New Level Cap 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-28 15:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I defy my British heritage in that I do none of those activities ; ;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 15:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I defy my British heritage in that I do none of those activities ; ;
Come to Fenrir then!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 16:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just found out that Bahamut and Odin are reopening. SWEET
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 16:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
worst idea ever

every mage has convert or aoe-able spells

pld has yonnin*

dd/whm = self hasting

the list continues

basically this would ruin the game and cause many players to quit

Edit: i meant yonnin instead of innin

Honestly I think they are purposefully trying to ruin the game and make people quit.

Maybe.

Well I like the idea... Brings out a ton of more possibilities and then again hate the idea because of all my Lv75 jobs... /sigh I have a ton of work to do and I will no longer be the best I can be. Will have to get 99 and do all that work over once more.

But meh i'll stop complaining. Bring it bishes. I'll get 99 and take over Vanadiel!

Not really. But I really hope anyway that the ways they bring out that will help compensate for officiant experience gain will work.

New Gear?
New Areas?
New Events?

Maybe all of this is a big joke, they are serious about making level cap 99 because they don't really give a rats *** about the game anymore and are just gonna let everyone go all out without any real restrictions to anything anymore.

Well can't wait to see what happens. I'm excited o.o

Oh yea
"oh gee....work hard for 7-8 year hit 75.....yeah now do it again and hit 99....yeah pretty *** pissed" <--- This is funny... Serious?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 16:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you can sub it doesn't mean you get all the abilities and spells. SE said this last night in the live feed from Vanafest2010 that i watched.

If you all stopped going

tl;dr

everytime something was posted, you wouldn't ask so many damn questions or make so many assumptions over and over and over and over. When you base an opinion off of new info that is NOT YET SET IN STONE and ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON FAILED INFORMATION

you set yourself up for failure.

Sorry but its true.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mugeded
user: bert92020
By Fenrir.Mugeded 2010-02-28 16:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I am seeing a lot of people dropping out of the game if this actually happens, however on their announcement "LEVEL 99 considerations" IN other word it might not happen.

i am totally against it worst case i might even quit this game myself entirely.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 16:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For those worried about all this ***being dumped on them at once. All of this will be spread out throughout the year all the way til December.

[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 16:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

yo sanchez!
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 16:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that anyones really making serious ideas saying it's going to happen! So this has to happen!

it's more like we are excited, it all comes with the new possibilities of hitting that new mark. We will have to for sure wait and see what else happens huh.

Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-02-28 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds cool... but I can see so many flaws and so many lob-sided job combos now. lol...This will be some epic stuff. Seems so overwhelming to level up your 75s. Especially for people like me with over 4. >< lol Whm/Rdm gets convert?? /Nin = Innin and Yonin lol w....t....f..... I'm sure I'm missing a huge ability at lvl40 but damn...I'm looking forward to it and at the same time...I'm honestly intimidated. lmao
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 16:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
To anyone still QQing: If it really bothers you that much, then quit while you're ahead. Whining about it isn't accomplishing anything.

best statement all thread.
By Tiaraa 2010-02-28 16:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
To anyone still QQing: If it really bothers you that much, then quit while you're ahead. Whining about it isn't accomplishing anything.

best statement all thread.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome. For all the worried people thinking they want the game to die. I agree with Mytoy on that. I don't think they really want the game to die, but my ideas could be wrong just as much as anyone elses. Isn't it fun to throw out your ideas and talk about it anyway. No ones stating solid facts.

But them throwing out all this content in such a short amount of time does kinda say to me that since they know that the idea of FFXIV coming out could mean to alot of people that they arnt gonna care about FFXI anymore, they are trying to spice up the game so that people will stay interested in it at the same time and not lose hope.

Anywho it really comes down to if you have FFXI in your interests you will continue to play. I certainly will... Sorta.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 16:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

darthsnuggie said:
I think it's great, no more endgame monoply held by a few selfish jerks

Can't beat em, Join em.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-02-28 16:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My only real concern about the level cap increase is the exp curve and subs.

As far as exp goes, I personally don't have loads of merits, around 1mil exp worth. Considering the current exp curve, that same 1mil wont get me to level 85, which I really don't look forward to having to exp that much to hit 99, personally they should adjust the whole exp calculation so that it requires say just over 1 mil exp to go from 1 to 99, which will mean we will get some free levels when the update comes out, but it wont be too brutal to level up to 99.

The subs annoyance is simply because I hated most of my subs and I really dont wanna level them again, but the above fix would really soften that blow.

I'm not too worried about gear because I have faith in this upgrading thing, but that may change after I try it in the march update.

In the end tho, i'll just take it all as it comes, and if I do need another 3 mil exp to hit 99, well, i'll be gimp for quite a while lol...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

darthsnuggie said:
Since when is HNM the only form of endgame out there? Also, new HNMs incoming.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 16:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
That's awesome. For all the worried people thinking they want the game to die. I agree with Mytoy on that. I don't think they really want the game to die, but my ideas could be wrong just as much as anyone elses. Isn't it fun to throw out your ideas and talk about it anyway. No ones stating solid facts.

But them throwing out all this content in such a short amount of time does kinda say to me that since they know that the idea of FFXIV coming out could mean to alot of people that they arnt gonna care about FFXI anymore, they are trying to spice up the game so that people will stay interested in it at the same time and not lose hope.

Anywho it really comes down to if you have FFXI in your interests you will continue to play. I certainly will... Sorta.

I wish people would stop with this mentality. SE cares about this game as long as it makes them money. They're not going to sabotage their own game when it makes them money. The moment the game starts losing money, they'll take steps to either rectify the situation or just pull the plug and say their goodbyes.

No company would be stupid enough to stop selling a product if it makes them money(unless it becomes illegal or hurts the company's image somehow).
 Midgardsormr.Athial
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Athial
By Midgardsormr.Athial 2010-02-28 16:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

darthsnuggie said:

What you fail to realize is that this will not be the great equalizer. Give it a few months and those same selfish jerks will be controlling everything all over again. They will be the first to 99, the first to the new zones, the first to take down the new HNMs, the first to blah blah...

They have the upper hand.

They're still going to have it once this is all over.
 Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Caitsith
user: Lawson
By Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-02-28 17:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am hoping that the raise in lvl cap will be more like 1-24 then 51-75. Just adding a few more abilities and stat increases. Hopefully, SE isn't stupid enough to make our hard earned 75 equipment worthless. Seriously, alot of LS's make their money from doing dyna and selling currency. If dyna/relics/currency become worthless then alot of Linkshells are going to fade away. If SE is smart they will make sure that the difference between lvl 75 and 99 gear isn't that great.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 17:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

darthsnuggie said:
The game right now is a joke, something needed to be done to shake things up. SE specifically said this is being done to make endgame more accesible to players like me. I am not a casual player but I also dont have the time this game requires right now to do anything worthwile in slot of endgame stuff. I'm sick of the politics, selfish behavior this game is rife with right now. No more digital kings ruling their imaginary domains.
Since you didn't get it the first time around...

Limbus lasts a maximum of an hour. Einherjar lasts 30 minutes. ZNM is whenever the *** you want. Salvage is 2 hours including Assaults. None of the above can be monopolized. Quit making excuses, the only thing holding you back is yourself. Dynamis and HNM are not everything. Hell, of those two only HNM fits all your criteria (time-intensive, controllable), leaving every other event in the game open to you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Lamentor
user: Lamentor
By Fenrir.Lamentor 2010-02-28 17:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't read this thread so sorry if someone said this already, lol.

Level 99 means we can solo all the jailers. So when we do our solo JoL and win, guess what? AV will pop, except he's level 125. Meteor III go. It'll happen!
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-28 17:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo dyna, Salvage, W/e

.. Level sync: 75 !?

Eh only Real consern i have. is Skilling up

enfeeb / enhanceing Is allmost caped ... (rdm) I don't! Want to have to skill up another 24 levels Lol
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
darthsnuggie said:
The game right now is a joke, something needed to be done to shake things up. SE specifically said this is being done to make endgame more accesible to players like me. I am not a casual player but I also dont have the time this game requires right now to do anything worthwile in slot of endgame stuff. I'm sick of the politics, selfish behavior this game is rife with right now. No more digital kings ruling their imaginary domains.

Limbus lasts a maximum of an hour. Einherjar lasts 30 minutes. ZNM is whenever the *** you want. Salvage is 2 hours including Assaults. None of the above can be monopolized. Quit making excuses, the only thing holding you back is yourself. Dynamis and HNM are not everything. Hell, of those two only HNM fits all your criteria (time-intensive, controllable), leaving every other event in the game open to you.

People need friends to do that kinda stuff :D looks like he can't find any or something... even Dynamis can be farmed with a low group of people. Sandy can be done with 6-9 easy maybe not worth the glass but it is doable.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 17:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch said:
I am hoping that the raise in lvl cap will be more like 1-24 then 51-75. Just adding a few more abilities and stat increases. Hopefully, SE isn't stupid enough to make our hard earned 75 equipment worthless. Seriously, alot of LS's make their money from doing dyna and selling currency. If dyna/relics/currency become worthless then alot of Linkshells are going to fade away. If SE is smart they will make sure that the difference between lvl 75 and 99 gear isn't that great.

Wow you make a very good point. Although even if staff did indeed decide to make the gear far greater then 75, all players will most likely just have to suffer it and further their efforts to get to 99 and instead start working on making their money from selling 99 gear if they can.

But if you think about it... Like Relic weapons, gear drops from PW and AV. Ahahaha just wow. Good luck to that.

Thanks for giving me these awful ideas. lol

Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch said:

Wow you make a very good point. Although even if staff did indeed decide to make the gear far greater then 75, all players will most likely just have to suffer it and further their efforts to get to 99 and instead start working on making their money from selling 99 gear if they can.

But if you think about it... Like Relic weapons, gear drops from PW and AV. Ahahaha just wow. Good luck to that.

Thanks for giving me these awful ideas. lol

They said you're gonna be able to enhance relic but not sure to what extent
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-28 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
darthsnuggie said:

People need friends to do that kinda stuff :D looks like he can't find any or something... even Dynamis can be farmed with a low group of people. Sandy can be done with 6-9 easy maybe not worth the glass but it is doable.

Doing these you can make quick and easy 100 currencies!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23