users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ifrit » RECENT BANNINGS, TRYING TO PROTEST MAR.1
RECENT BANNINGS, TRYING TO PROTEST MAR.1
 Ifrit.Linksamus
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2010-01-30 01:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people of Ifrit. Recently I lost 4 friends to a banning spree SE went on. First was Bowenman. We suspect he was banned for getting angry with the rmt using the 30 day trial (I'm sure you all get the spam from them). Well, Bowen got angry with them on many occasions. Next, a couple of weeks later, some mutual friends of ours were all banned, Keeria and Atessa. They talked to Bowen much more than I did, so I suspect they were banned for this. I propose that we gather as many people as possible in whitegate on march first to protest this. SE isn't doing their job and allowing REAL players to play undisturbed. The rmt are controlling them, and making them do unjust things to players without SE realizing this. They make no attempt to discuss with players, they simply ban them from playing. If you can help, it would be appreciated. Thank you if you took the time to read this.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 01:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bowen seems to have been banned for having sent several /tells to RMT spammers, and it seems they're banning most of the people who he frequently interacted with. This is unjust and franky ludicrous. I'll be making a new character using some spare Content IDs to participate in this event.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-30 01:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I had no idea that RMT's spamming folks was such major issue. Don't get me wrong I heard about it happening but nothing like this. That's unheard of on our server. You guys must be getting driven crazy.

Let us know how your march on Imperial Whitegate goes.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-30 01:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait. Even if I were to respond to RMT tells saying "Go die in a fire" I could potentially be banned for simply responding? That's pretty lame, yet at the same time doesn't surprise me when it comes to SE's "tactical" ways of combating RMT.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 01:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Artemicion:
Yes, that seems to be the case. That's all Bowen did that could be even remotely illegal, and now they're banning the people he interacted with most often, presumably on principal.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-01-30 01:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is pretty bad WG!!!
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-30 01:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

/facepalm

This is like the gardening incident alllll over again.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-30 02:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried calling SE's customer service or contacting someone through their site to file a complaint and have it investigated? Yeah I know, sucky service and all, but I think they do have some sort of setup for people who think they've been unfairly banned. Could work. ^^
Server: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-01-30 02:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
So wait. Even if I were to respond to RMT tells saying "Go die in a fire" I could potentially be banned for simply responding? That's pretty lame, yet at the same time doesn't surprise me when it comes to SE's "tactical" ways of combating RMT.

lol, yeah, I love the new filters, instead of "Brogame.com cheap ffxi gil!" now we get the awesome replacement that is "Gvxgamej cheap ffxi gil! (Gvx=Bro, j=.com) Wish you have fun!"
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 02:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Have you tried calling SE's customer service or contacting someone through their site to file a complaint and have it investigated? Yeah I know, sucky service and all, but I think they do have some sort of setup for people who think they've been unfairly banned. Could work. ^^
Bowen already tried it to no result and I'm currently in line for a reply, though I'll have to wait till Monday.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-30 02:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

POIDH.

Also I get tells with weird frequency. Sometimes I can get them like 2-3 an hour and others not for days litterally. Doing the same thing in the same zone.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 02:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
POIDH.
I'd rather not play the "proove it to me" game. I don't care whether some arbitrary person believes me, I simply know what happened.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-30 02:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is pretty harsh on its harassment stuff sometimes. Lets hope your friend didn't use bucketloads of vulgar language and racial slurs and lets also hope that those folks who were the supposed RMT actually got caught for it. Regardless, its still harassment :(
 Lakshmi.Treborris
Server: Lakshmi
user: treborris
By Lakshmi.Treborris 2010-01-30 03:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok SE is fing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to the 3rd degree. I got jailed today for having f bishes get money in my bazaar comment. Ok thats cool i accept that. Well the gm threatened to ban my account and keep in mind this is my first run in with a gm. Ok. Well 2 months ago i reported a hnmls for botting and using multiple diff kinds of 3rd party programs with websites and all. Yet this hnmls along with the members walk around town daily and claim hnms w/o due to botting...IMO SE is hardcore HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and backwards! They go after the good honest players and let the ppl that "disobey the STF and rules/regulations" run free. SE is full of $h!t!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-30 03:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Botting usually can't be proven. Also you might already be on record for some stuff but they just didn't think it meritted telling you till now. Also they always threaten.

You know you were a bad boy right!?! Do it again and banhammer ok? You can go along your way now
By Galkipoo 2010-02-06 21:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know on my server i get at least one /tell an hour, sometimes up to four of them. Quite annoying! Guess i should stop replying to them informing them i will kill their dog with the next /tell i get ; ;
 Ifrit.Emerelle
user: Emerelle
By Ifrit.Emerelle 2010-03-04 08:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg SE is so bloody HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE at some points!!
Banning ppl who are even just playing on 360, so they are not even able to use any illigal software....

And who can call themself free... think almost everybody shouted at RMT spams once....

<3 Tessa ; ;

Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-03-17 05:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow what am I planning on coming back to lol.

I was kinda hoping they would have got rid of them damn RMT tells, coz they do drive me up the wall...

Can't believe they've banned Bowen and Keeria :(

I think SE really are douche bags sometimes, there are plenty of people out there that deserve to be banned yet they just seem to ignore them.

Is that tele bot still in WG? The little taru?
I've reported him countless times and still nothing gets done.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [122 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Radel
user: Radel
By Ifrit.Radel 2010-07-17 14:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I havent seen the taru for a long while. but I have to say the "filter system" was a good plan, but I laughed harder when took SE countless of days to put this defense up and took rmts... day maybe ... day and half at most.

I have been jailed 2-3 times for claims I was an rmt. because I was claiming a mob that rmts were hunting the most. (she/he wasn't clear what my charges were)

SE good in ways but they don't do the research to check char names, where the gil usually goes and so forth.

I hope your friends come back, I been around on FFXI long and lost friends and gained new ones.

Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-07-28 20:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm back, SE apologized and after a bit of bureaucracy, my account was active again.

@Koga: I'm sorry you couldn't follow simple rules in a Dynamis LS. I'm also shocked that you remain butt-hurt after all this time. It's somewhat sad, but is your prerogative. And, by the fact that they restored my account, I'd have to give your theory that I'm RMT a big fat lol.

I love the filter system. I receive maybe a tell a day at most now, when I used to receive several per hour. :3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [140 days between previous and next post]
By Audrina 2010-12-15 23:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:

@Koga: I'm sorry you couldn't follow simple rules in a Dynamis LS. I'm also shocked that you remain butt-hurt after all this time. It's somewhat sad, but is your prerogative. And, by the fact that they restored my account, I'd have to give your theory that I'm RMT a big fat lol.

I wouldn't worry much about Koga as he has a severe personality disorder in real life, and it just spills over in-game and within forums.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Nathanielglory 2011-03-03 12:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Audrina said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
I wouldn't worry much about Koga as he has a severe personality disorder in real life, and it just spills over in-game and within forums.

Ppl that cant understand simple rules... sigh
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 12:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BOWENMAN GOT BANNED?! WTFCOCKSUCKINGBBWOMFG IS GOING ON HERE?!

You know how many *** /tells we get from those *** spammers?! And since SE wont do anything about it, we spam those *** back with /tells of vulgar intent.

Sorry to hear your friends got banned Links. I say we launch a DDoS attack on SE's mainframe!!!
 Ifrit.Exzir
user: Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2011-03-07 17:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am afraid there is always more to the stories than is always told. Since I never saw him come back there was more to the story than what was told. There are a temp band and then they investigate what was said. If you go off telling someone your going to hunt them down and kill them that is a threat no matter how much you you don't mean it. I know people can make you really mad sending tells at all hours of the day and night but what you /tell is set in stone. What you think can not be set in stone.