Forum » FFXI » General » Moghouse Furniture
Moghouse Furniture
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-02-27 07:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to get moglification: bonecraft and maintain a strong earth energy.

I have my signboard, my fang, and 6 yellow 6D almirah.

I get moghancement:earth...

Someone please help.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-02-27 08:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this in hopes of an answer.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-02-27 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The signboard and fang should be all you need. you may have some other furniture in your mh overpowering the effects of it causing it to cancel out.

Try putting only you signboard and fang in to see if it gives you the correct moglification, then add in other furniture till you find out what is overwriting it.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-02-27 09:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I did that, I was able to put in the signboard, fang, and one Yellow 6D almirah. Any more than 1 overpowers it. I didn't think it worked that way, but apparently it does.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-02-27 10:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Different furniture has different amounts of strength, you might be able to add other elemental furniture that gives you more storage if you need room.

If you can't get anything to work right, you might just have to change your furniture around every time you want to synth something.
 Midgardsormr.Korynth
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Korynth
By Midgardsormr.Korynth 2010-02-27 11:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not possible to have Moglification: Bonecraft and have the element be Earth. Moglification: Bonecraft is Dark elemental, and thus you must have more Dark element aura than any other element in your mog house.

(Assuming nothing else in your mog house)
Bonecraft Items alone: 19 Dark (weak Dark : Bonecraft)
Bonecraft + 1 Y 6-Drawer: 19 Dark, 8 Earth (weak Dark : Bonecraft)
Bonecraft + 2 Y 6-Drawer: 19 Dark, 16 Earth (weak Dark : Bonecraft)
Bonecraft + 3 Y 6-Drawer: 19 Dark, 24 Earth (weak Earth : Earth)

If you want strong Moglification: Bonecraft, you need over 100 Dark Aura (and very little to no light element in your mog house). The fewest-furniture way to get Strong Moglification: Bonecraft is to have the following (Assuming wiki is right about Shell Lamp being 9 strength):
9(D Fang) + 10(B Signboard) + 81(9xShell Lamp) + 1(Anything else Dark element except a Noble's Bed, I prefer a Wall-Hanging) = 101+ Dark, with the strongest single Dark item being your signboard, making it a strong dark aura with Moglification: Bonecraft. You can do it with other items, but the Shell Lamp seems to have the strongest Dark Aura that doesn't beat the signboard. From there, you can fill the rest of your mog house with non-light based elemental items to fill out your storage, or if you add light-based elemental items, make sure you add an equal amount of additional dark aura, or else your darkness will not be 'Strong' anymore (I believe that's how it works, someone correct me if I am wrong).

I will repeat, it is NOT possible to have Moglification: Bonecraft if the strongest Aura in your Mog house is Earth.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-02-27 13:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Korynth

Thank you for that answer. That explains a lot.