've witnessed (And participated in) Being killed by Six or less. Walk of Echos and Abyssea is going to contain new content for high levels. It's essentially going to be the Zilart Expansion pack back when the Level cap was 60. It didn't ruin the game, it presented new opportunities, new strategy, and pretty much a new experience.

This.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 04:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly do not see the big deal with this... SE basically just expanded the game and it's no different than what they've done in the past when you think about it.

Game first comes out. Everyone lvls up and gets their gear. Some aim high and some just aim for fun. Then CoP comes out. Everyone scrambles to finish the story and earn their reward. Some move on to the endgame aspect for the new and better gear. Then comes ToAU. Everyone lvling new jobs and enjoying the awesome new xp camps. Then the endgame areas are released and everyone is scrambling to do those for the awesome gear.

So how is this any different? In the past, you've always end up aiming for better gear/play styles/experiences. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old one. You're getting new gear/abilities/play styles. More endgame is coming which will center around these changes. I think this is actually a brilliant way of adding to the game without actually adding an entirely new expansion. Kudos SE.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 04:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:

I will. I quit so I'll come back just to *** around with the new endgame. You gotta have 75 nin and 75 cor at least. I'll do the lvling to 99 ;)
 Bahamut.Chocoboaiden
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Chocoboaiden 2010-02-28 04:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
I honestly do not see the big deal with this... SE basically just expanded the game and it's no different than what they've done in the past when you think about it. Game first comes out. Everyone lvls up and gets their gear. Some aim high and some just aim for fun. Then CoP comes out. Everyone scrambles to finish the story and earn their reward. Some move on to the endgame aspect for the new and better gear. Then comes ToAU. Everyone lvling new jobs and enjoying the awesome new xp camps. Then the endgame areas are released and everyone is scrambling to do those for the awesome gear. So how is this any different? In the past, you've always end up aiming for better gear/play styles/experiences. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old one. You're getting new gear/abilities/play styles. More endgame is coming which will center around these changes. I think this is actually a brilliant way of adding to the game without actually adding an entirely new expansion. Kudos SE.
WIN!!! =D
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 04:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
I honestly do not see the big deal with this... SE basically just expanded the game and it's no different than what they've done in the past when you think about it.

Game first comes out. Everyone lvls up and gets their gear. Some aim high and some just aim for fun. Then CoP comes out. Everyone scrambles to finish the story and earn their reward. Some move on to the endgame aspect for the new and better gear. Then comes ToAU. Everyone lvling new jobs and enjoying the awesome new xp camps. Then the endgame areas are released and everyone is scrambling to do those for the awesome gear.

So how is this any different? In the past, you've always end up aiming for better gear/play styles/experiences. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old one. You're getting new gear/abilities/play styles. More endgame is coming which will center around these changes. I think this is actually a brilliant way of adding to the game without actually adding an entirely new expansion. Kudos SE.

Thank you for saying what I have been unable to put into words for this thread.
Server: Fenrir
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-02-28 05:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:

I will. I quit so I'll come back just to *** around with the new endgame. You gotta have 75 nin and 75 cor at least. I'll do the lvling to 99 ;)
Woah that wasn't very secret status
 Seraph.Kinkashito
By Seraph.Kinkashito 2010-02-28 05:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how the traffic for Salvage/Dynamis will fair until people get their level 99 jobs. :o Think they'll be put on hold for the most part?
 Carbuncle.Lemmikki
Server: Carbuncle
user: Acaire
By Carbuncle.Lemmikki 2010-02-28 05:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaioshin erro :3 /wave and yay for blms!
 Asura.Vuha
user: Vuha
By Asura.Vuha 2010-02-28 05:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what will happen to Salvage gear, lol
Makes all that Ares, Morrigans useless now. =P
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 05:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph. Kinkashito said:
I wonder how the traffic for Salvage/Dynamis will fair until people get their level 99 jobs. :o Think they'll be put on hold for the most part?

Well it depends on what you mean by traffic. If you mean people stopping those events until they're all 99, It depends. If SE increases the difficulty of the mobs inside those zones, then I see people stopping to level their jobs. However if the mobs stay the same, then I doubt people will stop doing them.
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-02-28 05:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you cap all jobs @ 99, do you become a GM? oO
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 05:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vuha said:
I wonder what will happen to Salvage gear, lol
Makes all that Ares, Morrigans useless now. =P
nowai morri body for refresh! then again I can go soro me a Dalmatica if i can get claim!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 05:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura. Vuha said:
I wonder what will happen to Salvage gear, lol Makes all that Ares, Morrigans useless now. =P

As I stated in a previous thread, not necessarily. There are plenty of lower lvled items we still use at lvl 75 (PCC, Chiv chain, Phantom tathlums, CoP Rings, ToAU rings and so on). SE has a notorious history for adding equipment that is absolutely useless, especially in the past few updates. I wouldn't rule anything obsolete until we actually run across something better.
 Asura.Vuha
user: Vuha
By Asura.Vuha 2010-02-28 05:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hopefully they'll make +1 versions of the salvage gear for people that have them lol ;.;
 Seraph.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-02-28 05:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

salvage +1 or not, at lvl 99 a item that is 20 lvl lower will be a joke 90% of the time.
Better make salvage+5 or make it easier to obtain. Once lvl cap 99 is reached, salvage may fade.
By Nightbear 2010-02-28 05:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hauby+1 Hello~ level 59 gear still shining @ 75 .
[+]
 Hades.Fathe
Server: Hades
user: Fathe
By Hades.Fathe 2010-02-28 05:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So does this mean we can fund a relic or mystic cheaper now? lol
By Nightbear 2010-02-28 05:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oh snap Swift belt level 50~ 25 levels below 75 yet 2nd best thing you can get unless you love to camp crabs or KS's

:3 or that silly neck piece level 33 with 10 acc 10 Racc~

"OMG my gears"
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 05:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades. Fathe said:
So does this mean we can fund a relic or mystic cheaper now? lol

Nope because apparently they can be augmented or upgraded somehow so that they're still the best weapons you can have even at 99.
 Fenrir.Mahorosama
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mahorosama 2010-02-28 05:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect if theres a higher level cap, this would require more experience. That being the case and seeing how many people would not prefer dragging out leveling anymore, I believe a major XP curve cut is headed our way.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 05:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
salvage +1 or not, at lvl 99 a item that is 20 lvl lower will be a joke 90% of the time.Better make salvage+5 or make it easier to obtain. Once lvl cap 99 is reached, salvage may fade.

Perhaps but it would take some fairly stellar gear for people to abandon this gear. Speaking from experience as a 75 Black Belt MNK, Full Usukane is godly for MNK. It gets the full 25% haste cap + a lot of awesome stats. The same can be said for the other sets and their respective jobs.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23