FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 973 974 975 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 04:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In an argument how Shotacon and Lolicon are bad. -_-;
(Heads up: Really against Shotacon and Lolicon spoiler)
Just my opinion~ D:
 Asura.Shayka
Server: Asura
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 04:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
In an argument how Shotacon and Lolicon are bad. -_-;
(Heads up: Really against Shotacon and Lolicon spoiler)
Just my opinion~ D:
I skimmed that thread, I'm sorry but pedophilia is disgusting and neither that nor any other rapist has a mental illness, they know what they're doing, they know its wrong, they just do it because they're disgusting people that deserve death and I'm iffy about drawings involving children in that kinda way. Its disturbing and theres nothing artistic about it to me.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 04:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In my honest opinion, if that's seen as artistic expression then crimes like stalking should be seen as love~

18+ (or age of consent +) are how I would like to keep things.
The age of consent was implemented to allow for both members to have a mutual understanding on the complicities of sex.

Going below the age of consent, even in "artistic expression", is pretty disturbing.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-05-26 04:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't make the assumption that all rapists/ pedophiles don't have a mental illness. I know some rapists do have some mental issues that come from abuse/other issues while growing up and what not.

I'm not saying what they do is right in anyway, but I also think that at least some people who do that sort of thing do have some deeper issues then just doing it for kicks.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 04:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Going below the age of consent, even in "artistic expression", is pretty disturbing.
This, I agree with, but they say art is meant to inspire strong emotions, whether its love or hate, anger or joy, even shock value. Doesn't make it any less disgusting or disturbing in my book, but thats how people get away with making that "art".
By Artemicion 2011-05-26 05:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shayka said:
neither that nor any other rapist has a mental illness, they know what they're doing, they know its wrong, they just do it because they're disgusting people that deserve death and I'm iffy about drawings involving children in that kinda way. Its disturbing and theres nothing artistic about it to me.

That's a pretty harsh assessment to make. I don't think you can speak on behalf of all pedophiles or rapists having clear conscious or lucid mental capacity amongst their actions.
Crazy people don't know that they already are crazy.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I'm not saying what they do is right in anyway, but I also think that at least some people who do that sort of thing do have some deeper issues then just doing it for kicks.

EXACTLYYYYY!
This is what I was trying to get across in the other thread! >__<;
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
That's a pretty harsh assessment to make. I don't think you can speak on behalf of all pedophiles or rapists having clear conscious or lucid mental capacity amongst their actions.

So, you are agreeing with further legislation on Lolicon/Shotacon? @@;
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I wouldn't make the assumption that all rapists/ pedophiles don't have a mental illness. I know some rapists do have some mental issues that come from abuse/other issues while growing up and what not.

Some might have issues sure, but to classify the act, as a result of a mental illness or to say they do it because they're mentally ill, is a cop out in many cases. A guy just got his sentence reduced in my state for having a "mental illness" [because being a 17 year old pedophile means hes mentally ill] and can be released in as little as 10 years. Hes not ill, hes just disgusting.

When its younger kids doing something like that, then I'd say mental issues as a direct result of the same abuse inflicted upon them, but in many cases, some people are just sick. I just hate when mental illness is thrown around like its a good excuse to get away with something.
By Artemicion 2011-05-26 05:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
I'm saying not every sick *** is aware they're a sick ***.
Could be perfectly normal habit to them. But they can still be functioning members of society. They deal with their vice through other means. This isn't any different than people that got uppity over that "adult baby"; yet he still lives his life like a normal human being outside his own home and time.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
No.
Could be perfectly normal habit to them. But they can still be functioning members of society. They deal with their vice through other means. This isn't any different than people that got uppity over that "adult baby"; yet he still lives his life like a normal human being outside his own home and time.

I don't understand you. . .
You are saying they are sick, yet they do not realize it.
Well, who has to realize it and implement order for them?
They most certainly will not because, they are "normal"!

This is where public order and legislation step in.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Asura.Shayka said:
neither that nor any other rapist has a mental illness, they know what they're doing, they know its wrong, they just do it because they're disgusting people that deserve death and I'm iffy about drawings involving children in that kinda way. Its disturbing and theres nothing artistic about it to me.

I know that all too well, my father is the perfect example of being crazy without realizing or wanting to admit he is.
By Artemicion 2011-05-26 05:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Scrump, you should watch an interesting film called Little Children.
It's sort of mock-umentryish, but it holds a pretty valid point at the catch-22 among those living in means outside of their capacities of tolerance.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, in before the gay-being-a-sickness card comes in:

Millions of gays fought to be where we are today and we are still discriminated.

If people want to truly believe that pedophilia and depicting children in obscene ways through illustration are justifiable as a social norm, gather and fight like the LGBTTQQIIPAA community did.

That's my opinion.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
No.
I wouldn't trust a rapist or pedophile to be a functioning member of society. What the adult baby does in his home, hurts no one, maybe embarrasses himself, but thats about it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-26 05:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
No.

I don't understand you. . .
You are saying they are sick, yet they do not realize it.
Well, who has to realize it and implement order for them?
They most certainly will not because, they are "normal"!

This is where public order and legislation step in.
I really don't want to go here, because I know how it will be taken, especially here, but please try to bare with me here..

There are plenty of people who think people who are gay or the like are sick, mentally ill, or are perversions.. Just as there are those who think skin color means anything.. For the most part they are labeled 'ignorant'..

So where does that line of thinking change? Keep in mind, when you think of rapist and the like, there are a quite a lot of people who look at you the exact same.

(Just for the record I have 0 problems with gay people, one of my oldest friends is gay, and I'm not exactly a straight arrow)

EDIT: You posted the part about the card being pulled before I did, nevertheless I'm leaving this.. You don't have to accept it, but you should think about it.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-26 05:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not necessarily for or against the form of media it runs through so to speak, but what I want to point out is that it's viewed in society as something unacceptable and disgusting (because it is, as well as unlawful), but at the same time things like homosexuality and other unusual fetishes were seen the same way and legally enforced through similar means.

These people living with the problem of being who they are; much like yourselves have to live with themselves and the disapproval of those around them. So is it particularly wrong that they have a means of being themselves without harming or exploiting another person?
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

So where does that line of thinking change? Keep in mind, when you think of rapist and the like, there are a quite a lot of people who look at you the exact same.

The line of thinking changes when you fight for it.
When people who respect that type of thing have a voice, maybe I'll hear them out.

Till then, there are no valid arguments about it being justifiable.

Quote:
Also, in before the gay-being-a-sickness card comes in:

Millions of gays fought to be where we are today and we are still discriminated.

If people want to truly believe that pedophilia and depicting children in obscene ways through illustration are justifiable as a social norm, gather and fight like the LGBTTQQIIPAA community did.

That's my opinion.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
So is it particularly wrong that they have a means of being themselves without harming or exploiting another person?
I suppose not, but at the same time, it will stop being enough and they'll move on to worse things. Its not just drawings and cartoons they'll want, it'll be videos and pictures of REAL children, then it could escalate to taking a child for that purpose.
By Artemicion 2011-05-26 05:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's unfortunate that some people can only fulfill themselves through means that are unlawful or even simply shunned through the eyes of society. Rather than dealing with the latter, we're dealing with both. Rather than fighting for lolicon or something silly like that, it comes down to fighting for civil liberties and rights.

I know it's disgusting and illegal, but frankly pedophiles are people do. They do contribute to society in their own way, and deal with their issues in their own way. Why trap them against the corner to the point where there's no alternative than suicide or the crime we fear the most?
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"Civil liberties are rights and freedoms that provide an individual specific rights such as the right to life, freedom from torture, freedom from slavery and forced labour, the right to liberty and security, right to a fair trial, the right to defend one's self, the right to privacy, freedom of conscience, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and association, and the right to marry and have a family.

Within the distinctions between civil liberties and other types of liberty, it is important to note the distinctions between positive rights and negative rights."

Once again, members of the LGBTTQQIIPAA community fought to make homosexuality a positive right.

Once that community makes it known that what they are doing does not infringe on other's rights, then they will be heard.

Frankly, they are not doing a good job at it~
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-26 05:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shayka said:
Artemicion said:
So is it particularly wrong that they have a means of being themselves without harming or exploiting another person?
I suppose not, but at the same time, it will stop being enough and they'll move on to worse things. Its not just drawings and cartoons they'll want, it'll be videos and pictures of REAL children, then it could escalate to taking a child for that purpose.
That's still a logical fallacy. Even if ~most~ find it to stop being enough, not all will.. It's really starting to turn into a witch hunt over the past few years.. It really bothers me when people try and condemn someone for what they -might- do..
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
It's unfortunate that some people can only fulfill themselves through means that are unlawful or even simply shunned through the eyes of society. Rather than dealing with the latter, we're dealing with both. Rather than fighting for lolicon or something silly like that, it comes down to fighting for civil liberties and rights.

I know it's disgusting and illegal, but frankly pedophiles are people do. They do contribute to society in their own way, and deal with their issues in their own way. Why trap them against the corner to the point where there's no alternative than suicide or the crime we fear the most?
I'm not thinking my best, so excuse my answers not being thought out, but there are many that do the crime we fear most, without anyone backing them into a corner so to speak and maybe suicide should be the answer for many. Sure they can contribute to society in their own way, but they make many parents too, well uncomfortable fits but its not the word I want. When I have to fear for my childrens safety both inside and outside the house [seen a few news stories of people kidnapping children from their bedroom at night just to rape/kill them] then all they're contributing to society at that point is fear and rage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2011-05-26 05:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it comes down to accepting alternatives that don't alienate or harm another person, rather than destroying them; as disgusting or illegal as what it depicts may be.
After all, they're human beings that not only have to live with being shunned by the populace, but themselves as well. It's probably hard enough living with themselves.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shayka said:
Artemicion said:
That's still a logical fallacy. Even if ~most~ find it to stop being enough, not all will.. It's really starting to turn into a witch hunt over the past few years.. It really bothers me when people try and condemn someone for what they -might- do..
It happens, as they say, one bad apple ruins the bunch, so one can't control their actions, the rest will suffer too. I'd rather not give someone the chance to do something like that.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
LGBTTQQIIPAA

I had no idea the term was that long now. Whatever else happened on forums, I learned today.

inb4ironicrainbow
Barti! :D
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 05:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize homosexuality used to be a sort of gay witch hunt?

You are arguing with a group of people who have been through all this.

I dunno but, I do not give my personal blessing to those who simply wish to have a right ordained on them with no effort.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-05-26 05:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Hi Shayka ;b

I'm hoping you guys don't get crazy in your fun thread with this topic, that can get heated. Don't get it shut down~ ;3
It'll blow over soon lol, like every other heated debate we've had in here. Except the Galka Vs Loupe.jpg, thats never going away >=3
First Page 2 3 ... 973 974 975 ... 1505 1506 1507