Valkrum Dunes
First Page 2
 Fairy.Nekozuko
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-22 04:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone want to party in Valkrum dunes like the old days before the solo only days?
 Ifrit.Redbully
Server: Ifrit
user: reedith
By Ifrit.Redbully 2010-02-22 04:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL the dunes was killed off, everyone seems to skip that zone nowadays because of Astral Flow parties boosting people to 22-23 but a gimped 22-23 I might say.
 Fairy.Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-22 04:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's for old times sake
 Ifrit.Redbully
By Ifrit.Redbully 2010-02-22 05:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A well focused party in the dunes can pull 10-13k exp per hour but meh people rather burn their jobs. I would of came with you, nothing like spending the day at the beach xD
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-22 06:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

People skip the dunes cause it sucks lol.
[+]
 Remora.Mitsurughy
Server: Remora
user: EnricO
By Remora.Mitsurughy 2010-02-22 07:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i used to love dunes....
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-02-22 07:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunes was good old fun~
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-02-22 08:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should kill all the *** SMN burn parties. uhauhaauh:D

jk I just envy the ppl who exp'd like this to get maat's cap / all jobs to 75, and pity who got this exping the normal way:D
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-02-22 08:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to kill smn burn pt's just stand on one of the bridges in the tunnel and -aga.
[+]
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-02-22 08:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah i have better things to do fortunately, maybe when my fishing skill will be high enough to be fishing in qufim:D (is it qufim where they do that?)
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 08:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple friends and I set up a Bibiki Bay party not too long ago for "old times sake"... It sucked
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-02-22 08:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bibiki;Q_
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-02-22 08:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I still create parties in the dunes sometimes if I see some newer people in the region. Might as well give them a hand, and get them used to being in a party, or help get sub job items. Even with the improvements SE has made over time, FFXI is still pretty damn unforgiving to new players.

After all, most of the selfish *** still playing this game are too busy admiring their imaginary armor in Whitegate or whining about the people in their linkshell to remember what it was like being new.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-02-22 08:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Actually, I still create parties in the dunes sometimes if I see some newer people in the region. Might as well give them a hand, and get them used to being in a party, or help get sub job items. Even with the improvements SE has made over time, FFXI is still pretty damn unforgiving to new players. After all, most of the selfish *** still playing this game are too busy admiring their imaginary armor in Whitegate or whining about the people in their linkshell to remember what it was like being new.
All sarcasm aside(since I'm known for it), I wish more players were like you. Too many people worship their pixels to remember their precious game was made for teamwork and to enjoy.

On topic, Valkurm is hell without a PL 9/10 times. xD If people can skip it now...much more power to em. I sure as hell would.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 08:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunes reminds me of my good old noob days ^^

oh what a great feeling it was to get out of there
 Ifrit.Redbully
By Ifrit.Redbully 2010-02-22 09:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well said couldnt agree with you anymore.
 Remora.Beltenebros
Server: Remora
By Remora.Beltenebros 2010-02-22 09:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Actually, I still create parties in the dunes sometimes if I see some newer people in the region. Might as well give them a hand, and get them used to being in a party, or help get sub job items. Even with the improvements SE has made over time, FFXI is still pretty damn unforgiving to new players.

After all, most of the selfish *** still playing this game are too busy admiring their imaginary armor in Whitegate or whining about the people in their linkshell to remember what it was like being new.

Completely agree with Eternaltriumph... the game could use more players like you. I always try to help out if I see a Mission /shout or AF armor /shout in Whitegate but my social LS burned me out on helping n00bs. I've never AB'd a job up, but with FoV and the XP increases in last year(?)'s update I've managed to solo my way well past the d00nes without ever looking back. There are some things I miss about my lowbie days in this game, but d00nes parties are not one of them.

Edit: I lied. I do miss them for the PT chat or /shout JA or WS macros. Those things never get old, especially for the WAR/MNK spamming Boost every 15 seconds. CHARGIN' MAH LAZ0rZ!!!!!!
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-02-22 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Actually, I still create parties in the dunes sometimes if I see some newer people in the region. Might as well give them a hand, and get them used to being in a party, or help get sub job items. Even with the improvements SE has made over time, FFXI is still pretty damn unforgiving to new players. After all, most of the selfish *** still playing this game are too busy admiring their imaginary armor in Whitegate or whining about the people in their linkshell to remember what it was like being new.
All sarcasm aside(since I'm known for it), I wish more players were like you. Too many people worship their pixels to remember their precious game was made for teamwork and to enjoy. On topic, Valkurm is hell without a PL 9/10 times. xD If people can skip it now...much more power to em. I sure as hell would.

Heh, I'm one of those random whm that likes to sit at the side of noob parties and kinda PL them for a while (aka just watch the tank and heal him/her). I haven't done that recently just because I've had a few parties tell me to back off. /shrug
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 09:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to help people too

I was fishing earlier on the Selbina/Mhuara boat when a couple people died while fighting the pirates, they asked me for a raise but I didn't have the MP gear on me so I said I'd switch in Mhuara and raise them

I did this, missed my boat in the process and I didn't even get a "Thank you".

It's not a huge deal, but it ticks me off when people don't at least say thanks when you go out of your way to help them

Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-02-22 09:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely agree with you Spence. Although its only been a few times that I haven't gotten thank yous. What has happened to me raise related is when people /tell me asking for a raise, I haul my butt out to where their at and ask for <pos> and then get a tell back with them saying "Sorry got a raise 10 minutes ago! But thanks anyway!"

Really wish people could tell me now I could go back to what I was doing before. /sigh
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-02-22 10:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valkurm Dunes
Quifim
Yuhtunga
Garlaige
Crawler's Nest
Garlaige (wtf, again?)
Kuftal
The Boyahda Tree
Labyrinth of Onzozo
Ro'Maeve
Ru'Avitu

Those were the good ol' days. I might've forgotten a few, but those were the days before the advent of CoP, ToAU, or WotG. How I miss those simpler times.

Hey, does anyone remember skillchains? Or how we used to go all in depth about how to make Freeze skillchain macros?
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-22 11:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchain? What's that? x'DD
Ifrit.Redbully said:
I would of came with you, nothing like spending the day at the beach xD

... but you're on different servers??

I gave up on trying to party in the dunes, and decided just to level a job at Qufim level. There isn't enough people around to start a party most of the time and when there is ppl around no one wants to wait long enough to get one going.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-02-22 16:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Valkurm Dunes
Quifim
Yuhtunga
Garlaige
Crawler's Nest
Garlaige (wtf, again?)
Kuftal
The Boyahda Tree
Labyrinth of Onzozo
Ro'Maeve
Ru'Avitu

Those were the good ol' days. I might've forgotten a few, but those were the days before the advent of CoP, ToAU, or WotG. How I miss those simpler times.

Hey, does anyone remember skillchains? Or how we used to go all in depth about how to make Freeze skillchain macros?

you forgot yhoator.... you can thank me later
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-22 16:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated the dunes then, I hate it even more now.
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-22 16:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
If you want to kill smn burn pt's just stand on one of the bridges in the tunnel and -aga.

...and then get temp or perma banned for grief tactics.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-22 16:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Still plenty of Dunes parties here D:
By semimmortal 2010-02-22 16:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valkurm Dunes? What's that? Sounds dirty...
Only place I'd level at a low level would be in the Bububububa Peninsula.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-22 17:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunes parties suck, but eh it's a good place to learn the ins and outs of a totally new job.
 Fairy.Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-22 17:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated dunes but I hated solo much more. People helps with the grind...
 Fairy.Wolfjorg
user: wolfjorgg
By Fairy.Wolfjorg 2010-02-22 20:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Valkurm Dunes
Quifim
Yuhtunga
Garlaige
Crawler's Nest
Garlaige (wtf, again?)
Kuftal
The Boyahda Tree
Labyrinth of Onzozo
Ro'Maeve
Ru'Avitu

Yeap remember those days. Good ol days of roaming parties in sky, that was the start of death to BLMs in party set up lol.
First Page 2