FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 855 856 857 ... 1505 1506 1507
By zahrah 2011-04-07 00:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
zahrah said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
zahrah said:
Jokes. Tasteless, but jokes none-the-less.

Sometimes it's hard to tell. :( There is an unfortunately high incidence of misogyny in certain sectors of the gay community.

I wan't aware that women could be misogynists. As for Scrumpet, I doubt he's misogynist or he would have spouted 'sammich' jokes at me. LOL!

Hun, I already told you I wouldn't go shopping with you~
I never said anything about cooking and baking with you. >:[
I love to cook. :3

Matter of fact, I am usually the one who ends up doing all the house work. fml

Awww... /comfort

That's good news! I need a baking buddy! I've had cheesecake on the brain for the past couple of days, but I can never make it without it cracking during refrigeration. Sooo frustrating!
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-07 00:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end - barring the mentally infirm - we are all free to choose our behavior. I choose, for example, to act on my attraction to men. I'm not particularly effeminate, but this choice of mine is nonetheless disgusting in the eyes of a whoooole lot of people.

Their disgust is firmly rooted in the expectations they have regarding "appropriate" - or as you put it above, "decent" - male behavior. I don't appreciate being held to this standard. I don't consider myself the slightest bit indecent. I can also imagine that "overly masculine" women or "overly feminine" men don't appreciate being held to other people's arbitrary standards of "decency."

This isn't to say that I find effeminate qualities attractive in men (quite the contrary), but I can (and have) looked past that - and found some really great guys.^^ Friend material and date material~
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Awww... /comfort

That's good news! I need a baking buddy! I've had cheesecake on the brain for the past couple of days, but I can never make it without it cracking during refrigeration. Sooo frustrating!

Cheesecakes piss me off! >:[
It almost always cracks on me so, I use it in another dish as bite size pieces! D:
I love making key lime pies~

Omg, do you like flan?
I make a MEAN choco-flan. <3
(Chocolate cake base, flan top half portion, all drenched in flan sauce~~) nomnomnomnom
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-04-07 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramen >.> with an egg. Thats my limitation. And I wish I could find boys like you, Carrelo. I'm in the gayest city in the world, yet I can't.. -.-. Plus, I don't like going to clubs because I don't like being touched by strangers. I usually tell strange men that I'm underage lol.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-04-07 00:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomorrow we shall see which one wins! As for now Galka needs his sleep hibernation period. Good night! <3
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-07 00:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
I wan't aware that women could be misogynists. As for Scrumpet, I doubt he's misogynist or he would have spouted 'sammich' jokes at me. LOL!
Errr, I meant the gay community as in the homosexual male community.^^;

And I know Scrumpet's not a misogynist, we've had many a long conversation. :3 I was responding to the comments rather than to their authors personally, if that makes sense. :X
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-07 00:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:
Ramen >.> with an egg. Thats my limitation. And I wish I could find boys like you, Carrelo. I'm in the gayest city in the world, yet I can't.. -.-. Plus, I don't like going to clubs because I don't like being touched by strangers. I usually tell strange men that I'm underage lol.
lol well at least you're not smack dab in the middle of the south. ; ; It's so hard to find people because everyone has to be so careful. XD I'm still working up my courage to go to the local gay bar. :X

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Tomorrow we shall see which one wins! As for now Galka needs his sleep hibernation period. Good night! <3
Night night.^^ Stop being sick !! :P
By zahrah 2011-04-07 00:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Awww... /comfort

Cheesecakes piss me off! >:[
It almost always cracks on me so, I use it in another dish as bite size pieces! D:
I love making key lime pies~

Omg, do you like flan?
I make a MEAN choco-flan. <3
(Chocolate cake base, flan top half portion, all drenched in flan sauce~~) nomnomnomnom

Oh God! I haven't had flan in such a long time! This is starting to effect my sweet tooth.

/digs in pantry
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:

In the end - barring the mentally infirm - we are all free to choose our behavior. I choose, for example, to act on my attraction to men. I'm not particularly effeminate, but this choice of mine is nonetheless disgusting in the eyes of a whoooole lot of people.

Their disgust is firmly rooted in the expectations they have regarding "appropriate" - or as you put it above, "decent" - male behavior. I don't appreciate being held to this standard. I don't consider myself the slightest bit indecent. I can also imagine that "overly masculine" women or "overly feminine" men don't appreciate being held to other people's arbitrary standards of "decency."

This isn't to say that I find effeminate qualities attractive in men (quite the contrary), but I can (and have) looked past that - and found some really great guys.^^ Friend material and date material~

Ok, decency is defined from one person to another; there is a social norm, however, there is no way to define a universal definition of "decency."

Also, I really don't understand your stand on this topic.
As of recently, homosexuality is far more accepted than what it used to be. Of course, I am using the term "accepted" as a general understanding that there are homosexuals and they are humans too. You, on-the-other-hand, are on the extremest side by using the word "disgust."

As I said, I am not disgusted by overly masculine women/feminine men (I am going to abbreviate this as MW/FM) however, due to my limited interaction with individuals of this category, I am not accustomed to their ways and find it particularly different.

I've never stated that "decency" was a standard that was to be met. I meant that there are some MW/FM that extend far beyond what I am used to and it is - in my terms - "different."
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-04-07 00:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
lol well at least you're not smack dab in the middle of the south. ; ; It's so hard to find people because everyone has to be so careful. XD I'm still working up my courage to go to the local gay bar. :X

Well actually, I hail from Mississippi, so I feel your pain. Back home I'm straight as a stick.. until I can financially back myself >.>. I just go to school here in NYC.~ But there's definitely a lot more freedom here, can hold hands with someone without getting beat up, which is nice.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:

Oh God! I haven't had flan in such a long time! This is starting to effect my sweet tooth.

/digs in pantry

Omg, why did this remind me of how Paula Deen uses butter in EVERYTHING?

Alexander.Carrelo said:
And I know Scrumet's not a misogynist, we've had many a long conversation. :3 I was responding to the comments rather than to their authors personally, if that makes sense. :X

You don't talk to me anymore. ;;

Phoenix.Oumura said:

Oumura, I enjoy how you always act live like a Galka. x3
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-04-07 00:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever had fried butter? ~
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-07 00:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont get to cook often because we rarely have a nice enough store of ingredients to cook anything D=

regarding cheesecake, i've been around the cheesecake factory in charlotte twice this week and havent been able to go to it ; ; i looooove me some cheesecake

i make mean chocolate peanut butter cream pie, its delicious but quite sweet. so good that i'd always be asked to make a few for events in high school, and it'd be all gone by the time i got to dessert ; ;

i wanna have shopping buddies D=

im kinda split on what i wanna go back to college for on one hand theres computer science, where i can learn how to program and stuff and go into a field with the knowledge of there being jobs for it,

on another hand i have an interest in graphic design, i know i have the capability to draw, i just have to learn the techniques

and on a magically there third hand, ive always kinda had interest in fashion design, ever since i was little i would use towels after taking a shower, or my sheets as i lay in bed at night and wrap them around me to make different clothing designs.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

Ever had fried butter? ~

I've had a fried Snickers ice cream bar at a fair before (we shared it with three people because it was toooooo sweet) and that wasn't fun; haha.

Also, yay~!
Another southerner~! :3

I live in super South TX. I've never had a problem (omg, I accidentally spelled "problem" as "probrem" ;;) with any lgbt hate except for the average "f**king ***" being tossed around all over - thankfully not directed to me.

I really don't like public display of affection so when I would walk around with the ex, we no one really suspected anything of it and when we would depart, hardly anyone saw a goodbye kiss. (Notice the term "kiss" not "make-out session"~ xD)

Hmm, I guess I am just odd~ @@;
By zahrah 2011-04-07 00:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

Ever had fried butter? ~

That just sounds terrible. Did you like it?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-07 00:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:

Oumura, I enjoy am turned on how you always act live like a Galka. x3

scrumpy said it >.>;

edit:
im a southerner too! just in the state thats the furthest north you can be and still be considered southern (unless you count WV and VA)
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

Phoenix.Oumura said:

scrumpy said it >.>;

I don't enjoy Galkas. . .
If I had to choose any of the FFXI races, it would probably be Elvaans.

Also, after eating "Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie," I am more than sure I'd end up diabetic! D:<

Edit: Woot, gay southerners! xD
I say "Y'all" all the time~ <3
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-07 00:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

Phoenix.Oumura said:

scrumpy said it >.>;

I don't enjoy Galkas. . .
If I had to choose any of the FFXI races, it would probably be Elvaans.
*ninja edit about pie*

blegh, too lanky for my tastes

edit: you would be, after everyone finished their slice they would come up to me and be like "omg i love this but its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet"
By zahrah 2011-04-07 00:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

Ever had fried butter? ~

I've had a fried Snickers ice cream bar at a fair before (we shared it with three people because it was toooooo sweet) and that wasn't fun; haha.

Also, yay~!
Another southerner~! :3

I live in super South TX. I've never had a problem (omg, I accidentally spelled "problem" as "probrem" ;;) with any lgbt hate except for the average "f**king ***" being tossed around all over - thankfully not directed to me.

I really don't like public display of affection so when I would walk around with the ex, we no one really suspected anything of it and when we would depart, hardly anyone saw a goodbye kiss. (Notice the term "kiss" not "make-out session"~ xD)

Hmm, I guess I am just odd~ @@;

ATX right here!!! Where in South Texas are you?
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
ATX right here!!! Where in South Texas are you?

Austin?

I live five hours south of Austin.

McAllen, TX is close by.

Edit:

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

blegh, too lanky for my tastes

Omg, if they had glasses, I would die!!!! <3

or as Zahrah says it, "spectacles"~ lawl
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-07 00:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i swear like half my friends through ffxi are in texas =/
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-04-07 00:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I go to school for fashion design. It is definitely not an easy journey. Graphic design is.. more complicated that it seems, it's kind of a test or morality and how you deal with situations.

In terms of the drawing thing, computers do all the work nowadays, you don't necessarily have to be Da Vinci to do design these days.

Have no idea what computer science is.. so .. sorry >.>.

For me, fashion is basically everything, if I didn't know for sure I wanted to do it, then I wasn't going to do it. I go to one of the toughest programs in the states, overall, not just in terms of design but in difficulty alone.(I say that but I somehow got my homework done and am lounging on this site atm lol, semesters gotten a lot more lenient A LOT) The dress in my DP is the one I did for a competition (along with four other dresses), I mean.. the first year here you don't actually get to do fashion, so it was really a great opportunity I was chosen to be a part of it.

If you really love graphic design though, Milton Glaser is definitely someone to read up on, he's one of THE most articulated and intelligent of them all really.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

I would honestly kill myself if I had to do this for a living. . .
I programed Java and C++ for high school. . . NEVER AGAIN!

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

You should move to TX with us! <3
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-04-07 00:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

Ever had fried butter? ~

That just sounds terrible. Did you like it?
..suprisingly yes. and normally I'm a pretty healthy eater, some things just picque my interest I guess haha.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-04-07 00:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, decency is defined from one person to another; there is a social norm, however, there is no way to define a universal definition of "decency."

Also, I really don't understand your stand on this topic.
As of recently, homosexuality is far more accepted than what it used to be. Of course, I am using the term "accepted" as a general understanding that there are homosexuals and they are humans too. You, on-the-other-hand, are on the extremest side by using the word "disgust."

As I said, I am not disgusted by overly masculine women/feminine men (I am going to abbreviate this as MW/FM) however, due to my limited interaction with individuals of this category, I am not accustomed to their ways and find it particularly different.

I've never stated that "decency" was a standard that was to be met. I meant that there are some MW/FM that extend far beyond what I am used to and it is - in my terms - "different."

I inferred disgust from the original comment about shivering at the sight of someone. >__> Since I haven't met many people with the ability to lower air temperature merely by being present. :o

I feel like we fundamentally agree on this issue. XD There just seem to be some semantic disconnects lol (standards/conformity are part of the definition of "decency," for example).

<3 Paula Deen~

You don't talk to me anymore. ;;
You know I have to avoid fb like the plague during the academic year. ; ; Otherwise I wouldn't ever get anything done lol ; ;

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

Well actually, I hail from Mississippi, so I feel your pain. Back home I'm straight as a stick.. until I can financially back myself >.>. I just go to school here in NYC.~ But there's definitely a lot more freedom here, can hold hands with someone without getting beat up, which is nice.
Hahah yeah I'm from AL, where I'm out to a grand total of one person (though hopefully not for long).^^ I'm at school in Nashville, TN. :)

Anyways, gotta finish this paper. Catch all of yall later. :3
By zahrah 2011-04-07 00:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

There are a bunch of us from what I have seen! We're taking over! LOL!
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-04-07 00:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

I chose computer science as a major at the age of 17 straight out of high school... and hated it so much I changed my major two months in. I definitely understand when you say NEVER AGAIN! D:
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-04-07 00:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Midgardsormr.Deonz said:

I chose computer science as a major at the age of 17 straight out of high school... and hated it so much I changed my major two months in. I definitely understand when you say NEVER AGAIN! D:

Someone who understands my pain! <3
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-07 01:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i was originally in the school of music for music technology, but that didnt work out, so now im not quite sure what to do

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

You should move to TX with us! <3

but i want to move to sweden D=
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2011-04-07 07:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for neutral countries~