users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Solitaire Cape VS Ixion Cape & Prism Cape
Solitaire Cape VS Ixion Cape & Prism Cape
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-15 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't afford Ixion, you probably can't afford Sorc, so probably totally fine to full time Hec.

Otherwise, I would fulltime Sorc/Ix and put on Hec when I have a bit lower HP for higher dmg stuff, or when I know I'm going to die regardless.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 16:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
On Taru probably yeah. On hume it was a fine balance, I figured it out long ago but lazy to rethink it lol.
More int (ie being taru) would just make the int to MAB ratio favor MAB not int more. So for non tarus ixion might even win on AM2.

Using the magic dmg formula and doing a whole bunch of algebra I made an equation that shows how much int is equivalent to 1 MAB as far as dmg goes.

Xint= (V + Mdint)/(M*100*MAB)

V and M values are on wiki. M for T4 and AM2 is 2.0

V values:

AM2-710
Blizz4-506
thunder4-541

From that you can figure out the most important spells or at least approximates if you don't know exact mob ints. MAB is in 1.something. Ie if you are wearing 42 MAB in gear and have 32 from job trait and 10 from potency meris it would be 1.84

Also until just a little while ago probably when people realize Hecate isn't all that hot Ixion was like 400k less on my server lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-15 16:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, that stuff makes my brain hurt today =\.

On Hume MAB always won for higher spells, instead of doing the calculations manually just plug numbers into the calculator ;x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 16:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The posted calculator is a little off.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-15 16:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It uses the same calculation... I don't understand what you're getting at, still,?. We pretty much agreed higher dmg, MAB > INT.

Edit: Maybe it's the part about me saying Hec is better on lower damage too?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 16:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly. It doesn't truncate at each step.

Yes 1 MAB is pretty much always better than 1int (unless you got rediculous amounts of MAB and/or like negative dint lol).

But how much more is highly dependent on what spell dint and MAB. The more int or higher base dmg of spell you have the better MAB is in comparison.

The more MAB you have the more int is better in comparison. I'm guessing the reason hecates is better on T4 for you is you don't nuke in that much MAB.

From you saying Hecate works out better on blizz 4 and you are a hume I'd say you nuke with a total of 65ish MAB before back peice. Which depending on merits means 22-32 from gear.

Once you get more than that ixion will start winning.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-15 18:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, I see what you're saying, then I do disagree :P.

I might start playing sometime next month again, I'll bookmark this thread and come back to it later~.
 Asura.Tyroch
Server: Asura
user: Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2010-06-15 19:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
=From you saying Hecate works out better on blizz 4 and you are a hume I'd say you nuke with a total of 65ish MAB before back peice. Which depending on merits means 22-32 from gear.

Once you get more than that ixion will start winning.

This is so spot on with my field tests comparing Gleeman's and Hecate's it is scary.

Since Hecate's has a small lead on Ixion/Gleeman's on AM2 I am keeping mine in hopes of better nukes becoming available as the level cap goes up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 19:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The math don't lie.

I'll wait and see on the new single target nukes. While can almost garunteed they will have higher V values, well maybe not higher than the AM2 but certainly higher than T4, they quite possibly will have higher int multipliers too. So it's kinda up in the air. Not to mention the possibility of new MAB gear and/or job traits messing with ***.

Though wiki will probably take forever in updating those so might have to test it myself lol
 Asura.Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2010-06-16 14:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I needed something to do while working on these silly Magian Trails.

Hecate's are down to 150k on Asura and the price will probably go down more. No reason to to have one on my server at least. The possibility of higher INT multipliers did slip my mind though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-16 15:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn if it was only 150k on my server I'd pick it up like that and put it into my AM2 maccros lol.

God those trials are annoying. Right now I'm on kill 200 slimes with 150+ lightning dmg and yeah it is annoying. I like spiders alot better. Both times I did them lol
 Asura.Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2010-06-17 13:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One-shotting the chigoes on the previous trial was a lot faster then those slimes.

One interesting thing about that staff, Hecate's is beating Gleeman's now on thunder 4. using Jupiter's staff, the gleeman's goes back to being on top. I am now tempted to go make another staff for water V.