Forum » FFXI » General » Z's Trident Latent
Z's Trident Latent
 Ragnarok.Skiutah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-02-27 20:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got Z's Trident today...I'm in a group that does the BC regularly so we can get an X's knife or two. I've equipped it and no matter what my TP is, whether or not my wyvern is out I can't see the +12 STR on my status screen. I've seen threads where people go back on forth on what type of conditions need to be met in order to activate it's latent, ranging from you have to be in a party with the two other BC weapons as well to the TP < 100% theory.

The problem is that I've yet to see any thread that has any substantial proof. There's a lot of "this JP said it worked like this" and "I think a guy did some research on it and found it was this" but nothing concrete.

Does any one know what it is and where the research is that went into discovering it? I'd be willing to help figure it out if we can't find any accurate, first-hand testimonies. I'd just need to test the X's knife + Y's scythe theory with someone from Ragnarok.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-27 20:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I wouldn't use it because of the low base damage.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Best I've heard is it's active with all 3 weapons in pt
 Ragnarok.Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-02-27 22:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:

Yeah, I'm not planning to full-time it by any means. I was mostly just curious as to how that +12 STR could be triggered to compare it with other polearms on certain weapon skills.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 22:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Skiutah said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Yeah, I'm not planning to full-time it by any means. I was mostly just curious as to how that 12 STR could be triggered to compare it with other polearms on certain weapon skills.
When active that would boost your base dmg to more like 90.

Now on the 50% str modded wss (IE the last 3 for drg) that 12 str would also be 4.98 to base dmg from ws mods. So would be around 94.98 base dmg on ws.

So mezraq+1 maybe even NQ or V pole would still do more on ws
 Ragnarok.Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-02-28 00:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know, thanks!