Yet Another Izey Forum! (Server Shutdown = Private Hosting?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Yet another Izey Forum! (Server Shutdown = Private Hosting?)
Yet another Izey Forum! (Server Shutdown = Private Hosting?)
By Izey 2010-02-22 10:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo I'm back again >_>;
I went to the Amazon.com to check out the whole pre-order FF14 business.... well this is fair enough proof that there isnt much time till it's release and our obvious dramatic Population decline. With a interview with SE peeps I had read if it becomes that they no longer wish to.... support FF11.... they may consider Private Server hosting.... I've allready seen videos who this on their own with 3rd pary programs ofocurse, I don't hear much talk about it..

Anyway, it's obvious the shrinking of servers would come first, but then after that anyone else think they may just make it so that everyone just connects to others play instead of using servers? Or people honestly belive SE will leave some FF11 servers up forever...lol....(Ofcourse Private servers means no more monthly fees, and can probly hack all the gear you want on your charys).
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-22 10:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

wut
By Izey 2010-02-22 11:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sayin what do people think if FF11 becomes a private hosting only game later on, or if that will even happen or they would just shut down the whole game all together (I wouldnt think so).
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-02-22 11:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers are illegal, simply put. SE won't ever endorse them and SE won't turn off FFXI servers until the it gets to the point they aren't making a profit anymore.

I sincerely doubt FFXI will ever be able to be played properly over private servers similar to PSOs SCHTHACK. When FFXIs population finally dwindles down to the point SE can't support it anymore, it'll simply end, goodbye Vana'diel.

However I don't see that happening for at least a couple years yet. FFXIV might pull some players off FFXI, but I imagine the people who plan on playing it are mostly already off FFXI.
By Izey 2010-02-22 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how the legitament Relic/Mythic makers feel about this >_>;
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-22 11:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE? Allow people to play for free?? LOL that'll never happen.

I agree with Erim, they'll just close the servers and that will be the end.

The odd thing about it is that in a few years FF11 will be the first unplayable Final Fantasy game. I mean, people can always go back and play FF6, 7, 8, etc (maybe even for the first time), but no one will be able to play the 11th game in the series.

Kinda sad since some of the story lines are really interesting if you take the time to read the cut scenes.