Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH & Ixion Cloak o.O
SCH & Ixion Cloak o.O
First Page 2
By Izey 2010-02-06 17:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea so I'm looking at the SCh's AF Bod + Head combo in parison with Ixion cloak, (Assuming you dont have AF2 to make Sublimation 4/tix, doesnt Ixion cloak make sence? While testing it on my BLM It consitantly did 5-8DMg more than my Weskit and Demon helm so meh I think it's ok for nukes, not half bad to stcik enfeebs, and the consistant refresh tick outa Sublimation wont hurt either, comments O.O? (i'm new to SCH as far as how to gear it is concerend dont flame me XD!

I'd like best Gear set ups and idea for
Enfeebling and Nuking
Healing I just dont care lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Takien
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2010-02-06 17:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much fulltime ix cloak except for enfeeble set, and well resting. It does very well in a good nuke setup maybe swap out to af body and elite barret for high resist mobs. With ebullience, weather and obis at your disposal the int and macc on cloak does just fine and is all around good piece and inventory savor.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=79454
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-06 17:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well just off the top of my head, AF head with Errant body would be better for nuking and AF body/Elite Beret would be better for enfeebling. Though if you have ixion cloak, you could probably use it for both to save inventory space. And it's a really good idle piece but I can't recommend going out of your way to buy one if you don't have one.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-06 17:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, I am still a little new to SCH as well, but you're welcome to check out my sets:

SCH - Dark Arts / Nuking
SCH - Enfeebling (Include Elite Beret)
SCH - Light Arts / Healing
Stoneskin gear(still working a bit on this one)

But to sum it up, I only use Ixion Cloak for healing. I nuke in Scholar's Gown+1 + Argute M.board(Selenian cap).
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-06 17:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
You only need a total of 110 MND to cap Stoneskin in Dark Arts, and 95 to cap in Light Arts.
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-06 18:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So SCH with AF head and Errant Body > BLM with Weskit and Demon helm xD
God no wonder BLMs are pissed off.
By Izey 2010-02-06 18:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is the case I'll just put more effort into getting the AF2 for 4tix Sublimation and call it a day =p
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-06 18:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Hades.Triet said:
You only need a total of 110 MND to cap Stoneskin in Dark Arts, and 95 to cap in Light Arts.
Is that at capped enhancing magic?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-06 18:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no way a ixion cloak could consistenly do more for nukes than demon helm+weskit.

That's effectively saying assuming you were using NQ that 8int>6MAB.

I can tell you right now that at least on my blm on puddings when my ugg pendant is active for Blizz 4 1 MAB wil add as much dmg as 1.605 int and for freeze 2 1 MAB would be 2.156int.

Now that is nuking with 85 MAB. You would be hard pressed to get more MAB and nuking in less would just favor MAB even more.

13int for head and body is just bad for nuking
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-06 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I tested in a 20 nuke round session with each comparing the same thing on weaker mobs and stronger mobs alike (Using the nukes on Low level mobs show the cap DMG you can do more accurately btw) And each time Ixion cloak > Weskit and Demon helm, Try it O_O

I'm not talking about accesories and latent effects and all that other crap.

Just Ixion Cloak > Demon Helm + Weskit!
By Izey 2010-02-06 18:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if AF head and errant Body > Ixion cloak as far as SCH is concerned I'll find out soon though!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-06 18:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Well I tested in a 20 nuke round session with each comparing the same thing on weaker mobs and stronger mobs alike (Using the nukes on Low level mobs show the cap DMG you can do more accurately btw) And each time Ixion cloak > Weskit and Demon helm, Try it O_O I'm not talking about accesories and latent effects and all that other crap. Just Ixion Cloak > Demon Helm Weskit!

The key is your test is messed up. Unless you plan on nuking mostly nekkid most the time. The only reason your int is valued so high in those test is most likely because you were nuking with a barely negative dint with the weskit and slightly postive in ixion.

If that was really true in real gear then no one would ever nuke in weskit because demon helm + errant would be even better!!!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-06 18:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Idk if AF head and errant Body > Ixion cloak as far as SCH is concerned I'll find out soon though!
You don't know if 14 int>>>13 int?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-02-06 18:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, don't do anything in an Ixion Cloak except for idle.

For nuking, Errant/Mahatma or Redingote and AF hat or Selenian cap will vastly outperform an Ixion Cloak. If you're fighting highly resistant mobs, AF body is the best way to go.

For enfeebling in Dark Arts, you're much better off with AF body and Elite Beret. +19 Enfeebling Magic is enormous for two pieces of equipment and will do much more for you than Ixion in this department. Likewise with Errant Houppelande and Elite Beret for Light Arts.

If you already have an Ixion Cloak then use it for idling; otherwise, you're just as well off getting a Vermillion Cloak. Once you've got relic body the only reason to really use either of the two is for Sublimation downtime.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-06 19:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the debuffs. IF you are doing things like sleep sure af and elite.

If you are doing slow/para for some reason maybe errant body and/or relic head instead.

Also relic head for nuking really resistant mobs if you don't have selenian cap.
 Fairy.Shiyo
Server: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-09 01:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ixion cloak should only be used with garden bangles + Orochi nodowa when you can't cast SS because you're lazy, around magic aggro, kiting something, downtime between sublimation cooldown, or your sublimation is fully charged.

Ixion cloak is also TERRIBLE for any type of nuking or debuffing, SCH Gown/errant body(helix) + Selenian or AF/relic helm is always better, be it max damage build or +Ele skill build for harder targets(hnm's wyrms sky gods etc).
[+]
 Fenrir.Zephuros
Server: Fenrir
user: Zephuros
By Fenrir.Zephuros 2010-03-01 07:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using a redingote for nukes, (MAB and MAC +4) and Scholar M.Board. Got the INT and MAB to do some damage, currently working on +1 the head piece and getting a Novio with my LS from Sea runs (need about 30 more points before I can lot it ; ;) Ixion Cloak is down right useless for SCH. You gain more benefits from AF body and Errant body with hat. I've tried and tested. It's crap.
 Fairy.Aeryi
Server: Fairy
user: Aeryi
By Fairy.Aeryi 2010-03-04 13:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ixion Cloak is alright for idling after sublimation is finished if you're simply main healing, and ixion cloak is alright for landing white magic enfeebs (and this is arguable if you have argute m. board + errant body; or yigit turban + errant body; but i myself have neither yet). NO ONE SHOULD USE IXION CLOAK UNDER DARK ARTS. period.

for nuking scholars m.board + errant body is better than ixion's
for enfeebling high resist mobs scholar's gown is best
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yurisaki
Server: Asura
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-05-26 16:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Errant INT w/e better then the skill gained from Dark Arts+ on AF body?
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 16:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yurisaki said:
Is Errant INT w/e better then the skill gained from Dark Arts on AF body?

I know you hate to hear this, but it depends on the mob. Higher Lvl mobs you are gonna want the extra MACC from the skill but for power on non-resistant mobs Errant is better.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-26 16:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yurisaki said:
Is Errant INT w/e better then the skill gained from Dark Arts on AF body?
It adds different things.

10 int is offers some a decent amount of dmg and 5-10macc.

While 15 skill from dark arts offers 15macc and no dmg. That 1 int on the body adds .5-1macc and a little bit of dmg.

So on debuffs that are not slow/para af body is far superiour

If you are nuking or using para/slow errant will be better unless you need the macc. Which if you are fighting something hard you probably do with that lower base skill
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-31 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

teal head/teal body, (the best for nuking atm) teal body out dds errant
i use hecate crown/teal body setup, those magic acc -2 is not an issue specially when lvl 85-99 is coming so soon
and of course elemental obis , essential for sch nukes, you wont out DD blms if you don't have those, i don't think you should waste money on ixion cloak, if you have the af head, the cloak is only good when sublimation recast is down
 Valefor.Ulilly
Server: Valefor
user: SlayerDNA
By Valefor.Ulilly 2010-08-31 13:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For Nuking, You want something similar to mine... But not easy to get~ tho the strongest nuke set(working on upgrading body and feet). Keep in mind the body wont work for you if you don't have Elemental magic merits. . .

5/5 int(Taru) + 8/8 Eleme Mag

Stats on head: +4int Macc+2 Mattk+2

Other possible replacements yet keeping strong nuking power:

*Teal body(yes the current body I use still outnukes Teal)
*Heca cape
Surely other pieces that can be swap if low on cash/time/LS but either way you will be fine^^
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-10 14:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
Erm, I am still a little new to SCH as well, but you're welcome to check out my sets:

SCH - Dark Arts / Nuking
SCH - Enfeebling (Include Elite Beret)
SCH - Light Arts / Healing

But to sum it up, I only use Ixion Cloak for healing. I nuke in Scholar's Gown+1 + Argute M.board(Selenian cap).

Should add the Stone Mufflers, and Stone Gorget to your Stoneskin set for an extra 60HP on Stoneskin.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-11-10 15:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Please, don't do anything in an Ixion Cloak except for idle.

This. And even so, i don't use Ixion on sch. it seems more of a wasted inventory spot than anything else. If i'm idling, sublimation should be charging. if it's full, it's still not worth the investment to me. I perform just fine w/o it.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-11-10 16:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH can't wear Stone Mufflers. It can only wear the Gorget. :(
First Page 2