New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 21 22 23
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-02-28 20:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Phalon said:
What this does is ensure a balance if and when the player base dries up. A small party of lv 99 would be enough to handle Dynamis or most other events.

A single party of 75 can farm NQ AF without any issue in Dynamis... Rather than wanting a party of level 99 players, you may want first learn how to play this game at level 75. (and let's face it, most of AFv2 is already crap anyway).

Lv99 would be more like boss kill + full clear the area. But well AFv3 is coming anyway, not even sure if the old AFv2 will still be useful with the new stuff coming out.
 Pandemonium.Elenya
Server: Pandemonium
user: Elenya21
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 20:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ha ha! it does... XD that AF3 PLD gear better have -a billion emnity and the same stats as a relic shield! Get with it SE!
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 20:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Gilgamesh.Phalon said:
What this does is ensure a balance if and when the player base dries up. A small party of lv 99 would be enough to handle Dynamis or most other events.

A single party of 75 can farm NQ AF without any issue in Dynamis... Rather than wanting a party of level 99 players, you may want first learn how to play this game at level 75.

Lv99 would be more like boss kill full clear the area.

But well AFv3 is coming anyway, not even sure if the old AFv2 will still be useful with the new stuff coming out.

Thats another concern, what is going to happen to gear that was once awesome when you can get better? no one will want it anymore! If they make something better than Homam will anyone still bother to fight for it knowing there is better stuff at 99?
 Sylph.Xarks
Server: Sylph
user: Xark
By Sylph.Xarks 2010-02-28 20:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

new blm af looks sick :D .....wish they would still have to original pointy hat thou ^^
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-02-28 20:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Elenya said:
Thats another concern, what is going to happen to gear that was once awesome when you can get better? no one will want it anymore! If they make something better than Homam will anyone still bother to fight for it knowing there is better stuff at 99?

Nope that's why it doesn't matter.

But you cannot leave stuff like Salvage sets as "Ultimate" if people are able to enter Salvage at level 99. Wouldn't make any sense.

Now if there are new lv99 armor sets that are way superior to old lv75 sets, who cares? Not gonna waste time soloing lv75 ***to get subpar armor. Jump straight to lv99 events, get lv99 armor, forget about the previous areas.
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 20:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xarks said:
new blm af looks sick :D .....wish they would still have to original pointy hat thou ^^
I wonder if they will let BLM get Meteor now...hmm...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 20:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A game is about new challenges

if you cant handle a new challenge then maybe you shouldn't play games >.>
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 20:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Elenya said:
Sylph.Xarks said:
I wonder if they will let BLM get Meteor now...hmm...

They already announced they're thinking of giving BLM Meteor.
 Sylph.Xarks
By Sylph.Xarks 2010-02-28 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah ...blm is finaly getting meteor =D
By brahmdut 2010-02-28 20:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

th5 ? lol
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 20:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

its not about the challenge its about the effort you have already put into the game some people get pretty serious about it 75 is a big accomplishment and now people have to stop and lvl everything so they can have that accomplishment again :/ Not saying it wont be awesome, it's just a downer for some folks
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-02-28 20:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Look I will go along with this level99 crap only on 1 condition! SE needs to give somthing to compensate those of us who have a few level 75s. This is just their way of kicking all those of us more experienced players in the balls and laughing at us. Haha all your work was for naught.
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 20:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:
Look I will go along with this level99 crap only on 1 condition! SE needs to give somthing to compensate those of us who have a few level 75s. This is just their way of kicking all those of us more experienced players in the balls and laughing at us. Haha all your work was for naught.

Thats what I'm saying!!
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-02-28 20:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Elenya said:
its not about the challenge its about the effort you have already put into the game some people get pretty serious about it 75 is a big accomplishment and now people have to stop and lvl everything so they can have that accomplishment again :/ Not saying it wont be awesome, it's just a downer for some folks

That's nowadays MMO development model. SE is just following the trend. I bet XIV will work the same way. (even if there's technically no level, there will be some way of skill up or w/e).
Seraph.Dricent said:

SE don't even give you any compensation when you lose an item/fight due to a bug. I wouldn't expect anything if I were you :d
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-28 20:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they at least let us keep some merits. I don't remember exactly what it said about merits other than that the new level cap would get additional merits, but it would make leveling a little bit easier at least.
 Sylph.Xarks
By Sylph.Xarks 2010-02-28 20:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
I hope they at least let us keep some merits. I don't remember exactly what it said about merits other than that the new level cap would get additional merits, but it would make leveling a little bit easier at least.
i think were still have the same merit system just once you get to 99 there will be an aditinal one too
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 20:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This game isnt World of Warcrap so i hope they don't start emulating it. This is a mature game that takes skill and patience and i hope it stays that way :/
 Gilgamesh.Andras
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-28 21:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i want AF3
 Gilgamesh.Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-28 21:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK will get a new ability post-75, it will be called Cut Wrists
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 21:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:

Really people... Stop. This is no different than anything that's been done in the past...

Rise of the Zilart - Sky and "King" HNMs are introduced. Everyone is working their *** off for the gear. They get the gear and all are happy.

Chains of Promathia - Sea, Limbus and more HNMs are introduced and the same ***plays out. Everyone scrambles to get the new and awesome gear. Everyone is happy.

Treasures of Aht Urghan - Nyzul Isle, Salvage, Einherjar, ZNM and more HNMs. You should be seeing the pattern here by now.

This same ***has been playing out from the release of RoZ. Wouldn't be much of a game if they gave you the absolute most godly gear upfront and then started introducing complete crap after that. The whole idea of this game is to start off with godly gear and then come up with even more godly gear and then change the gameplay so the game doesn't become stale.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 21:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Seraph.Dricent said:

Really people... Stop. This is no different than anything that's been done in the past...

Rise of the Zilart - Sky and "King" HNMs are introduced. Everyone is working their *** off for the gear. They get the gear and all are happy.

Chains of Promathia - Sea, Limbus and more HNMs are introduced and the same ***plays out. Everyone scrambles to get the new and awesome gear. Everyone is happy.

Treasures of Aht Urghan - Nyzul Isle, Salvage, Einherjar, ZNM and more HNMs. You should be seeing the pattern here by now.

This same ***has been playing out from the release of RoZ. Wouldn't be much of a game if they gave you the absolute most godly gear upfront and then started introducing complete crap after that. The whole idea of this game is to start off with godly gear and then come up with even more godly gear and then change the gameplay so the game doesn't become stale.

QFT /end thread
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 21:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Seraph.Dricent said:

You're right but this isn't just adding new zones, jobs and armor this changes the game entirely 75 to 99 is a HUGE jump not like 60 to 75 years back. Plus server merges are going to over populate all the servers before the new MMO comes out. I'm hoping by the time people move tot he new game people will have 99 jobs from the over population and it will be back to "normal" or at least what we are used to now :/
 Gilgamesh.Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-28 21:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess they'll have to make Refresh II
AMIII or IV?
Maybe make PUP the expwhore and lolbrd?
I can see an Utsusemi: San
I think Auto-Refresh II would be nice
new WSs obtainable through Even Stronger WSNMs?
How about a way to solo anything to 75
or maybe more powerful versions of gods, instead of having Behemoth and KB you have Behemoth KB and another window for a Behemoth with wings and the ability to kill everything within 500 million yards?
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 21:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Andras said:
i guess they'll have to make Refresh II
AMIII or IV?
Maybe make PUP the expwhore and lolbrd?
I can see an Utsusemi: San
I think Auto-Refresh II would be nice
new WSs obtainable through Even Stronger WSNMs?
How about a way to solo anything to 75
or maybe more powerful versions of gods, instead of having Behemoth and KB you have Behemoth KB and another window for a Behemoth with wings and the ability to kill everything within 500 million yards?

I like where your brain is going!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 21:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Elenya said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Seraph.Dricent said:

You're right but this isn't just adding new zones, jobs and armor this changes the game entirely 75 to 99 is a HUGE jump not like 60 to 75 years back. Plus server merges are going to over populate all the servers before the new MMO comes out. I'm hoping by the time people move tot he new game people will have 99 jobs from the over population and it will be back to "normal" or at least what we are used to now :/

It's actually quite similar to new jobs that are added with the expansions. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old job that is going to have far more capabilities which in essence turns that job into a new job.
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 21:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Pandemonium.Elenya said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Seraph.Dricent said:

It's actually quite similar to new jobs that are added with the expansions. Instead of leveling a new job, you're leveling an old job that is going to have far more capabilities which in essence turns that job into a new job.

Yeah but being knocked down from being at the top stings a little ;; lol
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 21:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People shouldn't look at this as a slap in the face. They should see it as "Holy crap! We just got an entire expansion's worth of content without paying for an expansion?!" (Excluding the 3 new add-ons which will cost $10 each.)
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 21:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

its making your old job new again

and a little better

ENJOY IT xD
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-02-28 21:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are our Adventuring Fellows getting updated too? >.> Or are they gonna be left useless now?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 21 22 23