FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 920 921 922 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Heh, that's only a problem if I don't already know the word, or else I can read it normally.

How far are you in jp/chn btw?
I'm only in my second semester of Japanese; but I have it right after Chinese, which causes the occasional confusion with reading new kanji. XD

Third year of Chinese, and doing 4th year in Beijing over the summer~

给我表示一下你的中文水平吧!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i see, i tend to use either or
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
i see, i tend to use either or

dia dhuit!

I can't even pronounce the dh correctly lol x.x stupid sound is like a palatalized approximate or some junk.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

oh god its been a good couple of years since i tried learning it, i couldnt help you if i tried. all i remember is that Tá is the present tense of to be and mh sounds like v sometimes
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-21 03:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Heh, that's only a problem if I don't already know the word, or else I can read it normally.

I'm only in my second semester of Japanese; but I have it right after Chinese, which causes the occasional confusion with reading new kanji. XD

给我表示一下你的中文水平吧!
哈哈,可是我以为我们已经讲过了!
不知道应该再说什么。 D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 03:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah... me and my friends noticed that taking more than 1 language at a time gets confusing especially when one language has a better word to describe something and you just end up mixing a different language in without noticing lol
Really? I've never had any problem except when you only know one word in one language and not in another, but that's no different than just studying one foreign language and not knowing the word.
It's not a matter of not knowing the word it's a matter of you are learning both and the best thing just kinda comes to mind first lol. Especailly when all the languages you know are similar. Would be funny cause all of the people taking latin in my school also were taking another language since latin didn't count and we'd do that and understand each other fine even with sentences with 3 different languages in it one of which was probably one we didn't know and we barely noticed it even happening but other people would look at us really weird
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:

给我表示一下你的中文水平吧!
哈哈,可是我以为我们已经讲过了!
不知道应该再说什么。 D:
我想不起来啊。
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah... me and my friends noticed that taking more than 1 language at a time gets confusing especially when one language has a better word to describe something and you just end up mixing a different language in without noticing lol
Really? I've never had any problem except when you only know one word in one language and not in another, but that's no different than just studying one foreign language and not knowing the word.
It's not a matter of not knowing the word it's a matter of you are learning both and the best thing just kinda comes to mind first lol. Especailly when all the languages you know are similar. Would be funny cause all of the people taking latin in my school also were taking another language since latin didn't count and we'd do that and understand each other fine even with sentences with 3 different languages in it one of which was probably one we didn't know and we barely noticed it even happening but other people would look at us really weird

Well, are you talking one word? Or whole clauses?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i always got high marks in high school french because i was able to pinpoint and exploit context clues to figure out things i didnt know.
same thing goes with other languages that are similar to english.

i also have a musical background so im familiar with quite a few italian and french terms related to music.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-21 03:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
给我表示一下你的中文水平吧!
哈哈,可是我以为我们已经讲过了!
不知道应该再说什么。 D:
我想不起来啊。
几百页以前。:3
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

bah you people
i tried learning mandarin, but i could never find a good online source with decent audio.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Written language tests are just so easy it's a joke lol. Like you don't really have to know anything and you can pass them. I could probably take a 100 level irish test and pass, having only glanced at my book for like 2 days (been having no time to really get into it ;_; need this summer)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 03:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually just a word substituted in... doesn't help that the alot of the US does such a horrible job at teaching english that alot of words/phrases dealing with parts of speech grammar proper punctuation were completely foreign words to alot of kids even when in english. I seriously knew people that knew what an apostrophe was in at least 2 other languages but had never heard of it in english... they always just referred to it as flying commas

But at least it's not as bad as thinking in another language...
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
bah you people
i tried learning mandarin, but i could never find a good online source with decent audio.

yeah, id just buy some pre-made lesson thing for the pronunciation and learn the sounds and all pinyin, then you can scrap it after learning it and go learn the real way which everyone here probably does lol.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 US educational system is a joke

US educational system is a joke.

but really i didnt get proper grammar education until my last 2 years of high school, and thats because i had an OCD strict english teacher and i was in AP english
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Usually just a word substituted in... doesn't help that the alot of the US does such a horrible job at teaching english that alot of words/phrases dealing with parts of speech grammar proper punctuation were completely foreign words to alot of kids even when in english. I seriously knew people that knew what an apostrophe was in at least 2 other languages but had never heard of it in english... they always just referred to it as flying commas

But at least it's not as bad as thinking in another language...

Yeah, I think we should learn more actual english in english classes in school (rather than read ***literature which no one gives a ***about) and more greek/latin.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think we should learn more actual english in english classes in school (rather than read ***literature which no one gives a ***about) and more greek/latin.

universe yes, i definitely think there should be more focus on language in schools, making people take 2 languages throughout their schooling. one of the other major world languages
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 03:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell yes. I learned more actual english in a 5 week summer course at my junior college than I did in all of my public school combine unless you count the things I learned from taking foreign languages lol. And yeah never got to do greek but latin was awesome. And well rather helpful in small ways here and there.

I also think that we should start foreign languages earlier. Like require one starting say in the 3rd grade at the latest. And later on in say JH or HS require a 2nd
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think we should start earlier too, but I'm not so ready to jump on on board and make people take multiple languages. They have to actually develop proficiency in it. I think we're rushing too much into an Eastern-type system where you "learn english" but don't learn it.

nevermind the fact that I believe you can't really learn a lot of language in school. it's good for the foundation yes, but after that it's up to the individual person. I don't like most language classes tbh :< they go too slow and ruin it.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i was thinking more of a western european system
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 03:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think we should start earlier too, but I'm not so ready to jump on on board and make people take multiple languages. They have to actually develop proficiency in it. I think we're rushing too much into an Eastern-type system where you "learn english" but don't learn it.
Lol yeah I talk to a german person who says she only really uses it cause of ffxi and kinda learned better because of it.

But that was kinda what I meant start off with 1 earlier than just to kind of learn something new another one later like in HS.. basically like we have it now except you grow up knowing 2....

Odd note my mom for whatever reason always spoke japanese and spanish around me as a baby and apparently alot of what I said when I was really little was that but I know like nothing now. Of course part of that was we'd be at her moms house who is 100% japanese and would always have japanese tv on lol.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-21 03:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
i was thinking more of a western european system

yeah, would be nice. but I think they actually get to use the languages a lot yeah? I mean, everything in europe is so close together.

all you really have in the US in general is spanish, besides the select communities and stuff.

what i'm really missing is the whole like, bridging the gap thing. all the people who aren't speaking english are non-white, so no matter how politically correct you try to be, there will always be that gap.

I want to actually speak another language with another white person as racist as it may sound. 'tis why i'd like to know a european language fluenty, I'm just not in the mood for all the grammatical stuff ;_;
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i recommend swedish, its fairly close to english, and the grammar isnt really difficult (very little conjugation, just have to worry about adjectives, and what particle nouns take(ex. en pojke/pojken vs ett bord/bordet- a boy/the boy vs a table/the table))
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-21 03:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

on that note its 5am so night
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-21 03:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

Yeppp, finished my presentation so I'm off to bed as well.^^ Night all~
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-04-21 08:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

@scrumpet. I know! I hardly come on this site. Its funny.... I remember back on page 300ish that it seemed this thread would be dying soon(from lack of post) and now its at 900.

@carrelo. Ohi qt how ya been
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2011-04-21 08:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

Congrats on finishing it!
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-04-21 09:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Good luck when you give the presentation carrelo.

How goes it this morning all? : )
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 09:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Tired you?
 Asura.Selennia
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2011-04-21 09:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Good luck when you give the presentation carrelo.

Hoping pool finally gets finished installing today, could really use a dip in it right now~
First Page 2 3 ... 920 921 922 ... 1505 1506 1507