Forum » FFXI » General » 360 user's getting "Unrecognizable Disc"
360 user's getting "Unrecognizable Disc"
 Lakshmi.Sage
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Sageskis
By Lakshmi.Sage 2010-02-23 06:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As most ppl who play ffxi on the 360 are already aware of the countless drawbacks and problems to playing on the 360...I discovered a new one today.
A friend of mine wanted me to play some halo with him so after logging out of ffxi and awaiting the abnormaly long load time it takes to get to the xbox dashboard (this may be common for 360 users), I popped in a different game for a few hours. My ffxi-o-meter was starting to get low so I popped ffxi back into my 360...only to get an, "Unrecognizable disc" error. I checked my disc for scratches...there were a few small ones, but nothing significant so I tried a few more times, but time and time again I got the same error message. I tried different 360 games and DVDs which all played perfectly. It was just my ffxi disc. Luckily for times like this...I keep a spare brand new copy of ffxi handy...I tore open the shrink wrap, popped that brand new puppy in the 360...annnnnd...<the anticipation>......"Unrecognizable Disc...Please clean the disc with a soft cloth....Restart your 360 console." I thought to myself "double you tee eff man!!" After trying everything under the sun to get it to work, I was ready to try a rain dance! And by the way I did have ffxi downloaded to the 360 HDD. I thought that maybe if I deleted it and re-downloaded it, that might work...wrong! Apparently "this disc does not support this feature," which struct me as quite odd since i had already had the game downloaded to the HDD in the past.
After an hour or so went by, i realized the one thing i hadnt tried was removing the HDD and popping it back in. SUCCESS!! Finally my 360 was reading the disc!! So hopefully my story helps any else with the same predicament.
And let me save some time for those of you who are about to say, "360 ftl, PC ftw." yea yea yea whatever
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-02-23 06:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you screamed "Ureka!" and ran around the street :D
By Sierran 2010-02-23 06:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to play on xbox
Upgrade to pc bro so so so so so much better
 Fairy.Aquilo
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-02-23 07:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ha ha this happed to me but i used to use the "guide" button just to turn the console and controller off when i was done forcing a dc from ffxi.. anyway i phoned xbox they had me trying everything under the sun cd's dvd other games.. with and witout the hard drive .. trying my hard drive on another system. nothing worked they then advised me that i would have to format my hardrive ... /cry.. so ok, did this reinstalled ffxi took most of a full day to install and get the 20million update files downloaded (witch most of them are dead files now) 3 weeks later rrod!!!... so that took about a month to resolve.. all in all a fun time going cold turkey for ffxi :P

i now have ffxi on pc and xbox mostly use to dual box.. and the worst case if it happens againi wont be without MY PRECIOUS! /em Aquilo strokes the almighty world of Vana'diel